Old February 12th, 2024, 11:13 AM
Obsessed with Zane

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Firefly Cove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamtail View Post
Acornpaw

Acornpaw beams at the mention of the little glowing bugs, that's so interesting! She watches her mentor with excitement in her expression as she pounces on the leaf and explains how to catch a mouse.

"Okay, I'll try it!" She declares, her tone bright and positive.

Acornpaw sets her sights on a nearby leaf, trying her best to concentrate. She drops down low, her pelt brushing the ground below her, and she shifts most of her weight on her haunches. Then she slowly creeps toward the leaf, making a bit of sound as she rustles the grass beneath her, then she pounces. She lands with one paw on the leaf and the rest of her laying flat out on the ground. She flicks on ear in embarrassment, but she gets up and turns around to face her mentor.

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Mapledawn
She/Her
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Mapledawn gave Acornpaw a gentle, reassuring smile.

"That's alright, you're only just learning. You did really good for a first-time!" She purred. "Next time, try to focus on your balance as well. You don't want the same mistakes happening over and over again."

A small, dim light flickered beside her.

"And would you look at that, the fireflies are coming out!" She smiled. "For now, I'll let you admire the fireflies. We can continue training tomorrow!"
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^

My Characters <3
Come to my Art Shop!
Old February 12th, 2024, 11:35 AM
Happy about life :3

Bump Policy: Anytime, as long as you didn't JUST post! I'm forgetful and have lots of rps atm, so it's fine! ^^
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starphobia View Post

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Mapledawn
She/Her
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Mapledawn gave Acornpaw a gentle, reassuring smile.

"That's alright, you're only just learning. You did really good for a first-time!" She purred. "Next time, try to focus on your balance as well. You don't want the same mistakes happening over and over again."

A small, dim light flickered beside her.

"And would you look at that, the fireflies are coming out!" She smiled. "For now, I'll let you admire the fireflies. We can continue training tomorrow!"
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝
Acornpaw

Acornpaw jumps up in delight, as she sees little flashing lights float around her. Each one emits a gentle glow, then seemingly vanishes, then pops up again as it's light flashes. The apprentice chases one that she sees is 'trying to get away,' before losing it again in the darkness. She prances about the field, enjoying how it feels to frolic outside of camp. Then she gets an idea, she can practice and play at the same time! Acornpaw drops into her hunters crouch, waiting for a little insect to pop into view in front of her. When one does, she pounces. Her powerful back legs spring into action, for a moment she looks graceful... until she lands rather awkwardly (directly on her face). But when she gets up, she looks at her mentor excitedly. She gestures to her mouth with her tail, trying to get her attention. Then she opens it and a small light flies out.

"I caught one! I caught one Mapledawn!" She exclaims, beaming at her mentor before shifting her focus to another firefly.

She gets into another hunters crouch and tries again, this time missing the insect she was aiming for, but she did land perfectly!

Click only one |

"Love your neighboor as yourself." - Lev. 19:18

~Eveningstar is the current Morningclan leader, she has a semi-open den policy.~

Last edited by Streamtail; February 12th, 2024 at 11:36 AM.
Old February 14th, 2024, 11:58 AM
Obsessed with Zane

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streamtail View Post
Acornpaw

Acornpaw jumps up in delight, as she sees little flashing lights float around her. Each one emits a gentle glow, then seemingly vanishes, then pops up again as it's light flashes. The apprentice chases one that she sees is 'trying to get away,' before losing it again in the darkness. She prances about the field, enjoying how it feels to frolic outside of camp. Then she gets an idea, she can practice and play at the same time! Acornpaw drops into her hunters crouch, waiting for a little insect to pop into view in front of her. When one does, she pounces. Her powerful back legs spring into action, for a moment she looks graceful... until she lands rather awkwardly (directly on her face). But when she gets up, she looks at her mentor excitedly. She gestures to her mouth with her tail, trying to get her attention. Then she opens it and a small light flies out.

"I caught one! I caught one Mapledawn!" She exclaims, beaming at her mentor before shifting her focus to another firefly.

She gets into another hunters crouch and tries again, this time missing the insect she was aiming for, but she did land perfectly!

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
Mapledawn
She/Her
. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.

. 。・゜✭・.・✫゜・。.
Mapledawn gave a soft purr of approval.

