Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: In Love

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 28 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Wally Darling~ @Doom || for foxkit to witness /w\
The medicine cat perked up as someone approached him, coughing lightly. Cowtuft stared blankly, eyebrows furrowing together. He couldn't place a name to their patterns -- they had a few brown tabbies throughout WindClan. Blimey, he sure hoped the feline was clearing their throat. He hadn't -, he hadn't quite figured out how to treat the strange and peculiar sickness.

Flashing a small smile, he rose to his paws. "Goodmorning..!" He gestured, lifting a paw to touch it against his chin and pull it away towards the left. "How .. are we doing today..? Anything I can help you with..?" He signed slowly, listening carefully to the warrior.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa! @Alchemist Kitsune || SO SORRY !! this roleplay slipped my mind -- ,,, this is mostly a reaction post !!
Red flashed through Cowtuft's pelt. "Oh, gee,, sorry Orangepaw ..! I figured if you were coughing then .. " He signed messily in a haste, shaking his head back and forth. Rather embarrassing, his mind was a bit hectic --- hard to focus these days when running on a time limit. His eyebrows furrowed close together while Watertail elaborated on the symptoms. His tail curled up, pondering for a quiet moment. If it was chest pain, it could be related to his heart. Orangepaw was young, that would be unlikely.

"Could.. you describe the ache..? Is it sharp, dull.. burning.. crushing?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. To his surprise, someone popped up, entering into the den licking their lips. He looked on, confusion growing until he squinted rather hard at her wide ears... and a feather in their pelt,, "Lightningstorm..!" Cowtuft grinned, waving his tail.

"Ooh.. that is a possibility,, " He nodded in agreement, ears lowering slightly as she explained they were out of said berries that might be of use. Shucks. If it was breathing issues ,, burnet wouldn't be much help with the chest pain. They had poppy seeds, surely? It couldn't solve the issue but, if it made the apprentice sleepy he could at least get some relief. "I reckon juniper berries .. would be best .. thank you, little lily..! Poppy seeds might ..help a little, let you get some rest, " Cowtuft suggested, turning to Orangepaw.

His ears perked up at Lightningstorm's groan as she returned with a berry in maw. "Oho! Little hiding fella, .. always rollin' everywhere, " He shook his head. Very sneaky berries.

His attention was quickly diverted, widening at the tom's shaky question and oh my, his heart. He placed a paw against his chest. He nodded profusely in agreement with Lightningstorm. Orangepaw was safe. It was horribly sad he would doubt otherwise. That ,, gibbity-gobblin' sickness. Evil, complete evil it was.

"Juniper berries are quite yummy, I do hope that helps out out..!" He signed, huh. The more you knew.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Moonraven @Rani @Alchemist Kitsune
Cowtuft wished he didn't have a knack for making a fool out of himself. He shuffled his paws, unable to hide the redness that coated them despite his best efforts. "Well,, " His ears lowered, unsure how to paraphrase the details of the situation. "Not the best, at seeing.. in darkness.,, so I bumped my shoulder,, tumbled.. and stepped on something squishy — cold, terrifying and I hurt my leg,, lots of just.. very sudden.. things,.. All at once, gave me a bit of a shock when I was not quite awake,,, " He rambled quietly, shaking his head back and forth. It wasn't exactly a lie. he didn't like squishy nor pain! It had spooked him, it was just more of the color.

The color was still very distracting but maintaining eye contact with the newcomer was stress inducing. Cowtuft straightened up once Twilightstar spoke and explained that this was no newcomer but instead their previous tunneler. His eyes lit up, mouth forming a small o-shape of understanding. Crowtooth! He's met the tom once, or twice? He was familiar, and it was enough for him to grin. "Pleasure to have you back..!" He opted to gesture this part out, tilting his head curiously. Head injury ,, memory loss. Goodness, how terrifying. Had the warrior been in the tunnels all this time or was it a coincidence? Considering Crowtooth's conditions he imagined it was the first ..

He settled into silence, thinking deeply. Scalescar had the issue of retaining memories too but it had eventually all came back (at least as far as he knew.) He turned to look to Lightningstorm, nodding his head in agreement. "If you would ..be a dear! I can come along..? it's awfully late .. Little worried, " Cowtuft pointed out, even harder to be aware of your surroundings. "We'll also likely.. need to get mouse bile, for the critters..!" He explained through signs.

