Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
Marching Forward and...
Last post by Fits
Today 02:22 AM
WindClan Galewood
by Ian
Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 02:07 AM
i'd die and come back just...
Last post by iliri
Today 02:05 AM
Blue's Shop! (Writing)
Last post by Bluest+r~
Sunset Grove
by Ian
Last post by Cinderspirit

Old August 31st, 2024, 09:49 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Proud
Default Re: summertime father/son bonding [P]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badwolf View Post

[Bouncepaw]
Apprentice|7 moons|Windclan

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

"If you're sure..." Unlike this father, Bouncepaw is not sure. Not sure at all. The explosions were so loud and firey that they made his fur stand up with every spark. Starclan knew why they were so loud and shocking.
Bouncepaw steps nearer, onto a stone, to see the fireworks better. It stings a little, not only his eyes, but his paws.

Bouncepaw frowns, glancing at his paw. He didn't notice previously, but now that he applied pressure on it, it hurt. There was a small bump on his pads, likely blisters from training.

Tags: @Luna16 /Rabbitfur

Rabbitfur glanced at his son when he saw him stepping forward, watching to make sure he didn't tumble off the waterfall. But then he noticed Bouncepaw check his paw. "You okay, son?" He asked, getting up and taking a step forward. He sniffed the paw and noticed the blister. "Here, bring it here." He meowed, stepping back and flicking his tail to point towards the river that fed into the waterfall. "Dip your paw in here, but be careful!" He added. He really didn't want any traumas tonight, Gorseflower would kill him. The Sky Flowers were still booming in the sky with their colors, but at least they weren't startling Bouncepaw anymore so he wasn't likely to flinch and fall in.
Old August 31st, 2024, 10:19 PM

Bump Policy: Every 24 hrs, unless my mood is set to Busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna16 View Post
Rabbitfur glanced at his son when he saw him stepping forward, watching to make sure he didn't tumble off the waterfall. But then he noticed Bouncepaw check his paw. "You okay, son?" He asked, getting up and taking a step forward. He sniffed the paw and noticed the blister. "Here, bring it here." He meowed, stepping back and flicking his tail to point towards the river that fed into the waterfall. "Dip your paw in here, but be careful!" He added. He really didn't want any traumas tonight, Gorseflower would kill him. The Sky Flowers were still booming in the sky with their colors, but at least they weren't startling Bouncepaw anymore so he wasn't likely to flinch and fall in.

[Bouncepaw]

Bouncepaw listens and dips a paw in the water with caution. It feels cool and good on his skin: his pads no longer itch. He dips his other front paw into the water as well, and sighs.

"It feels good." Bouncepaw meows, "I'm fine, this is probably just from practice." He's been doing that a lot. It couldn't be helped, and he was willing to endure hardship if it was all for the Clan. But his expression while saying this is a little dark, as if his training is not going very well.

Last edited by Badwolf; August 31st, 2024 at 10:20 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM

Quote:

[Bouncepaw]

Bouncepaw listens and dips a paw in the water with caution. It feels cool and good on his skin: his pads no longer itch. He dips his other front paw into the water as well, and sighs.

"It feels good." Bouncepaw meows, "I'm fine, this is probably just from practice." He's been doing that a lot. It couldn't be helped, and he was willing to endure hardship if it was all for the Clan. But his expression while saying this is a little dark, as if his training is not going very well.

Rabbitfur looked at his son with a proud gleam in his eyes. "Alright. Hopefully this helps but if it becomes a problem be sure to get it checked out." He meowed. Every now and then Rabbitfur had his "fatherly" moments. Particularly in these one-on-one type of moments. But he noticed the look in Bouncepaw's eyes. Rabbitfur looked around and leaned over a flower bush, chewing one off at the stem that didn't appear to be an herb. He set the flower on Bouncepaw's head, tucked behind his ear, in hopes of cheering him up. Even a little. "What's wrong, son?"
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM

Quote:

Rabbitfur looked at his son with a proud gleam in his eyes. "Alright. Hopefully this helps but if it becomes a problem be sure to get it checked out." He meowed. Every now and then Rabbitfur had his "fatherly" moments. Particularly in these one-on-one type of moments. But he noticed the look in Bouncepaw's eyes. Rabbitfur looked around and leaned over a flower bush, chewing one off at the stem that didn't appear to be an herb. He set the flower on Bouncepaw's head, tucked behind his ear, in hopes of cheering him up. Even a little. "What's wrong, son?"

[Bouncepaw]

"I don't know." Bouncepaw sighs, looking away. "Maybe I'm just worrying too much. I caught nothing on my first hunting lesson, nothing."

His nose turns redder with embarrassment as he recalls what happened back then, "I got stuck in a bush and Bluestrike had to help me out. And I wasn't good at battle, either. I kept tripping. I guess I just don't understand what I'm good at."

