Today 02:33 AM
Sunset Grove
by Ian
Last post by CloudlessEve
Today 02:33 AM
Closed Thread

Old December 28th, 2022, 08:04 PM
I Love You!

Bump Policy: 1 Day! (24 hours approximately!)
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lionsbeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post

Birdpaw did her very best to keep up with Pebblesplash, panting slightly as they made it to Lionsbeach. As the warrior apologized, the scarred ragdoll tried to give her a reassuring smile. "It's okay, Pebblesplash. It's not your fault." The blue eyed molly smoothed her silver and blue fur. Her dad was still sick, so she wanted to catch something just for him. Maybe it would make him feel better, if she brought him some fresh warm food.
———

PebbleSplash

RiverClan
She/Her

PebbleSplash slows her pace as they begin to approach the area. “Alright, pop quiz. What prey is most likely to show up here?” She took a quick seat to let the apprentice catch their breath.
Old December 28th, 2022, 08:08 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

@Miss Christmas Spirit

Oh shoot. A quiz?! Birdpaw seemed to choke... On air, as she wracked her brain. Not fish. Only dead fish. And it was leafbare. Birds.... Sometimes, but that wasn't the most common. "Crabs, right? And birds... but crabs are the most likely." She was just guessing here. No one taught her any of that. But... it was okay. It was fine. Even if she got it wrong, the worst that could happen was Pebblesplash would laugh. Right?

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; December 28th, 2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old December 28th, 2022, 08:12 PM
I Love You!

Quote:
@Miss Christmas Spirit

Oh shoot. A quiz?! Birdpaw seemed to choke... On air, as she wracked her brain. Not fish. Only dead fish. And it was leafbare. Birds.... Sometimes, but that wasn't the most common. "Crabs, right? And birds... but crabs are the most likely." She was just guessing here. No one taught her any of that. But... it was okay. It was fine. Even if she got it wrong, the worst that could happen was Pebblesplash would laugh. Right?
———

PebbleSplash

RiverClan
She/Her

She smiles, “Ding, Ding Ding! Correct! Dead fish also wash up here which lures bigger birds. You must be careful though, for some might scoop you up. Alright, why not you go catch something? I expect at least two things from you, considering you look fairly capable. Don’t be afraid to ask for my guidance though, I’ve been a warrior far longer than you’ve been an apprentice.” PebbleSpash gave a nod as to dismiss the apprentice.
Old December 28th, 2022, 08:18 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

[ @Miss Christmas Spirit ]

Yeahm. Dead fish. She looked over, and saw a white trout belly as it floated by the surface, and her gaze shot to the sky for birds. Oh, how ironic would it be if she got killed by a bird. First killed by a cat, her species, and then the second time, killed by her namesake. If it wasn't such a depressing thought, it might be funny.

Pebble, I'm not even capable enough to catch one. But she didn't say that, just nodded shakily. She could catch a crab. And she would pretend that she wasn't killing it, because that would be easier. Birdpaw faltered, before nodding (and looking up at the sky for predatory birds. Her grandpa had warned her that she was small enough to get carried away easily, which did wonders for the small apprentices anxiety) and set off along the shore, looking for crabs.

Old December 28th, 2022, 08:23 PM
I Love You!

Quote:
[ @Miss Christmas Spirit ]

Yeahm. Dead fish. She looked over, and saw a white trout belly as it floated by the surface, and her gaze shot to the sky for birds. Oh, how ironic would it be if she got killed by a bird. First killed by a cat, her species, and then the second time, killed by her namesake. If it wasn't such a depressing thought, it might be funny.

Pebble, I'm not even capable enough to catch one. But she didn't say that, just nodded shakily. She could catch a crab. And she would pretend that she wasn't killing it, because that would be easier. Birdpaw faltered, before nodding (and looking up at the sky for predatory birds. Her grandpa had warned her that she was small enough to get carried away easily, which did wonders for the small apprentices anxiety) and set off along the shore, looking for crabs.
———

PebbleSplash

RiverClan
She/Her

PebbleSplash padded off to go and catch a sea gull that had landed on the shore. It seemed pretty dumb because it didn’t see her creep up on it. Swiftly, she pounced. The gull had tried to fly away but pebblesplash took a leap she dragged it down. She purred loudly as she held it down by its throat. “Gotcha!”
Old December 28th, 2022, 08:25 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Christmas Spirit View Post
———

PebbleSplash

RiverClan
She/Her

PebbleSplash padded off to go and catch a sea gull that had landed on the shore. It seemed pretty dumb because it didn’t see her creep up on it. Swiftly, she pounced. The gull had tried to fly away but pebblesplash took a leap she dragged it down. She purred loudly as she held it down by its throat. “Gotcha!”
Birdpaw looked down at the ground, searching for a crab while also looking for any birds that might eat her or something. Spotting another dead fish, and then the cliff where Kes had died, she tried not to shudder. Okay. Crabs. Crabs. Where the heck were all the crabs?!

