Last post by constellation
Today 03:03 PM
Closed Thread

Old April 22nd, 2021, 08:51 PM

My Mood: Confused
Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Hmm? Oh it was Deerwing again, actually now that he was reminded of it he'd never had a talk to her about what happened during the kitting nor the burial location of her stillborn kits.... Eh he'd do it later he was busy today and apparently had someone else he needed to see to.
"Hello again, something wrong with Ghostkit or just want to do a checkup? It'd honestly be smart after that mess of a birth but not necessary unless theres an issue given Xe seems mobile and active."
And apparently smart enough to know there was nothing interesting or good in here given how quickly xe moved to lead, the tom noted amusedly.
Deerwing sighed and put Ghostkit back down at her paws again.
I think there's something wrong with xem. Xe never wants to talk to other cats and only ever leaves the nursery when xyr forced out.

Ghostkit stayed put this time, but craned xyr neck up to look at Deerwing while she spoke. This was boring. Ghostkit would rather terrorize shellfish than sit in this smelly den.
(I just tried to do what I wrote Ghostkit doing and um... I think xe needs a power card for them neck joints lmao)

Character Site
You can bump me after 48 hours! Sometimes responses get buried or I don't notice them.
Please visit my poetry shop!
How Jake died: He was struck by a meteor while sitting on a fence.
Don't believe me? Google it.
Remember: At the end of the day, Bonekit will always be the bigger baby!
Old April 22nd, 2021, 11:04 PM
chirps

Streamrunner. Never had Kestrelwing been this angry at another Clanmate. Attacking a trespassing ShadowClan was one thing - but purposefully leaping across the border to taunt a rather large warrior? That was more sky-brained than Blizzardsky. In his mind it made Streamrunner just as low, if not lower, than those fox-hearts that lurked under the cover of shadows and pine trees.

"Stay here," he growled to Nightpaw before glancing at Snakeheart. "Make sure she's okay. I'm going to speak with Streamrunner." Before there could be any objection the gray tabby spun on his heels and bounded out of the den, ears flat against his head.

// @Kunaiskrill @Rani
Old April 23rd, 2021, 11:55 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Rani

Lizardfrost walked gloomily into the den. She had recently been coughing like crazy and her nose was stuffed up. She felt lethargic and had trouble focusing. She did not want to bother the medicine cat if it was just some cold but it was really becoming a problem.
"Bnakebang, i meleve i hab a gold." she said upon entering. This was immediately pursued with another session of coughing.

Last edited by Shade.; April 23rd, 2021 at 11:56 PM.
Old April 25th, 2021, 01:05 AM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

Quote:
"Oh boy deep washy thoughts about the nature of life here we go." The young tom rubbed his head again and rolled his shoulders thinking for a moment before responding.
"I dont know Junipersong we are beasts but we're better because we can at least show mercy. I know it doesnt happen much because we also have to protect ourself and have to choose when to do so but we can. We dont have more right in my mind, we earn it through defending those we love including using our instincts to fight." Then starclan came about in the conversation and the tom groaned because of course it did.

"How does starclan have anything to do with this. Starclan doesnt have anything to do with who we are and how we live Junipersong the whole idea that theyre responsible for us is insulting. I am as I am and strong as I am because of my own actions not those of some dead cats that have no bearing on the living." Religion turned everyone into nutjobs it seemed and while Snakeheart wasnt usually this open about his feelings to starclan and he didnt disclose his disbelief entirely. Still he couldnt help but snap like this at the warriors view point. "You're implying that no one else sees the good in others but thats just wrong when youre missing that the 'spark' inside a cat can being their instincts that drive a cat to fight evil like coyotes and the cruelty in other clans for their kin and friends. Others see that not just you youre just being a thick skull and not seeing that because what you view as the good in cats might not line up with what others, and I, see. You did good in your actions but your viewpoint is flawed and makes me want to smack you."
Junipersong looked shocked at his sudden outburst. Snakeheart had a sharp tongue, but insulting his clanmates was a lot different than verbally attacking them. She looked visibly hurt for the first time he had ever seen. Not even when half of her pelt had ben raked in half from a coyote had she even looked pained like this. Especially his words in starclan seemed to scathe her. She knew that not everybody appreciated starclan, but the effect that they had on the living cats was real, and ignoring it would be mouse-brained. If starclan turned their back on some cat, it wouldn't be surprising for that cat to also turn their back on starclan. Junipersong didn't have any sort of special powers, but her insight as to the inner workings of her clanmates was likely her greatest strength, next to her constitution. She really cared about every cat. She wanted to see the best in everyone, to believe that everyone can become better. No one was beyond saving, in her mind. Not Snakeheart, not even someone as crazed as Dawnstar.

