Today 02:17 AM

Old May 27th, 2024, 04:18 PM
I’m in the Walls

Bump Policy: Never
My Mood: Amused

Default Re: ThunderClan Nursery

Rosekit
Header by @/Dolomedes / Male / 3 1/2 Moons / ThunderClan / Sexuality Unknown
Chocolate-brown and russet tabby Tom with fluffy fur and bright amber eyes, thin scars on his legs and a wide scar shaved across the bottom half of his face that exposes several teeth

Sure, I’ve got half a face, but you’ve got yourself half a brain, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine, ey?
~Rosekit

✽❀✽

As Rosekit had backed away from the sad, leafy remains, he had briefly thought back on what Raggedear had told him about the similarities between the hunting crouch and the battle crouch. Rosekit could see where the russets warrior was coming from, since both crouches seemed to require stealth, silence, and careful and coordinated movements. The only real difference seemed to be the target; Cats were normally bigger than prey, smarter, and far better at depending themselves. But prey was quicker, and being tinier certainly had its advantages. While feline would most likely have to fight back against Rosekit if he were to attack them, prey could just scurry on away and slip through some crack or other sort of hiding place. They both had their advantages and disadvantages.

Rosekit guessed that if he could master one of them, it shouldn’t be too much of a struggle to get the hang of the other one. Of course, he understood that pouncing and catching wasn’t all that cats did in fights and when hunting, and this was only the beginning of what all he could be taught in his lifetime. But assuming he could do well with both hunting and battle skills at a young age, he could have a jumpstart on the rest of it. By training now, he would have more knowledge as an apprentice. By having more knowledge as an apprentice, that would offer an easy entrance to more success as a fully fledged warrior. And finally, then would come some glory. So again, thank goodness hunting and fighting crouches were so similar… they were quite the cornerstone…

Then again, if size doesn’t matter, why do kits suck at fighting so much, man… Rosekit blinked and shook his head to quit overthinking things, and he perked his ears to listen to Raggedear’s comments. When the warrior purred, Rosekit tilted his head and took another glance at the shredded leaf. As Raggedear joked about the leaf’s death and the trees holding onto the rest of their leaves longer after his pounce and shred, Rosekit turned away from the leaf to fully face him. The warrior finished his comment, and Rosekit grinned with a small closed-mouthed-chuckle, glancing up at the visible parts forestry outside of ThunderClan’s camp. He added onto Raggedear’s comment, saying, “Right, right- and I bet the wind’ll be generous to, float em’ away from the Rosekit-Beast’s lair, the nursery.

Raggedear brushed a leafy corpse remain off of Rosekit’s pelt, and Rosekit watched it fall to the ground and join the rest of the once-was-leaf’s bits and pieces, nodding his thanks. He looked up at Raggedear when the warrior started to speak again, catching his breath when he caught the mention of Rosekit’s fighting skills. When he heard the warrior tell him that he thought he would do well in combat, Rosekit’s whiskers twitched and his amber eyes brightened. Again… again witht the praise! I enjoy this! He thought.

And by now, he was prepared for constructive criticism, so when it came, he wasn’t upset. Following Raggedear’s glance towards the leaf’s shredded remains, Rosekit listened casually to the sound of the warrior’s voice as he explained how speed was also important. Rosekit nodded in agreement, picturing himself messing up on the way to call out for reinforcements. He felt his eyebrows furrow again, and with disgust clear in his words, he spoke his thoughts aloud. “Yeah, that’s true. Now I’m seein’ some apprentice runnin’ out on their way to catch some reinforcements… trippin’ and tumblin’ through the forest and bein’ slow as a snail… yeah, nah, no thanks. I’d rather be fast… but there are easy ways to practice that, hehe!

And that’s was when the pain of his jaw pierced through Rosekit’s face and he winced. He gave his explanation about jaw pain, finished, and lifted his paw up to his jaw to press against it gently again. When Raggedear spoke up about the importance of biting, Rosekit watched him pad over and sit in front of him. The kit tilted his head up to peer at the warrior, grinning his thanks at the mention of his smarts and hopefully-ability to make his weaknesses his strengths. Oh man, I hope so- this jaw sucks, it better do me some good with intimidation one day, or else I’ll explode in anger, won’t I?

