Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy:
Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw

Recent Threads
RiverClan Open Forum [All...
Last post by Goopysharkboi
Today 11:23 AM
shc scavenger hunt - open...
by alec
Last post by fawn_
Today 11:22 AM
Foggymask Personality...
by forest
Last post by forest
Today 11:22 AM
Time for a hike! {event}
by Spider.
Last post by ollie
Today 11:19 AM
please don't prove i'm...
by silver.
Last post by silver.
Today 11:19 AM

Old August 23rd, 2022, 01:13 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Bump Policy: Once a week!
My Mood: Cheerful

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherry~ View Post

Slatestripe’s ear twitched at her stammered question. He was feeling fairly full from the fish, but he also didn’t want to waste prey. He figured the nursery or elders wouldn’t appreciate him having this cat drag a half-eaten duck to them, either. He nodded curtly to her.

When she mentioned she didn’t often share prey with others, this piqued his interest. Apprentices usually ate together a lot, wanting to exchange training tips and stories. “Do you not get along with your denmates?” he questioned. He hoped she wasn’t getting bullied by them; if so, he’d have to speak with Pikestar.
At Slatestripe's nod, Littlepaw smiled and began eating the duck. It wasn't fish, but it was still prey that she could eat.

"I- I do, but only... only one of them is my friend. After Splashpaw died... and after I was apprenticed to Vinewatcher, a lot of things changed." Littlepaw sighed, remembering the many times she and her sister played together in the nursery. She was never really nervous then, but shortly after they were apprenticed, Splashpaw disappeared and never came back. Since then, she had assumed Splashpaw was in StarClan. "I'm distant with my parents, Willowfeather and Splashstripe. I haven't talked to them in a while. The only apprentice I talk to is Nightpaw."

She continued, letting all of her thoughts and worries out into the open for the first time in moons, "Vinewatcher wasn't very nice, and she quit training me... so I was reassigned to Gingerfrost. Not long after Vinewatcher stopped training me, she became a queen and had kits. But after the Gathering... I was so nervous. I thought I'd get e-exiled or something because I had been the one to accidentally spill the Clan's secret. I didn't know what the Clan would think of me... a-and it only... it only caused more anxiety..."

"After... a-after I spilled that secret... I-I didn't know what my denmates thought of me. I didn't know... I didn't know if they hated me for it, d-didn't care if I spilled the- the secret or not, or thought it was good I let the Clans know about T-thunderClan's apprentice."

By the time Littlepaw had finished what she had to say, she had tears hitting the ground below her and she was quivering. She had kept all that stress in her body for more than four moons, some of the information for one and a half moons.

Crow (Purrks: Heightened Perception, Agatha Kitty, Hulk SMASH, Dreamwalker)
Ravenhawk
Old August 23rd, 2022, 01:38 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: two days for time-sensitive, five days all other including VMs/DMs
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritedWarrior View Post
At Slatestripe's nod, Littlepaw smiled and began eating the duck. It wasn't fish, but it was still prey that she could eat.

"I- I do, but only... only one of them is my friend. After Splashpaw died... and after I was apprenticed to Vinewatcher, a lot of things changed." Littlepaw sighed, remembering the many times she and her sister played together in the nursery. She was never really nervous then, but shortly after they were apprenticed, Splashpaw disappeared and never came back. Since then, she had assumed Splashpaw was in StarClan. "I'm distant with my parents, Willowfeather and Splashstripe. I haven't talked to them in a while. The only apprentice I talk to is Nightpaw."

She continued, letting all of her thoughts and worries out into the open for the first time in moons, "Vinewatcher wasn't very nice, and she quit training me... so I was reassigned to Gingerfrost. Not long after Vinewatcher stopped training me, she became a queen and had kits. But after the Gathering... I was so nervous. I thought I'd get e-exiled or something because I had been the one to accidentally spill the Clan's secret. I didn't know what the Clan would think of me... a-and it only... it only caused more anxiety..."

"After... a-after I spilled that secret... I-I didn't know what my denmates thought of me. I didn't know... I didn't know if they hated me for it, d-didn't care if I spilled the- the secret or not, or thought it was good I let the Clans know about T-thunderClan's apprentice."

By the time Littlepaw had finished what she had to say, she had tears hitting the ground below her and she was quivering. She had kept all that stress in her body for more than four moons, some of the information for one and a half moons.

Slatestripe had to admit, he wasn’t expecting to hear all of this young cat’s problems. After all, this was their first interaction. Sure, maybe they’d nodded at each other once or twice, but that was about the extent of it. Nonetheless, he could see how stressed she was over her issues. So, he listened carefully.