"Then smack me." She said, quiet and calm. Staring straight at him, eyes still full of pain. If thats what it took for him to get out his aggression, so be it. She would be his punching bag. If he hesitated or refused, she would just raise her voice. "Smack me!" She called out, loud enough to rouse anyone sleeping in the medicine cat den. "SMACK ME!" She screamed, surely everyone in the whole camp would have heard that.

(You have permission to hit Junipersong, and if you do so after the first or second time she says 'smack me', just ignore the part about her screaming)

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.
Old April 25th, 2021, 06:16 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaztaill View Post
~Redkit~

The little russet kit had stumbled out of the nursery, coughing and sputtering. He had wandered past the medicine cat den on his way to the elders, and little had he known, Snakeheart had sensed him.
Both surprised and a little worried, Redkit slightly nodded and quickly hurried into one of the side nests, closing his eyes tightly in pain as he laid down.
Right the bedding was taken care of and hopefully with the kit quarantined early the sickness wouldnt spread. (God he hoped it wouldnt spread) Still with that dealt with now he could move on to treat the kit directly and hope to the stars he caught the illness fast enough for the kit to make a full recovery fast. So padding into the den and over to the kit the tom immediately went about checking the little thing over to see what was wrong. And as he thought it was greencough. At least he had the herbs for it.
"Alright little scrap you might not feel bad right now but youre sick. I can tell already from the scent and you'll be feeling ill soon enough, though hopefully these herbs will make sure its brief and you recover fast. Here eat this catmint."
Snakeheart explained passing over a leaf of fragrant good smelling herb, at least this one wasnt a pain to eat as some other medicines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunaiskrill View Post
“I-injury” she said, breathing in and out. She closed her eyes, and coughed again. @Rani @spade
Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
Streamrunner. Never had Kestrelwing been this angry at another Clanmate. Attacking a trespassing ShadowClan was one thing - but purposefully leaping across the border to taunt a rather large warrior? That was more sky-brained than Blizzardsky. In his mind it made Streamrunner just as low, if not lower, than those fox-hearts that lurked under the cover of shadows and pine trees.

"Stay here," he growled to Nightpaw before glancing at Snakeheart. "Make sure she's okay. I'm going to speak with Streamrunner." Before there could be any objection the gray tabby spun on his heels and bounded out of the den, ears flat against his head.

// @Kunaiskrill @Rani
This was a rough situation but at least it could be easily dealt with as long as nobody lost their hea- and there went the striped idiot. "Kestrelwing for the love of god! If you start a fight in the middle of camp it might! Oh whatever just dont kill Streamrunner me and Lionstorm will need to deal with this later and need the idiot for it so dont go to far you impulsive birdbrain." Snakeheart knew full well stopping the moron on a rampage was hard so even as he lunged in a last ditch effort to stop the tom from leaving the medicine cat knew it was a lost cause.

"Right Nightpaw even if your mentor is acting like an idiot I'll be taking care of you. Slow your breathing and match it to mine it may sting but breathing deeply will help. Your wounds are basically bandaged now so after I massage your chest to get rid of the cough you should be ok. You can stay in here to relax a bit if you want if youre quiet after or go and have fun, after this mess Im giving you the day off to have fun."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firey View Post
Deerwing sighed and put Ghostkit back down at her paws again.
I think there's something wrong with xem. Xe never wants to talk to other cats and only ever leaves the nursery when xyr forced out.

Ghostkit stayed put this time, but craned xyr neck up to look at Deerwing while she spoke. This was boring. Ghostkit would rather terrorize shellfish than sit in this smelly den.
(I just tried to do what I wrote Ghostkit doing and um... I think xe needs a power card for them neck joints lmao)
What?..... Deerwing brought the kit in here because xe was quiet and maybe shy? Oh boy this was the case of an overbearing mother wasnt it, a little strange given her past irresponsibleness but never the less annoying. Whatever Snakeheart would check Ghostkit over just in case and then kick the queen out.
"Seriously? Right hold still kit Ill check you over for a second."
Reaching out he did a brief check over of the kit physicality before moving on to other tests. He doubted he'd find anything wrong with the kits ears eyes or heart anyway.
"Right Im going to ask some stuff and I need you to answer kit. First whats your name and do you know where you are right now? Next how many times do I snap by each ear and how many toes am I holding up?"
This'd test to see if the kits avoidance was due to a potential disability which wasnt too big of an issue but would be good to know about young. The medicine cat was pretty sure there wasnt an issue but the queen might kick up a fuss if he didnt make sure. So he snapped three times at one ear and two at the other to check for deafness and then held up four clawed toes. Xys responses would check the kits cognitive abilities too, if xe responded at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Rani

