Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
spooky scary stories send...
by wolfie
Last post by wolfie
Today 12:20 AM
OUT!
by BEAR.
Last post by passengerprincess
Yesterday 11:58 PM
Abandoned Twoleg Den (All...
Last post by taillow
Yesterday 11:36 PM
RiverClan Patrol Place...
by taillow
Last post by taillow
Yesterday 11:22 PM
ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Kaida
Yesterday 10:46 PM

Old March 1st, 2023, 01:47 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

Default Re: [RiverClan Group History, P] The Stories of Those That Came Before You

BLUEBELLPAW

Her blue gaze was puzzled as Sedgestorm began. At.. the end? She made a small noise of confusion to herself. Wouldnt it be most prudent to learn about Riverclan from the beginning in order to understand intentions and character? She wanted to protest and request Sedgestorm start at the beginning, but bit her tongue. Hm. Salamander? That was Shadowclan terminology, no? She eyed him nervously. Had Sedgestorm known Great Uncle Thrushpelt. Probably not, he'd left Shadowclan a long time ago.

Skystar was the last leader before Pikestar. Even though he hadn't lasted very long, he still lasted longer than her mother, she thought with a stab. Still, it was interesting that he had been a medicine cat beforehand. Did they not have anyone else qualified? What was Kestrelstar thinking?

Riverclan history was tainted with blood, Bluebellpaw knew that much. Sometimes, it overwhelmed her so much, that the clans were thrones built on bone and blood. She wanted to run, like one day, the throng of crimes would sweep her up and devour her. She didn't want to do bad things, for any reason. Her blue eyes widened in small amounts, her brain slowly processing information in chunks. Stars.

Firefly cove. The name was familiar, but she hadn't been alive then, so there were no strings attached to it. A battle... it was rude to take back land given away, especially as a gift. It would've been different if Skystar had offered a co-existence in that area, but he set himself up so that was that.

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "
Old March 2nd, 2023, 08:30 AM
& amp; amp; quot ; I never die....or maybe&amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;quo t;

My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: [RiverClan Group History, P] The Stories of Those That Came Before You

Shallowkit looked in awe at how much history there is.

(At school short response)

Last edited by Rapid; March 2nd, 2023 at 08:54 AM.
Old March 18th, 2023, 07:58 AM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

While it was interesting, yes, Elkkit realised one thing from this. Heronkit was more right than he'd like to admit. Loses and death everywhere, at every turn. And ThunderClan didn't sound much different. Compared to ShadowClan (and maybe WindClan), RiverClan was weak, so was ThunderClan. And this truth irked the young tom. That the clan's incompetence and foolish choices wasn't reserved to the past few moons, that it was just a temporary thing - but a constant. Elkkit hated this. He hated it so, so much. he remained cast aside from everyone else, huddled up on himself and looking like an unapproachable rat as always. But for once he truly felt like the dark aura that surrounded him.

°----°----°----°

Meanwhile, a lethargic deputy happened to pass by as Sedgestorm was speaking. He took notice of the mention of Skystar and stopped in his tracks, remaining just outside the den to listen to what cause this sudden mention of his friend. As it turned out, it appeared to be a history lesson. By now, you'd expect the tabby tom to move on. But somehow Gingerfrost found himself stuck in place, silently listening to what the warrior was saying about their past. It felt a little... Eh. But truth was that the old looking feline knew very little about what had happened while he was gone. He'd gotten different snippets here and there, but overall... Well, he didn't have much concrete information. Which now caused his secret participation in being an audience to this lesson. It sounded well spoken and organised, so he silently remained hidden behind the den wall in order to catch whatever information he was still missing about his clan's past while he had been gone. Hopefully no one saw him though... He looked like he was just lazing about as normal, right?

Old April 1st, 2023, 02:04 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

//Hey all, due to my own inability to post on time, I have received permission to cut this lesson short. This Lesson Will Still Count For Requirements, so you don't have to worry about finding a new one to replace this one. Thank you all for your patience, this will be my last post for this session in particular \\

Sedgestorm paused a moment, letting himself catch his thoughts before continuing forward, and watched, waiting for any comments or questions from his audience, but it seem there were none.
Huh, he wondered if this was because they had none or if a few of them might not be giving their full attention.
But, he wouldn't be calling names to draw their attention. He wondered if he should implement a quiz at the end of the session to see if they were paying attention, but he'd given himself time to think on it.

"Before I talk about Kestrelstar, I think it's important to put the events before he became leader onto perspective, as he made many controversial choices during his time as leader, especially concerning him attitude towards ThunderClan."
And now for the reason he chose to go in the order he chose, as he was sure some of them were curious why he didn't start from his first memories to the current time.
"The context goes beyond even my time as part of RiverClan, it was something that built up over time and reached a boiling point far later.
Many, many seasons ago, a fire had ravaged ThunderClan, causing them to evacuate not only their camp, but their territory entirely as the flames consumed almost everything. RiverClan had not only offered them shelter, but assisted in the evacuation efforts. I'm unsure if the Clan came the moment they saw the flames or if many had been left behind, but I know a number of our own had been injured during the rescue.

