Today 02:45 PM
{~SomePerson's Rickety Art...
by Myling
Last post by Myling
Today 02:24 PM
Closed Thread

Old July 13th, 2021, 06:23 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Storm~ View Post
[ @Rani ]

Rainynight padded into the medicine den, looking at his paw in pain. It really hurt. He hadn't wanted to go into the medicine den, but he knew it was nesecary for his health. A small sigh escaped from the toms jaws as he looked around for snakeheart. "Snakeheart? May i come in?"

To be honest, Rainynight didn't really want to appear weak, coming in here with this inquiry. But he did know it might cause an infection, and he didn't want that. The warrior wanted to be able to serve his clan, and be able to train his apprentice. The recent events at the streamstone were still in his mind. He wouldn't have ever ecpected Kestrelstar to actually kill someone in the clan.

Well, now it had happened, and Rainynight couldn't do anything against it. He really hoped that Kestrelstar wouldn't kill anymore clanmates, even though he thought Blackrunner was now in danger of being killed. He couldn't believe how many deaths ThunderClan had caused.

Firehawk.
Fawnsqueak.
Lionstorm.
Peonypaw.
Petuniaflame.

It was so many cats. All killed because of ThunderClan. Rainynight couldn't really believe it. Peonypaw had been an apprentice, and Petuniaflame fairly young. Still, ThunderClan cats had cruel enough hearts to kill them.
It really was to be expected but it was exhausting to have seemingly every cat in the clan wander into his den for healing as soon as the going got rough. Sure Snakeheart had been preparing for all this and had pre prepared bundles of herbs for injuries ready, one of which he grabbed as the obviously injured warrior hobbled into his den, but.... It was tiring. A constant flow of hurting cats and the knowledge more would come and die if he couldnt help wore on the very soul after a time..... Heh and kits wondered why he refused to subject them to this job when they came in here begging for his training with dreams of grander. Nieve innocent fools.

"Of course you can come in youre injured arent you? That means you should be here sit down and let me look at your paw thats whats paining you isnt it."
Statement not question and Snakeheart caught the limb and looked at it critically sniffing as soon as the warrior sat.
"Hmm this is infected, I can treat it but how'd you get this?"
Marigold for prevention burdock for active infections which meant ugh he'd need to chew the bitter herb, wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyFlame View Post
@Rani

Goldenpaw padded into the den. Shakeheart? she mewed and glanced down at her wounds. Ive got a few... scratches.... They didn't bleed mush and weren't that deep but there was a lot of them... I need to take it more easy...
"Dear god what happened to you you look like you got attacked by a thornbush?"
The prickly medicine cat frowned as the molly padded into his den tail flicking as he took in the wounds quickly trying to determine if they were at risk of infection or if he could get away with not using his limited supply of marigold on it. The cuts would need cobwebs regardless but the protective webs would keep a lot of dirt out and keep the wounds clean, if the way Goldenpaw got the injuries wasnt dirty that'd be enough.... She'd probably need poppyseeds though no matter what, the apprentice didnt look to be handling the pain and shock well.
"How'd you get these and come over here and lay in one of these nests, I need more information before I can begin."
Old July 13th, 2021, 06:45 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
"Dear god what happened to you you look like you got attacked by a thornbush?"
The prickly medicine cat frowned as the molly padded into his den tail flicking as he took in the wounds quickly trying to determine if they were at risk of infection or if he could get away with not using his limited supply of marigold on it. The cuts would need cobwebs regardless but the protective webs would keep a lot of dirt out and keep the wounds clean, if the way Goldenpaw got the injuries wasnt dirty that'd be enough.... She'd probably need poppyseeds though no matter what, the apprentice didnt look to be handling the pain and shock well.
"How'd you get these and come over here and lay in one of these nests, I need more information before I can begin."
Just training... Goldenpaw mewed, a wave of guilt flowing through her as she sat down in the nest. Look, if some other cat needs more help... she swallowed. I can handle it...
'Oh, Starclan, I swear I'll never train so hard I'll get hurt again... training will help my clan... but... getting hurt will hurt them...'

- Credit to here for the pfp -

You don't have to ask permission to have crushes on/attack my OCs as long as you don't powerplay

Old July 13th, 2021, 07:33 AM
Detective To Justice

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Queenly

@Rani

Lionspot walked into the den limping. She couldn't tell how bad she was injured. But she knew she couldn't more her shoulder. Snakeheart I may be in a bit of trouble. I seem to have broken my shoulder. She sat sitting down. She didn't cry or feel sad it just hurt.

Last edited by Astraea; July 13th, 2021 at 07:47 AM.
Old July 14th, 2021, 05:20 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
Petuniakit made sure to stay near Palepaw when entering camp. She found a good spot in the camp wall to hide the shells. Later she'd give them to Kestrelstar. She hurried after the apprentice into the medicine den. Never before had she been in here before. Was the clan sure this cat would heal her?

