Closed Thread

Old August 6th, 2018, 09:43 AM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Fishie View Post
@Strange Rainbow @NightWarrior4Life @G29 @Celestial

Nectarkit instantly awoke again, his tiny head swiveling around to the new noise. A very strong and brisk voice came to his fluffy ears, and his ginger patched fur rose along his back. But, being a kit, the wariness instantly melted as the prospect of another cat came through his head. Turning around in the small cozy nest, he placed his large white paws on the side, his pink berry nose twitching towards the entrance to the den, where a new scent was.
Stumbling forward, he somehow tottered away from Peachrain’s fluffy belly, and slid down somewhat gracefully the side of the moss. Landing with a soft patter in the dusty floor of the Riverclan Nursery, he almost walked towards the sound, but didn’t get very far.
Whining loudly, he protested not being near his mother, and squirmed back into the lichen bed until he was warm again, but his muzzle was still pointed to the new feline who had entered the safe space. The nursery was getting all too loud all too quickly, but he was still extremely intrigued by this experience.
Redkit sensed her brother's confusion and curiosity and wailed, trying to comfort him and reassure him that she could smell strange scents too.

After a while, the ginger she-kit slowly became more comfortable with all the new smells and realised that the cat was friendly. They were family, even. Redkit desperately wanted to get closer, but soon knew that she needed to wait for the cat to come to her. Redkit was probably the naughtiest of the litter. She was noisy, fidgety and was incredibly impatient.
Old August 7th, 2018, 09:59 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

@Fireleaf @spring

To think he was about to be apprenticed. One more moon and he would no longer be in this nursery, but with apprentices, learning the ways of becoming a warrior. A true warrior of Riverclan. Most kits are usually brimming with excitement during this last moon of waiting, trying their best to contain themselves, wondering who their mentor will be, how many friends they'll make, when they'll get to accompany a patrol. All sorts of things like that.
And yet, none of that was on Vireokit's mind. At least not right now anyways, he was too preoccupied with what he had in front of him.
Hunched over the dead vole turned on its backside, belly up, he would pull his head close to analyze its head, it's strange teeth bared in some kind of death snarl of pain. Or maybe it was grinning?
Does prey like to be caught? Is that their goal in life? He thought to himself, the tip of his tail flicking, allowing the questions a moment of thought before carefully attempting to turn the head to the side but finding it was too stiff to do so. Rigor mortis had set in, causing all of the limbs to stiffen up and lose their limpness. These were particularly hard to dissect. Lifting his head, he'd cautiously check to see if there were any stray kits about, knowing that his mother didn't like for him to do this, especially in front of the younger ones. Once he was sure there were no younger eyes on him, he'd carefully begin to draw his extended claw from its throat to its tail. Vireokit had settled himself near the entrance of the nursery in the attempt of staying out of eyesight of the younger kits, and so far, it had worked.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by The Cannibal; August 7th, 2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:03 AM
loving my goddess <33

Bump Policy: n/a, im not on here
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
@Fireleaf @spring

Too think he was about to be apprenticed. One more moon and he would no longer be in this nursery, but with apprentices, learning the ways of becoming a warrior. A true warrior of Riverclan. Most kits are usually brimming with excitement during this last moon of waiting, trying their best to contain themselves, wondering who their mentor will be, how many friends they'll make, when they'll get to accompany a patrol. All sorts of things like that.
And yet, none of that was on Vireokit's mind. At least not right now anyways, he was too preoccupied with what he had in front of him.
Hunched over the dead vole turned on its backside, belly up, he would pull his head close to analyze its head, it's strange teeth bared in some kind of death snarl of pain. Or maybe it was grinning?
Does prey like to be caught? Is that their goal in life? He thought to himself, the tip of his tail flicking, allowing the questions a moment of thought before carefully attempting to turn the head to the side but finding it was too stiff to do so. Rigor mortis had set in, causing all of the limbs to stiffen up and lose their limpness. These were particularly hard to dissect. Lifting his head, he'd cautiously check to see if there were any stray kits about, knowing that his mother didn't like for him to do this, especially in front of the younger ones. Once he was sure there were no younger eyes on him, he'd carefully begin to draw his extended claw from its throat to its tail. Vireokit had settled himself near the entrance of the nursery in the attempt of staying out of eyesight of the younger kits, and so far, it had worked.
"Hi Vireokit what's up?" Fishkit asked

see you around wco <3
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:32 AM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
@Fireleaf @spring

