Today 06:11 AM

Old April 26th, 2022, 11:35 AM
Cat Luver

My Mood: Tired
Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Mori View Post
❦ Lynxfall (he/they) | RiverClan Warrior ❦

❥ Hunting down the remaining frogs in the group, Lynxfall entered a crouch and pounced on one of them ‘That’s one more!’ they thought triumphantly. Taking a moment to sniff in the air, they let out a content sigh as they buried this frog and seemed out the remaining two.

Finding the others, he once again tried to pounce on one only to fall in the mud… again. ‘Oh… yup, very nice…’ they thought with a small groan. At first they didn’t think the mud felt to bad, but slapping down on it and having it all over your underbelly wasn’t great. Lynxfall quickly caught one frog, and then the last remaining one and buried the two to bring back after the patrol was over. For now, he went to seek out his other teammates to hopefully get some form of early training in fishing in.

@sid @BirdieChirp // (sorry I forgot to @ you guys for the last post I did.)
SharkPaw went to fish with Brindlefeather. She leaned down then spotted one. She reached in and flipped it up, caught in her mouth and bit hard. She sat i down beside her and looked at it.
------------------------------------
@sid
THC: SoftRipple
SHC: N/A
WC: CoyoteEar, ButterflyKit/Paw
RC: RosemaryKit/Paw
Others: Thistle
Alt: JasminePaw (Flareclan)
Old April 27th, 2022, 04:48 AM
returned ♡

My Mood: Adorable

Breezestrike padded up to the pond. It was such a small body of water, at least, when you compared it to the sea. Trying to spot a fish, he sat down. A splash alerted him and Breezestrike plunged his paw into the water. His paw flailed in the water as he tried to grip one of the fish, but eventually it escaped. Reaching out again, Breezestrike sighed and tried again.

This time, his grip was stronger and he managed to fish it out. But then it slipped and plopped back in the water. Huffing, Breezestrike settled down for a tiny, quick nap.

QUEENOTTER

pfp made by me
Old April 28th, 2022, 12:15 AM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

Sprucecrow | He/They| @miiiwu | WC: 185

A brown warrior led his apprentice out of camp deep into riverclan territory. He walked the familiar path towards Cattail pond. It certainly wasn’t the best place to fish, but it was the simplest. Though today he wasn’t planning on fishing, even if he might do some afterwards.

“So Troutpaw. Today I thought we could start the day off with some swimming lessons.”
They said as they rounded a corner. Ahead lay the still water, with the only ripples being caused by the couple of fish that habited it.

“This is objectively the most important thing of being apart of Riverclan. But it can be dangerous, we’ve lost quite a few cats to being swept away by the river.” As much as he didn’t want to scare his apprentice, it was only the truth.

“I’m not telling this to scare you, but I don’t want you to think this will be easy.” He stopped at the edge of the pond, paws slightly sinking into the moist ground.
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs

Last edited by nykyrian; April 28th, 2022 at 12:31 AM.
Old April 28th, 2022, 01:00 AM
hi im new here

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
Sprucecrow | He/They| @miiiwu | WC: 185

A brown warrior led his apprentice out of camp deep into riverclan territory. He walked the familiar path towards Cattail pond. It certainly wasn’t the best place to fish, but it was the simplest. Though today he wasn’t planning on fishing, even if he might do some afterwards.

“So Troutpaw. Today I thought we could start the day off with some swimming lessons.”
They said as they rounded a corner. Ahead lay the still water, with the only ripples being caused by the couple of fish that habited it.

“This is objectively the most important thing of being apart of Riverclan. But it can be dangerous, we’ve lost quite a few cats to being swept away by the river.” As much as he didn’t want to scare his apprentice, it was only the truth.

“I’m not telling this to scare you, but I don’t want you to think this will be easy.” He stopped at the edge of the pond, paws slightly sinking into the moist ground.
Troutpaw bounded along, following his mentor while taking in the new sights and smells of the Riverclan territory. He’d never been this far from the camp before. His fur bristled with excitement. As the two reached the water’s edge, he gazed into the clear depths, mesmerized by the glistening surface. He followed a small fish with his eyes, but was snapped back to reality once Sprucecrow warned him of cats being swept away.

He listened intently to the next words his mentor spoke. Sprucecrow’s warning to him not to think it would be easy sparked determination in the young apprentice. Troutpaw stepped forward and waited for Sprucecrow’s swimming lesson to begin.
(ooc: I’m going to bed soon. See ya tomorrow ^w^)
Old April 28th, 2022, 05:49 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Sprucecrow | He/They| @miiiwu | WC: 121

He was thankful it was a warm day. In spring the water was always ice-cold, so the temperature outside helped to not freeze your tail off. He beckoned to Troutpaw to follow him into the water, then stopping a couple of tail-lengths in.

