Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan > RiverClan's Trials

Notice
ThunderClan Medicine Cat Applications are open!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: None
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingstar
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
ShadowClan Grimpeak
by BEAR.
Last post by Luminous
Today 07:00 AM
ThunderClan Clearing
by dino.
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 05:01 AM
ShadowClan Warriors' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Daragca
Today 04:27 AM
WindClan Patrols
Last post by QueenOtter
Today 04:22 AM
i want to know what love...
by Aroogi
Last post by Daragca
Today 04:11 AM

Old July 28th, 2024, 08:28 AM
The silliest of sillies

Bump Policy: At any time
My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: RiverClan Mountain Territory

Beaverpaw-He/Him
6 Moons
9/100

-------------------

Beaverpaw watched as Falconflight went off.
Oh noooooo.

He didn't know what he was doing!
He didn't know how to hunt!

He was still standing there in a bit of a panic when Falconflight got back.
"I dunno how to hunt." He quickly said skittishly.
He was just apprenticed, of course he didn't know yet!

@Morrigan

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue-Whitekit(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan)
Old July 28th, 2024, 10:12 AM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Falconflight
Riverclan warrior
Purrks: Heightened Perception-Sight(Permanently active)

Oh great. Now he had to train a random apprentice because their mentor couldn't be bothered to actually train them. Mabye he should file a complaint. "You should have said so before we left." Falconflight muttered through the fur of the mouse he was holding. It would've been easier if Beaverpaw had just said so in the first place, then he'd have more time to train them.

With a roll of his orange hues, the warrior placed his catch down and demonstrated a hunting crouch. "Keep your tail off the ground but not so high that prey can see you, keep your paws spread out so you fall over and tread lightly. Follow a scent til' it gets stronger. Oh, and stay down wind." A bit rushed mabye but Falconflight just wanted to go home...and mabye complain to Fadingstar about incompetent mentors.

@Idiotic.Bean101

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Last edited by Morrigan; July 28th, 2024 at 10:13 AM.
Old July 28th, 2024, 10:53 AM
The silliest of sillies

Beaverpaw-He/Him
6 Moons
10/100

------------------

"Sorry!" He said quickly.
Oh he hoped he didn't think Duskleaf was a bad now, he was just freshly an apprentice and he had trained him once so far!
Being head lionheart probably made for a busy cat!

Beaverpaw copied what Falconflight was doing and listened carefully.
"Okay, um, thank you." He said quietly.
Maybe now he could actually be useful in this patrol now.
He felt bad for mentioning it too late, but, at least he mentioned it at all, right?

@Morrigan

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Rapid Recovery-Raccoonsun(RiverClan), Silver Tongue-Whitekit(ThunderClan), Chill of Death-Leopardpaw(WindClan), Dreamwalker-Ravenpaw(ThunderClan)
Old July 28th, 2024, 10:00 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Adderstrike
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
@Neptune. @Epiales

Right well Frostmelt didn't show up but Adderstrike need to go out and look for Dusklion. She needed to search a wide breath of the territory which was easy for her, she could run forever and a day but she wondered about Larkstar. Adderstrike never really seen her run around much, hopefully she could keep up! "Come on Larkie I don't think that Frostmelt is coming and we are wasting daylight." Adderstrike said as she ran out into the wild of their lands.

So where was the first place that Adderstrike should look for amongst these lands? Well she had no clue what Dusklion was doing before hand. This would have been really helpful information but no Dusklion had to not say where she had gone off to. How rude. Well putting that aside for right now, Adderstrike spied a small peak that they could climb up to in a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps while others were following their nose Adderstrike could use her eyes to spot Dusklion. The only problem was that it was a bit rough of a climb to get to the top. Lots of jumping they would have to do, but this didn't deter the little spitfire as she started her way upwards. "Let's get a better point of view ok?" Adderstrike said looking back, realizing she hadn't said what she was doing yet.
Old Yesterday, 04:18 AM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

┆彡 T H E S I N - E A T E R ☆
HE . HIM . 55 MOONS . RIVERCLAN WARRIOR
heavily scarred & slightly malnourished black tom with white speckles; cloudy light amber eyes. walks with a prominent limp & has protruding fangs that overlap his bottom lip.

content + interaction warning : this character frequently explores themes of mental health, complex trauma, and abuse

└➤ ⌗ @Seamrog @DdeongJoongie_Tanghulu
| apologizes this took a bit;0;

the oriental walked slowly through the grass, his nose pressed up against the ground whilst he followed. at the very least with patrolmates he had to worry less about where he was stepping, able to follow the sound of their pawsteps - it let him focus on the true concern. dusklion. it was shocking the she-cat had simply managed to disappear in seemingly thin air.