Unsure she walked in, her injuries hurt, but not as bad as the one on her shoulder. The flesh had been torn. She had licked it, but it just made it bleed more. "Hey Snake dude me and this apprentice need you.", she meowed. Petuniakit was really her fathers daughter. She was loud and wanted everyone to hear her.

// @Rainquail; @Rani; \\
Palepaw was genuinely grateful that Petuniakit didn't cause any issues on the way to camp, nor did she speak too much, which gave her enough time to sort her stupid thoughts and what she was going to say. She decided the truth would be best.
Lying wasn't her style and sooner or later, the truth would catch up to her and bite her in the ass. She was going to have to suck it up and deal with whatever consequences lay in wait for her.

While Petuniakit was.... hiding? The shells she found, she dropped the sea Gull off at the fresh kill pile. She stared at it for a while before kicking it once and turning around to find the little trouble maker before trotting to the Medicine Den.
She was..... appalled by how casually the kitten greeted Snakeheart, with a familiarity that even she didn't share with him, despite just how many times they'd run into eachother.
It annoyed a small part of her and that same part wanted to cuff her over the ears for such disrespect, but she didn't, out of her own pride and because she didn't want to be known for hitting babies (especially babies that just had a near death experience and technically deserved a break).
"Snakeheart," she greeted.
"It's Palepaw. I found Petuniakit- yes, Blizzardsky's Petuniakit- out at Lionsbeach being mauled by a sea gull. She's been wounded pretty badly, lots of chunks taken out of her."
She felt dumb saying it. He'd no doubt be able to see that for himself, but she couldn't really stop herself as she kept speaking.
She would also eventually need to be seen to, but the kid's injuries were more severe than her own. Besides, she would have to tell Kestrelstar about this before she could even think of getting patched up.

@Rani

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old July 14th, 2021, 08:44 AM
ß|ł

My Mood: Mysterious

~Silverkit~

@Rani | Snakeheart

It seemed like Snakeheart wasn't going to do anything too bad to him. His words did seem very sharp, though. With a trembling step, Silverkit padded over to the medicine cat. He was so fearful that he had almost forgotten about the question.
"I don't know?" Silverkit shrunk, imagining fangs coming out of the cat's mouth and then sinking into his flesh. "I thought that maybe you could help me figure that out."
Now he had done it. If those fangs hadn't been real, they were now. Or they would be. Silverkit's flesh tearing as Snakeheart's fangs sank even deeper. And then Silverkit would fall to the ground, still. Dead. And Shinestone would never know what had happened to him. Silverkit's eyes widened as he realized that he had never told his mother that he was going to the medicine cat's den. Why hadn't he? Now Shadykit and Brookkit would be left without a brother. He only hoped that they would become the best warriors RiverClan had ever seen and that their kits would be the only cats that were better than them. Which, of course, reminded Silverkit of his new friend. Puddlekit would never see him again. Puddlekit had been a good friend, but everyone has to give a meow of goodbye one time or another.
"Bye, Shinestone and Shadykit and Brookkit and whoever you are, father," he whispered. And Puddlekit. My best friend. My first friend. You were the best and I hope you make another friend. And I hope that your new friend is even better than I am-- I mean was. I hope that your new friend is everything you could have ever wished for. Bye, my Clanmates that gave me hope. And goodbye that one warrior that made me look into myself. That helped me know myself. I'm glad I talked to you. Even though my stomach started hurting afterwards."
And then he thought of it. Had the warrior led him to Silverkit's doom? Silverkit hoped not, and he didn't want to blame anyone, but it seemed like the truth.

Please bump me after twenty-four hours.
Ask My Cats!
Shop!
My Cats' Information!
Please check out this awesome Warriors role-playing website!
Old July 15th, 2021, 02:57 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Bashful

Petuniakit

The kit looked behind her to see Palepaw. Oh, so this cat hadn't gotten lost. Great! She glanced at Snakeheart as he padded over to her. She heard him snap, which scared her a bit. "I don't think I like that name. Sounds scary.", she whispered to Palepaw. His name was terrifying just like he was. Maybe that was why.

Petuniakit didn't utter another word. She didn't want this scary cat to yell at her. Her father never yelled at her and it scared her. Far more than that stupid bird that almost had her for lunch. She'd rather be back with the bird than the medicine cat.

"The bird was huge. Bigger than myself. Well, mostly everything is bigger than me.", she meowed, trying her best to calm herself down. Just wait till her mother got after her. She will definitely be yelled at some more. Heronflight disciplined her better. "I didn't know birds could be that big.", Petuniakit added.

