Last post by Luminous
Today 02:35 AM

Old December 17th, 2021, 01:36 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
“I’m worried about WindClan as well, but it is concerning… if they are going to go to war with ShadowClan, how long will it be until RiverClan- our clan, might have to get involved?” They questioned in a serious tone, eyes narrowing and demeanor completely changing for a few moments, before they realised. They let out a light sigh, shaking their pelt out and chuckling to themself. “Oh, well. That’s not going to happen anytime soon; it’s better to stay positive, don’t you think? Maybe a war won’t happen at all, and everything will just be peaceful again,” they kept their mouth slightly open to breathe in the air, before yawning and stretching, their claws unsheathing as they grabbed at the ground, before returning to their normal stance. “There’s no real reason to worry. Everything will turn out alright.”
They struggled to pay attention to what Snowleap was saying at first. Their ears perked at the mention of going hunting with the tom however, as their mismatched eyes looked right into Snowleap’s, gleaming at the sound of the offer. “I would love to go hunting with you. I haven’t really asked other clanmates before, and they haven’t asked me; so it would be a nice change of pace.” They meowed cheerfully. They watched when Snowleap yawned again, Morningfeather flicking their ear a couple of times and blinking. They were about to ask another question, but kept their mouth shut for a few moments. They let out a small sigh of relief upon hearing Snowleap asking them to go back along to camp.
“I was going to ask you that,” Morningfeather meowed with relief. “I thought you looked a little tired, but was worried I was wrong. I’ll head back with you; it’s better to head back with a buddy as well, rather than alone.”
“Personally, I don’t think Kestrelstar will let Riverclan get involved,” Snowleap said, looking at Morningfeather with a soft gaze, “He wants everyone here to have a peaceful leaf-bare.” The tall tomcat trusted his leader and knew he wouldn’t get them involved in anything that could be avoided. However, the dark-furred warrior noticed how serious and tense their clanmate was towards the topic. It made Snowleap wonder if he would worry about the future more and not be so nonchalant when discussing it. He simply nodded as Morningfeather dismissed the morbid talk between them and remained positive. That’s all they could do in the meantime, right? “Everything will turn out alright.” Snowleap repeated what they said, except in a quiet voice, almost like he was reassuring himself alone about the whole situation. He took a deep breath and scratched at a pesky itch that appeared on the side of his fluffy neck.

Morningfeather’s response to his proposition made him smile. “It’s a lot of fun to hunt with others, trust me,” He meowed with a gentle purr stirring in his throat, “I went down to Lionsbeach with Dragonflyfrond to hunt gulls and we both had a wonderful time.” It was a fond memory for Snowleap to think back on, even though it happened only a few days ago. In the past, he mostly avoided socializing with anyone and just stuck to his own company, but it’s been exciting, meeting his clanmates and getting to know them personally. The tall warrior wondered if he’d form a friend-group here in Riverclan, or even find someone special in the future to make a family. Snowleap knew he was getting ahead of himself.

“Great minds think alike, I suppose,” Snowleap chuckled, stretching out his front paws as he stood up finally, “Come on then, I feel like Snakeheart wouldn’t be happy with us if we froze our paws out here for too long.” Something about Morningfeather calling him their ‘buddy’ made the dark-furred warrior feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He was finally making friends in his own clan. He was finally fitting in. Waving his tail as a ‘follow me’ kind of gesture, the tomcat started to make his way back towards the Riverclan, checking back to make sure his new friend was following.

Last edited by Captain; December 17th, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
Old December 18th, 2021, 01:34 AM
I'm BACK y'all!

Bump Policy: 72 Hours (3 Days)
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Cattail Pond

Wolfsong opened her mouth slightly, drawing the nearby scents over her tongue as she pushed through the rushes around Cattail Pond. She stepped onto the small shore, shaking her pelt to rid it of burrs and leaf-matter. She cast her gaze around the pond as her sister, Moonfrost, pushed through the reeds behind her, squinting as she pushed the plants aside with her muzzle.
Wolfsong smiled at her sister and looked back over her shoulder into the foliage. "Come on you two! This will be fun!" She purred excitedly as Moonfrost sat next to her and the pair waited for their companions to catch up.

