by iliri
Last post by Oliver
Today 11:03 PM

Old June 5th, 2021, 09:29 AM
don't worry, be happy

My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: The Shadowledge

=====>Sparrowpaw<=====

Yep. Definitely far too nice and sweet. Greeeeeeaaaaat... It seemed like Dawnstar really enjoyed just chucking all of the positive and happy traitorous cats at him. He wondered if maybe it was because the leader hadn't trusted Buckspring and Foggybrook with any other apprentices, and he had to admit to himself that he had been probably the cat least likely to fall for their traitor manipulations, so it kind of made sense. Just another reason why Dawnstar was a great leader.

Then the thought came to him. What if this she-cat was also a traitor? If Dawnstar tended to give him manipulative, traitors as mentors to keep them in check then it could very well be possible that this cat was also a traitor. I mean...she didn't really look like it but neither did Foggybrook and they were definitely up to something...definitely...

Oh Starclan why did he always have such a hard time believing that Foggybrook was a traitor?

Sparrowpaw realized he had gotten completely lost in his thoughts and had forgotten to respond. "A-Alright." He said, trying not to seem embarrassed. @Tiabirb

Last edited by Caramel; June 5th, 2021 at 09:30 AM.
Old June 5th, 2021, 09:32 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Stempaw found the apprentice stuff quite boring, but forced herself to smile and nod along happily even though it was just a bore to her.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old June 5th, 2021, 11:15 AM
Powerhouse of the Cell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
======>Sparrowpaw<======

Sparrowpaw rushed into camp. Oh starclan how had he managed to be late to a CLAN MEETING? Hopefully Dawnstar hadn't noticed. He had gone out to explore a tiny bit on his own to get accustomed to the territories again and had only barely heard Dawnstar's call from afar.

Okay, let's see, what was going on? The whole clan seemed to be gathered, and there seemed to be some name calling, and some cats greeting eachother by bumping noses. Oh! This was an apprentice ceremony! Wait, wasn't he supposed to get a new mentor soon?

Right in that moment, Dawnstar's voice echoed across the clearing.

Sparrowpaw perked up his ears. She had definetely said his name, but what had she said before? Meadowbee? That definetely didn't sound familliar, let alone like any proper Shadowclan name. Why was he always given the nice, cute mentors? First Buckspring with all of his flowers, then Foggybrook with far too much positivity and happiness for a Shadowclan cat, and now a cat named Meadowbee? Seriously, Dawnstar?

Sparrowpaw let out a long sigh. He realized he had probably no real choice in the matter anyways, so mind as well just suck it up and meet this cat. He looked around, before spotting a she-cat looking right at him. Probably it.

The dark ginger tabby walked up to the she-cat. "Um hi, I'm Sparrowpaw, you're uhh...n-new apprentice." How old was this she-cat? He must've been around like...14-15 moons by now, what if he was older than her? Now that would be ridiculous. Was he even supposed to say anything? He barely could properly recall what he had said at his last two mentor reassignments.
@Tiabirb

For @Tiabirb (Meadowbee)
For Caramel (Sparrowpaw)

Wildfire broke into a chuckle, speeding after Meadowbee to greet Sparrowpaw. It wasn’t her job to talk to Meadowbee’s Apprentice, but did she care? No. Absolutely not!

As far as Wildfire was concerned, Meadowbee’s Apprentice was pretty much her Apprentice-in-law, and that meant she could say whatever she wanted to him and take him out on super fun training sessions with Sparkpaw and Meadowbee! And they would all be good friends and talk about cute girls and compliment each other’s fur patterns—

Oh, well Sparrowpaw didn’t look all too thrilled to be training with Meadowbee. But Wildfire knew she could change that! After all, if Sparrowpaw was her best friend’s Apprentice, he was hers, too.

“Hey, tall guy!” A mousedung eating grin on her face, Wildfire tilted her head and enthusiastically waved her tail. “How’s your swimming?!”
After her resurrection from the Dark Forest, Whitewolf has not been the same. This once loyal and honorable senior Warrior is now back with a vendetta--be aware that any new interactions with her will likely reflect a hostile and/or dangerous mentality.

