Today 09:54 AM

Old December 27th, 2021, 06:06 PM
I'm BACK y'all!

Bump Policy: 72 Hours (3 Days)
My Mood: Sleepy
Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
"No swim for today, then, huh?" Morningfeather let out an annoyed groan, before shaking it off and padding close in to the pond, dipping their own paw into the water and feeling the coolness surrounding it immediately. They took their paw out straight away, scrunching up their nose and looking disgusted.
"You're right," they huffed, before sitting back and watching the water, hoping for a shadow of a fish to be cast soon.
"I don't think we're going to have much luck, but while we try, we can at least... talk." Morningfeather perked their ears, looking slightly excited about their own suggestion, not even considering that it may be denied.
Moonfrost flicked her tail as Morningfeather joined her. She flicked an ear to indicate that she was listening as she watched the water, looking for the tell-tale flick of silver that indicated fish.
Wolfsong sat on the other side of Morningfeather and stifled a chuckle. "I don't know how much talking Moonfrost will do, but I'm always happy to chat," she purred, amused. She paused and thought for a moment. "What do you think of everything that's been going on? How much do you know?"
~Shadowclan~ Spiritfire ~

I apologize for any delay in my replies, I work nightshift at the hospital.
Posting Schedule: Mon-RC | Tues-ThC | Thurs-WC | Fri-ShC

Want more info on my characters? Check here!
Old January 2nd, 2022, 12:48 AM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiztheHuntress View Post

Moonfrost flicked her tail as Morningfeather joined her. She flicked an ear to indicate that she was listening as she watched the water, looking for the tell-tale flick of silver that indicated fish.
Wolfsong sat on the other side of Morningfeather and stifled a chuckle. "I don't know how much talking Moonfrost will do, but I'm always happy to chat," she purred, amused. She paused and thought for a moment. "What do you think of everything that's been going on? How much do you know?"

Morningfeather looked at Moonfrost, tilting their head, before turning to look at Wolfsong instead. They fluffed out their tail, bowing into a stretch and making sure to be careful as they flexed out and unsheathed their claws, before returning to normal. The thought of all the recent events made it hard for them not to droop their ears.
"I know just as much as the next cat," they huffed, looking somewhat upset, ears flattening. "ShadowClan and what they're doing... I know there was the promise of it being peaceful for us, but I feel bad for Windclan." They mewed.

(Happy new year; sorry for late responses! Between seeing family and then getting a cold, it's been a little hard, but imtryingg!)
Old January 2nd, 2022, 06:13 AM
I'm BACK y'all!

Bump Policy: 72 Hours (3 Days)
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
Morningfeather looked at Moonfrost, tilting their head, before turning to look at Wolfsong instead. They fluffed out their tail, bowing into a stretch and making sure to be careful as they flexed out and unsheathed their claws, before returning to normal. The thought of all the recent events made it hard for them not to droop their ears.
"I know just as much as the next cat," they huffed, looking somewhat upset, ears flattening. "ShadowClan and what they're doing... I know there was the promise of it being peaceful for us, but I feel bad for Windclan." They mewed.

(Happy new year; sorry for late responses! Between seeing family and then getting a cold, it's been a little hard, but imtryingg!)
(Totally fine, I'm in the same boat lol)

Moonfrost smiled as Morningfeather tilted their head. She let out a... well, a sound that might have been an amused purr? It sounded more like a cat had scraped their claws across a hollow log. It wasn't very loud either. But regardless, Moonfrost was still smiling.