( @PanVibes @Saeran Starter!)
~Shadowclan~ Spiritfire ~

I apologize for any delay in my replies, I work nightshift at the hospital.
Posting Schedule: Mon-RC | Tues-ThC | Thurs-WC | Fri-ShC

Want more info on my characters? Check here!

Last edited by Rizo; December 18th, 2021 at 01:34 AM.
Old December 18th, 2021, 10:57 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyo_driftin View Post
“Personally, I don’t think Kestrelstar will let Riverclan get involved,” Snowleap said, looking at Morningfeather with a soft gaze, “He wants everyone here to have a peaceful leaf-bare.” The tall tomcat trusted his leader and knew he wouldn’t get them involved in anything that could be avoided. However, the dark-furred warrior noticed how serious and tense their clanmate was towards the topic. It made Snowleap wonder if he would worry about the future more and not be so nonchalant when discussing it. He simply nodded as Morningfeather dismissed the morbid talk between them and remained positive. That’s all they could do in the meantime, right? “Everything will turn out alright.” Snowleap repeated what they said, except in a quiet voice, almost like he was reassuring himself alone about the whole situation. He took a deep breath and scratched at a pesky itch that appeared on the side of his fluffy neck.

Morningfeather’s response to his proposition made him smile. “It’s a lot of fun to hunt with others, trust me,” He meowed with a gentle purr stirring in his throat, “I went down to Lionsbeach with Dragonflyfrond to hunt gulls and we both had a wonderful time.” It was a fond memory for Snowleap to think back on, even though it happened only a few days ago. In the past, he mostly avoided socializing with anyone and just stuck to his own company, but it’s been exciting, meeting his clanmates and getting to know them personally. The tall warrior wondered if he’d form a friend-group here in Riverclan, or even find someone special in the future to make a family. Snowleap knew he was getting ahead of himself.

“Great minds think alike, I suppose,” Snowleap chuckled, stretching out his front paws as he stood up finally, “Come on then, I feel like Snakeheart wouldn’t be happy with us if we froze our paws out here for too long.” Something about Morningfeather calling him their ‘buddy’ made the dark-furred warrior feel all warm and fuzzy inside. He was finally making friends in his own clan. He was finally fitting in. Waving his tail as a ‘follow me’ kind of gesture, the tomcat started to make his way back towards the Riverclan, checking back to make sure his new friend was following.
“You’re right; everything will remain peaceful this leaf-bare, I’m sure of it,” Morningfeather said with a small twinge of worry hinted in their tone, though they so-desperately tried to hide this from the other cat. They let out a small huff, getting up from their sitting position. They shook out their fur and stretched, letting out a quiet yawn.
“I prefer hunting with others. It’s just, fun,” Morningfeather purred. They glanced at their sheathed, grey front paws for just a couple of moments, before turning their attention back to Snowleap.
“Great minds?” Morningfeather questioned, though it seemed more rhetorical than anything. They flattened their ears, but didn’t say anything else in response to what Snowleap said, trying to stay positive again. The more tired they got, the more negativity they could feel building up, just waiting to come out in one way or another. They nodded, following the fluffy-furred tomcat, making their way back to camp behind him.
(should we continue somewhere else with a timeskip?:0 )
Old December 19th, 2021, 10:59 AM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