“You’ve gone through a lot for a cat your age,” he murmured after she finished. “Losing a littermate at any age is a difficult experience, much less when you’re so young. As for spilling RiverClan’s secret at the Gathering, it was a wrong decision. That sort of thing should be left to the Clan leader to decide. But every cat makes mistakes.” He paused, reflecting briefly on his own experiences as an apprentice and young warrior.

“You can’t change the past,” he continued. “You can only act in the present and influence the future. What’s done is done. Your focus now should be on finishing your training so you can become a warrior. Focus on doing right by your Clan, and over time you’ll find that cats will move on from your mistake.”
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 01:56 PM
~Gay Idiot~

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie View Post
Fawnpaw
Stars. Her heart broke hearing how hoarse Silverpaw's voice was. She simply allowed a purr to rumble through her body, hoping that accompanied by the gentle touch of her loved ones around her it would offer some sort of solace. Another life taken too soon, and by the river no less. It was a cruel irony, that the flowing water that gave life to her beloved home was also violent enough to take it away.

Hearing a voice near her Fawnpaw opened her blue eyes to see Reedwhisker. Whatever nervousness has grown up in her chest towards the warrior during Skystar's burial was gone now, and she nodded as if to say, 'of course'.

More cats were gathering around now. Would Pikestar be joining them shortly? She didn't want him to have to bury another Clanmate so soon after his son. Two kits, Ferretkit and Rowankit came out and Fawnpaw looked around as she stood up to see if there were any queens or warriors available to usher them back into the nursery. Surely, they did not need to see this.

Nothing could be said though before Fawnpaw scented the arrival of another Clanmate, and her blue gaze landed on Flickerpaw. Her question made her wince, but the young medicine cat quickly covered it up. With neither Slatewhisker nor Pikestar nearby, maybe it was up to her to handle this one. She would handle a thousand Clan deaths if it meant protecting her big brother from this kind of heartbreak (even though she knew later she would need to tell him...)

Birdpaw's voice floated to her ears next, and it was as comforting as Fawnpaw had expected. The medicine cat caught her former denmates eye and offered her soft smile before looking around. "Silverpaw, Reedwhisker, Shimmerstream... if you are ready we can take her to the Sleepy Thicket and lay her to rest with our ancestors." Swallowed was the grief and anguish, replaced by a calm and collected (as it could be) expression of empathy. "She deserves to be sent to StarClan with you three by her side." Glancing towards both Flickerpaw and Birdpaw, she added, "perhaps you two could grab some... flowers for the way?" They would be a nice addition to the grave, and if what Fawnpaw believed was true, then Lilyheart would wake up with the vibrant, colorful bundle in StarClan.

While she awaited the grieving family's reaction (hopefully she hadn't been pushy. Had she?) Fawnpaw turned and smiled towards Ferretkit. "How about you go keep Rowankit company, hmm? Or, if you could do me the biggest favor of them all before you go; I have a yellow flower in my den, next to my nest. Can you bring it to me?" Gaze soft and voice gentle, she let another smile blossom across her face before standing back up to her full height. She'd bring with her the yellow flower to deposit into Lilyheart's grave.

Stars, her heart was aching.

[ @cloudivity @SpiritedWarrior @Gay'Fluff @Orion @jupiter - I apologize if I missed anyone! I figured after this we could move to the Sleepy Thicket to start the burial party ]
Ferretkit's eyes widened, he would get to go in the medicine cat den? Nodding, he ran off to the den, tail fluffed up in pride as he ran. After entering the den he looked around, exciment making his fur fluff out as he scented all the herb smells. This place smelt /amazing/. Shaking his head he told him self to focus, running over to Fawnpaw's nest. It took him a moment to find the flower. When he did, he grabbed the stem delicatly in his jaws, trotting back to Fawnpaw with it.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 02:39 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Slatestripe had to admit, he wasn’t expecting to hear all of this young cat’s problems. After all, this was their first interaction. Sure, maybe they’d nodded at each other once or twice, but that was about the extent of it. Nonetheless, he could see how stressed she was over her issues. So, he listened carefully.

“You’ve gone through a lot for a cat your age,” he murmured after she finished. “Losing a littermate at any age is a difficult experience, much less when you’re so young. As for spilling RiverClan’s secret at the Gathering, it was a wrong decision. That sort of thing should be left to the Clan leader to decide. But every cat makes mistakes.” He paused, reflecting briefly on his own experiences as an apprentice and young warrior.

“You can’t change the past,” he continued. “You can only act in the present and influence the future. What’s done is done. Your focus now should be on finishing your training so you can become a warrior. Focus on doing right by your Clan, and over time you’ll find that cats will move on from your mistake.”
Littlepaw sniffled, trying her best to keep the tears to a minimum. It would be embarrassing if she cried in front of a cat she just met. She never interacted with her Clanmates much, so her spilling her stress on a Clanmate was rare, especially if it wasn't Nightpaw. Over the moons, Littlepaw had become a little ball of stress. Releasing it all actually made her feel much better.

"S-sorry for telling you about all this..." she whispered. "I couldn't help but get it out." 'Every cat makes mistakes' The words the tom spoke rang in her head. Of course, no cat was perfect. It was downright impossible. "T-thank you for listening... I'll try my best to follow your advice."

Littlepaw took another bite of the duck, and her worries dissipated. She counted herself lucky to have been born in RiverClan alongside supportive figures such as Snowstar, Nightpaw, Slatestripe, and Gingerfrost. Of course, her parents were supportive too, but she hasn't talked to them in a long time, so could they really count as supportive? Nightclaw, her uncle, sure wasn't. She made sure to steer clear of her father's brother.

Ravenhawk
Old August 23rd, 2022, 02:54 PM
time to wake up

Quote:
Littlepaw sniffled, trying her best to keep the tears to a minimum. It would be embarrassing if she cried in front of a cat she just met. She never interacted with her Clanmates much, so her spilling her stress on a Clanmate was rare, especially if it wasn't Nightpaw. Over the moons, Littlepaw had become a little ball of stress. Releasing it all actually made her feel much better.

"S-sorry for telling you about all this..." she whispered. "I couldn't help but get it out." 'Every cat makes mistakes' The words the tom spoke rang in her head. Of course, no cat was perfect. It was downright impossible. "T-thank you for listening... I'll try my best to follow your advice."

Littlepaw took another bite of the duck, and her worries dissipated. She counted herself lucky to have been born in RiverClan alongside supportive figures such as Snowstar, Nightpaw, Slatestripe, and Gingerfrost. Of course, her parents were supportive too, but she hasn't talked to them in a long time, so could they really count as supportive? Nightclaw, her uncle, sure wasn't. She made sure to steer clear of her father's brother.

Slatestripe dipped his head. “My name’s Slatestripe, by the way.” He looked back up at her. Hoping that a story from his own youth would help her, he began to speak again.

“When I was a new apprentice, a kit went missing from our camp. I got the idea to bring a fish out of camp and walk around with it, in the hopes that its strong odor would be caught by the kit’s nose. If the kit smelled it, I figured it would recognize it as a scent from home and be drawn to it.

“Well, I didn’t know the territory too well at that point. So, I got lost. RiverClan found the kit long before they found me. I was missing for an entire day. When I got back to camp, the Clan was quite furious at me. They’d wasted time and resources searching for me, and I caused another headache at a time when they really didn’t need one.” He chuckled. “I got confined to camp for half a moon as punishment. I remember, one of the elders told me that it was a good idea, but that I should’ve gone to my mentor with it.”

While his experience wasn’t as impactful as her blurting out a Clan secret at a Gathering, his point in telling it was to show that most apprentices made big mistakes during their training.
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old August 23rd, 2022, 03:11 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Slatestripe dipped his head. “My name’s Slatestripe, by the way.” He looked back up at her. Hoping that a story from his own youth would help her, he began to speak again.

“When I was a new apprentice, a kit went missing from our camp. I got the idea to bring a fish out of camp and walk around with it, in the hopes that its strong odor would be caught by the kit’s nose. If the kit smelled it, I figured it would recognize it as a scent from home and be drawn to it.

“Well, I didn’t know the territory too well at that point. So, I got lost. RiverClan found the kit long before they found me. I was missing for an entire day. When I got back to camp, the Clan was quite furious at me. They’d wasted time and resources searching for me, and I caused another headache at a time when they really didn’t need one.” He chuckled. “I got confined to camp for half a moon as punishment. I remember, one of the elders told me that it was a good idea, but that I should’ve gone to my mentor with it.”