Lizardfrost walked gloomily into the den. She had recently been coughing like crazy and her nose was stuffed up. She felt lethargic and had trouble focusing. She did not want to bother the medicine cat if it was just some cold but it was really becoming a problem.
"Bnakebang, i meleve i hab a gold." she said upon entering. This was immediately pursued with another session of coughing.
"No kidding Lizardfrost you sound like you swallowed a huge bundle of moss. Go settle in in the side chamber I'll bring you some water moss and herbs after I get rid of your old nest so this hopefully doesn't spread. If youre lucky you'll be out soon with some rest, no more overworking yourself like last time."
Snakeheart never forgot by nature, so Lizardfrosts last incident in the medicine cats den born by her overworking was fresh on his brain. Still this was worrying, one cat was a situation two was a coincidence but the medicine cat was one cat off of a proper greencough break out. And this was no doubt greencough the scent was overpowering and familiar something he'd deal with as soon as he got back from tossing the problem moss. Hopefully Lizardfrost would've settled into her new nest for a time by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizerel View Post

Junipersong looked shocked at his sudden outburst. Snakeheart had a sharp tongue, but insulting his clanmates was a lot different than verbally attacking them. She looked visibly hurt for the first time he had ever seen. Not even when half of her pelt had ben raked in half from a coyote had she even looked pained like this. Especially his words in starclan seemed to scathe her. She knew that not everybody appreciated starclan, but the effect that they had on the living cats was real, and ignoring it would be mouse-brained. If starclan turned their back on some cat, it wouldn't be surprising for that cat to also turn their back on starclan. Junipersong didn't have any sort of special powers, but her insight as to the inner workings of her clanmates was likely her greatest strength, next to her constitution. She really cared about every cat. She wanted to see the best in everyone, to believe that everyone can become better. No one was beyond saving, in her mind. Not Snakeheart, not even someone as crazed as Dawnstar.

"Then smack me." She said, quiet and calm. Staring straight at him, eyes still full of pain. If thats what it took for him to get out his aggression, so be it. She would be his punching bag. If he hesitated or refused, she would just raise her voice. "Smack me!" She called out, loud enough to rouse anyone sleeping in the medicine cat den. "SMACK ME!" She screamed, surely everyone in the whole camp would have heard that.

(You have permission to hit Junipersong, and if you do so after the first or second time she says 'smack me', just ignore the part about her screaming)
Snakeheart puffed up startled jerking back at the larger mollies yelling as his eyes went wide. Sure he was confident and willing to strike sure but he'd always hesitate when it came to clanmates even it was necessary. Add to that this was Junipersong and she was huge. The medicine cat had the fire to set anything ablaze but he was young really young for a fully named cat and very lanky in build by nature even ignoring the fact that he had no combat training. So facing down a large loud warrior losing her mind for no reason he could see (what cat asked to be slapped?!) he jumped to an instinctive fear reaction. Puffing up like a porcupine hissing in defence and doing just what the molly wanted slapping the warrior hard.

Still he took no chanced inching back from her and snarling "What the hell is wrong with you?! Why in the world would you want to be slapped?! I dont understand you at all!"
Seriously the whole thing was so confusing the tom understood nothing about the older mollies reactions maybe Kestrelwing was right to send her here but it wasnt like he had any clue how to cope with it. He barley knew how to heal some of the harder injuries that came in here mental ones werent in his skill set much less in his snappish harsh nature.
Old April 25th, 2021, 06:19 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

@Rani

Lizardfrost just nodded silently. She walked into the side chamber and settled into an empty nest. Her coughs echoed all throughout the medicine den. Her nose was leaking. She really wanted to fall asleep or something.
Old April 25th, 2021, 06:54 AM
Open For RP!

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Right the bedding was taken care of and hopefully with the kit quarantined early the sickness wouldnt spread. (God he hoped it wouldnt spread) Still with that dealt with now he could move on to treat the kit directly and hope to the stars he caught the illness fast enough for the kit to make a full recovery fast. So padding into the den and over to the kit the tom immediately went about checking the little thing over to see what was wrong. And as he thought it was greencough. At least he had the herbs for it.
"Alright little scrap you might not feel bad right now but youre sick. I can tell already from the scent and you'll be feeling ill soon enough, though hopefully these herbs will make sure its brief and you recover fast. Here eat this catmint."
Snakeheart explained passing over a leaf of fragrant good smelling herb, at least this one wasnt a pain to eat as some other medicines.