wormbite's tail swished back and forth, jaws parting slightly to scent better. he severely doubted his sense of smell was better than the two he was with. the major difference was he didn't have the distraction of eyesight. unfortunately, that didn't seem to matter considering all he could truly make out was the earthy scent of soil & fresh grass. there was the faint trail of a shrew, perhaps or maybe a vole. dusklion or any signs were nowhere to be. he shook his head in response to duskleaf's question.

he frowned, ears flattening in disappointment before willowtail piqued up. he straightened himself, walking over towards her. sniff, sniff. sure enough, the warrior stood to be correct. "ah, afraid it does appear to simply be remnants of an older exploration she must have went on. at least we know she does come over this way," wormbite commented, pulling back to continue his search.

the warrior would trail a bit away from the other two. this situation was surely a head-scratcher. he's only grateful they weren't at least finding bits of her blood, or fur. it lowered her survival chance, especially as time ticked by. after a while, he would finally pipe up with a saddened, "no luck."
★ ULTIMATE PREDATOR ★ JUST A SCRATCH ★ SHADOW FIEND ★ SURVIVAL INSTINCTS

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- the sleepy consumes me --
pronouns.cc

Last edited by wolfie; Yesterday at 04:19 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 PM
Master of bad jokes

Gender: Demigirl (she/they) but I don't mind (she/her) either :)
Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Sleepy

Falconflight
Riverclan warrior
Purrks: Heightened Perception-Sight(permanently active)

Sitting back on his haunches, Falconflight gave a flick of his tail to dismiss his apprentice "Yeah, yeah, you're welcome. Now go an catch something so we can go back to camp." He huffed with exasperation. The sooner they could turn in prey, the better. Oh, great, now his mouse would get cold, ugh.

@Idiotic.Bean101

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old Yesterday, 01:22 PM
The silliest of sillies

Beaverpaw-He/Him
6 Moons
11/100

------------------

Beaverpaw gave a quick nod before he went to do as told.

He checked for scent.
There was... definitely something.

He creeped to see what it was.
A... vole?
That's probably what that is.

He crouched and tried to go towards it without being noticed.
[roll=15]
[success]

Now he pounces, right?
Yeah.
Beaverpaw pounced, and bit into the vole.

Oh!
He did it!

He picked it up and quickly went back over to Falconflight.

@Morrigan

ART SHOP!
PURRKS:
Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Adderstrike
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
@Neptune. @Epiales

Right well Frostmelt didn't show up but Adderstrike need to go out and look for Dusklion. She needed to search a wide breath of the territory which was easy for her, she could run forever and a day but she wondered about Larkstar. Adderstrike never really seen her run around much, hopefully she could keep up! "Come on Larkie I don't think that Frostmelt is coming and we are wasting daylight." Adderstrike said as she ran out into the wild of their lands.

So where was the first place that Adderstrike should look for amongst these lands? Well she had no clue what Dusklion was doing before hand. This would have been really helpful information but no Dusklion had to not say where she had gone off to. How rude. Well putting that aside for right now, Adderstrike spied a small peak that they could climb up to in a reasonable amount of time. Perhaps while others were following their nose Adderstrike could use her eyes to spot Dusklion. The only problem was that it was a bit rough of a climb to get to the top. Lots of jumping they would have to do, but this didn't deter the little spitfire as she started her way upwards. "Let's get a better point of view ok?" Adderstrike said looking back, realizing she hadn't said what she was doing yet.

Larkwing
~<>~
24 moons || she/her || RiverClan Warrior || Kitty Softpaws, Mind Reader, Beefed Up T2
scarred, scrawny dilute tortoiseshell; green eyes

Larkwing doesn't say anything, but she follows silently after Adderstrike, simply nodding in response. Truthfully, Dusklion's disappearance had worried her a little bit. What would RiverClan do if she never showed back up? Would they be forced into forever changing deputies? It was better than forever changing leaders as they've been doing up until now, but it wasn't ideal.

Once they were a little higher up, Lark opened her mouth to scent the air but there was no trace of Dusklion's scent anywhere... she couldn't even see signs of a struggle as she looked around.

