Today 07:27 AM

Old May 20th, 2021, 01:57 AM
Random Roleplayer

My Mood: Bored

Default Re: Sedgewater Valley

// @Kyrieknight @Rainquail \\
;Hawkwhisker;
The tom grunted.
"I'll keep watch then. Be careful, and be quick. I don't want something to be attracted by this rotting scent," he growled, finding a position hidden among the undergrowth to watch for dangers.

Replies might be slow! Bumps within 24 hours are welcomed and needed. Discord DMs are open if you're waiting for too long.
Old May 20th, 2021, 02:21 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Sedgestorm turned to Reedpaw, giving him a nod before he himself set around to digging, his muscular form and large paws making this an easy task. He made sure to avoid getting in the apprentice's way, a task that would be easier the more they dug the hole and were less squished together.
He wasn't eager to drag the body in afterwards, but couldn't imagine asking either of his patrol mates to subject themselves to the task either. He'd burn that bridge when he got to it, he supposed, and went back to digging, occasionally checking to make sure Reedpaw was ok and keeping up.

@Kyrieknight @Lavender'fur

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old May 20th, 2021, 07:17 AM
Champion All-Nighter

My Mood: Proud

Owltalon trotted along, his tail flicking happily at the prospect of leaving the stuffy camp. He made sure to keep a close eye of Fernpaw, already well-aware of his unpredictability. As the apprentice bounded past him, he hissed in annoyance. "Fernpaw!" he called. "Get back here! I'm leading this patrol."

When Fernpaw gave no sign of slowing down, he sighed. Why did he get stuck with the apprentice that had no self-control or awareness. Sometimes, it got so frustrating, Owltalon almost wished the apprentice would fall off a cliff.

They neared the RiverClan border, and he sniffed the air, the sound of rushing water coming to his ears. Everything seemed okay. As his eyes roamed the territory, he noticed Fernpaw, still running at full-speed, toward the river. "Fernpaw!" he yowled. "Slow down!" Again, it seemed like Owltalon's words fell on deaf ears and he quickened his pace until he was sprinting. "Fernpaw!" he yowled again. The apprentice was racing straight for the river, seeming not to notice it.

As Owltalon neared, his eyes widened as Fernpaw disappeared over the edge. Slamming his paws into the ground in an attempt to stop, he lunged forward, managing to grasp the end of his tail. He struggled to lift Fernpaw up, but only succeeded in crumbling the bank.
@Dahliamoon @BILL. @|+|Lemon'Heart|+|

Old May 20th, 2021, 07:35 AM
Collector of Screams

Bump Policy: -
My Mood: Fanatic

Cloversplash watched in horror as Fernpaw tumbled over the edge of the cliff, racing over to help Owltalon. She grabbed his scruff, hauling him backward to little avail. Come on, keep going... she thought desperately, gritting her teeth as she pulled back, claws digging into the peat for traction.
@MooingPanda @BILL. @|+|Lemon'Heart|+|

Last edited by Mercury; May 20th, 2021 at 07:37 AM.
Old May 20th, 2021, 08:24 AM
Roleplayer

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahliamoon View Post
Cloversplash watched in horror as Fernpaw tumbled over the edge of the cliff, racing over to help Owltalon. She grabbed his scruff, hauling him backward to little avail. Come on, keep going... she thought desperately, gritting her teeth as she pulled back, claws digging into the peat for traction.
@MooingPanda @BILL. @|+|Lemon'Heart|+|
~Ravenheart~
she was over there as fast as she could and when she got there she saw fernpaw tossed onto the bank "are you ok?!" she asked panting as she ran over to fernpaw "you need to be careful, don't run off like that" she said as she was panting in between her words
@BILL. @MooingPanda @Dahliamoon

Raven'Heart (Wc) Honey'Comb (Wc) Butterfly'kit (Tc) BadgerKit (Rc) Treepaw (Voyage) Berrypaw (Voyage)
??? Kit (Coming soon)

bump me if I haven't replied in 24 hours! I'm forgetful

Last edited by |+|Lemon'Heart|+|; May 20th, 2021 at 08:25 AM.
Old May 20th, 2021, 08:50 AM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender'fur View Post
;Hawkwhisker;
The tom grunted.
"I'll keep watch then. Be careful, and be quick. I don't want something to be attracted by this rotting scent," he growled, finding a position hidden among the undergrowth to watch for dangers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainquail View Post
Sedgestorm turned to Reedpaw, giving him a nod before he himself set around to digging, his muscular form and large paws making this an easy task. He made sure to avoid getting in the apprentice's way, a task that would be easier the more they dug the hole and were less squished together.
He wasn't eager to drag the body in afterwards, but couldn't imagine asking either of his patrol mates to subject themselves to the task either. He'd burn that bridge when he got to it, he supposed, and went back to digging, occasionally checking to make sure Reedpaw was ok and keeping up.

Reedpaw dug quickly and quietly, still unnerved by the dead otter and unwilling to upset or annoy his patrolmates with chatter. Instead, he kept his head down, digging as Blizzardstorm had taught him before. His claws scraped underneath him as he dug.

