Last post by RainFall Wonders
Today 01:00 AM
Closed Thread

Old November 23rd, 2022, 10:53 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Lionsbeach

Stonehollow was immersed by this weird ...green? thing. He wasn't sure what it was, but it smelled like the sea and a little fishy. A part of him wanted to eat it as is, but he couldn't resist the desire of smacking it around a little first.

"Ouch!" His paw ached after he whacked it. It was hard!! He didn't care for that, and was a little more mindful as he struck it again-- this time more on its side, so it flipped. The creature was angry, legs wiggling in protest as its claws shuffled in the sand. He circled around it, curious eyes watching as the pinchers snapped at nothing. ....

OK, look. In hindsight, it was a stupid idea. But Stonehollow hadn't seen this thing before, and was wondering if this weak weird fish thing could actually do anything with those claws. So he leaned in, closer, and closer... "WEEEH!" A hard shell pinched his nose, and he yanked back with a screech. The stupid thing wouldn't let go either!! "Get it off!!! Get it off!!!" He jumped around in the sand wildly, trying to shake the crab off him.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old November 23rd, 2022, 11:16 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Stonehollow was immersed by this weird ...green? thing. He wasn't sure what it was, but it smelled like the sea and a little fishy. A part of him wanted to eat it as is, but he couldn't resist the desire of smacking it around a little first.

"Ouch!" His paw ached after he whacked it. It was hard!! He didn't care for that, and was a little more mindful as he struck it again-- this time more on its side, so it flipped. The creature was angry, legs wiggling in protest as its claws shuffled in the sand. He circled around it, curious eyes watching as the pinchers snapped at nothing. ....

OK, look. In hindsight, it was a stupid idea. But Stonehollow hadn't seen this thing before, and was wondering if this weak weird fish thing could actually do anything with those claws. So he leaned in, closer, and closer... "WEEEH!" A hard shell pinched his nose, and he yanked back with a screech. The stupid thing wouldn't let go either!! "Get it off!!! Get it off!!!" He jumped around in the sand wildly, trying to shake the crab off him.

Featherflame's daily jog around the territory was mostly uneventful. She saw the usual sights - a river over there... grass over here... nothing unusual. Her observant orange eyes were peeled for any unusual activities within the territory and luckily or unluckily... I wanted a battle! all was quiet.

That was until the sound of a wounded kit sounded from the Lionsbeach. Immediately the warrior veered off of her path and sprinted towards the hurt kit. What monster awaits me? Will I finish it off with a swift paw smack to the nose... or perhaps a slash to the throat? What fiend would dare hurt a kit!? Her mind raced with all the possible scenarios; but her body was alight with excitement. Her muscles had shrunk three sizes at the lack of action! It was about time a threat introduced itself!

The sight that greeted her was unexpected. Surely that pathetic noise did not come from... him? A full grown warrior stood before her wailing like a child! And his enemy was barely the size of her paw! Pathetic! No matter... Featherflame the Fierce is here to protect all! With little more than a moment's pause to take in the silly sight, she leapt into action. An amazingly strong gray paw shot out - quick as lightning and as mighty as a lion - and smacked the green fiend. Once. Twice. Three times.

"That thing is really on there!" She meowed with wonder. "Any creature that can withstand a blow from me is a threat most... uh... threatening!" She began to smack the creature again, hoping it would unlatch itself and engage her in a one on one fight.
Old November 26th, 2022, 08:22 PM
Just a tired Transmasc

Bump Policy: 1 week/48 hours (Time sensitive)
My Mood: Kingly

RiverClan Re: Lionsbeach

➴|Larkpaw|➶
He/They |WC:223

This was the farthest he has ever been from camp. Even his afternoons of sneaking out never brought him this far. Overall it was quite thrilling, enjoyed the trek.

What came after was far less enjoyable.

They approached the water with caution, like many things, it wasn't something they had much experience with especially in this volume. So they tentatively took a few steps to adjust, before being sprayed with the water, their face getting soaked.