This was a rough situation but at least it could be easily dealt with as long as nobody lost their hea- and there went the striped idiot. "Kestrelwing for the love of god! If you start a fight in the middle of camp it might! Oh whatever just dont kill Streamrunner me and Lionstorm will need to deal with this later and need the idiot for it so dont go to far you impulsive birdbrain." Snakeheart knew full well stopping the moron on a rampage was hard so even as he lunged in a last ditch effort to stop the tom from leaving the medicine cat knew it was a lost cause.

"Right Nightpaw even if your mentor is acting like an idiot I'll be taking care of you. Slow your breathing and match it to mine it may sting but breathing deeply will help. Your wounds are basically bandaged now so after I massage your chest to get rid of the cough you should be ok. You can stay in here to relax a bit if you want if youre quiet after or go and have fun, after this mess Im giving you the day off to have fun."

What?..... Deerwing brought the kit in here because xe was quiet and maybe shy? Oh boy this was the case of an overbearing mother wasnt it, a little strange given her past irresponsibleness but never the less annoying. Whatever Snakeheart would check Ghostkit over just in case and then kick the queen out.
Reaching out he did a brief check over of the kit physicality before moving on to other tests. He doubted he'd find anything wrong with the kits ears eyes or heart anyway.
"Right Im going to ask some stuff and I need you to answer kit. First whats your name and do you know where you are right now? Next how many times do I snap by each ear and how many toes am I holding up?"
This'd test to see if the kits avoidance was due to a potential disability which wasnt too big of an issue but would be good to know about young. The medicine cat was pretty sure there wasnt an issue but the queen might kick up a fuss if he didnt make sure. So he snapped three times at one ear and two at the other to check for deafness and then held up four clawed toes. Xys responses would check the kits cognitive abilities too, if xe responded at all.

"No kidding Lizardfrost you sound like you swallowed a huge bundle of moss. Go settle in in the side chamber I'll bring you some water moss and herbs after I get rid of your old nest so this hopefully doesn't spread. If youre lucky you'll be out soon with some rest, no more overworking yourself like last time."
Snakeheart never forgot by nature, so Lizardfrosts last incident in the medicine cats den born by her overworking was fresh on his brain. Still this was worrying, one cat was a situation two was a coincidence but the medicine cat was one cat off of a proper greencough break out. And this was no doubt greencough the scent was overpowering and familiar something he'd deal with as soon as he got back from tossing the problem moss. Hopefully Lizardfrost would've settled into her new nest for a time by then.

Snakeheart puffed up startled jerking back at the larger mollies yelling as his eyes went wide. Sure he was confident and willing to strike sure but he'd always hesitate when it came to clanmates even it was necessary. Add to that this was Junipersong and she was huge. The medicine cat had the fire to set anything ablaze but he was young really young for a fully named cat and very lanky in build by nature even ignoring the fact that he had no combat training. So facing down a large loud warrior losing her mind for no reason he could see (what cat asked to be slapped?!) he jumped to an instinctive fear reaction. Puffing up like a porcupine hissing in defence and doing just what the molly wanted slapping the warrior hard.

Still he took no chanced inching back from her and snarling "What the hell is wrong with you?! Why in the world would you want to be slapped?! I dont understand you at all!"
Seriously the whole thing was so confusing the tom understood nothing about the older mollies reactions maybe Kestrelwing was right to send her here but it wasnt like he had any clue how to cope with it. He barley knew how to heal some of the harder injuries that came in here mental ones werent in his skill set much less in his snappish harsh nature.
~Redkit~

Redkit cocked his head a little, but ate the catnip. Thank Starclan it didn´t taste terrible!
Wait, he´s sick?!
The kit´s eyes widened with both fear and shock. He didn´t feel sick, and after all, this was just a medicine cat. Ha, what would a medicine cat know about herbs, I mean, its not like they spend their whole life healing cats, is it? Redkit thought, as he tried to soothe himself, but it didn´t seem to work.

|:| Unnamed |:| Redpaw |:| Miststone |:|
Old April 25th, 2021, 07:50 AM

My Mood: Confused

Quote:

Ghostkit was quiet for a few moments before responding in a quiet voice.
Uh... Ghostkit? And this is the smelly den for sick cats. Am I sick?
Xe was confused for a second at the next bundle of questions but answered after a couple of heartbeats.
Uh... three, two, and four?

Character Site
You can bump me after 48 hours! Sometimes responses get buried or I don't notice them.
Please visit my poetry shop!
How Jake died: He was struck by a meteor while sitting on a fence.
Don't believe me? Google it.
Remember: At the end of the day, Bonekit will always be the bigger baby!
Old April 25th, 2021, 10:05 AM
THE ONE PIECE IS REAL!!!