"I do believe all we have.. at the moment that might be of some use.. is poppy seeds.. It'll help with any pain.. you might be experiencing.. and allow you to take quite a pleasant nap while you wait for proper herbs .. With that being said, how is your head injury ..? Do you experience frequent headaches..? For your memories,, we have someone who has .. uhm, dealt with a similar issue..? Scalescar — he might be someone to talk to, who is familiar with this.." He reached up to scratch behind his ears.

"If you seem to .. be losing progress, please let me know.. You can also,,, try to expose yourself to like.. things that might remind you..? Such as locations or smells,, It might not be an affirmative way but.. it could help..! Or, doing memory games..!! Help strengthen the head,, Furthermore, I am not very experienced.. with tangled,, fur.. but the best possible action I could think of.. is avoid getting it wet .. and we can try to loosen the matts.. After it is first treated with mouse bile. Is there anything y"

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Bluestar3235
Cowtuft sat up, blinking wearily at a tiny voice. Was someone in his den? Wah? He dragged himself up to his paws, yawning softly. Duty call's.. He sleepily shuffled into the main section, looking at a small kit. Fluffy white, uhh, goodness. He wasn't so familiar with the tiny ones these days. Their paw didn't look to be in quite the best condition either. "Hihi, here to help.. here to help.." Cowtuft lifted his paw, twisting it over to show his pad.

"Do you mind letting me look at your paw..? I just have to examine it so.. I know what course of action to take, " He mewed softly, offering smile to them in hopes to comfort them.
Orangepaw smiled gratefully and shyly up to Cowtuft and Lightningstorm. "T-thank you" He muttered, reciving a relived lick from his father, Watertail pressed his muzzle to his sons head for a moment, his eyes closed and tail twitching happily. Orangepaw smiled at his father and to the medicine cats. "D...d-do I have to come back or anything?"

"If this moment is our wave. Dont' be afraid, face it with more strength"
- ATEEZ, WAVE

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here

@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur @/Hollyheart of thunder @/MaplestrikeWCUE

I love Seonghwa to Mars and back. I love his smile, his laugh, his amazing genderless, sleek style. I love everything about this man and nobody can change my mind. Park Seonghwa my joy I love you <3
Old December 19th, 2023, 07:26 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them19 moonstags; @x ghostie @Alchemist Kitsune
═ ═ ═
Poppysong limps into the medicine cat den, covered in dirt and dust. Scratches and cuts are all over their face and back, but not big enough to constitute a medicine cat visit.

Poppysong looks around, their back left leg hanging in the air. They blink and sink back, lowering it to the ground again.

“Hello-?” They croak with their dry throat, and they begin coughing.

Last edited by MangofDoom; December 19th, 2023 at 07:29 PM.
Old December 20th, 2023, 09:01 PM
The Ping You Dread

My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 45 moons
[Deep russet tabby with blue eyes and white chest, muzzle and paws]

---------------
[Poppysong- @MangofDoom ]
---------------
Hawkfur followed close behind, also covered in dust and sand. He wasn't limping, however, and seemed mostly unharmed. He supported Poppysong on one side, waiting for the medicine cat.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~
Old December 22nd, 2023, 11:17 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

Lightningstorm found herself pacing back and forth in her burrow, unable to rest. She should. She really, really should. But how could she? Information kept buzzing in her mind. It wanted to let itself be known. Be heard. Like if she had all the pieces to solve something, but it wasn't what she wanted to solve. To know. Her mind was rejecting reality for some reason, and that just served to make her more irate in her pacing.

A moon had passed, and yet WindClan was no closer to solving the mystery of this plague. There had been more deaths as far as she knew, but none had been cases she had handled. None patients she had treated, so her knowledge on the matter was lesser than that of her mentor's. He was still optimistic. Still clinging to the hope that this was snow fever, going as far as calling for a patrol to seek out the sunset roses that had saved them last time this illness had taken over the clan. The lithe calico disagreed entirely on this assessment.

It just... it made no sense. How many moons had she been studying to be a medicine cat? Two seasons? Alright... so she didn't have his expertise. His experience to count on. Not to make her own decisions. But in her time as a healer never had there been an illness that showed no symptoms and had a cat just suddenly die. And now this happened to not one, but four cats at once? There was nothing connecting them. They all had different symptoms. Different cats treating them. They even came from different dens... save the two warriors Cowtuft had treated. So why had no one else just randomly dropped dead after this? Why was it only cats who sought out treatment for seemingly unrelated conditions?