While his experience wasn’t as impactful as her blurting out a Clan secret at a Gathering, his point in telling it was to show that most apprentices made big mistakes during their training.
Littlepaw looked at Slatestripe as the warrior announced his name. His name did match him, his gray stripes and dark fur looked exactly like slate. With a quiet sigh, Littlepaw began to wonder what Snowstar would name her. Littlepelt? Littletail? Littlefur? Those names seemed to be generic, but it wouldn't be surprising considering Littlepaw's small size compared to her denmates.

"Nice to meet you, Slatestripe!" the she-cat purred joyfully and dipped her head to the fellow Clanmate. "I'm Littlepaw! I guess you could tell... I'm small for my size. All my denmates, even my friend, are bigger than me!"

When the tom had begun to speak again, he was telling Littlepaw a story about his youth. One that Littlepaw never thought would come out of his mouth. He had been mischievous as an apprentice! She wasn't the only one who had good intentions and got in trouble! Littlepaw's eyes lit up as Slatestripe continued on with his story. He sounded like a handful of an apprentice.

"Who was the kit?" she chuckled, perhaps the kit was a warrior or even one of her denmates that she didn't know. "You had good intentions, who confined you to the camp? Who was your mentor? Who was the leader at the time of your punishment?"

The apprentice felt like a kit again with all the questions she just spewed out of her mouth. But she got the feeling Slatestripe wouldn't mind. He was nice enough, and he was sharing his own experiences from when he was Slatepaw!

Ravenhawk
Old August 23rd, 2022, 03:22 PM
time to wake up

Quote:
Littlepaw looked at Slatestripe as the warrior announced his name. His name did match him, his gray stripes and dark fur looked exactly like slate. With a quiet sigh, Littlepaw began to wonder what Snowstar would name her. Littlepelt? Littletail? Littlefur? Those names seemed to be generic, but it wouldn't be surprising considering Littlepaw's small size compared to her denmates.

"Nice to meet you, Slatestripe!" the she-cat purred joyfully and dipped her head to the fellow Clanmate. "I'm Littlepaw! I guess you could tell... I'm small for my size. All my denmates, even my friend, are bigger than me!"

When the tom had begun to speak again, he was telling Littlepaw a story about his youth. One that Littlepaw never thought would come out of his mouth. He had been mischievous as an apprentice! She wasn't the only one who had good intentions and got in trouble! Littlepaw's eyes lit up as Slatestripe continued on with his story. He sounded like a handful of an apprentice.

"Who was the kit?" she chuckled, perhaps the kit was a warrior or even one of her denmates that she didn't know. "You had good intentions, who confined you to the camp? Who was your mentor? Who was the leader at the time of your punishment?"

The apprentice felt like a kit again with all the questions she just spewed out of her mouth. But she got the feeling Slatestripe wouldn't mind. He was nice enough, and he was sharing his own experiences from when he was Slatepaw!

Slatestripe felt somewhat amused at Littlepaw’s barrage of questions. He was glad the young cat seemed to be perking up. She had seemed so down and nervous when she first approached.

“I don’t remember the kit’s name at this point,” he confessed. “Kestrelstar was the leader at the time, if I remember correctly. RiverClan has gone through so many leaders at this point in my life. My mentor was the one who confined me to camp. I suppose I deserved it for causing so much trouble, but at the time I was annoyed by it. At least my warrior ceremony didn’t get delayed by it. I did have to work extra hard to make up for lost time, though.”

After he finished answering the young cat’s questions, he studied her features so he’d be more likely to remember her. She was quite small, which was probably why he’d been able to single her out as an apprentice without knowing her name. Her tabby cream fur wasn’t too uncommon for a RiverClan cat. Lighter pelts worked better against fish in the water. They blended in with the sunlight, making it harder for them to be distinguished. Her green eyes seemed quite sharp.

Finished with his portion of the duck, he began washing himself. “So you don’t get along with your mentor? Do they at least train you?”
Old August 23rd, 2022, 04:09 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Slatestripe felt somewhat amused at Littlepaw’s barrage of questions. He was glad the young cat seemed to be perking up. She had seemed so down and nervous when she first approached.

“I don’t remember the kit’s name at this point,” he confessed. “Kestrelstar was the leader at the time, if I remember correctly. RiverClan has gone through so many leaders at this point in my life. My mentor was the one who confined me to camp. I suppose I deserved it for causing so much trouble, but at the time I was annoyed by it. At least my warrior ceremony didn’t get delayed by it. I did have to work extra hard to make up for lost time, though.”