He had practiced as much as he could afterward. Later he even caught a mouse while rock painting with Daffodilpaw. His first catch. But it still didn't take away the fact that he had to work his paws off to barely catch a mouse, while other cats seemed to be able to do it effortlessly. Was this normal, or was this just him? Were other apprentices also struggling? He had no idea. This was probably nothing, but he couldn't refute that it bothered him.

He didn't say anything to Daffodilpaw because he didn't want to see her pity him or feel sorry for him; he knew she would be nice about it, but still, it was all too embarrassing to admit something like this to his sister. But his father was a different story. Bouncepaw felt okay telling him his worries.

(I rolled dice for Bouncepaw's training lessons and he kept getting 1s and 3s during both lessons as if he's cursed, lmao. Poor kitty.)

Last edited by Badwolf; Yesterday at 09:49 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Quote:

[Bouncepaw]

"I don't know." Bouncepaw sighs, looking away. "Maybe I'm just worrying too much. I caught nothing on my first hunting lesson, nothing."

His nose turns redder with embarrassment as he recalls what happened back then, "I got stuck in a bush and Bluestrike had to help me out. And I wasn't good at battle, either. I kept tripping. I guess I just don't understand what I'm good at."

He had practiced as much as he could afterward. Later he even caught a mouse while rock painting with Daffodilpaw. His first catch. But it still didn't take away the fact that he had to work his paws off to barely catch a mouse, while other cats seemed to be able to do it effortlessly. Was this normal, or was this just him? Were other apprentices also struggling? He had no idea. This was probably nothing, but he couldn't refute that it bothered him.

He didn't say anything to Daffodilpaw because he didn't want to see her pity him or feel sorry for him; he knew she would be nice about it, but still, it was all too embarrassing to admit something like this to his sister. But his father was a different story. Bouncepaw felt okay telling him his worries.

(I rolled dice for Bouncepaw's training lessons and he kept getting 1s and 3s during both lessons as if he's cursed, lmao. Poor kitty.)

Rabbitfur let out a low, rumbling purr, trying to comfort his son. "Don't rush yourself, Bouncepaw. There's plenty of time." He brushed his large fluffy tail down his son's back soothingly. "I sucked pretty bad when I first started out too. Heck, I still trip and run into stuff! It takes practice, and I have no doubt that you'll be an amazing hunter." He touched his nose to Bouncepaw's ear. "I'm sure Bluestrike has faith in you too."

[OOC: Awww poor thing! If you want fuel for his self-esteem problems you should check out Daffodilpaw's first hunting lesson. ]
Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM

Quote:

Rabbitfur let out a low, rumbling purr, trying to comfort his son. "Don't rush yourself, Bouncepaw. There's plenty of time." He brushed his large fluffy tail down his son's back soothingly. "I sucked pretty bad when I first started out too. Heck, I still trip and run into stuff! It takes practice, and I have no doubt that you'll be an amazing hunter." He touched his nose to Bouncepaw's ear. "I'm sure Bluestrike has faith in you too."

[OOC: Awww poor thing! If you want fuel for his self-esteem problems you should check out Daffodilpaw's first hunting lesson. ]

[Bouncepaw]

(Wasn't actually planning for him to have self esteem problems, but I just read Daffodilpaw's sessions, and if she tells him what it's like for her, he'll def have em, lmao.)

Was it really time that was the problem? Would his next hunting lessons be better, would he make more progress? Bouncepaw really hoped this was the case, and that this was completely normal.

"I'll ask Daffodilpaw and my mentor," Bouncepaw meows, he really hoped that his problem was normal for all apprentices and that he wasn't the only one like this. And since Bluestrike told him he'll give him another hunting lesson tomorrow, maybe he'll have more luck then!

(Note: I'm already roleplaying that one, and no, he still has rotten luck)

"Thanks."
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Quote:

[Bouncepaw]

(Wasn't actually planning for him to have self esteem problems, but I just read Daffodilpaw's sessions, and if she tells him what it's like for her, he'll def have em, lmao.)

Was it really time that was the problem? Would his next hunting lessons be better, would he make more progress? Bouncepaw really hoped this was the case, and that this was completely normal.

"I'll ask Daffodilpaw and my mentor," Bouncepaw meows, he really hoped that his problem was normal for all apprentices and that he wasn't the only one like this. And since Bluestrike told him he'll give him another hunting lesson tomorrow, maybe he'll have more luck then!

(Note: I'm already roleplaying that one, and no, he still has rotten luck)

"Thanks."

Rabbitfur gave his son's ear a swift lick. "Everycat struggles. Be patient with yourself." He purred. "Talking to your sister and Bluestrike are good places to start. You should always tell your mentor how you feel." He meowed. Hey, he sounded pretty wise right now! Rabbitfur loved this part of being a father the most, being able to comfort his kits and motivate them forward.

[OOC: LOL. Poor little dude.]