Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
RiverClan Medicine Cat applications are open until September 9th, 11:59 PM EST!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
WindClan Nursery
by Ian
Last post by snowflake.
Today 05:14 PM
Mintkit relations finder!
Last post by Splitmoon
Today 05:13 PM
[ATARI] Flying Cards ~...
Last post by snowflake.
Today 05:09 PM
'"Berry" Overwhelmed' -...
Last post by TanghuluCat
Today 05:08 PM

Old July 30th, 2024, 11:51 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Passing Ships in the Night [SHC+WC Patrol]

She/Her | Purrks Overlook

Darkfall as you know him is dead. I made sure of it.

Lostspark hadn’t meant to overhear. No, she’d just been on her way, doing her own thing. Those words, however, caught her attention as she glided by, checking each of the dens to make certain no one had masked their scent trail and was hiding around. Her paw steps faltered for a moment, brow furrowing with confusion, whiskers twitching. It was none of her business, though. He’d not opened up to her for a reason — a valid reason. She didn’t deserve to question his choices.

For a few heartbeats, she was pushed back in time to when she had said similar words to Darkfall. That she was no longer Larkfire. That Larkfire was dead. It was true, but Lostspark wished it was not. Now she carried Lost in her name to remember all the dead and missing who had fallen while she lived. They all deserved to live nine lives, and she, none.

Glancing over her shoulder, the heavily scarred grey Enforcer glanced at Gracklepaw, who’d been assigned to her. “This way.” She murmured, just loud enough for the darker furred feline to hear. “I smell goldenrod up ahead. We’ll grab that and come back if there’s nothing else.” And that was what she did, after pushing aside the uneasiness that came with hearing Darkfall so blatantly claim to be dead.

The former herbalist had been about to pick as many of the Goldenrod clump she was able to when her eye caught on a different-smelling plant. She couldn’t quite tell what it was… but it piqued her that it stood out from the rest of the tall grass. So she picked two of those and three of the goldenrod, waited patiently for Gracklepaw to finish collecting his load, and then trekked back to Fish Camp.

[ +3 Goldenrod, +2 Watermint | @Mica - Mistlewhisker / @Marigoldwhisper - Mudslide / @Blaaze - Flashpaw / @chickadee - Gracklepaw / @Dark - Darkfall ]

I know life and fate are scary, but I wanna be legendary.

Last edited by Rose; August 2nd, 2024 at 08:52 PM. Reason: wrong banner
Old August 2nd, 2024, 12:01 AM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 42 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye]
Purrks: Beefed Up T3, Shadow Fiend, Mind Reader
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Chariot ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
[Flashpaw - @Blaaze ] [Mudslide - @Marigoldwhisper ] [Lostspark - @Rose ] [The Spectre - @Dark ]
· · ────────────── · ·
"Things change, Mistlewhisker." As if she didn't know it. In the span of five moons, she had become deputy, lost the respect of her best friend, watched her other friend descend into darkness, lost more cats than she could count, and moved from the only camp she's ever known.

It was like listening to an apprentice who wished to change their name to "Murderpaw". Annoyance brewed in Mistlewhisker's chest, making the deputy rasp her tongue roughly over her shoulder to prevent her from scoffing. “Is that what this is?” While she appreciated his honesty, she had no sympathy just from listening to him.

Mistlewhisker's face remained impassive, but internally she bristled as The Specter stared smugly at her while defaming someone she cared about.. "Darkfall was my friend. It would behoove you not to speak of him in such a manner." She meowed icily. Hearing anyone, even if it was someone who wore Darkfall's face, talk about him like that... it made her usually stoic facade rumble. "And if I recall correctly, Darkfall maintained his status as an Enforcer and Head Guard. Whatever wears the fur of him now has gotten himself demoted." She didn't know why she was so frustrated at the idea of Darkfall falling into an edgy self-loathing hole. Stars, it was Lostspark all over again. What was with this damn family??

As Darkfall, or whatever he called himself now, continued to talk, Mistlewhisker found herself growing more and more irritated. It seemed as though she and Darkfall had taken Dawnstar's words very differently. "'You either deal with the pain and learn from it, grow stronger, or you let it consume you and define you'? Darkfall, are you hearing yourself?" Frustration boiled over in a slight snarl. "This is exactly what letting pain consume you looks like."

Mistlewhisker stared at her friend for a moment longer, before closing her eye for a moment and exhaling sharply. This was useless. "Darkfall was never disappointing to me. This?" She fixed the dark tabby in front of her with an intense single-eyed gaze. Her meaning was clear. "We have to keep moving. Thank you for informing me of your situation.” her words were only slightly more curt than normal, but it felt like a slicing blow. She paused. “Think about what I said." With that, she stalked past him and into the watery sunlight.

Sure, she could have handled that better, but when had Mistlewhisker ever been good at pep talks? She was sick and tired of cats she cared about getting all moody and angsty when the world threw obstacles at them. The deputy's ears pinned back as she leapt down from the leader's den. She didn't know what it was like to lose a mate, she didn't know what it was like for her children to hate her. Could she really blame The Spectre for taking over to protect Darkfall from more hurt? Mistlewhisker shook her head as if to clear cobwebs from her mind. If one couldn't handle their pain in a way that did not impact their usefulness and dignity, then they were a problem. Something that could rot within the clan until sickness took over and everything fell apart. Darkfall, The Spectre, whoever. They would have to get it together, or Mistlewhisker would have to make a difficult decision.

