Today 07:40 PM
ThunderClan Stormcrest
by dino.
Last post by snowflake.
Today 07:37 PM

Old April 12th, 2021, 01:05 AM
chirps

Default Re: Cattail Pond

Crisis averted; for now, at least. As it appeared that Junipersong was beginning to calm down, Kestrelwing stood up straighter and gave his fur a shake. As much as the outside word was chaotic right now, at least half of him was submerged in water, a place he felt the most comfortable.

That was, until Juniperson tried to reach out to touch her nose to his shoulder. A small growl before he pulled away slightly. He didn't offer any snarky retort, or retaliate physically by swiping at her with a paw. But he wasn't ready... to accept that level of intimacy with really anyone.

"You're well liked in the Clan," he offered instead with a small cough, feeling like the tension now created in the air was like ants crawling under his pelt. "But don't confuse your relation to me with me being good in the Clan. You don't know me as well as you think you do - no one does." A certain bitterness had now taken over his tone as he backed up a bit, creating space between himself and Junipersong. Wall after wall came back up, right into place, and his expression became a mask of unreadable emotions.

Despite being thrust into a certain position of... what was it even? Leadership? Authority? He was still a warrior at the end of the day, with love and loyalty for his home and Clanmates. But that didn't mean he wanted this kind of relationship with any of them.

"We're Clanmates, Junipersong. I respect you as a warrior, and perhaps maybe... a friend. But I am not somebody that anybody wants to be around for the long haul. Trust me on that." The cold, hard edge that he was known for, back in his voice. For a moment, yellow eyes stared into green, as if Kestrelwing was searching for something. Then, they narrowed once more.

"I would still like Snakeheart to take a look, just to make sure nothing's wrong. You don't have to explain why. Just go under the guise of a coyote attack check up."

// @Dizerel
Old April 12th, 2021, 07:57 AM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

She pulled herself away once he growled as her nose tried to press to his shoulder. She wouldnt be pushing anything like that right now, as much as she could use the comfort of physical touch.

"But does that not seem like a problem, friend? There is no reason to distance yourself. Why do you hide away from others so" she said, standing up in the water and facing him now. Something had hurt him. Something was making him resist any attempt at others getting close.

"I am glad you think of me as a friend. I think you would be surprised how many people like spending time around you. Dont be so quick to assume the disposition of your clanmates, my friend." He was trying to push her away, but she wouldnt allow it. She only saw it as a challenge. She would be the one to crack his shell, and there was no stopping her now that she was motivated.

"You seem stressed lately. How about sometime in the next few days we have a nice chat over a piece of prey. Just to get all the stress off our chest, yes?" Walking out of the pond. Her paws had been decently cleaned off by now, though her muzzle still had streaks of red in it. That likely wouldnt clean very easily.

// @spade

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.
Old April 12th, 2021, 12:59 PM
chirps

”I serve RiverClan. I am loyal to RiverClan. But that doesn’t mean that I’m going to start becoming buddy-buddy with the cats who turned their back on me when my mother died.” Kestrelwing’s tone was sharp, like steel slicing through frozen ice. There was no room for anymore discussion on the topic, and back in his gaze was the steely mask of thorns, blocking anyone from studying them too closely to discover what lay beneath.

The gray tabby simply scoffed at the next part, trotting out of the pond and shaking off each forepaw in turn. The water droplets flung out around him, spraying the nearby fronds. Off to the side he heard the scurrying of paws - a small creature, perhaps, trying to escape the tension as well.

At the mention of sharing a meal, Kestrelwing hesitated. He knew that no amount of talking or venting or prey would alleviate the weight he’d felt in his heart since Firehawk’s death. Lionstorm had told him it wasn’t his fault... he’d told him that there was no way it could’ve been predicted... but he still felt responsible.

”As long as it’s not a fish from this pond,” he finally growled, though this time there was no ill tone to his voice, or malice. ”I think this pond needs a chance to clean itself.” It was a pitiful joke, but Kestrelwing didn’t have the energy to try and come up with anything better.

Raising his eyes to look at Junipersong, he studied her briefly. How alike they were...

