by Rani
Last post by Alchemist Kitsune
Today 09:11 PM
fleckpaw's training [p]
Last post by furrensic
Today 09:10 PM

Old September 15th, 2023, 04:08 PM
Halloqueen

Bump Policy: 1-2 days. I have been SUPER busy with school, so sorry if I don't respond quickly!
My Mood: Happy
Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleek View Post
"If that's fine with you?" Sparkkit inquired, looking over at Lilackit. He sat down, curling his tail over his paws as he waited for a response.

Sorry for the short response, I don't have a lot of time.

@Theodore_510 @eris
Lilackit nodded at the two cats.

@Sleek
@eris
Old September 17th, 2023, 10:01 PM
reverting my way back

Bump Policy: anytime !!
My Mood: Cheeky

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 2 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

Well, at least both kits agreed, now that just meant bringing Lilackit to the moss-bed so that she could look at her paw. Which, speaking of it, the calico couldn’t help but glance sheepishly down towards the limp paw that Lilackit had kept levitating off the ground, her lips pulling themselves together into a firm line as her brain formed a line of thought. How exactly was she going to fix it? No clue. But, it was better to experiment than not, right? With a gentle nudge of her muzzle, the calico led both kits towards the nearest unoccupied moss-bed as she pointed at it with her muzzle. “Sleekkit, I’m going to need you to help Lilackit get onto the moss-bed so that she won’t have to stand using three legs. Does that sound like an easy task for you?” The medicine apprentice eyed the young tom-kit carefully with her lapis blue gaze, her bushy tail whisking as she glanced aphrevively towards the herb storage. Hopefully they still had some poppyseeds and any potential leaves that she could use to help tie the paw into place so that it could heal properly. If they didn’t, then she would most likely would’ve had to use a daisy leaf to help keep the paw elevated enough for it to heal and to keep it from growing any potential pains in the future.

@Sleek @Theodore_510

⊱ future carrd ◦ future roleplay tracker ◦ future character bio ⊰
━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; September 17th, 2023 at 10:02 PM.
Old September 17th, 2023, 10:03 PM
reverting my way back

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear
Purrks: Herbal Knowledge - Tier 2 | The Collector [active] | Mind Reader [active]

A stolid nod of understanding came from the young calico as Drizzlecloud spoke to her, Springpaw glancing over towards the wad of marigold that she had brought over towards the duo for them to work out applying it to Shypaw’s wounds. Her mouth slightly went agape as she felt words slowly climb up her throat to respond to her mentor before feeling them suddenly shut again, her ears pressing against her head as she felt Drizzlecloud affectionately nuzzle her between the ears, and Springpaw was sure that she felt a buzz of delight rush through her system. The last cats to ever do such an affectionate gesture towards her was at least her mother and her former mentor, Rabbitchatter. It felt almost entirely bittersweet to think about for the most part, but Springpaw wasn’t prompted to let that get in the way of her thoughts. Drizzlecloud looked proud of her, and that was something that Springpaw should take into consideration even if it felt rather bittersweet to think of. It reminded her of when Rabbitchatter had taught her how to do the basic hunting crouch and he got so overly excited that he started to act like a young kit eager to hear the stories the elders had to tell. It would’ve felt like a fun thought to think about, but Springpaw couldn’t bring herself to promptly think about it for much too long, as she unconsciously felt her paws swipe the single layer of marigold over towards her direction so that it could be properly chewed up into a paste to smother onto Shypaw’s wounds since they were finished being properly cleaned out.

Without hesitation, the calico began to chew along the edges of the marigold to properly form a usable paste to smear onto the wounds that looked like they hurt worse than the devil itself. Then again, it wasn’t like Springpaw wasn’t used to seeing such gory imagery as of late. She already had seen much worse a few moons ago from Gentledoe’s majorly severe eye injury and from her mother’s lethal wounds from when that crazed, murderous tom-cat decided to attack her. The single thought almost made her come to an abrupt stop with her chewing, her muscles tensing against the thought as she felt the bitter paste remained subtly along her tongue. When she first had to do this a while ago, the taste felt ungodly bitter and it almost made her want to gag against its soft, mushy texture. Nowadays, whenever she chewed along the marigold, it just felt like a numbing feeling growing along her taste-buds and only just seemed to increase by the passing second. It was a weird feeling, really. Something that Springpaw somehow got used to after using the herb for so long. With a muffled sigh expelling through her nostrils, the medicine apprentice briefly glanced up towards Drizzlecloud when she listened to her mentor beginning to speak about her own story, interest plaguing her vision as her chewing almost grew to an abrupt stop by the interest that overcame her senses.

