Last post by squidz
Today 11:16 AM
the little hawk with sharp...
by Luna16
Last post by SnackingShoelaces
Today 11:14 AM

Old May 19th, 2024, 09:31 AM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Bump Policy: Don't care, just mention me.
My Mood: Devilish

Default Re: .•*Scrapyard*•. [Main RP]

Mocha, the 1/2 year old tortie with amber eyes, tried to get out of her cage. Why didn't the lock let loose? Normally, it did. The work-folk always had a time getting her caught and back in her cage. But this time, it was different. She had gotten put in a different cage and just, well, dropped here, wherever here was. She rattled her cage. "Help!" The kitten's shrill, anxious cry echoed. What was this place? @sock
@Kacy!

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix
Old May 20th, 2024, 07:40 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Apollo cocked an eyebrow when Sandy relayed her not-very-well-thought-out plan to him. It especially irked him that she wanted to find a human, one of the very same species that had caught them, locked them up, and dumped them here. He wasn't very keen on following that poor excuse for a plan, so he was glad when she suggested he explain his own, which he'd actually been working on since before his cage had hit the ground.

"Well," Apollo said proudly, holding his head high like Mother had always told him to do when he wanted to be confident, "I do think we should search for food first. Since men are rather wasteful there should be a decent amount of stuff in there, but it may be difficult to track down seeing as the smell of, well, scrap may get in the way. Next we should begin work on a shelter. We have no idea how long we might be stuck here, so a barrier against the elements is a must-have. And then I suggest finding somebody who lives or frequents the Scrapyard. Then," he hesitated, speaking this part in a lower and less sure-of-himself tone than the rest of his speech, "we could... look for a human."

He spat the word out, as if it didn't even deserve to be spoken. Apollo only suggested it because Sandy had seemed so excited at the idea of finding one, and for some reason she just wasn't the kind of dog he'd like to let down, so he supposed it couldn't hurt to do a quick sweep of the Scrapyard for any stray meat-sacks. He didn't ask Sandy what she thought of his plan, because he already knew it was better than hers and had never felt the need to seek admiration or approval. Instead he continued on his brisk trot towards the Scrapyard, not even glancing back to check if the collie was following.

[ @Kacey! ]

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art

Last edited by sock; May 20th, 2024 at 07:40 AM.
Old May 21st, 2024, 03:36 PM
not online a lot, sorry

Bump Policy: anytime necessary

As the huge husky explained his plan, Sandy’s eyes shone. “That’s a great idea!” she squeaked when he turned to trot away. Just as she lifted her paw to follow, a sound made her pause and prick her ears. Was that a voice?

Her wagging tail stilled to a stop and she spun around to face the cages they had just begun to leave behind. There was someone still over there! All of the cages had seemed empty.

“Wait, uh— I’ll be right back!” the collie yelped over her shoulder. Then she sped back to the tossed wire kennels and sniffed around.

There, looking frightened and small in one of the cages, was a very young cat. When Sandy was a puppy, she used to chase them on sight, but this one looked rather sad, and she thought that perhaps being friends would be okay. “Hey,” she said, coming over and lowering her head down. “You’ll be alright! My friend over there showed me how to open things like these!”

Biting at the latch, Sandy pulled it up and out. It took a few tries, but the door finally sprang open. “Haha!” Sandy shook herself out. “Wanna come with us? I’m Sandy!”

@sock
@Mizu
Old May 21st, 2024, 07:45 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey! View Post

As the huge husky explained his plan, Sandy’s eyes shone. “That’s a great idea!” she squeaked when he turned to trot away. Just as she lifted her paw to follow, a sound made her pause and prick her ears. Was that a voice?

Her wagging tail stilled to a stop and she spun around to face the cages they had just begun to leave behind. There was someone still over there! All of the cages had seemed empty.

“Wait, uh— I’ll be right back!” the collie yelped over her shoulder. Then she sped back to the tossed wire kennels and sniffed around.