Lightningstorm could feel her stomach churn, discomfort taking over her as she paused, taking a deep breath. This was getting her nowhere... except apparently the herb storage. When had she stopped pacing in place and started walking here? Befuddled, the young she-cat debated going back to her burrow, but decided against it. She wasn't going to sleep anytime soon. Might as well clear up and organize the herbs. Stars knew warriors left a mess whenever they entered the den to leave herbs after patrols.

In an instant she was calmer. Doing what she knew best. Compartmentalizing everything into its best spot. Each small notch on the wall a place to place herbs in by category. Slowly, as she moved herbs about, she frowned, focused. Alright. So Cowtuft had more knowledge than her. That she would never argue. So what could she do? She could separate the things she knew. See each memory, every tidbit of information go into its own separate designation... Maybe exploring everything out this way would make her see what was rotten? Much like it helped her spot the rotten herbs in the storage.

Fact. It had been Cowtuft who had discovered this plague after some cats began dropping at his paws after treatment. Lightningstorm had not been aware of what illness or symptoms these cats had, but they had all fallen, so naturally an alert for disease had been raised. Fact. This mysterious plague seemed to remain out of her radar until the checkups. None of the cats she had tended to seemed to have contracted this disease, yet four cats - two warriors, one apprentice, one kit - had fallen to the mysterious illness. Nothing in common except for the two warriors who slept in the same den, but had not been in contact with each other as far as she was aware. Still, this ventured into the side of guessing, so she decided to do away with such thoughts and focus once more on what she knew. So what did these cats have in common?!

The spotted healer closed her eyes, uncertainty washing over her. She could still remember Stickpaw's trust. How certain she had been he would survive. And she hadn't been the only one. She had spoken to everyone afterwards. All of the cats that had been involved in treating potentially infected felines. Firestorm had been devastated. She hadn't been trained for this. Hadn't expected a cat whom she had given a healing herb... a kit who should still be here... to just die. It would have been crushing for either Cowtuft or herself, but Firestorm had never had a clanmate whom she'd been healing die in front of her. The first one was always the worst. And poor Cowtuft... he'd had two die. Double the anger from his clanmates. Never mind the cats he had saved in his time serving the clan, it was the deaths everyone gave a rat's arse about in the end.

Fallownose had been the only one to escape this fate. The one of the cat who had survived while somehow failing another entirely. He'd been lucky. None of his patients had been ill. A rarity. The Abyssinian mix would have assumed that if a kit was so sick to the point they died of disease, a queen would have been soon to follow. Or another kit, at the very least. Yet no one had come forth. No one had asked to be checked up. No one had-

Almond shaped eyes flew wide open as a smell wafted towards her. A familiar scent. Sickly sweet. Rotten. Like those herbs. Those herbs that had gone bad. Like the scent on that tansy she had given Stickpaw. She had never used tansy before. Never seen it before that day. She had assumed that it was the tansy that had made the previous herbs smell so strange. Some sort of strange cross contamination of the flower's juices on the other herbs. But... she'd seen fresh tansy ever since. It didn't look like that. Didn't quite smell like that. So where-

Following her nose, lapis blue hues soon fell upon a clutter of leaves that... didn't quite belong there. Wrinkling her nose, she wondered how these had gotten here. Well... she supposed it was the end of leaffall. With leafbare all but upon them, it made sense that leaves from the Galewood had entered the den... it was more so the organized bundle they were in that surprised Lightningstorm. She would have expected leaves all over the place, not just placed like this so... organized in their disorganization. Was this were the smell came from? The dead leaves of the Galewood? Impossible. The entire camp would have smelled like this during leaffall. So why here?

Momentarily distracted from the trail of thought she had traversed, the petite healer took her paw and dragged the leaves away, fully intending to remove the pesky things from the den only to notice a branch behind the leaves. Or rather, a branch inside a notch behind the leaves. It was like one of the notches left by Dustbunny when she had created the den, but different. Crudely made. Lower than the rest and out of the way, as if not meant to be found. Large and shapeless, as if made by huge, inexperienced paws, or paws lacking full control of themselves. There was no mistaking it, the scent was coming from here.

