by Minkuu
Last post by Minkuu
Today 10:22 AM
Closed Thread

Old January 18th, 2021, 09:33 PM
chirps

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Kestrelwing

Another day. Another boring day full of camp duties. Kestrelwing had been out rather early, enjoying the momentarily bliss of peace and quiet he was able to get before the rest of RiverClan seemed to wake. But now, camp life was humming as cats strolled about. Some were on their way out for training, others lounged about despite the snow that covered the ground and the chill that nearly froze the air. The tom huffed as he took a seat with the trout that he had caught earlier with Eelsting. He'd put it on the fresh-kill pile earlier, but it seemed that no one had been tempted enough to grab it. Fine. He'd satisfied his own hunger then. Besides, he was a warrior of RiverClan; he'd done more than his fair share, and knew he at least earned a decent meal. Putting up with his half-brother practically made it a requirement.

As the gray tabby tom tore into the scale-covered prey, he couldn't help but let his mind wander to the previous Gathering. So much tension, every cat seemed on edge. The rift between Dawnstar and the rest of his Clans seemed to be growing more and more, and with the recent kills on RiverClan territory by ShadowClan warriors did nothing but reinforce it. He kept it to himself, but he quite admired the ShadowClan she-cats way of leadership. She took action into her own claws, not fearing making a decision about anything it seemed. Meanwhile, Sootstar had only issued a warning at the Gathering. Kestrelwing snorted, shaking his head as he took another bite. What a pathetic excuse for a leader. They should be raiding ShadowClan right now.

Kestrelwing flexed his long claws as the image appeared in his mind, picturing that he was sinking them into the fur of a ShadowClan warrior. It made his heart flutter in anticipation; oh, how he missed the thrill of battle.

[open!]

Last edited by spade; January 18th, 2021 at 09:36 PM.
Old January 19th, 2021, 01:32 AM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post

Kestrelwing

Another day. Another boring day full of camp duties. Kestrelwing had been out rather early, enjoying the momentarily bliss of peace and quiet he was able to get before the rest of RiverClan seemed to wake. But now, camp life was humming as cats strolled about. Some were on their way out for training, others lounged about despite the snow that covered the ground and the chill that nearly froze the air. The tom huffed as he took a seat with the trout that he had caught earlier with Eelsting. He'd put it on the fresh-kill pile earlier, but it seemed that no one had been tempted enough to grab it. Fine. He'd satisfied his own hunger then. Besides, he was a warrior of RiverClan; he'd done more than his fair share, and knew he at least earned a decent meal. Putting up with his half-brother practically made it a requirement.

As the gray tabby tom tore into the scale-covered prey, he couldn't help but let his mind wander to the previous Gathering. So much tension, every cat seemed on edge. The rift between Dawnstar and the rest of his Clans seemed to be growing more and more, and with the recent kills on RiverClan territory by ShadowClan warriors did nothing but reinforce it. He kept it to himself, but he quite admired the ShadowClan she-cats way of leadership. She took action into her own claws, not fearing making a decision about anything it seemed. Meanwhile, Sootstar had only issued a warning at the Gathering. Kestrelwing snorted, shaking his head as he took another bite. What a pathetic excuse for a leader. They should be raiding ShadowClan right now.

Kestrelwing flexed his long claws as the image appeared in his mind, picturing that he was sinking them into the fur of a ShadowClan warrior. It made his heart flutter in anticipation; oh, how he missed the thrill of battle.

