Last post by Mica
Today 12:11 PM
RiverClan Mountain...
Last post by Fits
Today 12:03 PM

Old March 29th, 2020, 09:20 PM

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Flintspirit’s School For Untrained Apprentices

"Okay, Darkpaw, Birdpaw we could try circling Flintspirit and one of us attacks from the front and the other two will take that chance to jump on his back." Hazelpaw suggested.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 11:42 AM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

The Thunderclan deputy gave a nod of approval at Hazelpaw's suggestions. "Good Hazelpaw. It's smart to take leadership." It seemed the others were no longer watching, they had lost interest. Letting out a sigh, Flintspirit turned to look at Birdpaw. She looked a little overwhelmed. "But in a real battle, you've got to be ready for anything." Plumpaw and Hazelpaw had both been doing moderately well so far. So now, Flintspirit would pose a challenge to them. He would leave Birdpaw alone for now, the poor young she-cat probably wasn't ready to be flung into a mock battle. So, with little warning, Flintspirit flung himself towards Plumpaw and Hazelpaw, paws outstretched to land in between them, aiming to knock into both of them and hopefully skew their balance.

@implimm @Yelloweye

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.
Old April 2nd, 2020, 01:12 PM

Hazelpaw barely jumped out of the way before Flintspirit landed where they had been. Thinking as quickly as he could Hazelpaw jumped on the deputy's back.
"Plumpaw! Attack his hind legs get him off balance I'll keep him off you."

Redhead. implimm
Old April 2nd, 2020, 02:00 PM
i am kenough

After the first attempt was a miserable failure, the she-cat stands there, staring at the deputy as she caught her breath from her efforts. His advice to try working together felt like a personal jab at her decision to make the first move after noting her denmates' hesitation in doing anything. She looks away unhappily, regarding the others. One of them had spoken up finally, and the silver molly narrows her eyes. She didn't know how Flintspirit expected them to collaborate on an attack when they couldn't discuss anything without him overhearing, and Hazelpaw had just spilled out a decent plan right in front of him. But she supposed practice was practice, and... Snap, she hadn't been listening!

As the tom plows into her, she drops to her belly and rolls to the side, maneuvering to face the deputy. Her charcoal ears pinned to her head, Plumpaw bares her teeth. "That wasn't fair!" she gripes. But complaining wasn't going to get her a new rank. Without waiting for Hazelpaw or even sending him any form of signal, Plumpaw dives towards Flintspirit again, kicking off the ground just before she collides with the tom's flank.

If she were to be successful in this tiny instant, if Flintspirit was even just a moment too late in stopping her like she prayed he'd be, the apprentice would have aimed to latch onto the tom's back. Then, she'd be proceeding to try and stay on the larger tom's back without slipping or being thrown off, as her intent to attack him from where he couldn't reach her immediately was made clear.

But that was all hypothetical future thoughts, and Plumpaw needed to carry out the first step first.

@RedHead @Yelloweye

Last edited by plum; April 2nd, 2020 at 02:04 PM.
Old April 7th, 2020, 04:59 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

Flintspirit laughed a little as both apprentices skittered out of the way of his sudden attack, ears flicking wildly as he followed their movements with his eyes. Both rounded to his flanks, and though he hadn't caught any signals going between them, Flintspirit was convinced they'd somehow come up with a plan to take him down. He had his guard up, awaiting the attacks coming. But he was surprised as he saw that they both leaped for his back, and the tom quickly backed up, standing up quickly to assess any damage of a head-to-head collision the apprentices possibly had. "Heh, alright. Now, what would've been a better way to go about that attack?" Flintspirit meowed in question, relaxing his posture and sitting on the ground, showing that they were done with fighting, for now.

@implimm @Yelloweye

Character Site
--
Old April 7th, 2020, 05:47 PM

"Um I am going to be completely honest, I don't know but I'd say it was a good start considering we haven't had much training yet."
@RedHead @implimm

Last edited by Yelloweye; April 7th, 2020 at 05:48 PM.
Old April 9th, 2020, 12:22 PM
i am kenough

She was all a flurry of legs and tail when the deputy stepped just out of the way, letting her collide into the other apprentice. Ugh! After gathering herself up from the ground, she whirls on Flintspirit, her tail stuck right up and fur prickling out. A flare of indignation lights her expression. "Pretending not to know! Practicing is hard when you know we're coming and always have the response to us!" Plumpaw stomps a paw on the ground. "Maybe, whoever we're attacking doesn't know they're about to get jumped." It was clear that the young cat was frustrated, and Hazelpaw only irritated her further. Still, she bites her tongue before retorting to the other apprentice and only sulks.

@RedHead @Yelloweye
Old April 14th, 2020, 09:17 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

Flintspirit nodded at Hazelpaw's response. "Yes you both did pretty good considering your current training you've had. And I congratulate you for that." Though he turned his head in surprise at Plumpaw's outburst. He could understand the young cat's frustration, but he had also been showing them how a real life battle would go. And how he would react in a real life battle. Flicking his ears, Flintspirit gave the she-cat a look. "Maybe if you were battling a deaf cat, yes. You seem to have forgotten Plumpaw, many cats use their ears during battles to listen to the opponents moves." Probably might have not been the nicest way to respond, but Flintspirit wanted her to understand. "Now, I think we're done for today. You both did really well, I will say that. You just need more work on teamwork battling. And utilizing your surroundings better." With that last piece of advice, Flintspirit gave a nod to the two apprentices, then exited the area, leaving them to think about his words.

@Yelloweye @implimm

Character Site
--

Last edited by RedHead; April 14th, 2020 at 09:31 PM.
Old April 14th, 2020, 09:41 PM
i am kenough

"No, wait!" She watches the tom pad off, the burning feeling of bitter regret in her chest. Was it what she said that had Flintspirit closing their training so soon? The apprentice bites her cheek and looks at Hazelpaw quietly, thinking. After another heartbeat, she swallows and speaks. "Want to spar each other?" she asks him, her tone harsh yet hopeful, as though the sharp-tongued cat didn't know how to present her desire earnestly.

@Yelloweye