To think he was about to be apprenticed. One more moon and he would no longer be in this nursery, but with apprentices, learning the ways of becoming a warrior. A true warrior of Riverclan. Most kits are usually brimming with excitement during this last moon of waiting, trying their best to contain themselves, wondering who their mentor will be, how many friends they'll make, when they'll get to accompany a patrol. All sorts of things like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireleaf View Post
Russetswirl knew that his own kits were apprentices now— at least, his youngest litter was. The rest of them had already become warriors, all by themselves... and perhaps the revelation was daunting. He hadn't spent enough time with them while they were younger, and now that he was less busy... they'd already grown up. He didn't want to be a bad father, but it seemed so much had happened while he'd been neglecting his family... perhaps that was what had driven the older warrior to take a visit to the nursery, to watch how parents even interacted with their children. He'd been such an attentive father to his first litter, and the only remaining kit was cold and cruel to him... what did that say about his other two, that he'd been too busy to care for? Letting out a shaky sigh, the tom stuck his head into the nursery's entrance, soon moving to fit inside of the den as he glanced around. So many unfamiliar faces since he'd last visited... it was like another clan entirely. New kits, especially— catching sight of a pair of kittens interacting, the tom padded up to the two with a tilt of his head, before sitting down next to them with an awkward smile. "...Hey, what's going on, you two?"
Old August 7th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireleaf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by spring View Post
Russetswirl knew that his own kits were apprentices now— at least, his youngest litter was. The rest of them had already become warriors, all by themselves... and perhaps the revelation was daunting. He hadn't spent enough time with them while they were younger, and now that he was less busy... they'd already grown up. He didn't want to be a bad father, but it seemed so much had happened while he'd been neglecting his family... perhaps that was what had driven the older warrior to take a visit to the nursery, to watch how parents even interacted with their children. He'd been such an attentive father to his first litter, and the only remaining kit was cold and cruel to him... what did that say about his other two, that he'd been too busy to care for? Letting out a shaky sigh, the tom stuck his head into the nursery's entrance, soon moving to fit inside of the den as he glanced around. So many unfamiliar faces since he'd last visited... it was like another clan entirely. New kits, especially— catching sight of a pair of kittens interacting, the tom padded up to the two with a tilt of his head, before sitting down next to them with an awkward smile. "...Hey, what's going on, you two?"
To say in the least, the sudden arrival of Fishkit startled Vireokit right out of his work. Luckily enough though, he had already retracted his claw and couldn't further damage his specimen. Tilting his head slightly as the other kit had said his name, he tried to recall the other kits name as well. Had they met before? There were so many other kits in the nursery it was hard for him to recall. But he could assume that his name had traveled around the nursery a little bit, so maybe he shouldn't be all too surprised. Slyly he would reply to the other kitten without making any guess at his name, just going right to the question that was thrown his way. "Just studying." The answer was simple enough, nothing that would scare the younger kit he hoped, and hopefully blunt enough to deter further questioning.
And it seemed Starclan was on his side as an adult cat who looked vaguely familiar slipped into the nursery and settled in front of them with an awkward smile and greeting.
"Hello mister. Nothing much really, just having a talk! What are you up to?" Questioned the plush grey kit with a tilt of his head and a polite smile, his fluffy tail slowly going to scoop the piece of prey closer to his side and hopefully out of sight. He hated being questioned by adults for what he was doing, they never seemed to understand that he was just studying. He wasn't doing anything wrong.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old August 7th, 2018, 11:02 AM
loving my goddess <33