"That's very nice, Acornpaw, using what you've just learned. That's a great way to use your knowledge," She meowed. "Tomorrow, I'll take you to Willow's Rise for another tour and possibly, we'll catch a mouse or two."

(I'll timeskip and mention you in Willow's Rise ASAP ^^)
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

Please feel free to bump me on any ongoing RPs. I have ADHD and it gets really hard for me to keep track of all my RPs ^^

My Characters <3
Come to my Art Shop!
Old February 26th, 2024, 12:23 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

| Fawnsplash |
She/her | ThunderClan | 17 moons

The molly led the patrol of apprentices out into the territory, heading for Firefly Cove. When they arrived, she came to a halt and gestured for them to stop as well with a flick of her tail. "Uh.. I guess we can collect basic things, such as moss, sticks and cobwebs. Also, from a herb patrol I've done I know that marigold is a flowering plant with bright orange-yellow petals." She let her bicoloured gaze settle on the three of them at the same time. "We can stick together or split up, it's up to you. But if you do end up going somewhere else please stay in yowling distance. If you know a herb I haven't named that's probably useful, collect that as well. We need anything we can get, can't be hesitant in a time of need." She nodded to them before walking towards a speckle of color she'd spotted.

| @Alchemist Kitsune @Estelle @Eden |
| Short post, just wanted to get this going lol |

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; February 26th, 2024 at 12:58 PM.
Old February 26th, 2024, 05:20 PM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Leafpaw
Dark brown Siamese-Abyssinian-Turkish Angora mix ▵ She/Her
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Leafpaw couldn't recall if she'd been to this part of the territory before, she didn't get the appeal to it. The apprentice had thoughts of using this chance as a way to look for any sight of her sister. Yet she chose not to for now, not when they had to get some plants to heal the injured. She followed after Fawnspleash with no complaints and gave an idle nod as she listened. Sadly for her, she only knew of cobwebs and now Marigold since the other mentioned it. Yeah, she might have collected herbs most of her time but it was most cobwebs, catmint, and ragweed, which she forgot what that looked like. Maybe she'll just grab something extra that looked helpful, someone would surely tell her if it wasn't a herb. "I'm fine with the whole split it, could collect more doing so" she answered. Since the warrior walked away she took that as a signal to start her own search.

@starry @Estelle @Alchemist Kitsune
══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw

Last edited by Eden; February 26th, 2024 at 05:23 PM.
Old February 26th, 2024, 08:50 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Mudhound
Thunderclan Hornet | They/them | 31 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery | Beefed up T3

The response took a moment, the words not processing before the tripod grinned lightly and nodded letting Violetfreckle lead the way to the cove.

Sticks and yellow bells, then Mudhound could sleep. Sticks and yellow bells, then Mudhound could collapse. Sticks and yellow bells, then Mudhound could use Redhawk as a pillow and not have to think about things.

Sticks and yellow bells, then- oh look a stick.

Taking advantage of the dead bush they found the tripod yanked several off, starting a pile before they finally broke the silence. "That.... That battle was a mess." A tired sigh "Vi I dont even know if it was their fault or ours but a battle doesnt feel like it should be like that. Kinda wish I didnt have to go but that makes me feel bad because I do wanna support Bumble-sis....."
The hornet really wasnt looking for answers or something specific, but just needed to vent and talk and trusted Violetfreckle enough to talk about it. It just.... It was a wrong battle.

@vellichor

Last edited by Rani; February 26th, 2024 at 08:50 PM.
Old February 27th, 2024, 05:16 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Poppypaw had never been out into the territory before, and that much was very evident. Despite the circumstances - which she didn't quite realise to be dire yet - she was looking around and stopping and gawking at her surroundings every few wobbly steps. It was just so fun! So much looked similar to the things she saw in camp, but much, much bigger!! And wider. She felt like she could see the horizon and beyond, and it completely mesmerised the newly made apprentice.

"Poppy go find, Poppy go find!"
The young one announced with glee as she quickly hobbled away from Fawnsplash. They needed moss and sticks and... whatever cobwebs were. But also! Bright yellow-orange flowers! Poppypaw could do that, mhm! Hehe, she liked it out here. If she stuck her head against the ground it smelled so earthy and soft. And when she stuck her head into a bush (ruffling up her fur) it smelled kind of like the plant den, because it was so plant-y! Poppypaw knew the smell very well, yes yes. She spent half her life inside of there, after all, being all icky and sick!

