Old July 5th, 2024, 11:20 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Kit Corrals

[Littlekit]
​WindClan Kit
No Purrks

Anytime Littlekit was complimented, her chest puffed out with delight. One of these days, these compliments would feed her ego. She'd follow the pawsteps of perfection her mother -- Firestorm -- claimed. She'd make her mama proud! She'd be the perfect mini-me, even if she was a different color than her mama.

Dustbunny got down to business with the lesson. While Blazingkit may have blurted out a comment here or there, Littlekit took a quieter approach and only listened. Well, listened the best way a kitten could... selectively. Bugs. Ohohoh, that's something that Littlekit could get down with! Boy oh boy, did she enjoy the bugs! And this was a chance to find some underground?! Who knew they were even there?! She didn't!

Something about making piles, yada yada yada. Littlekit honed in on the demonstration before Blazingkit shot away and began digging a little hole. Well, she better get to it then! The dilute calico took a spot beneath a root, her tail waving with excitement at the thought of finding something fun. The ground under the root was fairly soft still, damp from condensation off the grass and bark. Her claws still tore through the soil, ripping up grass and tiny roots until she struck just soil and some pebbles.

Then it hit her, she hadn't been making a pile! Oh no! Bunny was going to be upset!

Littlekit popped her head up over the root to see if the warrior had been watching. Thinking she was being sneaky, the small feline piled up the dirt and roots she'd flung about and patted them into a mound. Content with that, Littlekit returned to the very shallow ditch she had started scrapping at. Careful paws sifted the dirt until Blazingkit's shouting made her pop her head up rapidly. BONK!!

"Ow!" She'd hiss before her eyes would look over at Blazingkit. A ROOT?! I HIT MY HEAD FOR A ROOT?! She'd shout in her mind but externally give Blazingkit a smile of approval. "Good job!" Littlekit then turned back to her ditch and continued digging and piling up the mound she began creating. Little by little the ditch became a shallow hole and- THERE IT WAS!

"SCREEE" She'd found her first worm! Littlekit carefully scooped it up and set it aside, watching it wiggle about for a moment. Her attention away from the hole to study how this creature worked. No eyes. No mouth? No legs? How on earth did it get around?!

@Moonraven - Dustbunny | @Weekend-Wondering - Blazingkit

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old July 7th, 2024, 05:51 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Dustbunny
Dustbunny sat back as Blazingkit commented throughout the lesson and Littlekit sat quietly listening and watching. The she-cat hummed in agreement here and there at Blazingkit's questions or comments. The two kits had such contrasting personalities, but they fit together perfectly. As they both began digging, Dustbunny observed them without a word. They both started perfectly, tearing through the grass and top layer of earth without any trouble or need of assistance from the tunneler.

Littlekit had been just tossing dirt every which way but corrected herself without Dustbunny needing to remind her. The she-cat's blue eyes shimmered with warm amusement as she watched Littlekit fix her mistake. Blazingkit's voice turned her attention back to the mackerel she-cat as she commented on the earth. She didn't seem to be calling for help, so she left her be. While the kits continued digging, Dustbunny licked the side of her forepaw and drew it over her ear repeatedly, removing some grit stuck there.

A common problem with tunneling is the dirt that gathers within their fur, it makes trying to remain clean a bit difficult. Dustbunny had always been grateful that she had been born with a darker pelt. Outside of grooming her ears, she never worried about cleaning the rest of her pelt. Plus, dustbaths were nice.

Her attention was diverted to the kits as Blazingkit squealed about locating a root, and Littlekit merely squealed. Littlekit pulled out a worm from her hole, Dustbunny was glad to see that she didn't try playing with it. "Wonderful, Littlekit, you found a worm. Strange little creatures aren't they." Dustbunny purred and then looked over at Blazingkit. She peered down at the small hole at the root the kit uncovered.

"Exellent, Blazingkit. I'm glad you didn't fall into the hole, that would have been a little scary." She told her. "I did when I dug my first hole, it had not been a fun experience." If it hadn't been for her mother, Dustbunny doubted she'd continue tunneling after that experience. But everything is more scary when you're small.