Lowering her head, Lightningstorm took the branch in her mouth, intending to drag it out of its crevice when she stopped, a gasp making her drop it in an instant as if she had been struck by it. There, amidst the dried out leaves lay a single, rotting orb, blackened and darkened due to the passage of time, but with an unmistakable tinge of red beneath the vile discoloration. The young healer had never seen one. Had only heard of them. Cowtuft himself had told her... hadn't he? That he had never seen one, but that he had been taught as much. About the red berries. About the deathberries. About how lucky WindClan seemed to be that they didn't have any such berries to worry about. Had... had her mentor lied to her? Why were these here? She wasn't sure if they were but... stars above, what else could they be? If they were a herb he was testing... if they were a herb that he had used then-

It was as if everything she knew came crashing down upon her in an instant. A brilliant strike of lightning that boomed into a cacophonous thunder that could be heard echoing through time itself, because the realization of what everyone had in common had suddenly come forth. Had been pieced together as the last bit of missing information was making itself known. No one in Fallownose's group had eaten any herbs! The scent. The sweetly sick scent. It was... it was the scent of death. Oh stars... the one thing they all had in common. All of the deaths... They had been fed the herbs that Cowtuft had distributed to them, with only Fallownose and his lack of interested patients spared.

"No... No no no... This isn't... This can't..."

Her mumbling stopped, Lightningstorm shut her eyes, dark spots clouding her vision as she felt her heart rate go up. She had... she had fed Stickpaw a tansy contaminated with deathberry juice, hadn't she? Oh stars... Firestorm had fed the kit deathberry juice. Cowtuft had... had... But he had the deathberries, didn't he? How could he not...

Bile raised up the lithe calico's throat, and in an instant she found herself running, needing to come up for air. Stars above, she was going to be sick. Because she knew what the facts were telling her. Understood what it looked like. The logical conclusion to come to. But her heart? Her heart refused to believe it. Because it was impossible. Her mentor was no killer. Dark forest be damned. She didn't care if Peachfrost had spoken the truth, there was no way this was the reality of the situation. No way this was the true face of the plague!

@Moonraven [Twilightstar]
| I know Twilightstar was going to talk to Lightningstorm soon, so I am not certain if you would want for their talk to be in the medicine cat's den with Lightning bumping into Twilight at the entrance, or in the clearing, or the Galewood? Feel free to have Twilight notice Lightning and call her towards wherever you prefer the talk to take place, no worries! |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 23rd, 2023, 12:15 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

Lightningstorm opened her mouth, ready to object with Mintkit's decision before she shut up. How many moons had she been wrecked by nightmares? Twelve? Thirteen? It seemed her whole life of late, truth be told. And the entire time, she had told no one. Sure, a small slip here and there. A little admittance that was quickly distracted from. Forgotten. Could she truly argue with glows decision, then, if she had done the same? Was still doing the very thing to this day?

No, she couldn't. At best, she could be grateful that at least this one had not followed her pawsteps to the same extreme she had. Glow had at least told someone about glows troubles, even if it had been over a misplaced attempt to warn her about dangers to come. Dreams were powerful, could easily warp your sense of reality. Especially in your younger, kit moons.

"Don't your worry about Cowtuft and me, love. Cowtuft's too big to attract those nasty birds, and I'm too wiry. Wouldn't make a good snack I don't think," Lightningstorm purred, a small smile making her whiskers twitch as she attempted to soothe the kit.

Mintkit was exhausted. It was clear from glows motions and speech. Empathy coursed through the medicine cat at the sight, knowing full well what it was like to suddenly find herself tired when she felt safe. Guarded. Close to someone she could trust. But with the plague upon them... with the potential for the medicine cat den to be tainted by whatever had killed those cats before... the lithe calico couldn't afford to let glow remain here for long. She felt guilty, knowing glow needed the rest, but she couldn't allow herself to be so negligent over her feelings on the matter. Logic dictated otherwise. Perhaps... she could offer another solution? At least for tonight.

"Tell you what, though. Let's make sure, alright? I could use some fresh air. An underground den doesn't do wonders for that, right? What if... Would you mind terribly? If I go to the nursery, just for tonight? Would def make me feel much safer, small sleepover with a good friend. You think Leopardsong would be fine with tha'?"

@Partypooper [Mintkit]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 23rd, 2023, 12:46 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Mintkit felt a lot safer while Lightingstorm reasured glow that she and Cowtuft were going to be fine. Glow purred before saying something to the calico. ''I don't think she minds... but I want you to treat the sick cats'' Glow didn't want other cats to feel sick.
@Alchemist Kitsune

Warning: I might randomly dissapear from the forums and stop replying, posting or whatever, it's because I'm either grounded or taking A L O N E T I M E for an overly long time

Hey! Don't leave yet! I've got a Hogwarts RP just for ya. Still no RP thread but once we get members in the Sign ups, I'll make a RP thread. Link: Click or else Avada Kedavra
Old December 23rd, 2023, 09:40 PM
THEY GAVE ME A GUN

Bump Policy: Anytime is fine! I’m quite forgetful
My Mood: Kingly

cowkit
Agender | 5 moons | kit | deaf and partially blind
extremely small black and white cat with floppy ears and milky white almost blue eyes.