// @Dizerel
Old April 12th, 2021, 04:57 PM
Student Psychologist

My Mood: Amused

Heart sinking at the mention of his mother. "Hey.... I know it hurts. I wouldnt know the pain of losing my mother.... But you cant just shut yourself away from the whole world because of it! What point is there to living if you cant have friends? People you enjoy being around, people you love? I dont want to see you living with regrets because you wanted to be all alone." Her voice reflecting the deep concern that she felt for him. Even if she couldnt have him, he deserved to be happy, and pushing away anyone who tried to get close would result in a life all alone.

"Ugh, by starclan, I doubt you are even listening. Im not very good at hunting, but I will try my absolute best to catch something nice for us to share, you can count on that. Ill leave you be for now, if you want. You seem like you need some personal space. I always say it and I always mean it. If you ever need anything from me, just ask. Ok?" Holding his yellow gaze for a few seconds, waving her tail as she was ready to pad off back to camp.

// @spade

Idk. Insert something inspiring or edgy here so people think that im cool.

Message me if you ever want to roleplay together or set something up!

Riverclan Leader's Den. Page 132. Bottom of the page.
Old April 12th, 2021, 05:08 PM
chirps

What was there left to say? That it was impossible for him to ever really believe that anyone cared for him that deeply? Especially since his last remaining kin had just left - missing without a trace. Even with trying to track Eelsting for a few days after his disappearance he'd come up empty pawed. No. The first death of his mother had made him cold, and Eelsting's disappearance had made him rock solid, rooted firmly in the cold abyss he had created for himself.

"I'm going to get some hunting done. Toadpounce only sent out one patrol, and even though I sent out a few more the Clan still needs food. Don't think that just because I'm not heading back to camp with you that means you can skirt around seeing Snakeheart. I'll be asking him about it." Without much left to say, Kestrelwing gave Junipersong a curt nod before trotting off, jaws parted to catch any passing prey scent.

// @Dizerel

Last edited by spade; April 12th, 2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old April 13th, 2021, 08:08 AM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Sootflare

Seeing Blizzardsky barreling toward them seemed to light a fire under his paws but a pull towards the new kin he had only just found kept him rooted in place. Instead, he shifted from paw to paw, glancing anxiously between Bumblebelly and the warrior as his heart picked up the pace.

"I-" he tried to force out the words, some sappy goodbye or 'see you later' but it wouldn't come to him. Blizzardsky's eyes were on him now, even as the snow-white tom cuddled against his adoptive father, and that feeling of fear seemed a tight rope of thorns around his throat, "I have to go." he choked out, before turning tail to flee into the distant trees.

Old April 14th, 2021, 09:46 AM
Cat Disguised as Human

My Mood: Worried

A cold breeze blew through the area, rustling the cattails. The undergrowth swaying slightly. The wind seemed to sing, though it didn't have the capability to do so. But you knew it was, even if you couldn't hear anything.

A light orange tabby she-cat crouched beside the pond. She gently dipped a paw into the cold water, watching the ripples it made. Tawnyswirl pulled her fluffy tail closer to her body as the wind pulled at her fur.
Old April 14th, 2021, 05:34 PM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

Palebrook padded down the trail and watched the wind ripple across the pond then she saw the warrior Tawnyswirl at the edge. Feeling friendly, she walked down to Tawnyswirl. "Hi" she greeted the she-cat.

@PeachesAndPies

Last edited by Raven~; April 14th, 2021 at 05:34 PM.
Old April 14th, 2021, 06:17 PM
Cat Disguised as Human

My Mood: Worried

Quote:
Palebrook padded down the trail and watched the wind ripple across the pond then she saw the warrior Tawnyswirl at the edge. Feeling friendly, she walked down to Tawnyswirl. "Hi" she greeted the she-cat.
Tansyswirl glanced up at Palebrook. "Hello," She meowed politely. "I don't believe we've met. I'm Tansyswirl." She smiled and sat up. Her tail flicked slightly.
Old April 14th, 2021, 06:43 PM
The raven army is coming~

Bump Policy: Please bump me anytime after 48 hours!
My Mood: Adorable

"Hi, I'm Palebrook" Palebrook say down next to Tansyswirl.

@PeachesAndPies

Last edited by Raven~; April 14th, 2021 at 06:44 PM.