His cold gaze practically burrowed into the back of Featherflame's head, it was surprising that the water didn't simply freeze over. Larkpaw shook the water out of his coat to the best of his abilities, a pointless task, before trotting farther into the water.

He decided to take a much more thoughtful and clean approach. As elegantly as he could manage, he outstretched his paws lightly feeling for the plants. Eventually he did feel some, and with some dismay he dunked his head under the water to grab it.

There was an obvious look of pride on their face as they resurfaced with the kelp in their jaws. Their practical joy was nearly enough to wipe the burning sensation from their eyes, but not quite. Silently they took their 'catch' to shore, before wading in again, ready to repeat the action for however long it was needed.
[ @canineantics @Cherry~ @Kat @Poprocks ]
all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” -Jem Carstairs
Old November 26th, 2022, 09:11 PM
rainbowsan ♡

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Queenly

Otterfluff
Fuming was a good word for the bubbling anger he felt towards his Clanmates. Now free of the constraints of camp, Otterfluff allowed it to swell in his chest (still guarded by a steel mask of neutrality) and propel his paws forward. One of the warriors who hadn't reported had even been one of the cats to call together the search parties! The other he had known to be a hard worker around camp, but what good was all of that work when they decided that searching for another lost child of RiverClan - their medicine cat, at that - was not in their duty to do? Hopefully he could have a word about it with Pikestar later, if Sunstone didn't report first. He had faith that the large tom was just as angry as he.

There wasn't much to speak on as Otterfluff gestured with his tail for Birchpaw to spread out and start searching along one side of the beach while he would cover the other. The kid was tough and strong, and the brown-furred warrior was no kit-sitter. Though he would keep his ears perked incase trouble came along - but there were no concerning scents here that he could pick up. Fluffing his fur up against the cold the tall warrior parted his jaws to drink in the scents around him, trying to detect the distinct medicinal one that often wafted from the missing medicine cat.

[ @dino. ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old November 28th, 2022, 06:54 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Distracted

Wolfpaw never showed up, so Slatestripe eventually decided to hunt on his own. He wasn’t sure what possessed Gingerfrost to only assign two cats to a hunting patrol. If one didn’t show up, then that meant the weight of hunting rested on the shoulders of a single cat. He didn’t really feel that was fair. But, Gingerfrost was deputy, so it was his decision.

He made the trek all the way to Lionsbeach. When he finally arrived, the beach was relatively quiet. Many pawsteps littered the sand, created by the dozens of other cats who had walked the beach before him. Some of them probably weren’t with the Clan any longer. The ones higher up on the beach would only be covered by wind, the likes of which hadn’t made much of an appearance recently.

A gull was perched on a rock on the other side of the beach, squawking annoyingly. Slatestripe walked a wide circle around it, careful to stay away so as not to disturb it. A seagull would prove to be a hearty meal for a couple of warriors. As soon as he was in the right position, he dropped into a hunter’s crouch. The dark warrior stalked forward slowly, making each step careful and deliberate.

Then, he sprang. The bird began to fly up at the sudden movement, but Slatestripe was too fast. He dug his claws into its wings to keep it from flying away. Its squawks turned to shrill shrieks, which were soon silenced as Slatestripe bit into its neck and twisted, snapping it. The bird fell limp.

Satisfied with his catch, Slatestripe began the tedious journey of dragging it back to the camp. It was almost as big as he, albeit a lot lighter.
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old November 28th, 2022, 09:53 PM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Distracted

( @Erebus @Poprock Zen and Kat have requested that Cloud and Flint be removed from this event. The new posting order will be: Cherry~, Poprock, Erebus. This event has been going on for a while and will be wrapping up soon. We have an extension to the 1st. I’ll be bumping people after 12 hours if it’s your turn. I figure we can each do one more post after this one and then head back.)

Slatestripe splashed into the water as soon as the rest of his patrol arrived. Cloudpaw was nowhere to be seen, but perhaps the apprentice decided to stay back and help with something else. It wasn’t too much of a concern to Slatestripe. As long as Cloudpaw was safe back at camp, that was what mattered.

