ShadowClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 10:36 PM

Old December 7th, 2023, 12:29 PM

My Mood: Bored
Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Cloudkit squeaked, "I think I need help, I twisted my paw in the nursery."

Last edited by Bluestar3235; December 7th, 2023 at 12:31 PM.
Old December 7th, 2023, 08:26 PM
Camo x

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |
Flock Together [Tier 3] - Inactive

The young calico tilted her head in confusion, uncertain as to why Orangepaw had responded the way he had. Wrinkling her nose with some thought, she realized her wording might have been a little off. Of course, with the way she had explained it, the young apprentice might very well assume that the berries were only useful for those afflicted by the fire. It was hard to understand that the conditions - while not related - seemed to be similar in some regard. What connected them was beyond the medicine cat's capabilities of understanding. It was obvious that something in the lungs themselves were affected. Scarred in some way, like the tunneler had said. And like the apprentice, Crowtooth had not been exposed to the fire, yet the berries had worked wonders on him. It stood to reason that Orangepaw would benefit from the miraculous berries as well.

"You seem to have misunderstood me, love. I didn't mean to suggest your problem is related to the fire. I meant it was similar. I have another patient with a similar situation. He wasn't around the clan for the fire even, yet he couldn't breath well. Raspy coughing would keep him up at night, and his lungs almost seemed to whistle every time he took air. Similar enough, innit?" she mewed, providing a playful wink.

"It's not a cure. Think of it more like... cobwebs. Cobwebs do not heal you, but they make sure you don't bleed out or have your wounds get infected, right? These berries will do the same. They won't heal your breathing fully, but whenever you are feeling particularly wheezy or the coughing is too bad, you can always come to me. I can give you a berry, and it will relieve you, allow you to run, hunt... everything without feeling short of air, at least for a little while. What say you, Orangepaw? Willing to give it a try? Worse case scenario you get a little berry treat!"

@wolfie [Cowtuft] | @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa! [Watertail - Orangepaw]
| So, the treatment proposed, like Lightning said, works for asthma. She doesn't know the difference between the two illnesses, but there is another cat in WindClan with asthma - not from the fire - who is treated by the berries, so it will work for Orangepaw! She won't force him to have the berries, of course, but she will report to Twilightstar that an ill cat is willingly not taking medication just to let her know to keep an eye on them in the future. |
(will he die or get sick from the herbs? or is that thing over)

Orangepaw sniffed the berries and gave the sweet medicine cat a small, scared look. "I......I'm not going to die am I?" He mewed, his voice shaky.
Watertail immediately looked at the apprentice. "No, it'll be OK. Your mentor will be able to train you... hopefully" He mewed. His eyes gleaming with protectiveness and worry as he gazed from his son to the medicine cat.

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa
@/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here"

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old December 11th, 2023, 11:00 AM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |

Large ears perked as the young kit coughed, concern instantly washing over the medicine cat. It wasn't leafbare yet... but it was getting colder every day. It was only due to a well trained ear that she recognized not the signs of illness, but of fatigue. Exhaustion. Sleepless nights followed by anxiety ridden days. The spotted she-cat had spent many a day like that in her own kit moons. As such, she remained quiet. Hearing what glow had to say.

The admission wasn't surprising, but it was heartbreaking all the same. Lightningstorm understood far too well what it was like to be hunted even in the recesses of your own mind. To known not a moment of peace as a single action engulfed you until it became you. It was not a comfortable life, especially for one so young. Yet there was little the healer could offer Mintkit other than comfort and company. She knew from experience that no one other than glowself would be able to help glow surpass this. Rise from the endless, haunting nightmares.

"I see," the lithe calico responded, her voice gentle as she twitched her tail, inviting the kit to come closer for warmth if glow so wished for it. "I'm afraid... like us, hawks have just as much a right to the skies above us as we do the ground we call our home. I can send a prayer for you to StarClan. If you wish. For gentler dreams and nights without their visits."