My Mood: Lazy

“Really? Thank you snakeheart!” She got up and dipped her head.s he stalked out of the den.

Character Site
The one piece is real.
Old April 27th, 2021, 07:28 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade. View Post
@Rani

Lizardfrost just nodded silently. She walked into the side chamber and settled into an empty nest. Her coughs echoed all throughout the medicine den. Her nose was leaking. She really wanted to fall asleep or something.
Padding in Snakeheart scanned a critical eye over his herb supply and the warrior. Coldamber told him borage would help fevers but not cure greencough and though the medicine cat had catmint for that job the warrior did not look good so letting down the fever might actually be good.... Except he didnt have borage. Nabbing a leaf of catmint and burnet (not willing to take risks when Lizardfrost already seemed weak) the medicine cat padded back over passing the leaves to the warrior to eat and asking a few questions.
"After this you can sleep but for now; Do you feel over warm right now? Hows your throat, too scratchy or dry or sore? And dont give me any stoic I can keep going nonsense I need to know this and if you think you need some poppyseeds."
If Lizardfrost needed it he'd send out a patrol for the missing herbs hectic schedule or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topaztaill View Post
~Redkit~

Redkit cocked his head a little, but ate the catnip. Thank Starclan it didn´t taste terrible!
Wait, he´s sick?!
The kit´s eyes widened with both fear and shock. He didn´t feel sick, and after all, this was just a medicine cat. Ha, what would a medicine cat know about herbs, I mean, its not like they spend their whole life healing cats, is it? Redkit thought, as he tried to soothe himself, but it didn´t seem to work.
Snakeheart padded into his den in a hurry glad to see the kit had listened before mumbling "We have to figure out a better way for you to communicate issues Silentkit is deaf and can talk there has to be a way..." before piping up to normal full volume "Right so Redkit you have the early stages of greencough. It may not feel bad right now but it may get worse and its better to head this off before it becomes a big issue. Im going to give you some herbs like this catmint and you just need to rest and stay in the side den until youre better. If youre hungry or thirsty inform me..... somehow I dont know just toss something at me and Ill get you what you need, and if you want company you can but they cannot enter this side chamber with you and no touching. We dont want to get more cats sick. Any questions? .... Or something how am I even supposed to talk to you?"
Snakeheart felt so awkward oddly trailing off as he passed the kit some catmint to eat. Redkit wasnt an invalid sure but the medicine cat just had no clue how to communicate with a mute cat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firey View Post
Ghostkit was quiet for a few moments before responding in a quiet voice.
Uh... Ghostkit? And this is the smelly den for sick cats. Am I sick?
Xe was confused for a second at the next bundle of questions but answered after a couple of heartbeats.
Uh... three, two, and four?
Nothing wrong with the kit at all, just like he thought. Urg overbearing queens what a pain.
"No youre fine not sick at all. Your mother was just over-worried but theres no issues feel free to wander off if you wish." He shifted focus to to queen "Ghostkits just fine with no issues at all xe is just less social than some kittens its perfectly normal. Hell I refused to interact with any other kit but my own siblings until I was an apprentice, let xym be and unless it becomes a behavioural issue with acting out and harmful actions just let Ghostkit do with xe wants." The medicine cat shrugged then levelled Deerwing with a stern look.
"Hovering because your kit doesnt act the way you think xe should doesnt do xym any good and makes seem over-fussy. It might impede development or make me or a clanmate take you less seriously if you actually notice something serious. Normals overrated, your kit is fine, let xem act how xey want."
His piece said Snakeheart let his unspoken, 'Im done get out of my den unless you've actually got something wrong' hang in the air as his tail thumped on the dirt floor.

@Jackpot
Snakeheart was unabashedly lurking in the entrance of the medicine cat den looking out onto the clearing with narrowed eyes. A specific small tom hadnt come to get examined like he should have and the medicine cat could see him now wandering across the clearing pelt ruffled unacceptably (at least by Snakehearts standards). Their family had a reputation for well kept pelts brought about by Foxblazes incessant grooming habits and for whatever reason Chivekits was not spick and span.
Well if you want something done right (ie: a bath and a check up)...

Snakeheart lunged out from his shadowed lurk spot as his brother wandered by like a shark immediately trying to grab him and give him a thorough bath as he needed letting out a fairly lighthearted hiss. "You have not come to get your head checked out you little rat didnt I say I was worried about whatever injury caused your memory issues? Do you not care about the worries of your bigger brother at all you jerk? This bath is punishment so sit still and take it." he wasnt as rough as he couldve been about it though.
Closed Thread