Please note that Tigerpaw's racist, homophobic, transphobic, and ableist opinions do not reflect my own. Be aware her views are very bigoted before requesting roleplay with her.

Oz/Ozzie/Zee - Any Pronouns - Los Angeles, CA
Old June 5th, 2021, 12:06 PM
is cereal a soup?

My Mood: Lurking

→˚₊·* Pinepaw
The molly pondered for a bit. "Well, I have my hunting, night training, and I've been in a battle. Can we focus more on battling, though? The times I fought I didn't do the best." Her voice quaked on every word, fear still rattling through her body. She had hope for her mentor; she prayed they wouldn't be another fail.
‧₊˚┊ @Silverfur & Co

→˚₊·* please bump me if i haven't responded in 48 hours! *·₊˚←

‧₊˚ || slow replies | character site || ˚₊‧
Old June 5th, 2021, 12:36 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

@Rani

{ They certainly will }

Oh wow, flattery to the max. Brackenpaw wasn't sure if it was sincere, this cat confused her a good amount. He was definitely cunning, which would be good and bad, bad for trying to get an honest answer out of him, good... well not for her but for dealing with morons. And she didn't exactly consider herself a "moron". Maybe having different mentors prior to Redshrike would prove to be useful. Not that she knew what to expect, he was a good warrior, but when it came to personal morals, that was quite iffy.

It seemed as if he was trying to be nice, or at least polite. Two could play at that game. "Well I'm looking forward to learning as much as possible. And as you could have been paired with Wormpaw- Not name change could make Brackenpaw forget Moonpaw's condescending old name, she quite liked it if she was being completely honest - I could've been paired with a less seasoned, more soft mentor. So I'm glad Dawnstar chose you. You aren't the worst mentor there is out there."

A little test, huh? She wondered the content of the test, it was something of a pressing matter in her mind, because she had seen what this cat was capable. The attempted mind-games was proof enough that she would have to keep both eyes open whenever she was dealing with this tom.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old June 5th, 2021, 12:55 PM
ß|ł

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockfall View Post
@Quickpaw

Gingerpaw padded excitedly up to her new mentor, eyes gleaming and tail swishing behind her. Finally! A new mentor! She thought. Hopefully this one doesn't abandon me...

"Hi! I'm Gingerpaw, when can we get some training in?" Usually she would feel embarrassed for her juvenile attitude, but she was just so dang ready to actually learn.
Another apprentice? Cloudheart thought. Hopefully this one's better. And then an apprentice-who called herself Gingerpaw-came up to him. My new apprentice.
"So," Cloudheart started, not bothering to introduce himself. "why do you need a new mentor?" Hopefully it wasn't because she was horrible at just doing as she was told. "And then we'll discuss training."

Please bump me after twenty-four hours.
Ask My Cats!
Shop!
My Cats' Information!
Please check out this awesome Warriors role-playing website!

Last edited by Quickpaw; June 5th, 2021 at 02:03 PM.
Old June 5th, 2021, 01:40 PM
don't worry, be happy

=====>Sparrowpaw<=====

Who's this cat? Sparrowpaw wondered as another unfamilliar she-cat walked up to him and his mentor. She looked about a similar age to Meadowbee. Maybe she was Meadowbee's friend? He had recalled seeing his new mentor with another she-cat before coming up to him.

Tall? TALL? He had always been considered one of the shortest apprentices in the clan, so getting called tall came as quite a shocker to him. I guess he was of warrior age but in his mind he was still the short apprentice he was before, maybe he had just not noticed that he had grown during the seven moons he had spent away.

Swimming? Seriously? Did this cat really think he was some fish eating Riverclan cat who had joined Shadowclan?

The dark ginger tabby had no idea what to say. "U-Uhhhh...e-excuse me? Who are you?"
@Tiabirb @OhZeeWolf

Last edited by Caramel; June 5th, 2021 at 01:44 PM.
Old June 5th, 2021, 01:46 PM
chirps

With everything that had happened, Grimhound remained seated, unmoving and amber eyes fluctuating between an unknown plethora of emotions. It was usually hard to tell what he was thinking, but right now it was downright impossible as he watched Badgerpaw - now Badgerscar. He'd make an excellent warrior, and once more the familial familiarity resurfaced like a tiny spark, threatening to ignite. It didn't catch though - it never would, Grimhound long ago had learned that no real emotions flowed through him that didn't benefit him in the long run.