Old December 28th, 2022, 08:36 PM
I Love You!

Quote:

Birdpaw looked down at the ground, searching for a crab while also looking for any birds that might eat her or something. Spotting another dead fish, and then the cliff where Kes had died, she tried not to shudder. Okay. Crabs. Crabs. Where the heck were all the crabs?!
———

PebbleSplash

RiverClan
She/Her

once she made her catch, she crept on over to birdpaw to see her struggling. “Over there,” PebbleSplash mewed abruptly as she pointed her tail at a crab.
Old December 28th, 2022, 08:43 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Christmas Spirit View Post
———

PebbleSplash

RiverClan
She/Her

once she made her catch, she crept on over to birdpaw to see her struggling. “Over there,” PebbleSplash mewed abruptly as she pointed her tail at a crab.
Birdpaws ears flicked up as Pebblesplash curtly pointed out a crab. "oh" Shame burned her face, and Birdpaw ducked her head, murmuring an apology. Moving down the beach towards the crab (she didn't know how to catch it but it must be similar to catching a mouse... Right?) Looking up, she saw a distant bird (a big bird, but she did her best to not freak out) Birdpaw crouched, crept forward, and pounced on the crab. "I'm so sorry, Mr Crab. I'm so sorry." She whimpered, killing it as fast as she could. Staring down at the crab, the first thing she had ever killed, Birdpaw inhaled sharply. No. Pebblesplash was already frustrated, right? She couldn't make Pebble angry like she made Softecho angry. Shakily, the ragdoll whispered a prayer and an apology to starclan and the crab- respectively- and padded on, a little further from where Pebblesplash was so that the warrior couldn't hear her shaky, silent whimpers and tears.

Old December 28th, 2022, 08:51 PM
I Love You!

Quote:

Birdpaws ears flicked up as Pebblesplash curtly pointed out a crab. "oh" Shame burned her face, and Birdpaw ducked her head, murmuring an apology. Moving down the beach towards the crab (she didn't know how to catch it but it must be similar to catching a mouse... Right?) Looking up, she saw a distant bird (a big bird, but she did her best to not freak out) Birdpaw crouched, crept forward, and pounced on the crab. "I'm so sorry, Mr Crab. I'm so sorry." She whimpered, killing it as fast as she could. Staring down at the crab, the first thing she had ever killed, Birdpaw inhaled sharply. No. Pebblesplash was already frustrated, right? She couldn't make Pebble angry like she made Softecho angry. Shakily, the ragdoll whispered a prayer and an apology to starclan and the crab- respectively- and padded on, a little further from where Pebblesplash was so that the warrior couldn't hear her shaky, silent whimpers and tears.
———

PebbleSplash

RiverClan
She/Her

PebbleSplash could see the struggle on bird paws face. She understood the feeling. After giving her some time away from her, she went over to comfort her. “Don’t like killing too, aye? It took me moons to adjust to it. I still… I still feel bad. But I think about my clan before the prey. It’s not easy birdpaw but I understand it’s hard. How about, you track stuff down, I’ll kill it and then you carry it? It’ll be a team effort!” She was trying her best to get the apprentice comfortable with her. The expressions birdpaw had while hunting were more than familiar to her…

(She’s trying!)
Old December 28th, 2022, 09:03 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

// @Miss Christmas Spirit

Birdpaw had missed her second crab. Definitely not on purpose. But as Pebblesplash approached her, the apprentice was relieved to not hear anger in the warriors voice. "I.... I just know how it feels, dying."

Nodding at Pebbles idea, Birdpaw moved on to find another crab. Flicking her tail at it so that Pebblesplash saw it, she felt somewhat helpful. Also helpless, but she decided not to beat herself up about this.

Closed Thread