RiverClan Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
“You’re right; everything will remain peaceful this leaf-bare, I’m sure of it,” Morningfeather said with a small twinge of worry hinted in their tone, though they so-desperately tried to hide this from the other cat. They let out a small huff, getting up from their sitting position. They shook out their fur and stretched, letting out a quiet yawn.
“I prefer hunting with others. It’s just, fun,” Morningfeather purred. They glanced at their sheathed, grey front paws for just a couple of moments, before turning their attention back to Snowleap.
“Great minds?” Morningfeather questioned, though it seemed more rhetorical than anything. They flattened their ears, but didn’t say anything else in response to what Snowleap said, trying to stay positive again. The more tired they got, the more negativity they could feel building up, just waiting to come out in one way or another. They nodded, following the fluffy-furred tomcat, making their way back to camp behind him.
(should we continue somewhere else with a timeskip?:0 )
Snowleap looked down at his paws, his ears flattening slightly as his brow creased. “I hope so,” He murmured softly. The tall warrior wasn’t one to doubt Kestrelstar’s words, but he couldn’t help but worry about the future of Riverclan. Would it truly be a peaceful leafbare like he had told the young warrior several sunrises ago? He didn’t know, nobody could know, except maybe for Starclan themselves. Snowleap didn’t wish to dwell on such thoughts though, especially right before he slept. He didn’t like going to bed with a troubled mind, it led to nightmares.

“It is rather fun,” The young tomcat agreed with a soft smile, looking at Morningfeather. With that being said, Snowleap and their clanmate headed back to the Riverclan camp without another word exchanged between them. His ears twitched to the sounds of the chilling winds whistling through the trees, but he silently focused on putting one paw in front of the other, staring at the path in front of him with a small frown upon his expression. He had a lot on his mind and those thoughts never seemed to leave, despite his desperation for peaceful thinking.

(Sounds good to me! Would you mind writing out a starter for the timeskip/next roleplay? I’d appreciate it greatly.)
Old December 19th, 2021, 11:23 PM
Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Sleepy

It was simply too early for Reedpaw to be stuck out here in the chilly air. Parting her jaw as she gave a little yawn, Reedpaw simply watched Snakeheart with curiosity on what she was meant to do for him. Instead of protesting and risking rousing a snappish attitude from her mentor, Reedpaw decided to tough it out and fluffed out her thick coat of fur. She had been stuck up in the fact that it was far too cold to be out here when Snakeheart had instructed her to grab a mouthful of the leafy herbs which seemed to stuff Snakehearts mouth. Taking a moment to pad over towards where the herbs were and for her to lean over, Reedpaw seemed to finally have her mouth just as stuffed as Snakehearts when she raised her head back. Casting a glance towards him, she seemed to be awaiting his next instruction as she ambled towards him.

@Rani

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"

Old December 20th, 2021, 07:12 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Not speaking for the moment given the herbs in his mouth Snakeheart gingerly tested the water jerking his paw out when it turned to be colder then the snow and putting the herbs down beside him. "Now this is a bit of a odd first lesson but we can multi task here and the job does need to be done. We're here to flash freeze these herbs for the winter to make them last longer. In the winter there is often a lack of fresh herbs to be found until the snow melts and given the length of winter normal herbs will rot long before them. However if you dip them into cold water and lay them across a shady rock they'll sort of freeze and keep for longer. So we're going to freeze them and I'll teach you little bits of which ever herb were on." To demonstrate the tom nabbed a leaf of catmint dipped it in the near frozen pond and put it aside before gesturing to Reedpaw. "That was catmint, one of the most critical herbs this time of year. Now do you know anything about it and can you pick out the catmint from your own stock?"

@Nixey
Old December 22nd, 2021, 09:20 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiztheHuntress View Post
Wolfsong opened her mouth slightly, drawing the nearby scents over her tongue as she pushed through the rushes around Cattail Pond. She stepped onto the small shore, shaking her pelt to rid it of burrs and leaf-matter. She cast her gaze around the pond as her sister, Moonfrost, pushed through the reeds behind her, squinting as she pushed the plants aside with her muzzle.
Wolfsong smiled at her sister and looked back over her shoulder into the foliage. "Come on you two! This will be fun!" She purred excitedly as Moonfrost sat next to her and the pair waited for their companions to catch up.