But now... what was this? He was being made a medicine cat? What an absolute disgrace. Though he agreed Ebonyfang should be stripped of the rank - he'd heard of the callous remarks made about him at the Gathering, and despite the tension was pleased to be making a splash - and had to hold himself back from clawing the tom's face for such blasphemy (though yes it was true). A snarl curled the brown tabby's lips back in displeasure as he eyed Badgerscar. Hopefully becoming a plant loving moron wouldn't dampen his battle skills - there was nothing more that Grimhound hated than wasting his time and breath on training those who weren't even going to be of use.

He'd have to find Badgerscar later though, as it appeared his name was being called. Amber eyes flickered up to Dawnstar and the same cocky grin settled on his face as he watched her. It had been awhile since he'd spoken with her - perhaps that was due to change, he missed aggrovating the molly, knowing he could get away with it most because of what a valuable fighter he was to the Clan. "Thanks for the compliment, peaches," he purred up at her, giving a wave of his tail.

A squeaky little voice sounded in front of him, and as the scarred tom glanced down he figured this was the Silentpaw-turned-Ravenpaw. She was small - though really, everyone was compared to him - and he scoffed a bit. "Ravenpaw, hmm. Well I suppose if you turn out half as decent as Badgerscar did then you won't be a total waste of my time," he began, jaws stretching into a large yawn towards the end. "We'll get to training tomorrow, I've got a... few things planned for after this meeting."

// @ChillCat @Angelique [ incase you wanted to see Grim's reaction. He's sour now, but will return to being proud once Badgerscar expresses interest in keeping his fighting skills sharp ^^ ]
Old June 5th, 2021, 02:09 PM

My Mood: Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread View Post
→˚₊·* Pinepaw
The molly pondered for a bit. "Well, I have my hunting, night training, and I've been in a battle. Can we focus more on battling, though? The times I fought I didn't do the best." Her voice quaked on every word, fear still rattling through her body. She had hope for her mentor; she prayed they wouldn't be another fail.
‧₊˚┊ @Silverfur & Co

Darktiger looks at her apprentice and nods thinking about it "Yeah battle training first is a good idea then hunting."

Snowstripe- RC Featherspirit-RC ~ ~ Lightpaw {Sunshine}- WC Leopardfire- WC

Old June 5th, 2021, 06:52 PM
Moonraven's brother

Bump Policy: 3 days

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

Dawnstar wasn't particularly interested in how cats got along with their mentors, other than Redshrike, and Grimhound. Dawnstar had more or less settled on taking those two warriors, her newest medicine cat, who she'd have to chat with later, and her little raven into the fold of this 'family' she was keen on making. If Redshrike took a liking to Brackenpaw, she'd see about extending it. This family would serve as her inner circle, Icestar had one, but it fell apart and she never seemed particularly interested in building it back up. Perhaps it was because she had Daintybird at the time. Icestar had been a fool to be smitten with a single cat. The bigger the 'family' the longer the legacy lived. By creating a legacy, by living a life worth remembering, she could care less about dying.

It was difficult to ignore that ridiculous name the mongrel seemed so obsessed with, but if she hissed at him he'd think he won somehow, and that could not be allowed. So aside from the way her tail flickered sharply behind her, she kept her distaste for a piece of dung and that nickname out of her expression.

Adderflower appeared like she'd get along great with the mouthy Buzzardpaw. Sparrowpaw looked exceptionally displeased with Meadowbee, if he had a problem with his mentor he should speak up instead of sulking. The apprentices that caught her attention were the ones who got better mentors. Like Ravenpaw and Brackenpaw.

"When Scorchstrike's returns from the nursery, if she wants to go back to training you, then I suppose so. Darkflower and Scorchstrike will need to come and speak to me about the arrangement." If Darkflower didn't want to give up on training Berrypaw Dawnstar wasn't going to force her.