Here’s the drop off. I want you to wait a few minutes and let your body adjust, before stepping in when you’re ready.”
They instructed. The water here was just above his belly, but moving just a few steps would change that.
“I’ll be right here to pull you back if something happens.” He comforted, adding a nod that signaled ‘go on’.
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs

Last edited by nykyrian; April 28th, 2022 at 05:49 PM.
Old April 28th, 2022, 08:26 PM
hi im new here

Quote:
Sprucecrow | He/They| @miiiwu | WC: 121

He was thankful it was a warm day. In spring the water was always ice-cold, so the temperature outside helped to not freeze your tail off. He beckoned to Troutpaw to follow him into the water, then stopping a couple of tail-lengths in.

Here’s the drop off. I want you to wait a few minutes and let your body adjust, before stepping in when you’re ready.”
They instructed. The water here was just above his belly, but moving just a few steps would change that.
“I’ll be right here to pull you back if something happens.” He comforted, adding a nod that signaled ‘go on’.
At the nod, Troutpaw gingerly dipped a paw into the water. It was cool to the touch.
“Woah, it feels weird,” he mewed, slowly lowering himself into the pond. He stood for a second, getting used to the water.

He took a breath and stepped forward.

Instantly, panic rose in him as his back paws lost contact with the bottom of the pond. He flailed his paws uselessly, struggling to keep his head above the water. After a few seconds of sheer panic, he calmed down as he realized he could stay afloat by paddling his legs and keeping his back straight as if walking on land.

“I’m doing it! Sprucecrow, I did it!! I’m swimming!” He yowled to his mentor excitedly.

Old April 28th, 2022, 11:15 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Sprucecrow | He/They| @miiiwu | WC: 109
It was rather apprehensive waiting for him to figure out his ‘footing’, but he did it. They slid into the water behind him, enjoying the cool feeling over his brown pelt. He circled wide around Troutpaw, giving him plenty of space to move, but also being close enough to step in if something went wrong.

“You’re doing great!”
They praised calling out to him.
“Try doing some circles.” He suggested. A cold breeze rocked the pond, creating small waves in the water. He watched slightly worried about how his apprentice would handle it.
Old April 29th, 2022, 10:22 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive

@Memento Mori @BirdieChirp

➵ [ brindlefeather | she/they/(it) ]

managing to catch another fish - a small minnow - brindlefeather stood up and gathered all the fish it had caught in its mouth. sharkpaw had caught one fish and it wasn't entirely sure what lynxfall had caught, but it should be enough. "o-okay..uh, i think we should..go..now." it said with a small gesture of it's tail, starting to make it's way back to camp.

artfight | ·characters· |pronouns.cc

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old April 29th, 2022, 11:13 AM
Ascending into light

Bump Policy: After one week, please.
My Mood: Dead

❦ Lynxfall (he/they) | RiverClan Warrior ❦

❥ Listening in on his teams plans on heading back, Lynxfall gave a quick nod. “Right! I’ll be back!” Once again leaving the group, he went back to gather the frogs he’d caught. ‘Six frogs should be good.’ They thought to themselves as they caught up with the other two, wagging their tail. Padding back towards the camp, they felt kinda happy with their catch even though frogs weren’t the most delectable things on the menu, and they were very excited to finally wash the mud off of their fur.

@sid @BirdieChirp

link... you must find me.
character siterp policyrp tracker

Old April 29th, 2022, 08:16 PM
hi im new here

Quote:
Sprucecrow | He/They| @miiiwu | WC: 109
It was rather apprehensive waiting for him to figure out his ‘footing’, but he did it. They slid into the water behind him, enjoying the cool feeling over his brown pelt. He circled wide around Troutpaw, giving him plenty of space to move, but also being close enough to step in if something went wrong.

“You’re doing great!”
They praised calling out to him.
“Try doing some circles.” He suggested. A cold breeze rocked the pond, creating small waves in the water. He watched slightly worried about how his apprentice would handle it.

Troutpaw began paddling clumsily around, diligently circling the brown tom. The grey apprentice shivered as the cool breeze passed. The small waves cause him to bob up and down, forcing him to focus on keeping his head above the water. He snorted as a bit of water got into his nose. Feeling nervous at the sudden current, he hesitated for a moment before he was ready to continue swimming.

“Okay, uh,” he responded as he began paddling clumsily around, diligently circling the brown tom.
“I think I can do it!” He felt his legs falling into a rhythm, kicking him through the water at a steady pace.

(ooc so sorry for the late response!! Been busy irl lately)

Last edited by miiiwu; May 2nd, 2022 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Wrote the same thing twice in different paragraphs, the “okay uh”