( @PanVibes @Saeran Starter!)
Morningfeather slowly padded behind the other two cats, scanning the area and making sure to gently place their paw with every pace, careful not to alert any potential prey. They could feel the coolness of the shore on their pawpads, and went in closer, walking faster, disliking feeling it for too long.
"I agree," Morningfeather purred. "This will be very fun." They stretched out their claws, and was careful not to cast a shadow on the pond. Their eyes sparkled with excitement.

( @PanVibes , additional tag ! )
Old December 23rd, 2021, 01:50 PM
I'm BACK y'all!

Bump Policy: 72 Hours (3 Days)
My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Morningfeather slowly padded behind the other two cats, scanning the area and making sure to gently place their paw with every pace, careful not to alert any potential prey. They could feel the coolness of the shore on their pawpads, and went in closer, walking faster, disliking feeling it for too long.
"I agree," Morningfeather purred. "This will be very fun." They stretched out their claws, and was careful not to cast a shadow on the pond. Their eyes sparkled with excitement.

( @PanVibes , additional tag ! )
Wolfsong turned to smile at Morningfeather as Moonfrost approached the edge of the pond. The dark tabby she-cat carefully touched her paw to the water, checking the temperature, before flicking drops off her paw, ears pinned from the cold. She lashed her tail and looked back to her sister.
Wolfsong chuckled lightly. "I guess the water is cold. No good for a swim today, but the fish will be nice and slow," she mewed.
~Shadowclan~ Spiritfire ~

I apologize for any delay in my replies, I work nightshift at the hospital.
Posting Schedule: Mon-RC | Tues-ThC | Thurs-WC | Fri-ShC

Want more info on my characters? Check here!
Old December 24th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Ni Ni

Bump Policy: Every 48 hours
My Mood: Sleepy

Reedpaw nearly started laughing at her mentor when he had jerked his paw back. Why exactly was Snakeheart testing the water, she had no clue, and as such arched her catbrows in interest. That interest only grew when he had set his herbs down, seeing as Reedpaw had expected to be heading back to the medicine den for sorting around this time. Waiting patiently wasn’t her strong suit, but it certainly paid off in this moment. She hadn’t exactly heard of having to flash freeze herbs, and so this was certainly a first for her. Nodding along to each word and watching Snakehearts demonstration, it made sense to Reedpaw. Of course herbs would have to last through the winter, what would happen if they ran out and cats grew sick? No, that couldn’t happen, she was sure Snakeheart would make sure of that. Her attention was brought back when Snakeheart questioned her on knowing a certain herb. Catmint? No, she hadn’t heard of that one before, but she might be able to pick it out in comparison to the wet one on the rock. After a few back and forth looks, Reedpaw had leaned down and lifted a catmint leaf from her pile before setting it in front of Snakeheart and blinking up towards him. “I don’t know anything about it, really, I was only able to pick it out by comparison, why’s it important?”

@Rani

"I am out with lanterns
looking for myself"

Old December 26th, 2021, 11:52 PM
Medicine Cat IRL /j

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiztheHuntress View Post

Wolfsong turned to smile at Morningfeather as Moonfrost approached the edge of the pond. The dark tabby she-cat carefully touched her paw to the water, checking the temperature, before flicking drops off her paw, ears pinned from the cold. She lashed her tail and looked back to her sister.
Wolfsong chuckled lightly. "I guess the water is cold. No good for a swim today, but the fish will be nice and slow," she mewed.
"No swim for today, then, huh?" Morningfeather let out an annoyed groan, before shaking it off and padding close in to the pond, dipping their own paw into the water and feeling the coolness surrounding it immediately. They took their paw out straight away, scrunching up their nose and looking disgusted.
"You're right," they huffed, before sitting back and watching the water, hoping for a shadow of a fish to be cast soon.
"I don't think we're going to have much luck, but while we try, we can at least... talk." Morningfeather perked their ears, looking slightly excited about their own suggestion, not even considering that it may be denied.