There, looking frightened and small in one of the cages, was a very young cat. When Sandy was a puppy, she used to chase them on sight, but this one looked rather sad, and she thought that perhaps being friends would be okay. “Hey,” she said, coming over and lowering her head down. “You’ll be alright! My friend over there showed me how to open things like these!”

Biting at the latch, Sandy pulled it up and out. It took a few tries, but the door finally sprang open. “Haha!” Sandy shook herself out. “Wanna come with us? I’m Sandy!”

@sock
@Mizu
Mocha shook herself. This puppy was... big! Friendly, but big. Maybe big wasn't so bad, this one seemed nice. "Go where?" Mocha asked. "Out into the world? Are we gonna run around and make chaos? That sounds like fun!" Mocha had the urge to start playing with her tail, but it was kinda dirty so she didn't. "My name's Mocha, by the way! And I do wanna go with you! I wanna go on an adventure!" Not that she knew why Sandy had said 'us', but Mocha supposed she would find out seen enough.

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix
Old May 22nd, 2024, 07:30 AM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person

Even though Apollo had told himself approval wasn't important to him, it still made him glow with pride when Sandy praised his ideas. He could hear her cheerfully prancing behind him, but then she seemed to stop and that made him turn around to see what was going on. He followed her gaze back to the cages, where he could see a little hunched figure in one of them. Oh, well, too bad, he was already on the way to the Scrapyard. He exhaled sharply, turning back around and lifting a paw to continue on his damn merry way, but then he heard Sandy's trot retreating back towards the cages.

He made that same This Is Stupid And I Hate It Let's Go huff, glaring as he watched Sandy unlatch the cage, letting out the little animal. A cat? Apollo's already annoyed expression became one of fury for the littlest of moments, but then he regained his composure and put on an indifferent, stoic expression. Glory, this wasn't just a cat, it was only a kitten! He watched it with disdain, then turned to Sandy, squinting angrily. He hoped his glare conveyed that he very much didn't want or need another far-too-cheerful dancing and singing companion.

Despite this, he'd never tell anybody, because that would be incredibly rude. But then he watched the kitten reach for its tail and that was the last straw. He gestured to Sandy, wanting to take her aside to discuss this little furry... furball. I don't know, he's not good with insults, he's never needed any before now.

[ @Kacey! @Mizu ]

Old May 22nd, 2024, 07:52 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

It was then that Mocha spotted the another dog, obviously full grown, looking at her. She decided that now wasn't the best time to be happy, because this dog looked like it might bite her head off, literally. Mocha stopped dancing around and trotted over, as calm as you please, to the bigger, older dog. "Hi, I'm Mocha. Who are you?" the kitten asked. Her tail was still twitching, and she still wanted to play with it, but she didn't so much as reach for it this time.
@sock @Kacey!

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix

Last edited by Phoenix; May 22nd, 2024 at 07:52 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 07:38 PM
not online a lot, sorry

Bump Policy: anytime necessary

@sock
@Mizu

“That's an amazing name! Wow, you're tiny,” Sandy noted as the kitten exited the cage. She sniffed at it gingerly, not wanting to spook it. When the kitten toddled past her, Sandy turned and followed, seeing Apollo's expression.

Now, Sandy was not great at reading expressions, but Apollo was clearly conveying ... that he was upset they nearly left this kitten all alone back there! Or, maybe his face was saying that he was about to chase Mocha. Sandy wouldn't let that happen; this was her new friend!

As Mocha asked for Apollo's name, Sandy interrupted. “That's Apollo! He's my other friend! He also has this really great plan about what we're gonna do when we get over there,” the border collie added, motioning with her snout at the scrapyard in the distance. It was framed against the sky, and Sandy realized it would get dark soon. She wasn't very fond of being outside in the dark, much less in a place she barely knew. Feeling her tail droop a bit, she lifted it back up and wagged it. “I. Am. Starving! Let's go!” The collie pranced in a circle around the huge husky and tiny kitten, and then headed for the scrapyard.

Sandy wondered if there were more friends waiting for them over there.