It shouldn’t be considered weird that both her mentor and Springpaw both were alike in different ways; partially because of their differences with what had happened to them throughout their apprenticeship. The main difference between them was their origins, and that was just the beginning of them. Springpaw was born in ThunderClan, Drizzlecloud wasn’t. Drizzlecloud was born a kittypet and had kittypet roots, Springpaw didn’t. However, even with such roots, it didn’t make Drizzlecloud a different cat. She just came from a different life that held different attributes, and if Springpaw wanted to know how her life was as a kittypet, then she could simply ask. Now, however, it didn't feel like the right time and place to be asking dwelling questions. Drizzlecloud was telling her part of her own story as Springpaw had already stated hers, and the young calico couldn’t help but feel a small amount of soft-hearted sympathy swell deeply within her chest. She knew her mentor had a couple of disadvantages due to her being half deaf, which was the reasoning for her becoming a warrior late. Springpaw’s tattered ear flicking itself silently in response, the calico resistant to the urge to silently run a paw along the torn edges of the ear. Luckily for herself, when it had been torn off, she hadn’t lost the capability to hear, but it had scarred her; both physically and mentally. The day that it had been torn off was a day that she will never, ever forget. It was the day that Smallsky left her and her siblings and never bothered to come back again.

The memory made the calico lose track of the chewing that she had been doing to the marigold clamped around her paws, the calico briefly glancing down towards the half-chewed plant as she used her tongue to push the poultice up towards the front of her mouth, being careful not to accidentally swallow and risk herself growing sick from its bitter texture. Pushing herself up to her paws, she carefully raised a forepaw up to her muzzle and used her tongue to push the paste onto the bright pink paw-pad along her paw. Afterwards, she gently used her paw to brush the poultice along the wound among the severed skin that gradually decorated itself along the back of Shypaw’s head, being sure to be as gentle as possible while she rubbed the poultice into her wounds. Good lord, why did those ShadowClan brutes always try to beat some young cats like Shypaw up constantly? The calico forcefully swallowed down a huff that was bound to escape her lips, her ears averting downwards towards Shypaw as she listened to her ask if she could leave. A frown slowly etched its way towards Springpaw’s lips, and she slowly shook her head. “Not quite yet, Shypaw,” she murmured, lowering her paw as she glanced along her side, brushing over the cobwebs towards herself so that she could apply them to the wounds. “You just need some cobwebs applied to your wounds and then you should be finished, alright? Be sure to be careful and not risk reopening those injuries or else you might be at a potential risk of an infection.”

[ -0.25 marigold ]

@Omari @Demini

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Last edited by iliri; September 17th, 2023 at 10:11 PM.
Old September 18th, 2023, 06:43 AM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eris View Post
• Springpaw •

Well, at least both kits agreed, now that just meant bringing Lilackit to the moss-bed so that she could look at her paw. Which, speaking of it, the calico couldn’t help but glance sheepishly down towards the limp paw that Lilackit had kept levitating off the ground, her lips pulling themselves together into a firm line as her brain formed a line of thought. How exactly was she going to fix it? No clue. But, it was better to experiment than not, right? With a gentle nudge of her muzzle, the calico led both kits towards the nearest unoccupied moss-bed as she pointed at it with her muzzle. “Sleekkit, I’m going to need you to help Lilackit get onto the moss-bed so that she won’t have to stand using three legs. Does that sound like an easy task for you?” The medicine apprentice eyed the young tom-kit carefully with her lapis blue gaze, her bushy tail whisking as she glanced aphrevively towards the herb storage. Hopefully they still had some poppyseeds and any potential leaves that she could use to help tie the paw into place so that it could heal properly. If they didn’t, then she would most likely would’ve had to use a daisy leaf to help keep the paw elevated enough for it to heal and to keep it from growing any potential pains in the future.

@Sleek @Theodore_510

Sparkkit listened intently, trying to remember and understand everything the medicine cat apprentice said. He nodded. Gently he approached Lilackit and offered his body for support, crouching down so she could lean on his shoulder. "Take your time," he soothed.
@Theodore_510
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!