After he finished answering the young cat’s questions, he studied her features so he’d be more likely to remember her. She was quite small, which was probably why he’d been able to single her out as an apprentice without knowing her name. Her tabby cream fur wasn’t too uncommon for a RiverClan cat. Lighter pelts worked better against fish in the water. They blended in with the sunlight, making it harder for them to be distinguished. Her green eyes seemed quite sharp.

Finished with his portion of the duck, he began washing himself. “So you don’t get along with your mentor? Do they at least train you?”
Kestralstar? How long had it been since the tom died, he was leader before Skystar, so it had been some moons. And Slatestripe's mentor had been the one to confine the warrior, at that time the apprentice, to camp. This led Littlepaw to wonder who the warrior's mentor was. What were they like? What was it like to serve as a warrior during Kestralstar's time?

"I'm glad Skystar didn't do anything about me spilling our secret, I've learned my lesson, even without one... it was so humiliating..." Littlepaw looked down at her paws and took another bite of the duck she was sharing with Slatestripe. The duck's good... and so is the talk with Slatestripe. I've never imagined a talk is all I needed...

"I didn't really get along with Vinewatcher, my first mentor. But after she became a queen and had kits, I was reassigned to Gingerfrost. He's... alright. Not very talkative, but I'm kind of used to it at this point, he's a good mentor," Littlepaw shrugged her shoulders. "Have you talked to Gingerfrost at all?"

Ravenhawk
Old August 23rd, 2022, 05:34 PM
time to wake up

Quote:
Kestralstar? How long had it been since the tom died, he was leader before Skystar, so it had been some moons. And Slatestripe's mentor had been the one to confine the warrior, at that time the apprentice, to camp. This led Littlepaw to wonder who the warrior's mentor was. What were they like? What was it like to serve as a warrior during Kestralstar's time?

"I'm glad Skystar didn't do anything about me spilling our secret, I've learned my lesson, even without one... it was so humiliating..." Littlepaw looked down at her paws and took another bite of the duck she was sharing with Slatestripe. The duck's good... and so is the talk with Slatestripe. I've never imagined a talk is all I needed...

"I didn't really get along with Vinewatcher, my first mentor. But after she became a queen and had kits, I was reassigned to Gingerfrost. He's... alright. Not very talkative, but I'm kind of used to it at this point, he's a good mentor," Littlepaw shrugged her shoulders. "Have you talked to Gingerfrost at all?"

Slatestripe nodded in understanding as she mentioned how humiliating her experience was. “I remember how embarrassing it was to get yelled at by my mentor in front of what felt like the whole Clan. I can still feel all those eyes on me, most of them angry or judgmental.” He paused for a moment to wonder how Snowstar would handle a situation like the one he got into. Would their new leader be similar to Skystar in any way?

At her inquisition about Gingerfrost, he shook his head. “I haven’t spoken with Gingerfrost, from what I can recall. I’m glad he’s at least training you. That’s the most important part of being a mentor. Some warriors forget that they’re mentors first, friends to their apprentices second.”
Old August 23rd, 2022, 06:24 PM
Warrior Cats Fanatic

Quote:

Slatestripe nodded in understanding as she mentioned how humiliating her experience was. “I remember how embarrassing it was to get yelled at by my mentor in front of what felt like the whole Clan. I can still feel all those eyes on me, most of them angry or judgmental.” He paused for a moment to wonder how Snowstar would handle a situation like the one he got into. Would their new leader be similar to Skystar in any way?

At her inquisition about Gingerfrost, he shook his head. “I haven’t spoken with Gingerfrost, from what I can recall. I’m glad he’s at least training you. That’s the most important part of being a mentor. Some warriors forget that they’re mentors first, friends to their apprentices second.”
So the Clan was angry and judgmental when Slatestripe had gotten in trouble with his mentor. That was a little surprising considering RiverClan now. They were all frustrated with Littlepaw when she revealed they were holding ThunderClan's apprentice, Cinderpaw, hostage. A few of them were probably angry, after all, she had betrayed her Clan (in a way). She was honestly lucky Skystar never gave her a punishment. But would Snowstar? She'd have to speak to him later when she isn't busy.

"If I ever become a mentor, I would never forget to train my apprentice. Apprentices and kits are the future of the Clan, by not training them, you're... you're screwing the future of RiverClan!" Littlepaw was frustrated with the Clanmates who never trained their apprentices. How could a Clan survive if all their apprentices have no lea how to hunt, fight, or care for each other?? "I can't believe some warriors forget to train their apprentices... how can they? The apprentice ceremony means the world to kits, just as warrior ceremonies mean the world to apprentices!"

Ravenhawk