It was true that at this point in her young life, Lightningstorm was jaded. StarClan had thoroughly surpassed the levels of disappointment relying on a bunch of dead cats could reach. Had the starry ancestors left well enough alone, had they simply existed as a final rest for those who toiled their lives away for the sake of their clan... had they not felt the need to meddle into affairs once it was too late or they were no longer needed, giving unnecessary messages so hard to decipher they might as well not have been given... maybe then she would have still felt something resembling faith and reverence towards them. Instead, there was nothing more than the reality of what they were. Of how very lacking they seemed to try to be. And yet even with her feelings on the matter, the medicine cat preferred to give those who might still hold them in high esteem, those who could perhaps be better helped by the comfort of believing they were there watching over them the reassurance of hope. Niave and far too optimistic for her liking, but a kindness she could not deny them.

"Have you spoken to Leopardsong? About these nightmares?" she added, tilting her head curiously as she spoke in that same gentle tone.

She wasn't one to pry. Lightningstorm understood there were things everyone preferred to keep to themselves. And if they wished to share with her? Well, her large ears would be put to good use then. But she hoped Mintkit understood glow was not alone. It had been a concept she herself had found difficult to come to terms with growing up. Believing it was her job to be happy. To not worry those around her. She still carried the emotional scars left behind by taking on more than her young, fractured mind should have. She believed that while she might not be a queen herself it was still her job. Her calling. To ensure the well being of those little ones who might silently suffer in the hopes they would not break the smiles of others with their own turbulence.

@Partypooper [Mintkit]

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios

Last edited by Alchemist Kitsune; December 12th, 2023 at 02:05 PM.
Old December 12th, 2023, 01:37 PM
i am real and you are not

Bump Policy: Whenever :3
My Mood: Busy

Leafspot started to walk into the medicine den-, he gave a quick cough as he looked for the medicine cat.

(Meant to say i chose route two! got 1 and 2 mixed up when typing)

@wolfie

Toadstoolspore is the leader of Mushroomclan

she has a Semi-open den policy ^^
Old December 12th, 2023, 02:23 PM
Crunchy Leaves

Bump Policy: One Week Please!
My Mood: Tired

| Lightningstorm |

While the young tom made his choice, the medicine cat stood up, excusing herself momentarily as she made a point of visiting the herb storage once more. Maybe she had misremembered? Perhaps there were some juniper berries in- Oh... Right where she had left them... of course.

Lightningstorm almost groaned in exasperation, noticing the abundant pile of juniper berries ready to be used. How had she forgotten? She'd gotten these with Crowtooth and Firestorm shortly before... it happened. Before the inexplicable deaths had taken over the clan. No more had fallen victim to the plague. An even bigger rarity than the first four having perished almost seemingly at the same time. One would assume that if so many cats could fall in the blink of an eye all at once, more would be dropping left and right... and yet the clan seemed well and healthy for leafbare. So confounding an event that it made the spotted lass's memories jumbled at times due to her lack of sleep and overly exerted state of mind. StarClan knew she'd been working overtime.

Grabbing one plump berry, instinct told her to give it a good inspection. A swift matter. The lithe calico had studied these versatile pomes for so long and so intently she knew them better than the back of her own paw. Satisfied with her selection, she brought the juniper's fruit to the apprentice, dropping it before him. The smart call would be to eat the berry. A single one would provide no harm to Orangepaw, and if his condition was anything like Crowtooth's, he would be feeling relief almost instantaneously.

