Last post by Estelle
Today 06:46 PM
ThunderClan Undercrag
by dino.
Last post by Starfall
Today 06:41 PM

Old January 9th, 2024, 12:19 AM
VM me STARS

Bump Policy: Whenever you think is appropriate.
My Mood: Angelic

Default Re: Twilight Falls

Fallowpaw shut her eyes tightly, she searched for a scent of any prey, the gushing waterfall wasn't helping either, she began slowly walking towards the opposite direction of the sound of the waters, after what felt like 5 tail lengths the waterfalls sounds dimmed and she was able to focus her hearing on the rustling nearby.

She dropped into the hunter's crouch searching for sounds, she heard tiny paws rustling in the undergrowth a tail length away from her, slowly turning towards the sound she began moving forwards wobbly, when she was close enough she bunched her muscles and sprang towards the sound.
Old January 9th, 2024, 05:43 AM
I WANT MY BAGELS TvT

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Hungry

Watertail sniffed, standing up and padding to the waterfall, blocking the roaring sound from his tiny and sensitive ears, the large tom sniffed around, spotting a water vole. "Good enough" Watertail grumbled to himself, he flicked his long tail high and Orangepaw shot out, leaping at the Water vole while the little creature was focused on Watertail's scent and not Orangepaws. Seeing Orangepaw's long claws scratch its spine while his sons teeth ripped out the little things throat. "Good job!" Watertail praised. Seeing his son panting a lot he rushed over and rubbed his back, "Calm down, it's a waterfall not a crater of badgers. Is your throat ok?" He asked his son softly.

Orangepaw nodded softly, accepting his fathers loving and concerened rubs. "I'm ok."

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa
@/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here"

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old January 9th, 2024, 08:21 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Scorchedfang's command saw Deadmoon, like most of the rest of the clan, stumbling away from the thrumming of the falls. She tried to be more aware of the vibrations of the earth along with her sense of smell and hearing, but how successful she was......not so sure. Regardless, she soon made it far enough away from the water that it seemed like a sensory wasteland. The ground was still, just a faint pounding ringing in her ears from the falls, and she couldn't smell much beyond simple meadow sounds. Except........over there. A soft breeze floated the scent of a vole in her direction, and she almost gave herself a crick in her neck with how fast she turned around.

Doubting that she would be lucky enough to scent anything else if she didn't go for this, Deadmoon did her best to move in the general direction of her quarry. She didn't hear any panicked squeaking so it probably wasn't aware that she was after it yet, but she didn't really know. When the scent was strong enough to be considered within a few foxlenghts she assumed a crouch. She was no close enough to hear it now, scuffling about in the grass, and got a better idea of where it was. Not that that said much, thus far she had simply been following the scent and tripping over every single root and rock in her path.
Old January 9th, 2024, 05:41 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Swiftfire-Warrior-She/Her
Purrk(s): Ultimate Predator

Event Post

Swiftfire didn't take the rejection to heart as she padded to the far side of the falls on her own. It was a competition, she reminded herself. Any warrior worth their stuff would want to prove it now. She wasn't too worried about the competition herself. But the Clan would eat well from their efforts, and that was what Swiftfire wanted to focus on.

She paused as she felt the brush of leaves on her back, and she leaned back, brushing her whiskers and cheek against the prickling leaves. Holly? She touched her nose to a leave and jerked her head back as a spine caught the tender flesh. She lapped her tongue over her nose a few times. No blood. But doing so seemed to sharpen her sense of smell, and beneath the crisp woody holly bush, Swiftfire sniffed the air deeply, her ears pricked for the sound of any rustling nearby. She flexed her paws, the pink and black pads pressing into the ground.

She didn't need sight to hunt. And soon, she could smell water vole. She waved her nose in the air like a snake before she finally turned to face the direction it was coming from, creeping through the lowest branches of the holly bush slowly and methodically. She paused at the edge of it. The scent had grown sharper. She felt a stick move to her left, and a tiny rustle of leaves, and Swiftfire pounced.
Old January 10th, 2024, 04:46 AM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

s o f t s o n g
she/her - 98 moons - WindClan - aroace
Softsong closed her eyes and dropped into a crouch, making sure to keep well away from the waters edge. She wasn't mousebrained enough to fall in, but still, it put her on edge to be so close. Once she'd put a little distance between both the water and her clanmates, she opened her mouth to take in the scents of the territory around her.

There.
The sweet scent of warm-blooded prey - water vole if she had to guess based off their surroundings, but it could have just as easily been mouse or shrew. She stilled, trying to figure out where it was based on scent and feeling alone. Her hearing was basically useless but she pricked her ears regardless. Making her best guess, she stalked towards it, ready to jump at her prey.