Wolfsong nodded as she listened to Morningfeather. "Yeah, Windclan really has it rough... It seems like they're a constant target." She focused her gaze on the water as a flash caught her eye. She leaned forward carefully, keeping her shadow from touching the surface of the pond, and raised a paw. Her eyes narrowed and a paw flashed out, hooking a silver fish from the water. It wasn't very plump, but it was an okay size. It would feed a queen and her litter.
~Shadowclan~ Spiritfire ~

I apologize for any delay in my replies, I work nightshift at the hospital.
Posting Schedule: Mon-RC | Tues-ThC | Thurs-WC | Fri-ShC

Want more info on my characters? Check here!
Old January 3rd, 2022, 03:16 PM
Dawnflower

My Mood: Stressed

Dawnflower - Brittleshore @Brightlight
Dawnflower padded into cattail pond along with Brittleshore. The calico sniffed at the air and smiled. She hadn't been out of the camp in a while being too afraid of the previous clan meetings. The she-cat was glad she wasn't alone she had Brittleshore alongside her. Dawnflower turned towards her newfound friend. "Shall we start?" Dawnflower asked.

Dragons
Ocs
Finder
The one-time Willowpaw thought Frostheart was an elder.
Old January 6th, 2022, 12:19 AM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBloss View Post
Shimmerpaw followed along quietly behind the leader, recognizing the route to Cattail Pond. When Kestrelstar asked if she recognized margiold the apprentice had a momentary flash of panic before she realized he most likely wasn't testing her. After all, why would a cat who wasn't Snakeheart's apprentice know what herbs looked like?

"Oh u-um no. I've never been on an herb patrol before," Shimmerpaw said quietly, glancing away from him. She knew she had no reason to be so nervous, but Kestrelstar was her leader for StarClan's sake, and the strongest cat in the Clan! The young molly really didn't want to embarrass herself in front of him, especially when she was close to becoming a warrior.

@spade
A first time herb patroller? That was exciting, and Kestrelstar offered her a small grin of reassurance. He was attempting to be nicer to the apprentices and kits of the Clan, though he only knew how to speak to them like adults and hated any attempts at kit-talk. "Oh? Then you've been spared a Snakebite lecture. He gets real antsy and yell-y if you don't report in on time. Not that you have to worry about that - if anything it'll be directed at me if we're late," he chuckled, knowing his brother all too well.

Taking another draw in of the scent around him, he watched as a puff of air exhaled from his lung in the form of a small cloud. "It's a rather springy plant, with a yellow flower-ball at the end. Usually in leaf-bare it's hard to find any, but I saw a patch growing nearby underneath a rather thick clump of bushes." Signaling with his tail Kestrelstar indicated for the young apprentice to follow him as he skirted the pond's edge, ducking to get a better scent of the ground under paw. There, just up ahead, the tiny tops of marigold could be seen and Kestrelstar halted. "Do you see it?" he asked, wondering if Shimmerpaw would be able to find it without him pointing it out.

Last edited by spade; January 6th, 2022 at 12:20 AM.
Old January 6th, 2022, 02:13 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Shimmerpaw listened intently to what Kestrelstar had to say, breaking a small smile when he called Snakeheart Snakebite instead. She was also grateful that he reassured her she wouldn't get in trouble if they were late, although she would still feel guilty about it.

The apprentice followed after her leader as she kept her ears pricked in attentiveness. She paused when he did, a sensation of nervousness filling her stomach when Kestrelstar asked if she saw the plant. What if she got it wrong and made a fool of herself? Or what if she didn't see it at all when it was right in front of her face?!

Realizing that she had stood frozen for a moment Shimmerpaw gave her chest fur a few quick licks in embarrassment before she actually started to look for the plant the leader had described. Ok... thick bushes with little yellow thingies on top... that shouldn't be too hard to spot with all this snow, right? she thought to herself, amber eyes squinted as she looked for any hint of the elusive plants.

Finally she spotted a couple little peaks of yellow under a bush and hesitantly raised a paw to gesture in its direction. "U-uhm, is that it?" Shimmerpaw asked nervously, completely unsure if she was right or wrong.

@arden
Old January 9th, 2022, 09:26 AM
Watch the world go by...

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewillow View Post
Dawnflower padded into cattail pond along with Brittleshore. The calico sniffed at the air and smiled. She hadn't been out of the camp in a while being too afraid of the previous clan meetings. The she-cat was glad she wasn't alone she had Brittleshore alongside her. Dawnflower turned towards her newfound friend. "Shall we start?" Dawnflower asked.
--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore nodded, smiling. He stretched himself out, reached out with his paws in front of him before padding over to the nearest pond. He observed it from afar, deciding where the best place for him to hunt would be. After a bit of thinking, he chose a place facing the sun. This way, his shadow wouldn't fall into the water, and he wouldn't scare the fish off.

Settling down, Brittleshore waited. Now all he had to do was sit patiently until a fish swam by. And then he could catch it. Out of the corner of his eye, Brittleshore glanced at Dawnflower. How well did she hunt, he wondered. How well...?

"I will do my best."
Bump in 48 hours!

Characters
Clearlight | Daykit | Nightkit | Rainburst
Brittleshore | Slatefrost | Molly | Revel
•-----------------------⋅☾☼☽⋅-----------------------•
Old January 9th, 2022, 06:08 PM
Dawnflower

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightlight View Post

--Brittleshore--

Brittleshore nodded, smiling. He stretched himself out, reached out with his paws in front of him before padding over to the nearest pond. He observed it from afar, deciding where the best place for him to hunt would be. After a bit of thinking, he chose a place facing the sun. This way, his shadow wouldn't fall into the water, and he wouldn't scare the fish off.

Settling down, Brittleshore waited. Now all he had to do was sit patiently until a fish swam by. And then he could catch it. Out of the corner of his eye, Brittleshore glanced at Dawnflower. How well did she hunt, he wondered. How well...?
Dawnflower padded over to some cattails. She sat down and waited tell she spotted some fish.

Dragons
Ocs
Finder
The one-time Willowpaw thought Frostheart was an elder.
Old January 10th, 2022, 03:19 PM
chirps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaBloss View Post
Shimmerpaw listened intently to what Kestrelstar had to say, breaking a small smile when he called Snakeheart Snakebite instead. She was also grateful that he reassured her she wouldn't get in trouble if they were late, although she would still feel guilty about it.

The apprentice followed after her leader as she kept her ears pricked in attentiveness. She paused when he did, a sensation of nervousness filling her stomach when Kestrelstar asked if she saw the plant. What if she got it wrong and made a fool of herself? Or what if she didn't see it at all when it was right in front of her face?!

Realizing that she had stood frozen for a moment Shimmerpaw gave her chest fur a few quick licks in embarrassment before she actually started to look for the plant the leader had described. Ok... thick bushes with little yellow thingies on top... that shouldn't be too hard to spot with all this snow, right? she thought to herself, amber eyes squinted as she looked for any hint of the elusive plants.

Finally she spotted a couple little peaks of yellow under a bush and hesitantly raised a paw to gesture in its direction. "U-uhm, is that it?" Shimmerpaw asked nervously, completely unsure if she was right or wrong.

@arden
Anxiety danced off the apprentice in waves, though Kestrelstar thought nothing of it. He recalled his own days as an apprentice, feeling like every question a warrior asked him was a test in some way, shape, or form. He had wanted his apprenticeship to go as smoothly as possible, and that meant avoiding making himself appear foolish at all. But if only he had known that becoming a warrior didn't hinge on unimportant stuff such as that.

"That's correct," Kestrelstar nodded as he led the way over to the path. His tail swayed low across the ground behind him, stopping just shy of the flowers. "Let's go ahead and pick some to take back to Snakeheart." With that he set to work digging around the path of flowers, clearing the frost away to retrieve the ones not soiled by the leaf-bare cold.

[ apologies for the shortness ;w; ]
Old January 10th, 2022, 07:52 PM
Engaged to Moonraven

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Devilish

Shimmerpaw let out a soft sigh of relief when Kestrelstar said she was correct. She somehow hadn't made a fool out of herself in front of the leader, but there was certainly still time for that. The apprentice followed Kestrelstar when he padded over to the patch of marigold and began copying his digging. She dug slower than the experienced tom because she was terrified of accidentally ruining one of the herbs which could save a Clanmates life.

@arden (it's ok mine is short too T-T)