"Die? Stars above, no!" Lightningstorm purred amicably in an attempt to soothe his worries. "Crowtooth and Poppypaw have a berry every so often to help with their breathing, and between you and me, I sneak one in every now and then for a quick nibble, but only because I find them proper tasty! Worst case scenario, you might just have a new, favorite snack."

| It is not over, but Lightning will not be poisoning anyone with herbs she is familiar with, as she is pretty meticulous about the state of the herbs she administers for treatment! As long as it is Lightning providing the herbs, there should be no negative effects in relation to the herbs. |

WindClan HealingRoleplay TrackerCharacter Bios
Old December 12th, 2023, 03:26 PM
Always

Bump Policy: 1 Day or 2. If I still don't reply is because I'm busy, but mostly not
My Mood: Dark

Mintkit toddled, stumbling on glow own steps, and sat down close to Lightingstorm, and let out a purr while listening to the medicine cat's words. ''I haven't told anybody yet...'' Glow confessed ''And I just want to tell you'' Glow added.
Glow by now was no longer overly alert, and was way more relaxed. To the point glow could sleep leaned on the medicine cat, but Mintkit tried glow best to not fall asleep.''I came to you because, in that dream a big hawk grabbed you, Cowtuft was really hurt and I couldn't reach you because I was too far.'' The white kit said, almost crying.
@Alchemist Kitsune

Purrks
Mintpaw - Mind Reader [Active]

I'm a proud Reality Shifter, and I made a thread in general board for it. Reality Shifters United
Old December 12th, 2023, 08:38 PM
Camo x

Status: I speak English, Thai, Korean. I'm learning Spanish
Bump Policy: Anytime <3
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Lightningstorm |

While the young tom made his choice, the medicine cat stood up, excusing herself momentarily as she made a point of visiting the herb storage once more. Maybe she had misremembered? Perhaps there were some juniper berries in- Oh... Right where she had left them... of course.

Lightningstorm almost groaned in exasperation, noticing the abundant pile of juniper berries ready to be used. How had she forgotten? She'd gotten these with Crowtooth and Firestorm shortly before... it happened. Before the inexplicable deaths had taken over the clan. No more had fallen victim to the plague. An even bigger rarity than the first four having perished almost seemingly at the same time. One would assume that if so many cats could fall in the blink of an eye all at once, more would be dropping left and right... and yet the clan seemed well and healthy for leafbare. So confounding an event that it made the spotted lass's memories jumbled at times due to her lack of sleep and overly exerted state of mind. StarClan knew she'd been working overtime.

Grabbing one plump berry, instinct told her to give it a good inspection. A swift matter. The lithe calico had studied these versatile pomes for so long and so intently she knew them better than the back of her own paw. Satisfied with her selection, she brought the juniper's fruit to the apprentice, dropping it before him. The smart call would be to eat the berry. A single one would provide no harm to Orangepaw, and if his condition was anything like Crowtooth's, he would be feeling relief almost instantaneously.

"Die? Stars above, no!" Lightningstorm purred amicably in an attempt to soothe his worries. "Crowtooth and Poppypaw have a berry every so often to help with their breathing, and between you and me, I sneak one in every now and then for a quick nibble, but only because I find them proper tasty! Worst case scenario, you might just have a new, favorite snack."

| It is not over, but Lightning will not be poisoning anyone with herbs she is familiar with, as she is pretty meticulous about the state of the herbs she administers for treatment! As long as it is Lightning providing the herbs, there should be no negative effects in relation to the herbs. |
(Thank you)

Orangepaw brightened at the medicne cat kind tone. Sniffing the herb he nibbled it and then ate the entire thing. And after some careful chewing Orangepaw's eyes lit up. "Yummy! So... there's other cats like me?"

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever" - Park Seonghwa
@/Beanz is haunting my profile :sniffles"

lio lurked here
hope dropped a bundle of chocolates here
Rose littered this profile with flowers

]@/Beanz@/mars@/Merp Machine@/CrimsionOaks@/WCUEhoneyfur@/Hollyheart of thunder@/MaplestrikeWCUE@/PINTO BEAN@/AriaTheFiremaiden@/Mike29@/constellation@/Snowyfeathr@/KestrelPaw@/Eucalyptuspaw @/rubberRatroom - "It's so preppy in here"

Willowtail of Riverclan is Tier 3 Beefed up <3
Old December 17th, 2023, 09:06 AM
Birthday Cake Theif

Bump Policy: 24 hours ^^
My Mood: Dark

=QUAILHEART=

Quailheart limped into the medicine den, partially leaning on her mate, Maple'Dusk. "There's a fox in the territory- It was near the Thunderclan border, but it was really... strong." Quailheart said quietly, shyly, and partially hid her face behind Mapledusk, unable to get rid of her shy, anxious ways.