It dependent on whether anyone was actually paying attention to this untrained apprentice aimlessly wandering around or not, the Poppypaw did fall a few times walking outside. She noted that the ground was much less flat than in camp, that there were many more bumps and holes which she couldn't see through the grass that made her trip and lose her balance so much more than normal. And she already tripped and lost her balance all the time! Really, her walking had improved since she was a newborn kit, but maybe not walking much for so long stumped her progress? Poppypaw didn't know, nor did she care. She was used to falling. It was normal, right?

She sniffed around her surroundings, looking close to the ground (because that's where she ended up every time she tripped or lost her balance). It wasn't difficult to quickly find a big sturdy stick, which she was sure Springy could use! Poppy didn't know why or what for, but if she needed a stick, then surely it needed to be big and sturdy. Similarly, Poppypaw had little trouble finding some moss resting upon an old stone she bumped into. And it only took getting her paws all wet and dirty to pry it off and gather it. That already made two!

Now, she had a stick, and she had moss. there wasn't much more she could carry, really, with how big the stick was. But she could look for flowers! Poppy liked flowers very much, they were pretty. Or at least, that's what she assumes. Poppy had never seen a proper flower before, but everyone said they were pretty, so! She had to like them too! Now, while looking around (and quite possibly out of Fawnsplash's sight), Poppypaw didn't find any yellow flowers. But she did find some red flowers with black seeds when losing her balance and dropping everything on the ground; it was right in front of her! It took her snapping her jaws around the flower and pulling with aaaaalllllllll her might to get it out, but eventually, she succeeded! Oof. This ought to be worth it!

Gathering up her sturdy stick, moss and red but not yellow flower - any flower had to be useful, right? Red and yellow were similar - Poppypaw made extra care to walk slowly and not drop anything again. She took one step, then two steps, then three steps and slowly but surely began making her way back to Fawnsplash, or at least, where she assumed the warrior was. She didn't know if the warrior was in the same location as before, but be it chance or skill, it didn't take her much looking. Wobbling a bit as she came to a halt, Poppypaw excitedly looked at the warrior.
"Poppy found! Things! Look!"
She yelped happily.
"Good?"

[ @starry @Eden @Alchemist Kitsune - +1 sturdy stick +, +1 moss clump, +1 poppy flower - Poppypaw doesn't know poppy seeds / flowers, she just spotted a red flower and assumed it would be fine ahah ]

Old February 28th, 2024, 12:29 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Sprucepaw |
Kitty Softpaws - Active | Ultimate Predator - Inactive | Agatha Kitty - Inactive

Blank eyes emotionlessly swept across the open fields they had just reached, annoyance coaxing a singular twitch of his tail. Looked like his last trick of going up the trees to search for cobwebs would do him no good here. Nose wrinkled, the young tom nodded once as Patches let them know they could stick together or separate, and noticing the other two apprentice seemed to be about as fond of socialization as he was he gladly took off on his own. He was more used to working by himself, in any case, and if he couldn't even enjoy a good tree climb during this gathering session, then he might as well do the next best thing. Get some peace and quiet.

Remembering his search for cobwebs with Duke Gold, he realized that spiders would probably still not be all that plentiful with how infuriatingly cold it had been. Probably would be a little on the harder to find side until this frozen hellscape went back to verdant hellscape again. True, the snow tried to kill him less regularly than the flora of this place, but he would rather be able to step on the ground without his precious toe beans screaming in agony, thank you very much. Moss was out of the question as well. Not because it was impossible to find, but because no. He refused to get close to humid spots in this weather for some plants. It just wasn't going to happen. Which left Fudge with only one choice. Marigolds.

The Havana Brown mix admittedly knew next to nothing about herbs. He didn't really care enough about them. They didn't seem relevant to his survival, as far as he was concerned. But he did remember having picked some yellow flowers during an outing with the evil herb cat's apprentice that she had been extremely happy about. If he wasn't mistaken, the calico had called them marigolds as well? In any case, he remembered yellow being good as far as flowers went, so it couldn't hurt to find some yellow flowers, right?