[open!]
Bumblestep stumbled out of the warriors den, still blinking sleep from his yellow eyes. "Good morning, Kestrelwing." He greeted his clanmate, before letting out another yawn. The tom padded over to a ray of sunlight and tried to warm his sleep matted fur. Thats when he noticed the warrior tearing into his prey, long claws flexing. "Is everything ok?" He asked, large paws shifting in the snow.
Old January 19th, 2021, 01:15 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeleaf View Post
Lizardpaw nodded. She knew quite a lot about battle moves. In fact, she'd trained herself since birth, thinking of new exercises and asking warriors for new ones.
"I am quite experienced in the realm of combat and I have recently learned many techniques." she mewed calmly. Many of those she had learned while in the Twolegplace.
His ears perking up at the thought of "many techniques", Twigpaw asked Can you show me one? PLEASE!!!!! It might have sounded a bit whiny, but he was just.....really excited. Plus, what wouldn't be awesome about learning way more cool things. He didn't even know that many now, he needed to know MORE!
Old January 19th, 2021, 01:24 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
His ears perking up at the thought of "many techniques", Twigpaw asked Can you show me one? PLEASE!!!!! It might have sounded a bit whiny, but he was just.....really excited. Plus, what wouldn't be awesome about learning way more cool things. He didn't even know that many now, he needed to know MORE!
Lizardfrost thought for a while. Despite her ambitious and antisocial nature, she wasn't against sharing her personal combat techniques. It had taken her moons to master them, sure, but she liked being useful.
"Well, I have been working on endurance and sprinting on different terrain for a long time. This not only makes me tire less but improves my balance. That way now I can gain momentum and spin on my front paws, sending a kick with both my back legs and managing to step back on all four properly." she explained patiently.
Old January 19th, 2021, 02:31 PM
it is what it is

My Mood: Mysterious

// Patrol Assignments //

Stormcall padded into the clearing, the jagged scar along her jawline and her frost-sprinkled pelt giving her a remarkably weathered appearance. Recent events had all four clans on edge, but the newly ascended deputy was determined that no circumstance would hinder the prosperity of RiverClan--and there was work to be done.
She sat in the midst of the clearing, the early morning frost covering the sand.
"Please join me for patrol assignments," she announced, her authoritative tone ringing through the clearing, "The day is short, and our duties numerous."

"Cottonstrike ( @Angelique ), Beansprout ( @elysian ) and Kestrelwing ( @spade ), I would like you to go and mark the WindClan border. Be alert, and take note of any signs of trespassing." She requested.
[Optional Prompt: You find evidence that WindClan cats have been hunting rather close to the border]

The blue gray she-cat cleared her throat, "Now, Lotusheart ( @Shadeleaf ) please take Mousepaw ( @ThePuzzlerThree ) out hunting at the Cattail Pond--there has been a strong scent of muskrat around the banks as of late, and you may stumble upon fresh-kill, and an excellent hunting lesson for Mousepaw."
[Optional Prompt: you discover a nest of muskrats in the reeds.]

She moved on, tail flicking lightly as she thought, planning her assignments with much consideration, "Foxblaze ( @Exis ), have Littlemist ( @rosetherosey ) and Featherpaw ( @thelabradorr ) accompany you to the ThunderClan border. It should be quiet, but as always, refresh the border markers and stay alert."
[Optional Prompt: there are signs that Twolegs have recently visited the area.]

"Graytail ( @Kipo Oak), Twigpaw ( @gs29513 ), and Fawnsqueak ( @Dipper ), head upstream and see if there is any fish in the deeper water. If there are they should be half-frozen, and easy quarry."
[Optional Prompt: you find a large carp trapped in a small pool--it takes all three of you to capture it.]

She continued, considering the most important regions of the territory, "Next, I would like to send a patrol to Lionsbeach. Eelsting ( @Beau ), Turtlepaw ( @Cobra), and Burrface ( @dinosaur ), go ensure that there is no sign of tresspassers."
[Optional Prompt: you discovered a beached, dead whale at Lionsbeach--it's unlike anything you've ever seen before!]

"Blizzardsky ( @Zesty Mango ), please take Jaggedpaw ( @Lionblaze2008 ) out hunting at the Sleepy Thicket--as always, be alert to any signs of wandering rogues."

[Optional Prompt: you discover old tufts of fur from a rogue.]