[ Open to @Moth Dust ; @Alchemist Kitsune ; @wolfie }
-Mapledusk -Lightningstorm -Cowtuft
Old December 17th, 2023, 11:46 AM
Southern Girl

Bump Policy: 1-2 days
My Mood: Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze_Songs239 View Post
=QUAILHEART=

Quailheart limped into the medicine den, partially leaning on her mate, Maple'Dusk. "There's a fox in the territory- It was near the Thunderclan border, but it was really... strong." Quailheart said quietly, shyly, and partially hid her face behind Mapledusk, unable to get rid of her shy, anxious ways.

[ Open to @Moth Dust ; @Alchemist Kitsune ; @wolfie }
-Mapledusk -Lightningstorm -Cowtuft

The worry in Mapledusk’s eyes was strong, “She’s hurt will you help her
?” He asked
Old December 17th, 2023, 04:51 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

✧˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ [ COWTUFT ‼ ] ˚。⋆ ༘˚✧
┆彡 THE GENTLE GIANT
| WINDCLAN'S MEDICINE CAT | 28 MOONS ✮✮✮
✩。°°。✩ he . . him ➔ massive white tom with black splotches and floppy ears. scars cover his neck. x-marks on his shoulders and his left hindleg is covered in burn scars
╭₊˚purrks﹕monkey's paw, the collector, herb knowledge, kitty softpaws ₊˚੭
✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Wally Darling~ @Doom || for foxkit to witness /w\
The medicine cat perked up as someone approached him, coughing lightly. Cowtuft stared blankly, eyebrows furrowing together. He couldn't place a name to their patterns -- they had a few brown tabbies throughout WindClan. Blimey, he sure hoped the feline was clearing their throat. He hadn't -, he hadn't quite figured out how to treat the strange and peculiar sickness.

Flashing a small smile, he rose to his paws. "Goodmorning..!" He gestured, lifting a paw to touch it against his chin and pull it away towards the left. "How .. are we doing today..? Anything I can help you with..?" He signed slowly, listening carefully to the warrior.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @AlliWant4XmasIsDdeonghwa! @Alchemist Kitsune || SO SORRY !! this roleplay slipped my mind -- ,,, this is mostly a reaction post !!
Red flashed through Cowtuft's pelt. "Oh, gee,, sorry Orangepaw ..! I figured if you were coughing then .. " He signed messily in a haste, shaking his head back and forth. Rather embarrassing, his mind was a bit hectic --- hard to focus these days when running on a time limit. His eyebrows furrowed close together while Watertail elaborated on the symptoms. His tail curled up, pondering for a quiet moment. If it was chest pain, it could be related to his heart. Orangepaw was young, that would be unlikely.

"Could.. you describe the ache..? Is it sharp, dull.. burning.. crushing?" He questioned, tilting his head to the side. To his surprise, someone popped up, entering into the den licking their lips. He looked on, confusion growing until he squinted rather hard at her wide ears... and a feather in their pelt,, "Lightningstorm..!" Cowtuft grinned, waving his tail.

"Ooh.. that is a possibility,, " He nodded in agreement, ears lowering slightly as she explained they were out of said berries that might be of use. Shucks. If it was breathing issues ,, burnet wouldn't be much help with the chest pain. They had poppy seeds, surely? It couldn't solve the issue but, if it made the apprentice sleepy he could at least get some relief. "I reckon juniper berries .. would be best .. thank you, little lily..! Poppy seeds might ..help a little, let you get some rest, " Cowtuft suggested, turning to Orangepaw.