"Maybe she just wandered off..." she suggests, but there's little conviction in the statement.
Old Yesterday, 04:06 PM
kitty of stars

Bump Policy: every 24 hours
My Mood: Distracted

REDWATER
// RC // Warrior // She/Her // 21 Moons //
[size=2][ PURRKS: Agatha Kitty [color=Lime Green]ACTIVE[/color] ]

*~*

Redwater took the back of the patrol, keeping quiet and to herself. She watched Ryesong and Eveningthaw carefully, taking note of their moods. Ryesong kept talking—quite annoyingly, if she was honest—and she could tell Evening wasn’t really listening. Ryesong is a little too cheerful…maybe it’s just me being pessimistic. Probably. She took in a breath. Quit being distant. Red told herself angrily. ”H-hey. Eveningthaw, Ryesong. This may seem random. But what do you prefer to hunt—fish or land prey? I prefer fish. Taste better when you catch ‘em.” Redwater grimaced visibly. That sounded better in my head… you idiot. Eveningthaw and Ryesong will think you’re a mouse-brain. Not that you aren’t one. Oh no. That dark voice again. It had plagued her ever since her brother’s death, whispering darkness into her mind, darkness that would never disappear.

Red kicked a pebble, and it skittered down a short hill. we are here.Of course we are here. Unfortunately. You’ll probably flunk and catch nothing. That’ll ruin your chances of becoming a Lionheart. Who would even think you would make Lionheart? You are weak, path—Redwater shook away the dark voice in her mind and looked out over the territory, the rocks and the tough grass. She missed her home, the marshes, the willows, the streams, the reeds. At least the sky was open here. Red looked up at the sky. Clouds danced across the startling blue, and Red waited for a memory of her brother to appear in her mind. Red blinked. She stared at the field below her. Nothing. What. A. Blessing. She swallowed, then followed her Clanmates down the slope. Instantly, prey scents overwhelmed her, and Red thankfully accepted the distraction from her terrible thoughts.

[ Rolling… 18/20 = Successful ]
”I’ll hunt over here.” Red said to Eveningthaw, then padded over to a brook, surrounded by small stones and soft grass. She sniffed the water, then submerged her paws into the chilly water. She let out a sigh of relief as her sore pads soaked up the liquid. Redwater had always loved water. The coolness of it, and the feel of it washing over her crimson pelt. The brook was deep enough for fish, so she searched the banks for a good enough place to sit. When she found one, in the shade of a large boulder, red padded over to it and sat down, looking into the brook carefully. A silver flash. Her quick senses took hold of the fish, and a swift paw struck the water with a splash, scooping the small creature out of the brook and onto the land. Red hunched over and snapped her fangs over the fish’s back, cracking it’s spine seamlessly. Wow. I am out of practice. Okay. Next. she buried the fish haphazardly, then…

[ Rolling… 9/20 = Unsuccessful ]
Red glared at the water. No more fish? I must have scared them all away with that terrible form. She made a mental note to practice and teach her apprentice proper fishing form. Standing, Redwater paced the area, searching the grass for some—THERE. Redwater’s head swiveled around and and she darted with speed into the grass. A small mouse shot out and disappeared into a near hole. Red let out a growl of frustration, staring into the dark mouse hole. It’s okay. Everyone makes mistakes. she thought before the dark voice could take over her mind. Red shook her fur, grass and dirt falling out of the shirt crimson hairs.

[ Rolling… 2/20 = Unsuccessful ]
Red sniffed the air, her powerful sense of smell searching the breeze for something satisfactory. The smell of another mouse reached her nose. Stars. Prey is plentiful today. It was a little confusing. The unforgiving landscape didn’t seem like a good home for many small creatures…not that she was complaining. Redwater silently creeped towards the smell. She could see the gray rodent, nibbling on some tiny item of interest. Closer… closer… anticipation pounded in Red’s throat. She couldn’t miss again, could she? SNAP. a brittle twig lay beneath Red’s paw. How had she not noticed that? She glanced up towards the prey—it had vanished. ”Of course. Of. Course.”

[ Rolling… 14/20 = Successful ]
Redwater was a little disappointed. She glared at her paws as she made her way back to the boulder. Prey scents still attacked her nose, practically begging her to catch every little creature that ran the field. A shrew. a big shrew. One. Last. Try. Redwater creeped around so the wind wasn’t blowing her scent at the rodent, and positioned herself just right to her pounce would be effective. She hoped. The shrew was busy, doing stars-know-what. Redwater approached quickly then slammed a paw down on the shrew, as it let out a shriek. She leaned down and nipped it’s neck, then picked up the small creature and carried it back to where she buried her fish.

Red uncovered the fish and picked it up with her shrew, and padded back to her patrolmates. ”I’ve got a shrew and a fish. I’m ready to head back to camp.” she said after dropping her prey on the rocky ground. She sat and waited for Evening and Rye to finish up. Good enough for being so out of practice.