As cow blinked awake cow was unsure of how cowself felt about their new surroundings. They had been taken in not long ago by twilight’s tar and dropped off into the nursery. Not even a few moons later cowkit had noticed his sight beginning to dwindle until all cow could make our were faint blurry shapes. Then his hearing went bad to the point everything just stopped.

Quietly padding into what looked to be the medicine cats den they found themselves confused on what to do next.
@Alchemist Kitsune
@wolfie

꧁༺ inside this place is warm, Outside it starts to pour ༻꧂

Old December 24th, 2023, 07:47 PM

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micanomancy View Post
Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 45 moons

---------------
---------------
Hawkfur followed close behind, also covered in dust and sand. He wasn't limping, however, and seemed mostly unharmed. He supported Poppysong on one side, waiting for the medicine cat.

Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them19 moonstags;
═ ═ ═
Poppysong’s chest is rising and falling. They close their eyes, trying to focus on it. But the focus on their quickening heart only deepens their heartbeat echoing through their ears and neck. Is that death they smell? Or is it just the dirt clogging up their throat? They can’t tell and it only makes their heart get louder.

The walls are so close. They can’t look past it anymore. They loom over Poppysong like great beasts. Their dry throat tightens so tight they can barely breathe anymore.

“I… I have to do something,” Poppysong croaks, “I can’t be in this den. I need to get air.”

They slowly turn and limp out of the den.

“I’ll be back,” they promise. But part of them knows they lie.

(I’m going to make em escape to the territory, bye now! )

Last edited by MangofDoom; December 24th, 2023 at 07:51 PM.
Old December 24th, 2023, 08:08 PM
The Ping You Dread

My Mood: Mellow

Hawkfur
WindClan
he/him | 45 moons

---------------
---------------
Hawkfur watched Poppysong all but sprint out of the den, confusion in his gaze. He made to shout after them, that it wasn't safe to walk on that leg, that it wasn't going to heal properly, but they were gone before he could. He glanced around the medicine cat den, irritation flickering in his stomach at the lack of both of their presences. He turned out of the den, shouldering through the entrance and into the clearing. His lungs burned, but the cool air soothed it a little. He needed a nap. Hawkfur moved to the warriors den, covered in dirt and sand, his breath wheezing, and settled down in his nest to sleep off the leftover terror prickling through his fur. He was asleep immediately.