Last edited by Kacey!; May 23rd, 2024 at 07:38 PM.
Old May 23rd, 2024, 08:00 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kacey! View Post
@sock
@Mizu

“That's an amazing name! Wow, you're tiny,” Sandy noted as the kitten exited the cage. She sniffed at it gingerly, not wanting to spook it. When the kitten toddled past her, Sandy turned and followed, seeing Apollo's expression.

Now, Sandy was not great at reading expressions, but Apollo was clearly conveying ... that he was upset they nearly left this kitten all alone back there! Or, maybe his face was saying that he was about to chase Mocha. Sandy wouldn't let that happen; this was her new friend!

As Mocha asked for Apollo's name, Sandy interrupted. “That's Apollo! He's my other friend! He also has this really great plan about what we're gonna do when we get over there,” the border collie added, motioning with her snout at the scrapyard in the distance. It was framed against the sky, and Sandy realized it would get dark soon. She wasn't very fond of being outside in the dark, much less in a place she barely knew. Feeling her tail droop a bit, she lifted it back up and wagged it. “I. Am. Starving! Let's go!” The collie pranced in a circle around the huge husky and tiny kitten, and then headed for the scrapyard.

Sandy wondered if there were more friends waiting for them over there.
Mocha followed. "So Sandy and Apollo, cute names! What's the plan, where are we gonna get food? I could maybe find a mouse or a bird if that helps." the tortie said thoughtfully.

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix
Old May 24th, 2024, 07:10 AM
don't eat me

Apollo was somewhat thankful Sandy had answered for him. He watched her cheerfully babble to the kitten, and didn't catch much of it except for the part about his plan, and he practically glowed when she mentioned it. But that moment passed quickly and the feeling was replaced by a slightly more negative one when Sandy pranced round him and then headed towards the horizon, where the Scrapyard was.

Apollo didn't know what he'd expected from the collie. He watched her trot right by him, preaching to the sky about her hunger when the kitten, Mocha, declared she could hunt. Apollo let out a short, breathy laugh of doubt, but didn't say anything. Instead, he rumbled, "When we arrive, I think you should get started on the shelter, and I can look for food. It'll be dark soon." No doubt Sandy had noticed, because she had a certain look on her face that suggested she was a little concerned about that bit. No trouble for him, of course, but he'd had a rough childhood that had gotten him used to sleeping under the stars. He had no idea how Sandy had lived, before the pound, but after a moment he decided she could handle it.

He didn't have any concern for that kitten, though.

[ @Kacey! @Mizu ]

Old May 24th, 2024, 07:18 PM
"BITE ME!" (Uzi quote)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock View Post
Apollo was somewhat thankful Sandy had answered for him. He watched her cheerfully babble to the kitten, and didn't catch much of it except for the part about his plan, and he practically glowed when she mentioned it. But that moment passed quickly and the feeling was replaced by a slightly more negative one when Sandy pranced round him and then headed towards the horizon, where the Scrapyard was.

Apollo didn't know what he'd expected from the collie. He watched her trot right by him, preaching to the sky about her hunger when the kitten, Mocha, declared she could hunt. Apollo let out a short, breathy laugh of doubt, but didn't say anything. Instead, he rumbled, "When we arrive, I think you should get started on the shelter, and I can look for food. It'll be dark soon." No doubt Sandy had noticed, because she had a certain look on her face that suggested she was a little concerned about that bit. No trouble for him, of course, but he'd had a rough childhood that had gotten him used to sleeping under the stars. He had no idea how Sandy had lived, before the pound, but after a moment he decided she could handle it.

He didn't have any concern for that kitten, though.

[ @Kacey! @Mizu ]
Mocha nodded. "Okay, I guess me and Sandy can look for shelter? What's safe and what isn't?" Mocha was used to running around wild and she DID know how to hunt a little, before she got capture one month ago. She suspected that Apollo doubted that she could hunt.
@Kacey!

Can't Catch Me Now

I'M EVIL
Claw
Sirius
Phoenix