Sedgestorm barely managed to get his last few sentences out when a wave of nausea hit him and he had to keep himself from dry heaving or doubling over.
He looked up to his class as he felt himself heat up like he had a fever and his stomach churned, "I apologize for not being able to finish today's lessons. I don't feel well. Bluebellpaw and Larkpaw, please make sure the kittens get to the nursery safely...."
As a searing migraine made his nausea so much worse, he closed his eyes.
"You are all dismissed—"
He quickly stepped outside the den, now unable to stop the way he heaved uncomfortably.

[ @oci ; @sol. ; @Estelle ; @CreeperLover649 ; @nykyrian ; @Rapid ]

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; April 1st, 2023 at 02:05 PM. Reason: forgot the mentions
Old April 1st, 2023, 05:24 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Stinky weak warriors, Elkkit pouted. Just when it got interesting, too. Displeased the little kitten wasted no time running back to the nursery.

Meanwhile, Gingerfrost had been listening to the whole lesson, too. He could vaguely recall mentions of the fire - he'd been young himself then, too. How old exactly the tom couldn't recall. The moment he took notice of Sedgestorm's departure, the deputy stood up and gave a nod to the sick warriors, as though he'd only been passing by. Still, he lingered around the little area to ensure the kits got safely to the nursery.

Old April 3rd, 2023, 08:34 AM
& amp; amp; quot ; I never die....or maybe&amp ;amp ;amp ;amp ;quo t;

My Mood: Angelic

Shallowkit sat there. A grumpy look on her face as she wanted to finish the lesson.
Old June 16th, 2023, 02:05 AM

Sedgestorm leads the last kitten that asked for history lesson to the Kit Corrals.
He was planning to do something different this time around. He wanted more interaction from his audience, so rather than simply going through his usual dialog about the events under each leader, he'd let the kit lead with what they wanted to know.
Once they were in place, he cleared his throat.
"So, what part of RiverClan's history would you be interested to learn about?"

[ @Octavia! ]
Old June 16th, 2023, 02:07 AM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyssopelagic View Post
Sedgestorm leads the last kitten that asked for history lesson to the Kit Corrals.
He was planning to do something different this time around. He wanted more interaction from his audience, so rather than simply going through his usual dialog about the events under each leader, he'd let the kit lead with what they wanted to know.
Once they were in place, he cleared his throat.
"So, what part of RiverClan's history would you be interested to learn about?"

[ @Octavia! ]
Ivykit shrugged. "Well, to be honest, I don't know since, well, I just joined RiverClan, so I'd have no clue what happened here before," she admitted

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old June 25th, 2023, 12:06 AM

Sedgestorm gave the kit a grin.
"No problem, I can five you a brief overview and we can go from there, yeah?"
Normally, he was more detailed and precise, but given Ivykit wasn't Clanborn, he figured she'd appreciate something bite sized.
"During my time in RiverClan, we've seen quite a few leaders step up to the role and later resign. When I first came to live in the Clan, Lionstar had just stepped down, returning to his warrior name of Lionstorm, and Sootstar had been the leader at the time.
Sootstar would no remain leader for long before disappearing without a trace, alongside his deputy Stormcall, leaving RiverClan without a leading force.
After a few moons leaderless and Lionstorm and our Medicine Cat, Snakeheart, holding the Clan together, a warrior named Kestrelwing was chosen to become leader. Unlike Sootstar, Kestrelstar lead for many moons, and those were perhaps some of the bloodiest moons of our history. Kestrelstar only had 2 deputies, Splashleap serving as deputy for the vast majority of his rule, and Sparrowskip only spent perhaps 3 moons with him before Kestrelstar's disappearance.
Kestrelstar lead several battles and raids, breaking promises and alliances we once formed with the other Clans, most notably WindClan and ThunderClan.
Even once Kestrelstar had left and was succeeded by Skystar for a short time, things were still chaotic and tensions ran high. I do not believe he lead for too many moons, as eventually his deputy Snowleap took over, taking on the name Pikestar.
Pikestar's leadership were some of our more peaceful moons, until a tragic oversight caused him to doubt his ability as a leader and step down. Rather than Gingerfrost taking his place, he opted to remain deputy and allow another to step up.
Beansprout has only recently taken up the mantle of leader and has yet to receive his lives, but when he does, he will more than likely take up the traditional name of Beanstar."

He gave a small sigh.
"As for Medicine Cats, Snakeheart had just become the main healer of RiverClan by the time Kestrelstar took over, his mentor and the Medicine Cat before him having disappeared. He remained with the Clan for quite a long time, but somewhere during the transition between Skystar and Pikestar, the tom had gone missing, leaving us without a healer for some time, before StarClan named Fawnlight, then Fawnpaw, to be his successor.
Sadly, she had to step down from her duties due to an injury that prevented her from being able to do the finer, more precision based tasks, and thus our current Medicine Cat, Stonepaw, was named. She taught him for a time before her death. It is currently only Stonepaw that serves as out healer."

He let the vast quantities of information sink in before he went on.
"Is there anything I particular that you would like for me to expand on? Any leader you want to know more about?"

[ @Octavia! ; @Katiethewolfchild ]

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)

Last edited by Abyssopelagic; June 25th, 2023 at 04:36 AM.
Old June 25th, 2023, 12:21 AM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Ivykit shook her head. "No," she mewed, "There's nothing specific I'd like to know."
@Abyssopelagic

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw