Today 07:26 AM
writing commissions
Last post by randomfandomfan
Today 07:21 AM

Old May 11th, 2020, 08:36 AM
eternally tired

Default Re: Cattail Pond

@Silverclover @vermin

Sparrowpaw back away from the crazy cat, he didn't want to be close if he lashed out. "Riverclan is one of the four clans... do you not know what those are?"
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old May 11th, 2020, 10:58 AM
all that i’ll ever need

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

The black she-cat's ears flicked in surprise at Houndpaw's words, her orange eyes widening significantly. "Alright um, hold that thought right there, we're going to talk about that at some point got it? Good." That sentence was signs of trauma, and Ternsky wasn't going to have no traumatized, grown warrior-apprentice if she could help it. But they were on a patrol, and alas, duty calls. But she would bring that subject back up, sooner or later.
She watched as Houndpaw skillfully pulled a fish from the water, her eyes narrowing slightly. The tom had all the right positioning down, and the focus in his gaze let the young warrior know that he'd probably done this before. Countless times. No cat was just that good at fishing on their first try. Even if she was an excellent teacher, which she was, but Houndpaw was still beyond the skill level most beginning cats showed. "Not sure if it's my teaching buddy-boy. Something tells me you've fished before."
Houndpaw flicked an ear at Ternsky’s statement, hearing the hint of concern in her voice. She definitely suspected that something was up, which was bad, but at least he would have some time to distance himself from the memories. If she brought it up later, he’d be prepared to offer his lie and he wouldn’t have fresh memories tripping him up.
The brown tom chuckled as Ternsky called him out for clearly knowing how to fish and he nodded, humor flashing in his yellow eyes. “You caught me there. I used to live beside rather a large lake so fishin was quite the past time for me and my boy,” Damn. Apparently Houndpaw couldn’t speak about fishing without mentioning Redwood- something that was really, really bad. The mere thought of his son made him want to jump into the pond before him and let the water take him. He couldn’t keep thinking about him. Not to mention the fact that the last thing he wanted was for this clan to know about his family. There would be no escaping his past if everyone knew about it. All he needed was the sight of those pitying eyes and he’d fall of the deep end for sure. Houndpaw couldn’t do anything, though, but act nonchalant- like nothing had happened. At least he didn’t since this time.
Old May 11th, 2020, 12:10 PM
♡♡♡

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStripes View Post
"Don't be sorry, you did way better than I expected! I'm very impressed, I have dropped fish more times than I can count," Whitestripe was very impressed, he wasn't the best fisher, and his apprentice was doing great, "It can be very hard to hold on to fish. You injured that one, see how it hasn't gone very far?" Whitestripe gestured with his tail to the fish, "Now... lets see, ummm.... " Whitestripe launched himself into the pond after the fish. He meant to cautch it, but ended up sending it to Ringpaw, and getting water in his nose. @Rose Child (Gay Bean)
Ringpaw blinked as Whitestripe reassured her, and when he launched himself into the pond, the water splashed down on her, soaking her from head to toe. She gasped and closed her eyes as water streamed down her face, and she blinked rapidly to get the stuff out of her eyes. She shook out her pelt, ripples running through her.

When the fish swam back towards her to escape Whitestripe, Ringpaw almost missed it, but managed to lunge forward and scoop it up just in time with her paw, where it lay on the mossy ground beside the pond, gasping for breath as it flopped around. Ringpaw laughed with delight, realising she was actually having fun. She put her paw on the fish and carefully cut its gills with her claws, and the trout stilled. The molly glanced to where Whitestripe was swimming towards her, and she giggled when she saw how soaked her mentor was.

"I guess we both got a good soaking, huh?" she laughed, then began to groom herself down, licking the water out of her mottled pelt.

♡ character page wip ♡
Old May 11th, 2020, 12:13 PM

My Mood: Sarcastic

"Clans?" he asked with a quiet grumble flattening his fur "No. we don't we are trying to find somewhere to stay. Our mum died a few days ago near here." He hissed. Moss shoved pass his broither to look at the 'strange' cats. Clay shoved pass as well smaller than the other two she raised her head
@vermin @:Grimm:

Last edited by Silverclover; May 11th, 2020 at 12:14 PM.
Old May 11th, 2020, 12:23 PM
Ambivert

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero to Hero View Post

(I'll quote you here in the cattail pond so it's easier. Also, thanks for all the patience!)