The gray and black warrior swiped toward a thick growth of kelp he found after some searching. It took more tugging than initially anticipated, but eventually he managed to get it free. Running out of air, the tom resurfaced. He had the kelp clenched tight in his jaws, the leafy taste of it getting on his tongue. Gross. He’d heard that some cats ate this in times of great need, but he couldn’t imagine it.

He dragged his kelp fronds to the shore and deposited them on the sand.
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; his den can be found here. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; November 29th, 2022 at 12:03 PM.
Old November 30th, 2022, 12:47 AM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

@Erebus @Cherry~
(Short post just to get this baby DONE WITH)

Featherflame had been having so much fun splashing around in the water that she nearly lost track of time. "I believe we have enough! Shall we return home?" She called to those who remained, careful not to crunch her treasure in her fangs.
Old December 1st, 2022, 12:10 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Mintpaw (she/her)
White fur with shades of grey and blue eyes

· · ─────── ·✧· ─────── · ·

This place... is so beautiful.
A wide collection of water stretched ahead, apparently without an end. The flow of water here was so different from that of the river... The waves were bigger, but right now they crushed gently on the sandy shore and Mintpaw soaked her paws in the salty water with much pleasure. She had never been at Lionsbeach.

She turned to look at Rainglow, grateful that he had accepted to take her here. Was she allowed to take a day off from her training? It was Slatestripe who advised me, so... it should be fine. It was good to have the black striped tom as her mentor.

Now, she trotted eagerly toward the shore to find a constellation of minuscule shells and colorful pebbles. There were crabs, too, and Mintpaw had never seen them until now. They were... greenish, but their shape was so peculiar. She made sure to stay back from their pinchers, and crouched down to observe them curiously.

[ @~Eclipse_Lake~ ]

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old December 1st, 2022, 12:35 PM
don't eat me

Bump Policy: If I've failed to respond in a timely manner, please know that I'm trying very hard to be a person
My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
Mintpaw (she/her)

This place... is so beautiful.
A wide collection of water stretched ahead, apparently without an end. The flow of water here was so different from that of the river... The waves were bigger, but right now they crushed gently on the sandy shore and Mintpaw soaked her paws in the salty water with much pleasure. She had never been at Lionsbeach.

She turned to look at Rainglow, grateful that he had accepted to take her here. Was she allowed to take a day off from her training? It was Slatestripe who advised me, so... it should be fine. It was good to have the black striped tom as her mentor.

Now, she trotted eagerly toward the shore to find a constellation of minuscule shells and colorful pebbles. There were crabs, too, and Mintpaw had never seen them until now. They were... greenish, but their shape was so peculiar. She made sure to stay back from their pinchers, and crouched down to observe them curiously.

[ @~Eclipse_Lake~ ]
Rainglow padded through the sand, examining it closely. Sand was just rocks that had been broken down over time, and it intrigued him how much there was of the substance! The grey tom looked up to see Mintpaw sitting next to some crabs, and decided not to tell her not to. Personally, he was deathly afraid of them. Well, he was deathly afraid of a lot of things. The fluffy tom sat down next to her, gazing at the many pebbles. "D-did my brother ever tell you about the time he was swept down here by the river?" He chuckled, looking into the murky water.

GOOD MOOOOOORNING!! Are you ready to complete your contractual obligations?
pronouns || please validate my art
Old December 3rd, 2022, 01:32 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Mintpaw (she/her)

Mintpaw was surprised and pleased that the tom's voice looked so friendly, even thought at first he seemed cautious and uneasy around her. As so many others.

Staring into the blue waves reaching the sand in white, fluffy lather, she could well imagine how the water could sweep away a young, inexperience cat. But Slatestripe? It must have been a long way from the river to here.

"..No. How did it happen?" Curiosity nagged at her. She wanted to hear stories about the youth of his mentor, picture them in her mind.
The she-cat stared expectantly at Rainglow, waiting to hear his memories and wondering how Slatestripe would react if he knew his brother was telling her this. Will he laugh as well or feel awkward?

[ @~Eclipse_Lake~ ]

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has a semi-closed den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Closed Thread