Bump Policy: n/a, im not on here
My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
To say in the least, the sudden arrival of Fishkit startled Vireokit right out of his work. Luckily enough though, he had already retracted his claw and couldn't further damage his specimen. Tilting his head slightly as the other kit had said his name, he tried to recall the other kits name as well. Had they met before? There were so many other kits in the nursery it was hard for him to recall. But he could assume that his name had traveled around the nursery a little bit, so maybe he shouldn't be all too surprised. Slyly he would reply to the other kitten without making any guess at his name, just going right to the question that was thrown his way. "Just studying." The answer was simple enough, nothing that would scare the younger kit he hoped, and hopefully blunt enough to deter further questioning.
And it seemed Starclan was on his side as an adult cat who looked vaguely familiar slipped into the nursery and settled in front of them with an awkward smile and greeting.
"Hello mister. Nothing much really, just having a talk! What are you up to?" Questioned the plush grey kit with a tilt of his head and a polite smile, his fluffy tail slowly going to scoop the piece of prey closer to his side and hopefully out of sight. He hated being questioned by adults for what he was doing, they never seemed to understand that he was just studying. He wasn't doing anything wrong.
"What does studying mean?" Asked Fishki t while not hearing Russetswirl

see you around wco <3
Old August 8th, 2018, 09:34 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deranged Llama View Post

Galekit yawned from his place nestled deep in a moss nest. The small grey kit stood up and shook out his fur, It was a nice morning, and he looked around to see who else happened to be awake. Immediately, the tom kit spotted another fellow den mate bouncing around by himself. Sitting back down, Galekit paused. Should he say hi and join in? After he pondered for a second, he decided on no. He was terribly shy and hated introducing himself. He almost always waited for another cat to come up to him rather than the other way around. So, Galekit wrapped his little fuzzy grey tail 'round his paws and moved his head back and forth, following his den mate's rapid movements.

@Okapi
Chesnutkit kept bounding through the nursery until he tripped on his own paws and faceplanted into a heap of moss. He shook his head out and licked his chest as his eyes fell to Galekit. He trotted over to the small grey kit and gave an excited squeak,” I’m Chesnutkit. Who are you?”

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 8th, 2018, 10:25 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Cloudykit nodded, tearing at his nest, then rolling it in smooth motions into a lopsided ball. He leaped around it, his stump of a tail wagging in anticipation. Quick as a flash, he leaped at the bundle of bedding, knocking his paw against it, slowly falling onto his side in the process. Cloudykit stood back up, realizing that he had bounced the moss ball past Speckledkit's reach. He scooted over there, tripping as he lost balance, but steadying himself before he could land. As he came to the moss ball, he crouched low to the ground, lashing out his paw, the lopsided ball bouncing until it reached Speckledkit. Cloudykit followed the toy, skidding to a halt in front of the nest Speckledkit was curled up in.
Speckledkit finally had the ball in front of her paws, she didn’t want to admit it, but she despite being 3 moons old had never played moss ball. She closed her eyes and breathed before opening her eyes and gently swatted the ball allowing it to slowly roll towards Cloudykit.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 8th, 2018, 10:32 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards View Post
She scooted back farther but not enough, as he got closer. "Hehehe he not find meeeee! " she whispered.
Chesnutkit got closer and heard Birdkit before meowing,” I hear you.” He replied coming closer to Birdkit

Old August 8th, 2018, 10:35 AM
💙🦌💙

My Mood: Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Chesnutkit kept bounding through the nursery until he tripped on his own paws and faceplanted into a heap of moss. He shook his head out and licked his chest as his eyes fell to Galekit. He trotted over to the small grey kit and gave an excited squeak,” I’m Chesnutkit. Who are you?”
Galekit watched as the kit bounded around with apparent endless energy. As he faceplanted, Galekit waited to see if he would bounce back. His suspicions were confirmed when the other male jumped up and dashed over to him. After waiting politely for the other to finish, Galekit introduced himself. "I'm-m G-Galekit." He said no more, being a kit of few words, and instead blinked sporadically. Maybe this Chesnutkit would do all the talking and he just had to throw in a small yes, or even a not really. That would be better than a long conversation for sure.
Closed Thread