// @Rani; @Rainquail; \\

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Last edited by Madelaine; July 15th, 2021 at 07:21 AM.
Old July 17th, 2021, 02:28 AM
formerly estelle.

My Mood: Adorable

@Rani // @Beetlenose // @I draw war cats

(Sorry I couldn’t get to this earlier! Also, I’m not used to Snake growing up so I almost called him Snakepaw-
Also, sorry this is kind of long, I trailed off a bit, haha)

Lotuskit

—————
Lotuskit walked into the medicine cat den along with her littermates, heads lowered slightly. She didn’t think anyone noticed they were missing, as Vinepaw was off doing warrior duties and Yewberry was being… well, Yewberry. The only problem was that once cats started to notice they were in fact here, they’d also see the injuries they had. One thing led to another, and they were in trouble. She’d just assumed consulting Snakeheart would have the process go by faster. Sure, it wouldn’t be very fun, and they’d probably be given a lecture, but actions did come with consequences… now she wished she hadn’t agreed to come along.

Despite looking like a ThunderClan cat who attempted to swim, Lotuskit dipped her head politely to the RiverClan medicine cat. The gray kit had once eavesdropped on another litter — they got hurt somehow and had to visit Snakeheart. The kits had then said he was a meanie. She wouldn’t want to stir up any anger, so manners would help her cause, correct? Lotuskit dug through her memories to find the time when Yewberry instructed her on how to show good manners. Sit neatly. She slid her back legs inwards before letting them rest, then curled her tail over her paws. Check. Straight posture.
Already done, The gray kit thought to herself. Check.

Don’t interrupt, and say please and thank you.

Lotuskit thought about this rule for a few heartbeats. That didn’t really apply to her, did it? Yewberry had taught her this before she went mute. Now, she didn’t talk at all, so interrupting wouldn’t be a problem. Things would be fine. She also had her own ways of showing gratitude, such as locking eyes or smiling. That was good enough.

The gray kit knew her littermates would back her up if she couldn’t explain something, anyways, so everything was going to be fine. Maybe she overthought on things at times.
Well, except for Lionsbeach. I should have definitely stayed out on that one. Lotuskit puffed quietly.
Her eyes flickered from her own scars to her littermates to Snakeheart. A vivid image of the red-disk-creature pinned to the sand flashed through her mind. She was still befuddled when she thought of how something so small could be so powerful. Green eyes sparkling with curiousity, she wondered if Snakeheart knew what the… thing that attacked them was. It sure was dangerous, but pretty cool. Lotuskit was sure she wouldn’t want to be near one ever again, though.

As she waited, she inhaled the scents that wafted around the den. As she took a large whiff, the gray kit almost coughed. It was quite pungent — a mixture of tanginess, sweetness, and some in between. She began to question how a cat could memorize every one of the plants, and know what each one did. Realizing her jaw had probably dropped dead on the ground by now, she whipped her head forwards in the hopes that no one had been watching her. It seemed there was more to the medicine cat if you just gave it a little more attention.

┍----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┑
character Website
https://mintyswcocats.webador.com/

┕----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┙

bump me after 72 hours + I'll usually be online from 3pm-7pm (CT)
Old July 17th, 2021, 02:39 PM

Chirpkit skipped in, seemingly without a care in the world. I mean she would get treated for her wounds now, so why be sad at all? Hopefully Yewbark didn’t notice their wounds though, that wouldn’t be fun. She sat down next to Lotuskit and waited for the medicine cat
@Rani
@Beetlenose
@Minty
Old July 17th, 2021, 07:02 PM
The one and only

Bump Policy: Bump after 24 hours!
My Mood: Yeehaw

Crosskit groaned as he entered the den, “I thought we wouldn’t have to go to the medicine den.” He mumbled following his litter mates, after all Snakeheart was surely going to ask questions. How could one of his siblings not have a care in the world while the other cared too much. Well, Crosskit decided he would not be like his siblings, and instead hold his head high no matter what. @Rani @Minty @I draw war cats
Old July 18th, 2021, 07:42 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyFlame View Post
Just training... Goldenpaw mewed, a wave of guilt flowing through her as she sat down in the nest. Look, if some other cat needs more help... she swallowed. I can handle it...
'Oh, Starclan, I swear I'll never train so hard I'll get hurt again... training will help my clan... but... getting hurt will hurt them...'
"Got that from training huh? Well dont let it happen again training is important but going so far you get hurt takes up resources and doesnt help anyone. Im going to have you stay in here for the night to rest and after you just need to keep the wound clean and you'll be fine. Here eat this it might make you groggy but it will help the pain."
He wouldnt use marigold this time, with a war coming he might need that and it was sometimes hard to find but he could use a poppyseed on her without stress. It'd also keep her down for awhile for the wound to heal a bit first before she went out and probably did something stupid again anyway. With the seed passed over he efficiently wrapped the wounds in cobwebs cleaning any of the ones that looked dirty before making sure everything was covered and protected.
"Right Im done. Stay and rest here for the night you can leave tomorrow."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fox~ View Post
@Rani