His ears perked up at Lightningstorm's groan as she returned with a berry in maw. "Oho! Little hiding fella, .. always rollin' everywhere, " He shook his head. Very sneaky berries.

His attention was quickly diverted, widening at the tom's shaky question and oh my, his heart. He placed a paw against his chest. He nodded profusely in agreement with Lightningstorm. Orangepaw was safe. It was horribly sad he would doubt otherwise. That ,, gibbity-gobblin' sickness. Evil, complete evil it was.

"Juniper berries are quite yummy, I do hope that helps out out..!" He signed, huh. The more you knew.

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦

⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Moonraven @Rani @Alchemist Kitsune
Cowtuft wished he didn't have a knack for making a fool out of himself. He shuffled his paws, unable to hide the redness that coated them despite his best efforts. "Well,, " His ears lowered, unsure how to paraphrase the details of the situation. "Not the best, at seeing.. in darkness.,, so I bumped my shoulder,, tumbled.. and stepped on something squishy — cold, terrifying and I hurt my leg,, lots of just.. very sudden.. things,.. All at once, gave me a bit of a shock when I was not quite awake,,, " He rambled quietly, shaking his head back and forth. It wasn't exactly a lie. he didn't like squishy nor pain! It had spooked him, it was just more of the color.

The color was still very distracting but maintaining eye contact with the newcomer was stress inducing. Cowtuft straightened up once Twilightstar spoke and explained that this was no newcomer but instead their previous tunneler. His eyes lit up, mouth forming a small o-shape of understanding. Crowtooth! He's met the tom once, or twice? He was familiar, and it was enough for him to grin. "Pleasure to have you back..!" He opted to gesture this part out, tilting his head curiously. Head injury ,, memory loss. Goodness, how terrifying. Had the warrior been in the tunnels all this time or was it a coincidence? Considering Crowtooth's conditions he imagined it was the first ..

He settled into silence, thinking deeply. Scalescar had the issue of retaining memories too but it had eventually all came back (at least as far as he knew.) He turned to look to Lightningstorm, nodding his head in agreement. "If you would ..be a dear! I can come along..? it's awfully late .. Little worried, " Cowtuft pointed out, even harder to be aware of your surroundings. "We'll also likely.. need to get mouse bile, for the critters..!" He explained through signs.

"I do believe all we have.. at the moment that might be of some use.. is poppy seeds.. It'll help with any pain.. you might be experiencing.. and allow you to take quite a pleasant nap while you wait for proper herbs .. With that being said, how is your head injury ..? Do you experience frequent headaches..? For your memories,, we have someone who has .. uhm, dealt with a similar issue..? Scalescar — he might be someone to talk to, who is familiar with this.." He reached up to scratch behind his ears.

"If you seem to .. be losing progress, please let me know.. You can also,,, try to expose yourself to like.. things that might remind you..? Such as locations or smells,, It might not be an affirmative way but.. it could help..! Or, doing memory games..!! Help strengthen the head,, Furthermore, I am not very experienced.. with tangled,, fur.. but the best possible action I could think of.. is avoid getting it wet .. and we can try to loosen the matts.. After it is first treated with mouse bile. Is there anything y"

✦ .  ⁺   . ✦ .  ⁺   . ✦
⌦ .。.:* ✮ @Bluestar3235
Cowtuft sat up, blinking wearily at a tiny voice. Was someone in his den? Wah? He dragged himself up to his paws, yawning softly. Duty call's.. He sleepily shuffled into the main section, looking at a small kit. Fluffy white, uhh, goodness. He wasn't so familiar with the tiny ones these days. Their paw didn't look to be in quite the best condition either. "Hihi, here to help.. here to help.." Cowtuft lifted his paw, twisting it over to show his pad.

"Do you mind letting me look at your paw..? I just have to examine it so.. I know what course of action to take, " He mewed softly, offering smile to them in hopes to comfort them.

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc

Last edited by wolfie; December 17th, 2023 at 07:25 PM. Reason: it finishe du can loo now