Stormcall glanced around the clearing to ensure that everyone understood their respective tasks, "And lastly, Gingerfrost ( @Estelle ), and Fishspeckle ( @Willowfern ), I would like you to join me in patrolling the ShadowClan border. Dawnstar has made it very clear that she will not take responsibilty for her warriors, so the task falls to us to ensure that recent events...do not repeat themselves."
[Optional Prompt: you discover a half consumed deer fawn near the border--evidence of a large predator like a fox or coyote.]

| reports are due Jan. 29 |

TideClan Information: https://scrivenerlit.wixsite.com/tideclan

RP Requests and Bumps:
http://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/...877#post905877

• Stormcall, RC Deputy •

✧・゚: * always down to rp! ✧・゚: *

-currently travelling for work, so replies may be slower than usual -

Last edited by ghostwriter; January 19th, 2021 at 03:29 PM.
Old January 19th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Lotusheart turned to Mousepaw. Looks like the new deputy had assigned them on patrol. It had honestly been a while since the last time.
"Well, Mousepaw, looks like we're going on your first patrol." she meowed.

(I'll post at Cattail Pond when it's convenient. We don't have to reply immediately, but we must finish until 29th)
Old January 19th, 2021, 03:40 PM
You're stuck with me

Hunting? He could do hunting! He wasn't the best at fighting, nowhere near as good as he wanted to be, but he could get there. Hopefully they wouldn't run into any outsiders or cats from other clans. Scampering towards the warriors, one of whom he recognized as the retired, or quit, or whatever medicine cat, he mewed Come on, let's go! This is gonna be fun! At least he figured it would be. He might be completely wrong. @Dipper @Kipo Oak
Old January 19th, 2021, 03:47 PM
kinda jus lurking

Bump Policy: 4-7 days, 3 if its urgent
My Mood: Stressed

( @Zesty Mango )
Jaggedpaw nodded. Maybe they could do a training session later.
In school from 7:45am-2:45pm EST mon-fri. weekends vary with my schedule
Not online afterschool wednesdays or thursdays (at karate the whole night)
Very active on discord (shaae_26)
I'm a 10th grader in highschool and I try to be a helpful person on site so feel free to ask me any WCO questions!
~~~~~
Pronouns are He/Him | EST Time Zone | My Birthday is March 1st. | Favorite color is purple. | About Me
~~~~~
{Jackdawkit} - {Falconkit}
~~~~~

Old January 19th, 2021, 03:55 PM
You're stuck with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeleaf View Post
Lizardfrost thought for a while. Despite her ambitious and antisocial nature, she wasn't against sharing her personal combat techniques. It had taken her moons to master them, sure, but she liked being useful.
"Well, I have been working on endurance and sprinting on different terrain for a long time. This not only makes me tire less but improves my balance. That way now I can gain momentum and spin on my front paws, sending a kick with both my back legs and managing to step back on all four properly." she explained patiently.
His ears perked up and then gradually began to recede a bit as the pause dragged on. She might not want to share. He understood, if you had a special move you couldn't tell everyone or it wouldn't be special, but he had still been hoping he would learn something from the discussion. His tail lashing as he listened, glad that Lizardpaw had shared, he thought about her words. It made sense, being able to move and turn quickly on all sorts of terrain would be useful in battle, especially in another clan's territory. Shadowclan needles and Windclan moor were so much different than their own territory. Attempting the move in a smaller version, Twigpaw turned before kicking out lightly with his paws before bringing them back in and turning again, all fairly quickly. It wasn't so much looking for approval, more of a way to internalize the movements involved.
Old January 19th, 2021, 04:25 PM
chirps

Kestrelwing

Upon hearing his name being called, Kestrelwing glanced up in surprise. He hadn't been expecting to be placed on a patrol, and his eyes briefly narrowed in Stormcall's direction. The tom already disliked the molly for her seemingly devout StarClan belief, and now the fact that he wouldn't be able to just skate by anymore put another nail in the coffin. Huffing a big, the warrior gathered himself to his paws, abandoning his peaceful, serene corner and heading over to look for Beansprout and Cottonstrike. The WindClan border. Nothing was happening over there! At least send him to the ShadowClan border where he'd have the higher chance of a border battle. "You guys ready to go?" he called as he spotted the two warriors up ahead.

[ @Angelique @elysian ]
Closed Thread