Rosekit’s eye flashed again, this time with interest, at the sound of the words, ‘real practice’, ears twitching. Then the warrior finished his offer, telling Rosekit that he had permission to practice on Raggedear. Rosekit’s eyes widened, and his smile faded into a blank expression. Raggedear made eye contact, so awkwardly, a Rosekit tried to pull the smile back up. When Raggedear made his comment about not wanting to end up like the leaf, Rosekit laughed, but nervousness was building up and had made its way it it he sound. Once Raggedear was done speaking, Rosekit asked, “Oh… ha- you? Attack you? Yeah, yeah- I am great at targetin’ real cats, I…” He was remembering shooting forward at Orangeblossom before learning how to pounce, failing miserably, and landing splat on his face that one day. That had been the last time he tried jumping out at a cat and using an actual clanmate as a target. “…I bet I can get ya’, anyway! Prepare for my… wrath. Yes, my wrath.

My pitiful, runt-y wrath. Rosekit bit his lip to chase off the unwanted, u helpful thoughts, and took a deep breath. I’m sure I won’t collide with the ground when aiming for him like I did with Orangeblossom… and plus. I’ve gotten a bit bigger. Now I’m like a small’ish, younger apprentice. I’m not crumb sized, come on… I can do this… I can do this… Rosekit lifted his head again, nodding to Raggedear, and he took several steps back again. Then there he stood, stiff and rigid for several moments, allowing himself one final thought. And if I mess up… well uh… he’s here. It’ll be fine. Then he prepared to lower himself to the ground, already starting to even out his paws, but something stopped him. Rosekit froze briefly. Ey? An idea?

The coordination part of his feline instinct came flooding in, and Rosekit put his focus on Raggedear and the area around him. There was a good amount of open space now that they had left the nursery to stand just outside of it, so there would be a lot of room for a plan like the one the young tom was formulating to unfold. Rosekit’s heart beat picked up again, excitement returning, and he finished shrinking into the crouch he was beginning to understand well. He wobbled a little, but a large part of it was due to his building up of anticipation and excitement as he stared ahead. Okay, so if I make Half-Ear a… well, a center… He began to devise, gaze dancing around Raggedear. Then that means I’ll have some nice space to fall… or better yet, use it before messin’ up… that’s right, I think I’m gettin’ somewhere with all this braininess! Now for the rest… I’m thinkin’… He continued to think, imagining his path with joy flooding into him as he did.

Then finally, little plan complete, he braced himself to inch forward. Rosekit padded paw by paw forward, and with narrowed eyes, he eyed Raggedear. He made sure to put himself in a position that looked like he was aiming straight for the warrior in front of him, following the same path he had the leaf. “If only ya’ couldn’t see me so well…” He sighed quietly, still moving forward sloth-speed. “…Ya’ can’t help but know where I am. How unfortunate… right Half-Ear?” He put one paw out in front of Raggedear, hoping it would catch the warrior’s attention. While he used his front paws to make himself appear to be pointed towards Raggedear, he shifted his back paws towards the warrior’s left. Then he made the move that would determine it all, and with a grunt of effort, he leaped. But he didn’t leap in the direction he usually did, and this time, despite his first paws having been pointed in Raggedear’s direction, he dived to the warrior’s left.

Breathless, Rosekit skidded and slipped for less than a second beside Raggedear, blinking quickly and repeatedly as if surprised by his own jump, but he jumped back into action as fast as he could. He silently begged that Raggedear hadn’t processed what he’d done fully, and quickly braced himself for another jump. Once he was ready, he shot forward, aiming to land on Raggedear’s back and then jump onto his shoulders. If Raggedear dodged the move, Rosekit would tumble to the floor and land sprawled on his belly. If his baby-plan succeeded and he managed to land on the warrior, ending up on his shoulders, he would excitedly deliver a fake killing blow to the warrior’s neck.