Last edited by lesbianism; January 10th, 2024 at 04:46 AM.
Old January 10th, 2024, 07:35 AM

Status: I'm a sad zombie cause Muskratpaw was marked missing even though she shouldn't be missing.
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Swanpaw followed the scent of the other cats. Once she arrived the six moon old listened closely to Scorchedfang. She didn't do anything when Scorchedfang told them to close her eyes because her eyes were already closed. That was because the sun was out and the sun burned her eyes so she kept them closed whenever she did go outside when the sun was out, which she rarely did. Even when she could have them open during the day she couldn't see very well at daytime, so she was used to relying mostly on her other senses. Not being able to hear very well would make this harder though... She sniffed for prey, smelling what she thought was a water vole. She took off running, as since she could barely see during the day even when the sun wasn't out she didn't bother to try to sneak up on it. She would pounce once she thought she was close enough had the prey not managed to outrun her. If she landed on the prey she would bite it on the neck, killing it.
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; January 11th, 2024 at 08:15 PM.
Old January 11th, 2024, 03:05 PM
just feel the rock

Bump Policy: don't bump, please understand!!
My Mood: Paranoid

A fox-eyed offwhite she-cat, with brown, black, dark gray speckles, and blue/green heterochromia.

VC: a light Hungarian + British accent; a purr after every "r."
Maplepaw quickly caught up with everyone else once she had heard that there would be a hunting challenge. Perhaps this could be a good way to practice her skills, even though she does not have any.
Well, perhaps I have a tiny speck of knowledge on hunting, so I shouldn't really be downgrading myself.

I mean, all that knowledge was forced on me by my dear mother.
Speaking of Maplepaw's mother...
Asterblink seemed to be here too.

Maplepaw narrowed her eyes. Is this where Asterblink had been all this time? They had missed her and Swanpaw's apprentice ceremony just so they could catch a mere rabbit?

Maplepaw's pupils dilated into slits.
I'll show her I'm useful.
She crouched down, and closed her eyes, since that was what everyone seemed to be doing, then she closed her eyes.

Colors bloomed all around her head.

There was the scent of Swanpaw, Softsong, Swiftfire.. Fallowpaw . . .

.. and the scent of rabbit.

Maplepaw silently followed the scent.
This will show how important I am.
More important than a fox-dunged mouse.
When she felt that she was close enough, Maplepaw bunched her shoulders.

She leaned closer to the ground...
and pounced.
3/100

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd

Old January 12th, 2024, 04:04 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Dunecall
Windclan
40 moons old | he/him

The Collector

Dunecall had the thought that trying to hunt without the sense of hearing and sight was a loss of energy and time, but who knew if that couldn't be the opportunity for some young cats to train their smell more easily? Every warrior knew that when a sense was shut down, the other ones would sharpen. And an apprentice in particular had caught Dunecall's attention, because he was aware that the young'un didn't have any experience in hunting yet.

He closed his eyes, and instantly decided to follow her. Blindly, he slowly set each foot ahead of the other and sniffed the air for Maplepaw's characteristic odor. He knew where she was heading, so he quickly caught up to walk beside her.
"Careful to the ground's consistency... if you break up any twigs, your prey will know it." He instructed in a whisper, not daring to open his eyes to break the rules.

There was something close, something small. He sniffed the air. Like a tiny, little mouse scuttling right there. And just when the odor became instantly stronger, he moved from his stony position and unsheathed his claws, stretching his legs ahead of himself.

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old January 13th, 2024, 12:15 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

the following contains prompts!
they are optional, and follow the content of your post(s)
to the best of my sleepy brain cells.
while i ask you respect the rolls generated,
you do not need to follow the prompts -
just figured they'd be more fun and interesting to read if folks chose to adhere to them instead of solely giving a list of numbers.
:heartbounce:

Mistyfalls [ @Ravenswings ] rolled a 54!
Despite her struggles, it seems lady luck is on her side. She catches a mouse. Well done!

Swiftfire [ @Tiabirb ] | Ult. Predator | rolled an 89 and an 85!
Whoops! As she passes through the holly bush, even the slightest rustling of leaves appears to have scared the vole off.

Hogstrike [ @Fritter ] | Ult. Predator | rolled a 66 and a 50!
His leap strikes true... and takes out two birds who were close together!

Lichensprout [ @collapsing stars ] rolled a 10!
Hope has yet to lead Lichen astray. Following the trail leads to a catch!

Fallownose [ @Lillith ] rolled a 66!
For once, StarClan must've heard his prayers. Or maybe it was just the need to impress his beau. Either way, Fallownose is successful in getting his mouse!

Asterblink [ @KataroAndTheHeather ] rolled an 80!
Good news! He does not, indeed, look like an idiot. The rabbit does though, tripping over a stick in its panic to get away. Thankfully, no one's around to see such a sad display, and Asterblink can catch it without further incident.

Brightpaw [ @MockingRabbit ] rolled a 79!
Be careful what you wish for! A thorn pays Brightpaw a visit, and she loses the scent trail she was following.

Ravenwing [ @al3cc766 ] rolled a 9!
He doesn't hit a tree head on, but it's close! A low hanging branch clips the top of his head, and the sound of moving leaves alerts nearby prey to his presence. Oops! Better luck next time?