Last edited by Sleek; September 18th, 2023 at 06:45 AM.
Old September 18th, 2023, 07:57 AM
Dabi Obsessed

Bump Policy: "Burn Like Kindle For My Flames" - Dabi
My Mood: Lonely

, @Omari @eris
SHypaw nodded, wincing as the stinging fluid was applied to her cuts

Pet's name: Zeki Of The Frozen Dawn
Old September 18th, 2023, 03:04 PM
the flower girl

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud couldn’t help but chuckle at Shypaw’s eagerness to get back to the apprentice’s den–which was fair, honestly. The scents in here could be pretty overwhelming, and it’s not like Shypaw was used to staying here, either. She didn’t blame her for wishing to be in her own moss bed right now.

“Let’s get these wounds of yours wrapped up, and then you can head on your merry way.” She spoke in a sing-song kind of way, hoping to lighten Shypaw’s dreary mood. For a moment she toddled off, returning with a big wad of cobwebs that she began to knead and pull apart with her claws upon returning. It took her a few moments to apply the cobwebs, effectively wrapping the apprentice’s body in places where the scratches and wounds were present. Once she was happy with her work and the cobwebs seemed to hold the marigold poultice in place, she lifted her head.

“There you are… You should be all good to go now. If you ever feel any discomfort from this point on, do come back and let us know. Do you want a poppy seed before you go? It’ll help with the pain–and it’ll help you have a really good sleep tonight!” Drizzlecloud offered with a friendly grin.

[ @eris , @Demini ]

Drizzlecloud smiled, feeling relief bubbling in her chest as she watched Pikekit nod in response to her words. Although the kitten’s words were low and oh-so quiet, she heard them. She found herself wilting slightly at what he had called her, head dipping as she stared down at the young tom-kit, almost as if she were filled with grief.

The blue-grey spotted tabby shifted her position so that she could lay down, curling her tail around the small fluffball that was currently snuggled up to her paw. Her mind was racing a bit, she almost didn’t hear Cloudykit’s voice.

“Ah–oh, um… He’ll be okay, yes. He just needs a lot of rest. I pray that he doesn’t end up with a limp, but I can’t be too sure, either. We’ll just have to see how he heals–but either way, he’ll be able to walk with time.” She explained gently, even despite how frazzled she appeared to be all of a sudden. Her gaze shifted to Springpaw, sending her a pleading look, hoping that she would get the idea and answer Cloudykit’s question for her.

Usually she would try and do that herself, but her brain was all muddled up. This poor tom-kit had just called her mama. It was something so simple, but it was emotionally charged–enough to set her off balance for a few moments. She just needed a minute or two to think, that’s all.

[ @Ymir @Caspian @/eris ]

Drizzlecloud nodded gratefully to Springpaw before she flicked her tail, vaguely motioning towards Springpaw’s nest. “Yes, I will call for you if I need to–but for now, go and rest.”

First, she soaked a small wad of moss, using it to clean up his wounds. Washing away the blood that had begun to dry up in his fur, as well as any dirt or what-have-you. After she discarded the moss, she grabbed herself two heads of marigold and a cobweb, quietly slinking about the den as she gathered what was necessary and returned to her snoozing patient. It was kind of funny–but also concerning. They canceled each other out, though, so she supposed that she couldn’t laugh nor feel too worried.

So, she tended to her dead-asleep patient, quietly chewing up the marigolds to apply them to his new wounds. Since he was asleep, it was a bit easier than usual–no flinching from the stinging pain. Even so, it was a bit difficult to move Alderstep around in order to actually apply the poultice. What was even harder, though–getting him wrapped up! The guy was sleeping like a rock, and she almost thought that he had actually died a few times during the process.

Thankfully, she managed to get him all patched up. With a quiet snicker of amusement, she nosed at the tom’s forehead, taking the time to smooth his fur out and make it all neat and tidy. He had a tough time today, obviously–even if he did come in here spitting out mean remarks. With another lick between the ears, she left the deputy to sleep.

[ @navarra , @/eris ]

Drizzlecloud appeared with a head of marigold and some cobwebs. She set them cobwebs down near her apprentice’s paws, instead opting to chew on the marigold that she had brought along with he so that she could apply it as soon as Springpaw was finished cleaning the warrior up.

Due to the sleepy sort of haze that she was in, she didn’t say much, just munched away on the marigold until it began to mix up into a saliva. Bitter and kind of yucky, but she was used to that by now. She offered Feathernose a reassuring smile and a nod, a silent way of saying, ‘hello, we’ve got you covered, you’ll be okay!’.