Long legs carrying him through the grassy terrain, Fudge's deadpanned eyes opened up minutely as he spotted it. A flash of golden yellow petals, making their way through a surprisingly snowless patch of soil. Almost as if the plant had taken hold the second it could and was making sure to prosper for however long it got before its inevitable end. The apprentice could almost sympathize, knowing all too well how that felt. To hold on to whatever scraps one could get out of life, knowing each day could very well be your last. It felt strange, to feel kinship to something as lacking as a plant, however, and the former kittypet shrugged off the feeling. The plants certainly took no pity on him. They deserved none from him in return.

Yanking out three of the better looking flowers, the long furred tom made his way back, his paws silent upon the snow. He couldn't wait for winter to be over. For the snow to retreat. For the trees to have some life in them again. The drabness and lack of color reminded him of the city, and for the first time since he had gotten here the chocolate point realized that he had somehow started preferring this terrible place over his old home. Over the home he had fully intended on returning to one day... when he was stronger. Capable of surviving on his own.

The feeling admittedly did little to please him. If anything, it made matters more complicated. Made him wonder if perhaps... he should consider staying. It would make The Boulder happier, he supposed. But would it do the same for him? He had been living for so long with only the thought of survival on his mind, the mere idea of enjoying life had never occurred to him at all. Emotionlessly, he blinked, pushing the thought away. It would do him no good now. He seemed to be having a lot of thoughts like those today. Useless ones. Hopefully the others would find their herbs and they would be able to make their way back to camp soon.

[+3 Marigold]
@starry [Fawnsplash] | @Eden [Leafpaw] | @Estelle [Poppypaw]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; February 28th, 2024 at 12:34 PM.
Old March 1st, 2024, 04:25 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Fawnsplash's blue and green orbs landed on a bright yellow-orange flower. She smiled in satisfaction, bounding over and noticing it looked exactly like her description of marigold. She grabbed three springs into her maw and supposed that was enough of herbs, she'd go look for some cobwebs now. It didn't take her long to spot a few clusters of sticky white webs. She also grabbed a stick and wrapped a cobweb up on it. Unfortunately there were less of the webs than she'd initially thought, so she was only able to grab one. Well, one was better than nothing. She returned to the three apprentices with her stuff and realized Poppypaw was gone. Fawnsplash furrowed her brows and looked around. "Pop-p-i-p-ow-" her voice was mumbled through the herbs so she dropped them.

"Poppypaw! Hm, where is she? Maybe she's gone back to camp?" she questioned with a frown. "Leafpaw, Sprucepaw, we should head back. I'm sure Poppypaw will be there, if not I'll go search for her."

[ @Alchemist Kitsune @Eden sorry about the delay!! also very crappy post sorry, am tired and trying to cram in some roleplays instead of sleeping ]
[ +3 marigold, +1 stick, +1 cobweb ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den

Last edited by starry; March 1st, 2024 at 04:26 PM.
Old March 1st, 2024, 06:01 PM
im back i swear it

Bump Policy: 2 Days
My Mood: Thinking

Leafpaw
Dark brown Siamese-Abyssinian-Turkish Angora mix ▵ She/Her
❀•°❀°•❀
‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿‿

Nosing her face through the ground beneath her no thoughts running in her head at the moment. She already had a few things in mind to snag if she saw them, but anything else would do too. Leafpaw snagged a stick on her way as she scooped up some cobwebs she came upon and moved on. For a bit she stared at this weird red flower that was in front of her, she had no idea what it was. She took that with her too hoping that springpaw would know what it was for. The apprentice gave another go at finding anything else before she would go back to Fawnsplash. That worked out since she found the mentioned plant that said warrior described earlier. Sadly it wasn't a lot but it was better than nothing it would have to do. No longer able to carry anymore she made her way back to the warrior, just barely hearing what she asked. Honestly, no she did not see where Poppypaw went off to nor did she see them leave. Surprised her to see how eager the younger apprentices were to go on their own. "kay" was her muffled reply with a shrug, things had been calm beside the riverclan issue so hopefully Poppypaw made it back safely.

[ 3 cobwebs , 1 margold, 1 poppy flower Leafpaw has no idea what this is just took it in case ]

@starry @Alchemist Kitsune

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

Feel free to hit me up if you want to rp with me
Springburst/ Sunpaw / Wispypaw