"You both have a great start to a tunnel." She praised. "Blazingkit, since you found your root, your lesson's over. Unless you have any more questions for me, do you want to look at the worm your sister found?"
@Weekend-Wondering [Blazingkit] @SuspiciousMindz [Littlekit]

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; July 7th, 2024 at 05:52 PM.
Old July 11th, 2024, 09:36 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
19 Moons - WindClan Medicine Cat
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive | Mind Reader - Active | Dreamwalker - Inactive

With their correct response, Lightningstorm soon beamed a grin of approval on the two kits, a purr of satisfaction rumbling in her throat. Good, good, these were the actually sit down and listen kind of kits. She had no problem with the feistier little ones, of course. The troublemakers, if you will. She had a feeling she'd been quite the pawful in her youth herself. However, it was too often that being a troublemaker seemed to be synonymous with not taking the time to learn things accurately. A real problem as far as she was concerned. If you were going to go around doing mischief, knowledge was an invaluable weapon. An asset that was too often ignored. Acornkit and Morningkit had the upper paw already!

"Right you are, loves! Now, as Morningkit has just mentioned, deathberries are... well, deadly. Warning's in the name, innit? Problem is, they are berries. Look proper delicious when you look at them. And, if you don't know any better, you can get into proper trouble thinking it's another berry to nibble on instead. Which is why it's best to not risk it. Instead, ask your mum, or any nursery queen. I am sure they will be delighted to assist you.

That said, deathberries aren't the only things you lot shouldn't be eating. You see, I work with herbs, right? And a lot of them? Well, they get to be eaten - in the amounts I prescribe - by warriors and apprentices. And sometimes even kits. The problem is, we are all different sizes, aren't we? True, I'm not a huge cat by any stretch of the imagination, but I've reached my full height I would think. Plus, my stomach's just used to all the different herbs by now. But a kit? You little ones are too young. Still growing. Not big enough for some of the herbs I use. So, even if a herb is a good herb and can save a warrior, it might still be deadly for kits."

Despite the she-cat's bluntness, her words were spoken in a playful tone. It wasn't Lightningstorm's intent to scare the kits so much as to squash away their curiosity, but they needed to be careful. An adventurous spirit needed a bit of forethought. A mind for safety. Couldn't extend your knowledge if you wound up dead due to careless recklessness.

"So, what have we learned about just eating any ol' thing we find, loves?"

@RamenThePigeon [Acornkit] | @GoldenDaffodils [Morningkit]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old July 12th, 2024, 07:43 PM
The Golden Daffodil

Bump Policy: After a day ^^
My Mood: Queenly

[ @Alchemist Kitsune // Lightningstorm + @RamenThePigeon // Acornkit ]

Morningkit seemed confused yet again. The lesson was over? Was it over? Nonetheless, the medicine cat had asked a question and it would be rude to not answer… “I learned that we should not eat everything we see in case the thing is bad for us or if it is more than a reasonable amount of the particular item than we can eat, like eating too much food and it causing you to be sick.” Morningkit didn’t realize how much she’d said until she finished, suddenly feeling like she said too much. Maybe they’d think she was a know-it-all.
Immediately, her ears flattened against her head. “D-did I say too much?” Morningkit mewed, her embarrassment gaze looking down to her trembling paws. She didn’t want to be seen as a talkative cat! Not by a higher ranked cat.
Ugh! Why was Morningkit being so sensitive now? She wasn’t this way around Frogkit. She shouldn’t be like this around Lightningstorm. A tear fell from her cheek before she noticed she was starting to tear up, and she quickly wiped it away with her paw.
Stop crying. It’ll only make you look worse than a talkative thing. You’ll be the crybaby of the bunch. She thought to herself, quickly trying to stop the trembling in her paws and sitting up straight and tall with the same confident smile she’d faked before.
Active Characters!
Morningkit - No Active Purrks
——————
Please help hatch these eggs <3

Last edited by GoldenDaffodils; July 12th, 2024 at 07:44 PM.
Old July 13th, 2024, 03:06 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

lilackit exists

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old July 13th, 2024, 07:19 AM
memento mori

Bump Policy: 2-3 Days
My Mood: Mellow

Cottonkit
he/him | Windclan Kit | 1 moons
Stowaway Child
Cottonkit liked it here, since he’d joined Windclan, things had only gotten better and better. He didn’t remember much from how Twilightstar had carried him into camp. Only that his real mama and siblings were gone, but that didn’t seem too bad. He liked the nursery, it was warm, soft and smelt like milk. Learning new things was fun too, he knew his own name now. The other cats names were hard to remember sometimes, but he definitely knew Twilightstar and Leopardsong. Cottonkit had wandered out of the nursery feeling particularly brave.