Coastpaw listened respectfully as Splashfury explained her plan. "Yeah, I've got the basics but haven't really practiced for a while so it'd be best to start from scratch in learning how," He meowed, following along to the cattail pond. The tom stood to the side, waiting and watching for her to show him the first main way to fish. He had seen this before, but again it was such a long time ago he wasn't sure if he remembered all the details correctly. As he waited, he was briefly distracted by the silver flashes of the fish swimming in the pond, but quickly focused back in once she began her move.
Splashfury crouched at the edge of the pond with her claws out and waited when a silver flash was at the perfect sweet spot she quickly hooked the fish and dragged it out to bite the spine to stop it's flailing. She quickly thanked Starclan for the prey and turned to Coastpaw. "Would you like a recap of what I did or do you think you can list it out?" Splashfury asked as she put the fish in a safe spot so when they were done she could take it to the fresh kill pile.
{Foggykit}{Mouseleap}
Windclan:
{Songkit}{Fallenghost}
Thunderclan:
{Seedcrush}{Pineapple}
Profile pic is by alan
Old May 11th, 2020, 12:31 PM

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Child (Gay Bean) View Post
Ringpaw blinked as Whitestripe reassured her, and when he launched himself into the pond, the water splashed down on her, soaking her from head to toe. She gasped and closed her eyes as water streamed down her face, and she blinked rapidly to get the stuff out of her eyes. She shook out her pelt, ripples running through her.

When the fish swam back towards her to escape Whitestripe, Ringpaw almost missed it, but managed to lunge forward and scoop it up just in time with her paw, where it lay on the mossy ground beside the pond, gasping for breath as it flopped around. Ringpaw laughed with delight, realising she was actually having fun. She put her paw on the fish and carefully cut its gills with her claws, and the trout stilled. The molly glanced to where Whitestripe was swimming towards her, and she giggled when she saw how soaked her mentor was.

"I guess we both got a good soaking, huh?" she laughed, then began to groom herself down, licking the water out of her mottled pelt.
"Yes we did!" Whitestripe shook of his fur, drenching Ringpaw again. "Sorry... that was a great catch." Whitestripe was quite please with his apprentice's work. She was a fast learner. "Well, we can try to catch another fish, or we practice a skill of your choice." He told her, without waiting for her to reply to his first comment.
Old May 11th, 2020, 01:14 PM
♥~Baby Aspa~♥

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderfrost View Post

The warrior laughed at Harepaws antics and pushed him away so he could get up.

"You did good with the advice I gave you. Maybe we'll see how you fair with more instinctual actions rather than plotting your actions." he hummed. "You ready for another round or you need a break?"
"Let's try another round!" He mewed, still full of energy.
Old May 11th, 2020, 01:23 PM
another level

My Mood: Kingly

"I can tell. You seem to have lost your senses too since you blindly crossed into our territory." He ignored the last part they said and looked over to his apprentice. "Of course they don't know, they are loners. Not every cat knows about clan life." Eh, let's just cut to the chase. "It sucks that you're lost but that's none of our problems." He plopped right on the ground, sitting with unwavering stern eyes. " Two options here kids. We can kick you out or take you to our leader and maybe he'll let you rest before taking off or stay- and uh..something like that. Okay, pick."
@Silverclover @:Grimm:

Last edited by tye; May 11th, 2020 at 01:24 PM.
Old May 11th, 2020, 01:59 PM
What even...

My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluepetal View Post

"Let's try another round!" He mewed, still full of energy.

The warrior grinned at his enthusiasm and nodded.

"Great! Come at me with your best shot, Harepaw!" he challenged.
Old May 11th, 2020, 02:07 PM
♥~Baby Aspa~♥

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderfrost View Post

The warrior grinned at his enthusiasm and nodded.

"Great! Come at me with your best shot, Harepaw!" he challenged.
Harepaw shot towards Brightwhisker, ramming into him. If he knocked him down, Harepaw would bat at Brightwhisker's stomach.