by taillow
Last post by Tallstar
Today 01:12 AM
Theraphosa's Spider Den of...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:08 AM

Old January 13th, 2022, 06:40 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Cattail Pond

@Nixey
Figures that Reedpaw wouldnt know the most common herb that a medicine cat could use ugh. No no no that was mean Snakeheart didnt even know that herb until Coldamber taught him so long ago how would Reedpaw know it. Best he explain anyways. "Its important because its the only herb that can treat greencough. Sure tansy is good for prevention and Ill teach more on that later but if one get greencough its usually deadly unless you've got catmint." The medicine cat was lucky enough not to have lived through a proper outbreak yet but it was only a matter of time at this point.

"Greencough is a wet throaty cough that generally comes around winter that can be lethal to even healthy warriors much less kittens or elders. It spreads like mad and is the reason the medicine cats den has a side room away from the main one, if sick cats and non sick cats shared a den they'd all end up getting sick. Hell even if a non sick cat sleeps in bedding a sick cat slept in it could spread, its why I always refresh the bedding between patents and keep that moss pile."
The only real encounter Snakeheart had with greencough he'd accidentally spread it by not changing the afflicted kits bedding in the nursery, a mistake he wouldnt be making again.
Old January 15th, 2022, 03:37 AM
chirps

Hesitation that laced Shimmerpaw as she dug served to amuse Kestrelstar a bit, but the leader made no comment on it. Instead he sat right beside her and continued to dig around the roots. After a moment or two he finally revealed two roots untouched by the frost. They weren't much, but it would be something to bring back to Snakeheart.

"Now you'll want to pluck it right at the root. You don't have to get the roots out, just a majority of the stem and of course, the flower." Kestrel used his nose to point towards the bright yellow top of the stem. Using his jaws the leader leaned down and plucked the two brightly colored herbs and placed them gently on the ground beside him.

// @NinjaBloss
Old January 15th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Watch the world go by...

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewillow View Post
Dawnflower - Brittleshore @Brightlight
Dawnflower padded over to some cattails. She sat down and waited tell she spotted some fish.

(Sorry. Late response….)

—Brittleshore—

The grey elder watched the water with sharp eyes, waiting patiently. He remembering being an apprentice, and that the one mistake he would always make was reaching out too fast and scaring the fish away. But Brittleshore wouldn’t make that mistake today. His patience had grown too much for time.

A flash of silver scales caught his eye, and as quickly as he could Brittleshore scooped out a fish on the smaller side out of the water. It flopped around for a moment, but Brittleshore ended it’s suffering with one swift, clean bite. He set the fish aside for now, eyeing Dawnflower and wondering what she would catch.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Clearlight | Daykit | Nightkit | Rainburst
Brittleshore | Slatefrost | Molly | Revel
•-----------------------⋅☾☼☽⋅-----------------------•
Old January 15th, 2022, 06:25 PM
Love gets you hurt

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Shimmerpaw nodded as Kestrelstar explained how to pick the marigold and watched intently as he demonstrated. She would not mess this up and cause Snakeheart to lose valuable herbs that could save a cats' life in the future. The apprentice sucked in a breath in an attempt to calm her nerves before she carefully start picking around the roots in an attempt to find some good ones. She could only find one, which was a bit of a disappointment, but it was better than none.

Now came the hard part: extracting the root from the ground. Shimmerpaw carefully bent her head forward and began to chew at the roots, ever so carefully cutting the majority of the plant away from the ground. After what felt like moons she finally managed to pick up the whole plant and laid it on the ground next to Kestrelstar's. Whew, mission success!

@arden
Old January 16th, 2022, 03:15 AM
Dawnflower

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post

(Sorry. Late response….)

—Brittleshore—

The grey elder watched the water with sharp eyes, waiting patiently. He remembering being an apprentice, and that the one mistake he would always make was reaching out too fast and scaring the fish away. But Brittleshore wouldn’t make that mistake today. His patience had grown too much for time.

A flash of silver scales caught his eye, and as quickly as he could Brittleshore scooped out a fish on the smaller side out of the water. It flopped around for a moment, but Brittleshore ended it’s suffering with one swift, clean bite. He set the fish aside for now, eyeing Dawnflower and wondering what she would catch.
The calico she-cat sat patiently for a moment, waiting for a fish to come up out of the water. Dawnflower recalled a day when she was younger. Once a fish slapped her with its fins while she attempted to catch it. Dawnflower snapped out of her daydream fast enough to spot a chubby fish pop its head out of the water. The calico she-cat swatted the fish hard enough with her paws. The fish didn't like that very much then slapped the calico back but, Dawnflower caught the chubby fish. She looked over at Brittleshore, wondering if he had any funny stories about fish or prey hitting back.