When she strode into the clearing, Mistlewhisker could see that everyone had gathered, ready to move on. Well, all except one. "Lostspark." Mistlewhisker called. "Where is Gracklepaw?" Mistlewhisker huffed at the Enforcer's answer. "If he wants to run off, fine. I laid out expectations and he did not follow." The deputy really didn't want to leave him behind, but perhaps he would show up at one of the other places. "He knows the way home."

[Gracklepaw's roleplayer is on indefinite hiatus. Please do not ping them any further!]

Moving further into the territory, the scent of the river grew stronger and stronger. Unlike in ShadowClan, the ground didn't become marshier as they approached the water source. Mistlewhisker was actually a little preturbed at how dry the ground was. Turning to face her patrolmates, the composed molly spoke. "Same rules as before. Stick close, call out if you see anything of interest. Do not fall in the river, because I will not be rescuing you." Mistlewhisker scanned her remaining patrol mates. "Flashpaw. With me."

Leaping onto the bank, Mistlewhisker peered over into the water. It was much louder than the waters in ShadowClan, and clearer. There wasn't that much flora either. She supposed the water moved too fast for anything to grow in its bed. Mistlewhisker glanced at Flashpaw. "Do you know how to fish?" She asked.

[All I'm saying is if someone did happen to fall in the river it would be very funny (and yes Mistle would rescue)]

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)
---
Mistlewhisker sig art by @/redshiftreign
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!

Last edited by Mica; August 2nd, 2024 at 01:46 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2024, 05:46 PM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mica View Post

Mistlewhisker
ShadowClan Deputy
she/her | 42 moons
[Large black cat with a half white muzzle and a pale green eye]
Purrks: Beefed Up T3, Shadow Fiend, Mind Reader
⋆˖⁺‧₊☽ The Chariot ☾₊‧⁺˖⋆
· · ────────────── · ·
[Flashpaw - @Blaaze ] [Mudslide - @Marigoldwhisper ] [Lostspark - @Rose ] [The Spectre - @Dark ]
· · ────────────── · ·
"Things change, Mistlewhisker." As if she didn't know it. In the span of five moons, she had become deputy, lost the respect of her best friend, watched her other friend descend into darkness, lost more cats than she could count, and moved from the only camp she's ever known.

It was like listening to an apprentice who wished to change their name to "Murderpaw". Annoyance brewed in Mistlewhisker's chest, making the deputy rasp her tongue roughly over her shoulder to prevent her from scoffing. “Is that what this is?” While she appreciated his honesty, she had no sympathy just from listening to him.

Mistlewhisker's face remained impassive, but internally she bristled as The Specter stared smugly at her while defaming someone she cared about.. "Darkfall was my friend. It would behoove you not to speak of him in such a manner." She meowed icily. Hearing anyone, even if it was someone who wore Darkfall's face, talk about him like that... it made her usually stoic facade rumble. "And if I recall correctly, Darkfall maintained his status as an Enforcer and Head Guard. Whatever wears the fur of him now has gotten himself demoted." She didn't know why she was so frustrated at the idea of Darkfall falling into an edgy self-loathing hole. Stars, it was Lostspark all over again. What was with this damn family??

As Darkfall, or whatever he called himself now, continued to talk, Mistlewhisker found herself growing more and more irritated. It seemed as though she and Darkfall had taken Dawnstar's words very differently. "'You either deal with the pain and learn from it, grow stronger, or you let it consume you and define you'? Darkfall, are you hearing yourself?" Frustration boiled over in a slight snarl. "This is exactly what letting pain consume you looks like."

Mistlewhisker stared at her friend for a moment longer, before closing her eye for a moment and exhaling sharply. This was useless. "Darkfall was never disappointing to me. This?" She fixed the dark tabby in front of her with an intense single-eyed gaze. Her meaning was clear. "We have to keep moving. Thank you for informing me of your situation.” her words were only slightly more curt than normal, but it felt like a slicing blow. She paused. “Think about what I said." With that, she stalked past him and into the watery sunlight.

Sure, she could have handled that better, but when had Mistlewhisker ever been good at pep talks? She was sick and tired of cats she cared about getting all moody and angsty when the world threw obstacles at them. The deputy's ears pinned back as she leapt down from the leader's den. She didn't know what it was like to lose a mate, she didn't know what it was like for her children to hate her. Could she really blame The Spectre for taking over to protect Darkfall from more hurt? Mistlewhisker shook her head as if to clear cobwebs from her mind. If one couldn't handle their pain in a way that did not impact their usefulness and dignity, then they were a problem. Something that could rot within the clan until sickness took over and everything fell apart. Darkfall, The Spectre, whoever. They would have to get it together, or Mistlewhisker would have to make a difficult decision.