With a flourish of her long fluffy tail, the ShadowClan leader demanded all attention to return to her. She wasn't done speaking yet.

"Some of you may not know this yet if it hasn't spread around the clan yet, but it seems Bunnystar has had a litter. For whatever reason, she had them near our border and she and her litter nearly became food for Buzzards. I don't like assisting the weak if I can avoid it, but no one is going to kill my prey before me. So I decided to aid them. You will not repeat this at the Gathering or to anyone outside of our clan, the last thing I need is the other clans thinking we've gone soft. Before everyone starts running around questioning who fathered the litter, I already know who did, but that's for me to know I would advise against snooping around and trying to figure out who it is, you'll most likely end up dead." They were half breeds, disgusting half breeds. Dawnstar didn't normally concern herself with a cat's bloodline, hence why she was taking in outsiders, but half breeds were different. Or at least Bunnystar's half breeds were.

"In return for our aid, they promised us extra prey, but that be boring. We'll take the prey of course, but Bunnystar looked pretty weak the last I saw her. I've no doubt she'll have to take some time off, the bunnies new deputy looked like some fun," thinking of deputies, Dawnstar hasn't seen Finchwhisker as of late. Where was he? "I want a chunk of their territory, we don't need, but I want it. Some of you will be sent out to claim that territory. I'll call those of you going to my den later." The leader changed the topic suddenly with a more malicious smile on her maw.

"Those of you who aided me did a well enough job against the birds, but the way some of you acted with bunnies was far too friendly for my liking. I was just going to hunt you, traitors, down, but then a vexing gnat remained me that I apparently have no respect for the lives that I'm destroying." Her head hurt often trying to thinking and then rethinking over what he was trying to 'teach' her. It was easier simply just killing cats, but easy wasn't something Dawnstar liked. So she was going to try this his way, just this once.

"Instead of just killing you traitors, and you do know who you are, and I know who you are, I'm going to give you a chance to save yourselves. You can admit to me your faults, depending on why you were playing nice with the bunnies, I'll give you a test, and if you pass it all will be forgiven. If you don't you'll die. Those of you who want to keep hiding and acting like you've done nothing wrong, those of you who imprudently think that am overlooking your transgressions or that you're being smart, I'm just going to kill you outright and that will be that. So the choice is yours to make, you can live or you can die. Those of you who have been loyal to ShadowClan, you have nothing to fear from me." The brightest choice that guaranteed life at least for a bit longer would be to run. But these cats remained were they that loyal to ShadowClan, by why hang out with prey then? Were they loyal or weren't they? That's what the test would be for that and their will to live."

"As for those of you who decided to stay behind during the fight against the dogs, though some of you have excuses, those being apprentices, but so many of you warriors really should have stepped up and offered a paw. The apprentices that fought hadn't even taken their oath and yet they spilled their blood and broke their bones to defend their clan. Scorchstrike risked her kits to defend her clan. What do the rest of you have to offer!"
Dawnstar needed this issue fixed immediately. ShadowClan was not a place for those who slack off and think that they can get off without so much as a scratch when others worked their paws off to support the Clan.

"I don't care if you hate me, are disturbed, or fed up with how I take charge of the clan, they are your personal feelings and they should never ever come between you and defending ShadowClan. Warriors, you've given your oath, swore to protect ShadowClan at the cost of your lives. You failed when you refused to heed my call of action against the dogs. So now you will pay. You will shed the blood that they did to protect your cozy life by playing a punishment game. If you don't show up for the punishment or refuse it, you will be exiled or die, I'll let whoever's running the punishment decide." This should be entertaining. Regardless of how it pans out.

"Meeting dismissed." She finished, leaping down from the Shadowledge. She'd calling cats she deemed deserving of taking charge of the kittypets in the clan to her den for a chat later.

siggy art by redshiftreign
Dawnstar is the leader of ShadowClan and will shred you if you enter her den. She has a semi-closed den policy.
ShadowClan Resources ||| Dawnstar ||| ||| Kit Curriculum Finder