ShadowClan Medicine Cat...
by ellie
Last post by Starfall
Yesterday 11:39 PM

Old June 25th, 2020, 01:42 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Otterstone wandered into the thicket, searching for herbs. She knew the legend surrounding the area. She didn’t mind, it meant she would have more a chance to be alone. Like she had before, she scented, searching for the scent of herbs. The thick sap from the trees over powered any other scent. She thought she had seen Fawnsqueak with chunks of sap, but wasn’t sure what they were for. Might as well take some. She used fallen pieces of bark to carry them, and as she came close to the trees, she decided to scoop up some of the fallen leaves of the oak trees, browning and old, but they might be useful.

She headed back quickly, ignoring the chill air that brushed against her as she moved swiftly out of the thicket.
Old June 30th, 2020, 07:01 PM

Status: Sitting around. Feel free to VM me if you want to roleplay!
My Mood: Bored

Creek leap would arrive at Sleepy thicket with Flyfur behind her. She sniffed the air. "We should fan out, but stay within shouting distance." She went a few fox lengths away to follow a water voles scent. @Rainquail

My Pokefarm profile: https://pfq.link/lucidense
Old July 1st, 2020, 02:48 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Lucid Dreams~ View Post
Creek leap would arrive at Sleepy thicket with Flyfur behind her. She sniffed the air. "We should fan out, but stay within shouting distance." She went a few fox lengths away to follow a water voles scent. @Rainquail
Flyfur nodded. Always good to stick close to your buddy.
She would rather catch some fish right about now, but they were assigned Sleepy Thicket so she wouldn't stray from course. She went off to find something that wasn't a rodent. Maybe a bird or.
She spotted a toad and crouch, keeping very quiet. She padded towards it quickly, making as little sound as possible before quickly slamming a paw atop it's head to stun it before taking a swift bite to kill it.
She crinkled her nose as she carried it somewhere to bury until they could come back to it. Eugh, how did Bumblebelly like these things?

(I'm so sorry it took me this long to get back to you)

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old July 1st, 2020, 10:46 AM

(It's fine. Your post was at 2 am for me btw lol)

Creekleap would bare her teeth, leaping and giving the vole a neat nip to the neck. She swooped it up, neatly burrowing a hole in the ground and covering it. She would stretch. That felt good! She would take a whiff of the air to smell anything else. @Rainquail

Old July 1st, 2020, 04:00 PM

Flyfur went back to stalking, slinking farther into the brushes when she accidentally stepped on a snake. She squeaked, startled and as it tried to slither away and hide somewhere else, she sank her teeth into it to prevent it's escape it writhed until the life was drained from it's body.
She *did* want something that wasn't a rodent. Mumbling disgruntledly, she stomped back to where she dropped off the toad and buried this as well. She huffed and returned to the hunt. @~Lucid Dreams~

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old July 3rd, 2020, 05:22 AM

Unfortunately, all that was left was mice. She caught two smaller mice and padded back to her catches and waited for Creekleap to come back.
She'd need help getting the snake on her back so she wouldn't have to attempt to awkwardly carry it with her toad and mice. While she waited, she picked at some plant pieces and weaved them into her fur out of pure boredom.
@~Lucid Dreams~

Old July 3rd, 2020, 09:52 AM

Creekleap would hook a thrush from the air, dragging it down and biting its neck. She would stalk a water vole, leaping and neatly nipping it on the neck. She would dig up her other vole, taking her three catches over to Flyfur. "Let's head back now." She mewed, helping her clan mate carry her catches. @Rainquail
(I'll post something in patrol reports)

Old July 3rd, 2020, 10:02 AM

"Thank you." She mewed. Definitely one of her best hunting patrols in a while, made even better with Creekleap. She just seemed chill and Flyfur could vibe with that.
@~Lucid Dreams~
(Thank you. Flyfur will tag along when she reports, if you don't mind?)

Old July 3rd, 2020, 06:16 PM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

(Decided to go ahead and do this since you might be busy and I don't want Fenpaw to get in trouble! @AmberShadow )

Fenpaw padded through the small patch of trees that was sleepy thicket clumsily, not really knowing exactly what he was doing. Sparrowfrost had been nowhere to be seen despite them being assigned to hunt, so Fenpaw took it upon himself to try to do it himself - too responsible to ignore an order from his leader. The problem was, Fenpaw had no idea how to hunt or fish. He was even still a bit iffy on the swimming thing since he had absolutely no training despite having been an apprentice for a week or two now. So, he walked through these eerie woods alone, knowing enough to at least try to scent if some animals were around.

But there was nothing but silence because Fenpaw had never been told you had to be especially quiet when trying to hunt land prey and had probably stepped on every stick or brushed by every bush he had passed on the entire way from camp to where he stood now. He sighed and continued on, trying not to think about the rumors and stories about this part of RiverClan's territory. With a sigh, he continued on.

Finally, he got lucky and spotted a bold squirrel munching on a nut - though it had definitely already spotted the young tom and apparently didn't think he was a threat (and it was right). With its beady eyes staring into his soul, he dropped into a crouch and waiting for it to look away and continue it's eating. Only then did he begin to stalk the thing. The prey let him get within reach, but he misjudged the pounce distance, and instead of landing on the squirrel he overshot and faceplanted into the tree it had been sitting by. Meanwhile, the squirrel hopped away and climbed up another tree, chattering away as if it was laughing at him.

Fenpaw had let out a hiss when he hit the wood, an unusual slip for the usually calm tom. It was reasonable reaction, though, as his nose began to bleed from impact. "That hurt," He huffed to himself, wiping at the blood with a paw.

Honestly, he would have continued on, but decided against it. For one, these woods were really starting to creep him out, him being alone and all - despite normally being a collected and reasonably tom. And two, he was clearly not going to have any luck with having no idea how to hunt. So, despite the fact that giving up irked him to no end, he decided to accept defeat and head home - glaring at the chattering squirrel all the way until it was out of sight.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!
Old July 4th, 2020, 01:59 PM
Why am I still awake

My Mood: Sleepy

Hollywatcher slowly walked, looking around. There wasn’t much to gather plant wise. Perhaps she’d be better off looking for cobwebs and sticks. Anything else she’d find would just be pure luck from what she could tell. She made a turn and her head went straight into a cobweb. She shook her head, wiping it off. It felt so weird! She gathered the cobweb she had walked through and glanced around, finding another one. She gathered the other cobweb as well. She continued walking.

She found a plant that had long, rough leaves and purple flowers. There wasn’t a lot of it, in fact it looked like there was only 1 or 2. She grabbed one of the stems and pulled on it. When she broke the stem, she glanced around spotting a stick. She picked up the stick. She couldn’t carry more then that so she headed back.