[Have fun bestie!!]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
Bump whenever! <3
~~~~~

Last edited by Mica; December 24th, 2023 at 08:08 PM.
Old December 26th, 2023, 09:54 PM
i am real and you are not

Bump Policy: Whenever :3
My Mood: Busy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfie View Post

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 28 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Wally Darling~ @Doom || for foxkit to witness /w\
The medicine cat perked up as someone approached him, coughing lightly. Cowtuft stared blankly, eyebrows furrowing together. He couldn't place a name to their patterns -- they had a few brown tabbies throughout WindClan. Blimey, he sure hoped the feline was clearing their throat. He hadn't -, he hadn't quite figured out how to treat the strange and peculiar sickness.

Flashing a small smile, he rose to his paws. "Goodmorning..!" He gestured, lifting a paw to touch it against his chin and pull it away towards the left. "How .. are we doing today..? Anything I can help you with..?" He signed slowly, listening carefully to the warrior.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa! @Alchemist Kitsune || SO SORRY !! this roleplay slipped my mind -- ,,, this is mostly a reaction post !!
Red flashed through Cowtuft's pelt. "Oh, gee,, sorry Orangepaw ..! I figured if you were coughing then .. " He signed messily in a haste, shaking his head back and forth. Rather embarrassing, his mind was a bit hectic --- hard to focus these days when running on a time limit. His eyebrows furrowed close together while Watertail elaborated on the symptoms. His tail curled up, pondering for a quiet moment. If it was chest pain, it could be related to his heart. Orangepaw was young, that would be unlikely.

"Could.. you describe the ache..? Is it sharp, dull.. burning.. crushing?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. To his surprise, someone popped up, entering into the den licking their lips. He looked on, confusion growing until he squinted rather hard at her wide ears... and a feather in their pelt,, "Lightningstorm..!" Cowtuft grinned, waving his tail.

"Ooh.. that is a possibility,, " He nodded in agreement, ears lowering slightly as she explained they were out of said berries that might be of use. Shucks. If it was breathing issues ,, burnet wouldn't be much help with the chest pain. They had poppy seeds, surely? It couldn't solve the issue but, if it made the apprentice sleepy he could at least get some relief. "I reckon juniper berries .. would be best .. thank you, little lily..! Poppy seeds might ..help a little, let you get some rest, " Cowtuft suggested, turning to Orangepaw.

His ears perked up at Lightningstorm's groan as she returned with a berry in maw. "Oho! Little hiding fella, .. always rollin' everywhere, " He shook his head. Very sneaky berries.

His attention was quickly diverted, widening at the tom's shaky question and oh my, his heart. He placed a paw against his chest. He nodded profusely in agreement with Lightningstorm. Orangepaw was safe. It was horribly sad he would doubt otherwise. That ,, gibbity-gobblin' sickness. Evil, complete evil it was.

"Juniper berries are quite yummy, I do hope that helps out out..!" He signed, huh. The more you knew.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Moonraven @Rani @Alchemist Kitsune
Cowtuft wished he didn't have a knack for making a fool out of himself. He shuffled his paws, unable to hide the redness that coated them despite his best efforts. "Well,, " His ears lowered, unsure how to paraphrase the details of the situation. "Not the best, at seeing.. in darkness.,, so I bumped my shoulder,, tumbled.. and stepped on something squishy — cold, terrifying and I hurt my leg,, lots of just.. very sudden.. things,.. All at once, gave me a bit of a shock when I was not quite awake,,, " He rambled quietly, shaking his head back and forth. It wasn't exactly a lie. he didn't like squishy nor pain! It had spooked him, it was just more of the color.

The color was still very distracting but maintaining eye contact with the newcomer was stress inducing. Cowtuft straightened up once Twilightstar spoke and explained that this was no newcomer but instead their previous tunneler. His eyes lit up, mouth forming a small o-shape of understanding. Crowtooth! He's met the tom once, or twice? He was familiar, and it was enough for him to grin. "Pleasure to have you back..!" He opted to gesture this part out, tilting his head curiously. Head injury ,, memory loss. Goodness, how terrifying. Had the warrior been in the tunnels all this time or was it a coincidence? Considering Crowtooth's conditions he imagined it was the first ..

He settled into silence, thinking deeply. Scalescar had the issue of retaining memories too but it had eventually all came back (at least as far as he knew.) He turned to look to Lightningstorm, nodding his head in agreement. "If you would ..be a dear! I can come along..? it's awfully late .. Little worried, " Cowtuft pointed out, even harder to be aware of your surroundings. "We'll also likely.. need to get mouse bile, for the critters..!" He explained through signs.

"I do believe all we have.. at the moment that might be of some use.. is poppy seeds.. It'll help with any pain.. you might be experiencing.. and allow you to take quite a pleasant nap while you wait for proper herbs .. With that being said, how is your head injury ..? Do you experience frequent headaches..? For your memories,, we have someone who has .. uhm, dealt with a similar issue..? Scalescar — he might be someone to talk to, who is familiar with this.." He reached up to scratch behind his ears.

"If you seem to .. be losing progress, please let me know.. You can also,,, try to expose yourself to like.. things that might remind you..? Such as locations or smells,, It might not be an affirmative way but.. it could help..! Or, doing memory games..!! Help strengthen the head,, Furthermore, I am not very experienced.. with tangled,, fur.. but the best possible action I could think of.. is avoid getting it wet .. and we can try to loosen the matts.. After it is first treated with mouse bile. Is there anything y"

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Bluestar3235
Cowtuft sat up, blinking wearily at a tiny voice. Was someone in his den? Wah? He dragged himself up to his paws, yawning softly. Duty call's.. He sleepily shuffled into the main section, looking at a small kit. Fluffy white, uhh, goodness. He wasn't so familiar with the tiny ones these days. Their paw didn't look to be in quite the best condition either. "Hihi, here to help.. here to help.." Cowtuft lifted his paw, twisting it over to show his pad.

"Do you mind letting me look at your paw..? I just have to examine it so.. I know what course of action to take, " He mewed softly, offering smile to them in hopes to comfort them.

he looked up in a bit of relief, seeing the just the cat he was looking for. "yes, you see i woke up with this cough, i also feel terribly weak-. i was wondering if you had something to maybe help? its been bothering me all morning.

Toadstoolspore is the leader of Mushroomclan

she has a Semi-open den policy ^^