[ @Starfinder , @/eris , also sorry this one is so short ahaha]

Drizzlecloud Midnightpath Smolderpaw Seedkit
Old September 21st, 2023, 09:33 AM
reverting my way back

• Springpaw •

The sudden take to offense that Springpaw saw flash across Larchflame’s expression was more than enough to make Springpaw mentally grimace at herself. Were those the wrong choice of words to use for the now offended molly? Most likely. Biting back a grimace, the calico merely shot Larchflame an apologetic look while she trudged her way towards the herb storage, reaching a paw in to rummage through and grab a daisy leaf to help appeal out Larchflame’s lame paw. Her oriental-shaped ears didn’t take much of what Drizzlecloud had begun to utter towards the injured molly, as the calico had merely been focused on gathering the proper herbs to help for this occasion. Once she had found the proper herb, the calico swiftly pulled it towards her with a forepaw and carefully picked it up with her jaws, being careful not to piece the leaf-like center with her sharp canids. She also made sure to gather a couple of poppyseeds as well, just so that she could give them to the injured molly in case the pain was absolutely unbearable to deal with by the second. Satisfied with her findings, Springpaw trekked her way back towards the duo of felines and a silent hum expelled through her throat as she sat down in front of them, placing the bundle of herbs in-between them. “Here’s the leaf. Now, we are going to need to wrap it around Larchflame’s paw if we want it to get better. Afterwards, she could eat these poppyseeds that I plucked out from the storage-” she used her bushy tail to guide them closer to the injured molly for her to inspect, “-and then she should be free to go. Speaking of the paw, you should probably lay off on it for a couple of days before it gets better. Of course, you can dip your paw in the water and carefully move it around so that it strengthens it, but it will be best to lay off for a while before it starts to feel better.”

@Omari @Apollo.

• Springpaw •

Satisfied with her work, she backed up and silently eyed the freshly cleaned wound before placing the crimson-caked moss-ball to the side, glancing over her shoulders to see Drizzlecloud carefully working on the marigold to get it properly chewed up and ready to be slathered onto Feathernose’s wounds. She silently grimaced at herself in thought before glancing back over at the injured feline, carefully draping the herbs towards herself. “Once the marigold gets placed onto your wounds, it’s going to sting for a couple of seconds before it numbs it. It’s going to help fight off any potential bacteria on your wounds and be sure to keep it from developing any infection,” she explained, sympathy welling up in her lapis blue eyes as she carefully eyed the injury among Feathernose’s head. It was almost a miracle how most of her clan-mates came back partially okay after such events such as these. She didn’t dwell on the thought for much too long though, only waiting for Drizzlecloud to finish chewing up the marigold so that it could be placed onto Feathernose’s wounds.

@Starfinder @/Omari

• Springpaw •

Springpaw hadn’t really had much to say after she was finished applying the poultice to the wounds, merely backing up to let Drizzlecloud intervene so that she could patch the wounds up with the cobwebs to finish off the entire procedure and let them be done with it. Springpaw watched from a couple fox-lengths away, dipping her poultice-caked paw into the water to properly clean it out so that it wouldn’t be caked with any remnants of bacteria and poultice for the rest of the day. She was sure that she would’ve been grossed out if that was what she had to deal with for the rest of the day, but she didn’t mutter her complaints about it.

@/Omari @Demini [apologies for the bad post, just trying to get these finished up!]

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Old September 21st, 2023, 07:25 PM
Dead But Not Buried

Status: Gimme black coffee in the vms (please I need it to stay alive)
Bump Policy: whenever you feel appropriate
My Mood: Kingly

Cloudykit yawned, tired, but his amber gaze didn’t waver as he stared questioningly at the Medicine cat Apprentice. He tilted his head, ears leaning to the side as he did. “Will he?” he asked, completely having not heard Drizzlecloud, his gaze trained on Springpaw, waiting for the answer that he knew Springpaw would give. Or at least the answer he hoped she’d give. Cloudykit held his tail high, suspense deepening the moment of complete silence