Bump me only after two days.

Old May 20th, 2021, 09:25 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

It wasnt as if Snakeheart was being fake in his actions so to speak, this was honest and he had yet to say a single falsehood. But everyone that knew him well knew he was being unusually restrained during his time at windclan. In part it was emotional exhaustion, he saw bits of Coldamber everywhere here, little bits of the cat who took him under her wing at his lowest even when he didnt see the cat herself (which he did so so often) and it was draining. She didnt remember him at all and it hurt so he avoided her and yet that hurt more.... The other part of that though was a genuine wish for peace with these cats. Snakeheart knew how many cats his temper, his snapping, his spot barking of orders and lack of respect to anyone drove away. He wasnt liked and that wasnt something he could be if he wished to keep this.

So he bit his tongue, his anger, bit it all down pessimism telling him no matter the kindness he payed it'd all be for nothing and did as a good cat (not him) would do. If nothing else he might be able to feel good about himself for once. Maybe he'd be wrong though, in a good way. Peachfrost admitting fault was unexpected and a small boost to Snakehearts spirit that she was actually listened so with a deep breath he rallied and continued on.
"Right borage then you've already heard a description so I wont linger on that but the leaves will help bring down fevers. This is important as if you've got an infection so bad its effecting the entire body you can try and treat just the wound sure but that just the surface infection, the fever and weakness it creates needs to be treated or it can kill just as much. It has other effects too, Ive noticed it soothes upset stomachs so sick cats can eat easier too so that might be useful. I do know theres another use, Coldamber mentioned it ages ago, but Ive forgotten exactly what it is sorry however if you have time and herbs to spare try testing it, borage is a herb that doesnt harm a cat to eat even if it has no effect or theyre fully healthy."
Honestly he needed to get on that himself but thing had been so busy......

"Next Dandelion. This is another herb Coldamber taught me and is really good if you need to relieve some pain but cant risk knocking a cat out be that because they have duties or some other reason. Chew the leaves and apply them to a wound and it'll relieve pain though its not as strong as poppyseeds. It fades as soon as washed off and needs to be covered with cobwebs or it'll probably rub off, can be mixed with other chewed herbs and still work though." Peachfrost would probably put together that that was the herb Twilightstar was absolutely coated in in her last meeting but at least the leader had made an effort to keep it on. She didnt come back to get poppyseeds to help her sleep though hm... Not his responsibility though he'd keep his paws off.

@Rockfall
Old May 20th, 2021, 09:28 AM
Random Roleplayer

;Hawkwhisker;
"Is it deep enough yet?" the tom growled impatiently.
"The dead otter stinks, and we need it gone,"

Replies might be slow! Bumps within 24 hours are welcomed and needed. Discord DMs are open if you're waiting for too long.
Old May 20th, 2021, 04:15 PM
Procrastinator

My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiabirb View Post
Starlingflight winced from the terrible pun, but she had to admit, it was...somewhat funny. She reached out and batted his ear, snorting, "That was terrible, but the effort made it bearable." The she-cat chuckled. "Not a contest, no. Just some help bringing more prey back to camp. Maybe I can teach you a thing or two." She got up and padded to the edge of the riverbank, crouching and glancing at Ottersplash.

"Come on over, dear. This old bird is going to show you how to get two fish at once," Was she boasting? Maybe. As much as the river made her sick and she hated it, it was their food source, and like any RiverClan cat, she was an adept fisher. Maybe even one of the best? She hasn't paid attention to many of the younger cats fishing.
// Ottersplash
Oof--there it was. The forces of the universe acting through Starlingflight to punish him for pun-iness. Ottersplash flicked his ear away after she caught it with her paw, chuckling in guilty amusement and uttering a half-hearted: "Heyy. Abuse." A beat later, his ears perked up again. She called him dear, aw.

"I'm sure there's a lot I have to learn. And Starling, don't call yourself that! Age is just a number. Besides." Otter flashed an easy smile that showed off most of his pearly teeth, nudging the she-cat playfully. "I think you look young as Newleaf rain."

Ottersplash joined Starlingflight at the riverbank so that they stood shoulder-to-shoulder. "Two fish at once! My mentor must've been a slacker. I didn't know that was a thing you could do." He gazed at the bubbling water, enjoying the way it sent reflections of light bounding in every direction. Beautiful chaos. "So...what's your technique? Cause I'll definitely be using it to impress everyone later."

Last edited by Ziera; May 20th, 2021 at 04:19 PM.
Old May 20th, 2021, 06:19 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours

"Just about."
Sedgestorm called over his shoulder before returning back to his task. It wasn't too much longer before the ground was suitable. He motioned for Reedpaw they were done before hopping out himself.
"It is now."
He wrinkled his nose before grabbing for the otter, almost vomiting. Nothing could have prepared him for the feeling of revolution that came from having the snelson close to his nose.
It was, unfortunately, not a task he could do alone, even with his muscle and size. He turned to the others.
"I'll need help shoving it in."
Dead weight always weighed more.

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.