[ INVENTORY: 2/5 — 1 trout; 1 shrew ]

[ @redshiftreign — Eveningthaw // @Shade. — Ryesong /// Tell me if I did anything wrong ]

Snowyfeathr, Myling, Desert Rain Frog, and AritheFiremaiden all live here. (they get wifi, books, snacks, treats, and all the awesome things)
Old Yesterday, 06:35 PM
fly

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum

Wrenseeker
~<>~
12 moons || she/her || RiverClan Warrior || Silver Tongue
long furred silver smoke she-cat; blue eyes

One of the perks of finally being a warrior was the privilege to go one solo patrols through the territory - even if this wasn't territory Wrenseeker was all that familiar with. Still, in the two-ish moons RiverClan had been stuck here for which Wren, personally, deemed there to be no reason (they should have stayed in the forest, chosen a new location for their camp that none of the other clans knew about and stuck it out as a show of strength), the rocky ground beneath her paws had grown to be familiar to the silver feline, if only a little bit. She still wouldn't say she knew each turn and each cranny like the back of her paw, but she knew it well enough.

Today's mission was simple - she wanted to fish in the river. Although the water was pretty fast moving, Wren was sure there would likely be some bigger fish there, maybe even salmon if she was lucky. Wren had always considered herself an excellent fisher, hell, when she was taking her assessment - even though it got interrupted - Dusklion had been very impressed with her catches! Wren told herself she didn't care what the deputy thought, she never even liked Dusklion, but, truthfully, the compliment made her glow with pride.

[roll: 10 - narrow miss]
Settling down by the water's edge, she squints her eyes as the fast moving water sprays her face, fur fluffed up against the chill of the water. Once, she spots a fish jump out of the water as it was heading downstream. She didn't make a grab for it, as the action had surprised her, but she kept her eyes peeled for the next time it happened, and then... she reached out with a forepaw, but the fish was a whisker's length away from the very tip of her claws.

Frustrating as this was, Wrenseeker doesn't let it deter her, the next fish will come and, when it does, she will be ready to grab it. Above, a bird calls, Wren doesn't know enough about the birds of prey to know if it's a hawk or an eagle, but it doesn't matter... it sounds a far way off. Settling herself again by the water, Wrenseeker keeps her eyes on the current and on the fish rushing occasionally by beneath.

[roll: 19 - success]
Her patience rewards her, and soon, a large trout springs out of the water - and close enough for her to grab, too! One of her claws digs into the scales as Wren scoops the fish from the air and onto the rocky shore, pinning it so it stops flopping around and biting it's throat out. It doesn't move after that. Satisfied, Wren licks the fish blood from her lips and kicks the trout a little ways away, just so it isn't as close to the river bank, and scoots back in position to fish up another trout or two.

It's when the next trout breaches the water that Wrenseeker realizes just how severely she'd miscalculated how close the raptor was to her. In the sky above, she hears a call and all her fur stands on end, crystal eyes open wide to the sky to watch as a golden eagle shoots down toward the freshly caught fish in her claws.

Wren doesn't think, and maybe that's the reason things went so south so quickly, but she engaged the bird and fights over her catch. She's by no means a small cat, but the eagle is massive, too, and it's talons are sharp as they cut into her arms, drawing blood that stains the rocks below and the air with the smell of iron.

"That's RiverClsn's fish!" She yowls indignantly over the sound of the bird's incessant squawking. Wren's claws connect with its chest, but she feels herself slip almost harmlessly between the slick brown feathers. The eagle, however, seems solely focused on stealing her trout from her, and Wren, for her part, is solely focused on not losing this prey. RiverClan needs all it can get.

Apparently frustrated with her, and miffed that she won't let it near the two trout she's caught, the bird starts fighting back, and, in a moment, Wren's vision goes sort of... black tinged with red, and only after two seconds does the pain hit her. She screams and she screams, lashing out, bust she can't seem to make contact with the bird again.

The bird, however, isn't done with her it seems, and sharp talons grip her foreleg and her neck, nearly squeezing the air out from her as sharp nails pierce the flesh on her neck. The next minute, Wren is weightless, and she knows better than to struggle now. The bird could drop her, and she has no way of knowing just how high up it brought her.

She doesn't worry for long, though, because she is once again weightless, but this time in a different way... the eagle dropped her. She plummets to the ground, and doesn't even have the time to scream or formulate a plan. The next second she collides with the rocky ground, her head slamming onto a sharp rock, blood pooling from the new wound. Sightless, sliced open eyes, blown wide in shock as her body stills with shock, the life seeping out of it until the silver feline is motionless by the river.

The only evidence of either trout she had caught that remains is the ripped off neck from the very first catch that day. What a shame... RiverClan could have used that food.