Lionspot walked into the den limping. She couldn't tell how bad she was injured. But she knew she couldn't more her shoulder. Snakeheart I may be in a bit of trouble. I seem to have broken my shoulder. She sat sitting down. She didn't cry or feel sad it just hurt.
For all the fighting the clans did broken bones were a surprisingly rare thing and Snakeheart was forever thankful for that. Broken bones were... tricky. Binding them was no easy feat and they required a ton of rest before they properly healed and even then often it left the cat afflicted with a limp unless they were lucky. It could be a crippling wound so when a cat walked in complaining of a break the medicine cats face went stone cold serious.
"A break? Well that limp shows somethings defiantly wrong but let's hope it's pulled or strained or something a break will lay you up for awhile."

Padding over he gently poked and inspected the shoulder tsking as on top of the claw marks the bone was defiantly broken and would need to be bound. "Alright yeah thats broken. Ill give you some poppyseeds so you can sleep through this and then Ill bind it but it will be awhile until youre back on full warrior duties. How'd you even get this injury in the first place? Altercation with thunderclan?" He was only partially interested in the answer fairly confident it was, as most injuries were nowadays, the mouse heart fault as he fished out some poppyseeds offering them to the warrior with a half cocked head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickpaw View Post
~Silverkit~

@Rani | Snakeheart

It seemed like Snakeheart wasn't going to do anything too bad to him. His words did seem very sharp, though. With a trembling step, Silverkit padded over to the medicine cat. He was so fearful that he had almost forgotten about the question.
"I don't know?" Silverkit shrunk, imagining fangs coming out of the cat's mouth and then sinking into his flesh. "I thought that maybe you could help me figure that out."
Now he had done it. If those fangs hadn't been real, they were now. Or they would be. Silverkit's flesh tearing as Snakeheart's fangs sank even deeper. And then Silverkit would fall to the ground, still. Dead. And Shinestone would never know what had happened to him. Silverkit's eyes widened as he realized that he had never told his mother that he was going to the medicine cat's den. Why hadn't he? Now Shadykit and Brookkit would be left without a brother. He only hoped that they would become the best warriors RiverClan had ever seen and that their kits would be the only cats that were better than them. Which, of course, reminded Silverkit of his new friend. Puddlekit would never see him again. Puddlekit had been a good friend, but everyone has to give a meow of goodbye one time or another.
"Bye, Shinestone and Shadykit and Brookkit and whoever you are, father," he whispered. And Puddlekit. My best friend. My first friend. You were the best and I hope you make another friend. And I hope that your new friend is even better than I am-- I mean was. I hope that your new friend is everything you could have ever wished for. Bye, my Clanmates that gave me hope. And goodbye that one warrior that made me look into myself. That helped me know myself. I'm glad I talked to you. Even though my stomach started hurting afterwards."
And then he thought of it. Had the warrior led him to Silverkit's doom? Silverkit hoped not, and he didn't want to blame anyone, but it seemed like the truth.
"So you dont know?" The medicine cat drawled cocking his head with one raised eyebrow. "Why are you in here if you dont know whats wrong? Do you feel like somethings wrong or off or do you just want a general check over?" Snakeheart was a confused cat right now not sure what was up with the kitten and couldnt help but yawn as his suppressed exhaustion overwhelmed whatever waning interest he had in the flighty thing. It was a large yawn too, splitting his face and flashing the full length of his long fangs which usually only slightly poked out of the corners of his mouth like some sort of cat vampire. Truth be told the medicine cat needed to sleep more really, maybe after the kitten was gone he'd take a nap.

Oooor maybe not because this was looking like it might take longer than initially expected. He was.... Muttering to himself? Saying good byes? Snakeheart frowned in confusion listening keenly to all this nonsense finally drawling out a, "Do you seriously think youre gonna die because your stomach hurts? You probably just ate something bad or something simple and theres and easy fix youre freaking out over nothing. Calm down and Ill take a look but stop all that nonsense youre not going to die Im good at my job." Stars babies were just annoying this was stupid.

@Sklee
Blood in the air the tang of iron indicating an injured clanmate possibly even a dead one. It was never pleasant but it was a scent Snakeheart was accustomed too, far too used to the smell permeating the den and far too attuned to identifying it to help the clan. It wasnt too much though so hopefully this would be a small injury but he still tensed waiting for whoever it was that was hurt this time to walk into his den. Another day just another wound....
Closed Thread