When she strode into the clearing, Mistlewhisker could see that everyone had gathered, ready to move on. Well, all except one. "Lostspark." Mistlewhisker called. "Where is Gracklepaw?" Mistlewhisker huffed at the Enforcer's answer. "If he wants to run off, fine. I laid out expectations and he did not follow." The deputy really didn't want to leave him behind, but perhaps he would show up at one of the other places. "He knows the way home."

[Gracklepaw's roleplayer is on indefinite hiatus. Please do not ping them any further!]

Moving further into the territory, the scent of the river grew stronger and stronger. Unlike in ShadowClan, the ground didn't become marshier as they approached the water source. Mistlewhisker was actually a little preturbed at how dry the ground was. Turning to face her patrolmates, the composed molly spoke. "Same rules as before. Stick close, call out if you see anything of interest. Do not fall in the river, because I will not be rescuing you." Mistlewhisker scanned her remaining patrol mates. "Flashpaw. With me."

Leaping onto the bank, Mistlewhisker peered over into the water. It was much louder than the waters in ShadowClan, and clearer. There wasn't that much flora either. She supposed the water moved too fast for anything to grow in its bed. Mistlewhisker glanced at Flashpaw. "Do you know how to fish?" She asked.

[All I'm saying is if someone did happen to fall in the river it would be very funny (and yes Mistle would rescue)]

Mudslide
She, Her\Warrior\15 moons\Shadowclan
"I miss the yellow. I miss the yellin' and the shake downs."

Lybirds Lullaby [ACTIVE] Mind Reader [ACTIVE]

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·
Mudslide still wasn't sure what was so awesome about the river if all it offered was water and squirming fish their claws couldn't catch, not unless she just taught herself on the fly. Mudslide didn't know any herbs, other than moss, and since there had to be at least a few rocks nearby, she opted for that. Maybe she'd try fishing later, but such chances were quite unlikely. The tall warrior had heard the buzzing conversation and found it greatly annoying. She didn't wish to have any information about whatever may be going on in the personal lives of her clanmates, especially the deputy of all cats. She'd rather view all the high ranks as blank slates for whatever voodoo Starclan decided to inflict on them or the clan. In the spotlight. Always judged, always watched. The worst thing, the absolute worst.

Mudslide slunk as far away from the patrol of cats as she could manage, keeping her eyes straight ahead of her as she kneeled down at a mossy rock. Bingo. Her long tail twitched behind her as she weighed her options for retrieving the herb.

ROLLING FOR HARVESTABILITY...
MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20
(harvest complete!)

ROLLING FOR CONDITIONS...
MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 5
(completely intact!)

[+1 moss]

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 20
(harvest complete!)

ROLLING FOR CONDITIONS...
MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 7
(completely intact!)

[+1 moss]

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 1
(harvest failed!)

The green foliage suddenly ripped beneath her teeth, sticking onto her fangs like a clump of cobwebs. Interesting? Not really? I mean, usually moss was less... Stringy. It could've been the water from the river, but the rocks were a good few pawsteps away. And plus, Mudslide was positive the rocks at the bottom of the river had some moss on them as well. Or perhaps some blood had dried onto it, making certain areas harden and snap easier. Mudslide turned her oriental ears to the rising sun, her pelt blazing under its eternal gaze. She sighed reluctantly then gathered all her moss in her jaws before padding to the river.

She placed the herbs in a hole she hastily dug into the earth. Or, that's how it was supposed to work. The predictable pattern of earth keeping its shape was no longer in play with sand underneath her paws. As soon as she dug the hole, the cavity closed right back up. Mudslide merely blinked at her now gone hole as the sand rushed to refill it.

Huh. Well, no hole then. So, the warrior instead gently placed the herb on a low patch of grass near some duckweed and hoped the wind wouldn't pick it up. She wouldn't even be upset it that happened, just amused and oddly annoyed at the ways the universe expressed their hatred for her. It was almost funny. Haha. Ha. Ha... Ahem, back to fish.

While Mudslide was aware that the deputy had specifically asked Flashpaw if she knew how to fish, she wasn't about to draw much attention to herself anyways. She'd just give it a try, see how much she either loved of hated it, entertain the possibility of actually being dragged to Riverclan with her sister and experiencing this stuff alongside her. She then dropped into a low crouch and kept her belly to the constantly shifting sand. She had to readjust her footing ten times just to keep herself from falling in. She carefully edged her paw to the surface of the water and stared. Fish. Fish that zipped in and out of her line of sight like they were playing a game of hide and seek. But one was still enough... Perhaps still enough for her to catch...

MUDSLIDE ROLLED A 1
(harvest failed!)

As soon as Mudslide unsheathed her claws and swiped at the awfully slimy creature (how in the world could Riverclan possibly eat these things?) the large fish scattered away from her, leaving Mudslide with nothing but a flurry of splashes and a few startled fish. The sudden movement had truly startled Mudslide, so her tail bushed up momentarily before it slicked back, her face still surprisingly neutral.

She'd have to give it to those Riverclanners, they sure had some skill for even catching these things. But not enough skill to not be affectively chased off from their own territory and to who knows where.

Tags:
@Blaaze // Flashpaw
@Rose // Lostspark
@Dark // Darkfall

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!