Bravebird [ @tallulah ] rolled a 21!
The spray from the water is not Bravebird's friend, and as she adjusts her footing she finds herself slipping. Thankfully, it's not toward the water, but her paws scuffing on the ground does alert nearby prey to her presence.

Blizzardpelt [ @arrow. ] rolled a 28!
Fortunately, he does not alert the rabbit and catches it. Good job!

Bearpelt [ @Katiethewolfchild ] rolled a 43!
As Bearpelt nears the vole, her paw unexpectedly drops into a hole and she stumbles. The noise scares the vole off! Well, hopefully her paw's okay.

Adderpaw (Snakepaw) [ @Katiethewolfchild ] rolled a 61!
It seems her breathing has foiled her once again! The shrew could hear it despite her efforts, and darted out of reach before she landed. With any luck, she'll recover from being winded quickly!

Caterpillarpaw [ @Katiethewolfchild ] |BLIND | rolled a 73 and a 70!
Caterpillarpaw got lucky! In the young mouse's confusion of having a cat charge it, it didn't escape in time and her teeth met its mark.

Foxpaw [ @Katiethewolfchild ] rolled a 17!
Her leg has been her undoing! :( Her pounce was clumsy, and alerted the robin long before she landed. Maybe next time will be better.

Birdpaw [ @Katiethewolfchild ] rolled a 73!
The rabbit is in no mood to deal with Birdpaw. As she dashes toward it, it kicks dirt toward her face and bounds off into the grass - leaving her in the dust.

Crowtooth [ @Rani ] rolled a 11!
He waits. And he waits. And he waits.
Much like @/panchiko, the mole doesn't pick up the phone and he's left on read. :(

Snowybreeze [ @Alchemist Kitsune ] | H. Perception (smell) | rolled a 7 and a 10!
Unfortunately for Snowy, the vole does spot him - but it's only once he's almost on top of it. He manages to catch it with little issue!

Spottedpaw [ @TheLostAmongTheStars ] rolled a 66!
She found something! The scent trail leads to her acquiring a sparrow. Nicely done!

Nightpaw [ @SpiritWolf_yt ] | BLIND | rolled a 73 and a 9!
Though the scent might lead to a hole, the entrance to the hole itself has nothing - Nightpaw finds herself biting dirt. Yuck!

Littlepaw [ @Leafy ] | Ult. Predator | rolled a 52 and an 84!
She discovers a small mouse nest, and catches two mice in one go.

Redspring [ @chickadee ] rolled a 77!
Stalking is possible while blind.. but Redspring just isn't very good at it. He stumbles over a rock, spooking the rabbit into flight.

Littleshock [ @Poprock ] |Ult. Predator | rolled a 98 and a 3!
Pride isn't her downfall this time around! And it's given her slightly better luck than her friend, as she manages to catch a shrew.

Deadmoon [ @gs29513 ] rolled a 38!
Deadmoon continues to do great at not tripping over everything, and before she knows it the vole's dead in her grasp!

Softsong [ @lesbianism ] rolled a 78!
She leaps... SHE SCORES!!! Softsong killed that mouse like she killed Coyote's dreams of drowning her. :)

Swanpaw [ @Katiethewolfchild ] rolled a 73!
Oh no! Swanpaw running at the vole only startles it, and it darts out of her grasp.

Maplepaw [ @KataroAndTheHeather ] rolled a 85!
Practice makes perfect! ... Maplepaw just needs some more. Her pawsteps were too clumsy against the frosty snow and alerted the rabbit of her presence. It dashes off into brush.

Dunecall [ @Wingnettle ] rolled a 22!
Like a boss, Dunecall's paw snatched the mouse from its hiding spot. Nicely done!
------------------------------------

Once Scorchedfang was certain no one was in danger of falling in the water, he focused his attention on Rabbittuft [ @Red_Fang ] and Fallowpaw [ @Starii]. Both cats had gone missing, and to his knowledge had yet to gone through the proper channels to rejoin.

"Rabbittuft, Fallowpaw." Firmly, he called the duo over - not interested in them participating if they were not interested in respecting Clan rules. Until Fallownose or Twilightstar gave the OK, they should not be here. "I am not going to pretend I understand your thought processes, but neither of you are currently in our Clan and thus should not be here. Get out of my sight before I drive you out the hard way."

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old January 13th, 2024, 04:00 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 43 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

He waited..... And waited..... Nothing.

Damn moles! He knew they were in there, the tom could smell it but nothing! Well if they werent going to go out, he was going to come in.

Driving paws into the hard soil with a wince the tom unsheathed his claws and tore up the softened dirt where the mole had dug its burrow. Letting the softened areas already dug by the rodent guide where he tore up the soil then letting his nose guide him on the correct burrow path to the mole he dug and dug, lunching forward to snap at the holes he was excavating if he heard so much as a squeak from an unearthed soon to be prey piece.

......He could feel a stressed, dry and cold paw pad slightly cracking however, tactics would need to change soon.

Have a kittypet/outsider who needs healing? Vm me!

Last edited by Rani; January 13th, 2024 at 04:00 PM.