@eris @Omari @Ymir
Old September 23rd, 2023, 04:22 PM
reverting my way back

• Springpaw •

Cloudykit’s sudden choice of words hit her right in the heart more than Springpaw truly expected for them to do; the tom-kit truly did care for his best friend and Springpaw couldn’t blame him. She had cared for her siblings in the way that Cloudykit had cared for his best friend. The feeling brought a pang of shame into Springpaw’s system, her lips briefly turning into a frown as she momentarily glanced away from the young tom-kit, taking a moment to collect her thoughts before focusing back towards him again. It took a lot of bravery for a single kit to have the full-blown courage to do what he did, and she couldn't be more than proud of that. “That right there takes a lot of guts and courage to do, you know. You risked your own life to save Pikekit and you knew it was for the better. If I was your age, I would still be entirely stuck in the nursery,” she couldn’t help but expel a short laugh afterwards, trying to light up the rather grim moment for each of them. “But, it ain’t about me, it’s about you. I know that you want yourself and Pikekit to become apprentices, and it will happen, I just know it,” she hoped that she was at least being truthful right there. She didn’t want to break the poor tom-kit’s heart if she wasn’t. Both he and Pikekit deserved to become apprentices when the time was right… but it wasn’t now. Especially not with how undeniably grave their injuries were. They needed to take a moment to rest within the safe depths of the medicine den or even presumably in the nursery where queens would be able to keep an eye on them. They both seemed like profitable choices.

Luckily for the latter, it seemed that Drizzlecloud had finished patching up the injured Pikekit and was now trying her hardest to get the frightened tom-kit to calm down. Springpaw could’ve sworn that she felt her heart break in two for both her and Pikekit. If Springpaw wasn’t lying, she was almost absolutely certain that Pikekit was going to have to stay inside of the medicine den for much longer than Cloudykit, especially given the current state of the situation. Pikekit needed to be watched and attended to if he was going to fully heal up during his recovery period. Just as she opened her jaws to question her mentor, Cloudykit’s voice broke through her thoughts, and inquisitive blue hues draped over towards his direction as she listened to him question if Pikekit will be able to walk again. Her brain felt like it was suddenly buzzing and buzzing as she sucked in a sharp breath between her clenched teeth, her mind working itself to figure out a proper response to the young white-furred tom to see how exactly she could answer that. Would Pikekit be able to walk properly again? Will he be able to stand on all fours without requiring any assistance? Will he potentially need physical therapy? The questions poured and pounded into the deepest crevices of her brain, and words helplessly climbed up her throat to make out the best response that she could give to the young tom-kit, and yet, before she could, Drizzlecloud beat her to it.

A wave of relief had briefly gone awash over her, silently hoping that Cloudykit would take in her mentor’s words. Unfortunately, that wasn’t deemed to be the case, as Springpaw felt her eyes land among Drizzlecloud’s jade-green, catching the pleading look that eliminated off her gaze. Springpaw, now feeling entirely out of options, felt her lips purse defiantly as she worked out the right response to say to Cloudykit, who had turned his focus back towards her with his own look of plea. Lips dry, Springpaw briskly swiped her tongue across her lips as a gentle, careful smile crept its way up towards her lips. “I believe that he will,” she explained, making her over besides Cloudykit to kneel down closer in his view. “I believe that he will earn the ability to walk again. It will just take some time for him to regain that ability again. He may need plenty of rest and physical therapy to help him regain that strength to walk in his legs again. During those times, you may come accompany him so that he isn’t alone while learning how to walk again. Does that sound okay?” Her eyes searched through Cloudykit’s yellow hues to search for any answer that she could possibly receive, ignoring the pang of anxiety and fear that thrummetted through her chest. What if her words were wrong? The question felt more and idiotic to ask, and she hoped it was nothing more than just simply wrong. “However, with this all out of the way, you should be more than free to go then. I would like for you to stay off that paw of yours so that the cut can heal completely. Try not climbing any more trees now, alright? Wait until you're an apprentice and so that an actual warrior can teach you.”

@Omari @Ymir @Caspian [cries in how late this is]

━━━━━━━━┓ ✠ ┏━━━━━━━━

Old September 23rd, 2023, 07:05 PM

Status: I'm a sad zombie cause Muskratpaw was marked missing even though she shouldn't be missing.
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Beetlekit walked into the medicine den. She hadn't been feeling well recently and had been coughing for a bit so the young she-cat had decided to visiit the medicine den. She searched for either Drizzlecloud or Springpaw, coughing fairly often. She wished she could call for them, as that would be easier but the ridiculously tiny six moon old kit had known that she was mute for moons. @Omari @eris
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.

Last edited by Katiethewolfchild; September 23rd, 2023 at 07:23 PM.