(It's alright. Also, sorry if my wording or grammar is off. I'm not great at the details. But I try XD)

Dragons
Ocs
Finder
The one-time Willowpaw thought Frostheart was an elder.
Old January 16th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
The calico she-cat sat patiently for a moment, waiting for a fish to come up out of the water. Dawnflower recalled a day when she was younger. Once a fish slapped her with its fins while she attempted to catch it. Dawnflower snapped out of her daydream fast enough to spot a chubby fish pop its head out of the water. The calico she-cat swatted the fish hard enough with her paws. The fish didn't like that very much then slapped the calico back but, Dawnflower caught the chubby fish. She looked over at Brittleshore, wondering if he had any funny stories about fish or prey hitting back.

(It's alright. Also, sorry if my wording or grammar is off. I'm not great at the details. But I try XD)
(You’re fine!)

—Brittleshore—

Brittleshore stood as close to the edge of the water as he could. Alright. Alright. He could wait. He was patient enough. A noise caught his attention and Brittleshore turned, just in time to see Dawnflower caught a nice, fat fish. Good for her. That would useful, especially during leaf-bare.

Brittleshore turned towards the water again, just in time to see a flash of silver again. He reached his paw into the water, but alas, he was too slow. The fish darted away, scaring off several other fish nearby. He doubted they would come back for a while. Sighing, Brittleshore turned to Dawnflower. An idea suddenly came to his head.

“Dawnflower,” he meowed suddenly, “what do you think of hunting a school of fish together?” He had remembered doing this as an apprentice. A plan was already forming in his head, all Dawnflower had to do was agree.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Old January 17th, 2022, 08:51 PM
Dawnflower

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post

(You’re fine!)

—Brittleshore—

Brittleshore stood as close to the edge of the water as he could. Alright. Alright. He could wait. He was patient enough. A noise caught his attention and Brittleshore turned, just in time to see Dawnflower caught a nice, fat fish. Good for her. That would useful, especially during leaf-bare.

Brittleshore turned towards the water again, just in time to see a flash of silver again. He reached his paw into the water, but alas, he was too slow. The fish darted away, scaring off several other fish nearby. He doubted they would come back for a while. Sighing, Brittleshore turned to Dawnflower. An idea suddenly came to his head.

“Dawnflower,” he meowed suddenly, “what do you think of hunting a school of fish together?” He had remembered doing this as an apprentice. A plan was already forming in his head, all Dawnflower had to do was agree.
Dawnflower gave Brittleshore a friendly smile. "Sure, I've never tried that before, but it sounds like fun," Dawnflower spoke up.

Dragons
Ocs
Finder
The one-time Willowpaw thought Frostheart was an elder.
Old January 18th, 2022, 04:40 PM
Dogs Are Too Good For Us

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Bored

Pebblepaw walked near the pond just itching to swim.

Pebblepaw

But she hadn’t officially learned how to yet and with Horsetail be temporary demoted… she didn’t really have anyone to train her.

Pebblepaw

She planned of talking to her father about it, asking him for a lesson or two.

Pebblepaw

Now instead, she just sat by the clear, calm pond, bating at some cattails.

Pebblepaw

She let her thoughts and worried disípate, leaving her calm and energetic. She bounced back to camp but not before catching a small rabbit.

Pebblepaw

Bump me after 48 hours!

Last edited by BEAR.; January 18th, 2022 at 05:03 PM.
Old January 19th, 2022, 10:42 AM
Watch the world go by...

Quote:
Dawnflower gave Brittleshore a friendly smile. "Sure, I've never tried that before, but it sounds like fun," Dawnflower spoke up.
—Brittleshore—

Brittleshore nodded. “Alright, here’s the plan.” He said, getting up from his seated position and moving closer to Dawnflower. “We’re going to look for a school of fish, and then I’ll dive beneath the water to chase the fish up and towards you. You’ll be waiting on the side of the stream like how we usually fish, and hopefully be able to pick off a good number of them. Any questions?”

As he vocalized the plan, Brittleshore was quite excited. This was the first time in a long time that he had fished like this, so hopefully they would be able to get a good catch that would feed several cats.

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Old January 23rd, 2022, 01:13 PM
Dogs Are Too Good For Us

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Bored

Pebblepaw continued running but Frostpaw had gotten there a while before she had. Pebble jumped into the freezing water.

(I have to go, sorry)
@Raven~

Bump me after 48 hours!