Headed towards a lush grassy clearing he heard other kits liked to play in. It was shaded but dapples of sunlight gently broke through the branches of the maple tree that towered above. Wiggling and tumbling over before plopping his haunches down looking around in wonder.

His small white tuft of a tail wiggling excitedly about what the day might bring.

[​​ @bigbxdwolfz ]

Art Shop | Owlthroat | Cottonkit
Owl's Romance Finder
Hiatus 1-12th August - Won't reply till back <3
Old July 13th, 2024, 07:30 AM

Bump Policy: Bump every 24 hrs, it's fine. Unless my mood is set to Busy.

[Whistlekit]

Kit\0 moons\Windclan
A sleek grey she-cat with dark flecks in her fur, and dull green eyes.

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

Whistlekit makes a small sound, more like a yip than a meow, and slowly opens her green eyes. Though they are a dull mossy color, maybe it's the way the joy and curiosity is clear on her face- they pop. Where was she? And there were so many different scents, it was almost overwhelming how strong they were. And the sounds of paws, and the rustling of the wind... Whistlekit takes a shaky step, then two. With more steps, her walking stabilizes until she's going at a decent pace, almost running on the ground.

"Sedgekit!" She meows, "Look! I'm going out, I'm going!" Soon, Whistlekit realizes she's moving too fast- she can't stop. She tries to move out of the way, but it's just not working. In the end, her soft body careens into another kit.

Tags:@Daragca /Cottonkit

Last edited by bigbxdwolfz; July 13th, 2024 at 08:46 AM.
Old July 13th, 2024, 07:44 AM
memento mori

Cottonkit
Stowaway Child
A soft bundle of fur bumped into his side and he quickly lost his balance. Toppling to one side with a gentle thud. Looking up to see another kitten, sleek and grey. Shyness made it hard to speak at first, he wasn’t the best at making friends. ”H..hello”, a small smile formed on his lips as his eyes began to twinkle with glee.

He hoped she was nice, she certainly seemed like fun. Similar in age to him possibly. Friends would be nice, they meant someone to pass the time with. Have fun whilst they worked to become big and strong warriors. Cottonkit wasn’t sure if he’d ever be a big warrior, he was quite small. But he’d certainly be fierce when he grew up.

[​​ @bigbxdwolfz ]

Owl's Romance Finder
Old July 13th, 2024, 11:12 AM

Bump Policy: Bump every 24 hrs, it's fine. Unless my mood is set to Busy.

[Whistlekit]

Kit\0 moons\Windclan
A sleek grey she-cat with dark flecks in her fur, and dull green eyes.

· · ─────── ·· ─────── · ·

"Oops! Sorry!" Whistlekit squeaks, finally coming to a full stop. Though she feels sorry about accidently knocking over someone, on the other hand, she's glad that she isn't moving around like a falling acorn any longer. She looks up, hoping she hasn't fallen onto anybody important, or anyone who looked busy. Like the big cats she could smell around the camp, for example. Luckily, the other cat appears to be around her own size. He's maybe a bit bigger, but not by much. Whistlekit scrabbles back to her feet with some difficulty, and starts licking herself clean. Her eyes go over Cottonkit curiously.

"Hello. I'm Whistlekit, who are you?" She asks.

Tags:@Daragca /Cottonkit

(Reposting cuz the tag didn't work for some reason.)
Old July 13th, 2024, 11:31 AM
memento mori

Cottonkit
Stowaway Child
Hesitating, unsure of what to say. Cottonkit’s giddy tail became an anxious twitch, would this cat judge him? Some Windclan didn’t seem to fond of the fact he wasn’t born here, something he was sure he had to be careful about. Whistlekit, what an unusual name, one he’d try to remember for sure. ”I..I’m Cottonkit, I wasn’t born here. T…Twilightstar found me”, if that wasn’t that convincing enough he paired it with the same grin he flashed at her before.

Nervously he shuffled his white paws underneath him, hoping that this would go well. Playmate or enemy, Cottonkit was yet to discover that.

[​​ @bigbxdwolfz ]

Owl's Romance Finder