✽❀✽

// I’m sorry if this is messy! Rosekit’s first plan, huh. Well, yay, character-development. Anyway, no worries about any sort of delay, nothing seemed out of the blue to me! I respect your respect for your guests/visitors, too! ^^ \\

~ @leopardheart00 ~

I have left WCO due to recovery purposes. For more detail, consider checking my last visitor message on my profile, and if it ever gets buried beneath anything else, feel free to repost it. With that said, I wish the best for this site and everybody involved, so stay as happy and healthy as you can, everyone.

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; May 29th, 2024 at 01:12 PM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 11:08 PM
Genloser

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Starving

Fizzle'kit He/they/it 2 moons
semi literate

Fizzle'kit twitched awake, dreams of apprenticehood slowly escaping his mind as he streched and yawned. apprenticehood seemed scary, so many things could go wrong. why would anybody want to leave the nursery?

apprentices had things expected of them, apprentinces could get hurt. Kits, Queens and Elders rarely ever got hurt, and nobody held them to high expectations. they couldnt fail assesments or get told off by their mentor for having their paws in the wrong place.

he'd never admit it, but part of him didnt want to become an apprentice, it was just too scary. but every kit here wanted to be the best warrior in the forest, itd be strange for him not to.

The other part of him wanted to curl up and go back to sleep, he guessed those were the same parts of it. he knew he probably shouldnt, the other kits might think hes lazy, not a good way to fit in. so instead he curled some moss into a ball and started gently tossing it back and fourth between his paws.

- Whos Eye Is It Anyway?

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Old May 28th, 2024, 03:30 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime

Salmonshade purred “I’m going to head outside see you in a minute he called out to his mate he looked around and saw Eveningkit at his heels “Wait a second kiddo let’s wait for your mum and brothers and sisters he sat and waited

Tags
@burntToast
@TheNyanCatMinecart
@Saki
@Ladiebugg

Specklepaw is the current medicine cat apprentice for Frostclan
Hyenaslash is the current medicine cat for Sunclan he has an open den policy

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82554

Art made by RamenThePidgeon

Last edited by Tallstar; May 28th, 2024 at 03:31 PM.
Old May 28th, 2024, 10:47 PM

Bump Policy: Every 1-2 Days

《 Chasmkit 》
10/10

she/her | Thunderclan kit | 3 weeks

Chasmkit was circling her nest, thinking about what to do with it. She thought, "Hmm, should I remove my nest? It's getting too dry for me..."

(OPEN)
Old May 29th, 2024, 01:11 PM
I’m in the Walls

Rosekit
Male / 3 1/2 Moons / ThunderClan / Sexuality Unknown
Chocolate-brown and russet tabby Tom with fluffy fur and bright amber eyes, thin scars on his legs and a wide scar shaved across the bottom half of his face that exposes several teeth

Sure, I’ve got half a face, but you’ve got yourself half a brain, so I’m sure we’ll get along just fine, ey?
~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Heading quickly towards the nursery, Rosekit shook stray bits of dirt and grain from his pelt, watching them drop to the ground beneath him. Mossball was… interestingly entertaining for him. Chances were, it had been the fact that he had been interpreting the activity as something more than a simple game, as something training-session-worthy, but in his defense, at least it kept him competitive during the game of moss-kicking and scoring. Rosekit’s maw widened in a sudden yawn, and with tired eyes, he turned his attention to the late evening sky. I think I got somethin’ decent done today, He assured himself, blinking slowly up at the darkening scene. I’ll let myself sleep, then. Maybe do some thinkin’ first, but I’m sure a handful of kits are already out of it by now. I’ll be quiet comin’ in then.

The russet tabby tom paused at the nursery entrance for a moment, taking a deep breath. He had just returned from the chaos of a game of mossball, a game that he was beginning to wonder whether or not he had been overthinking. Rosekit had seen kittens playing the game before, but it was always for simple fun and entertainment, nothing more. But being himself, Rosekit had decided to alternate his perspective on the game and treat it as some sort of training activity, but what else could he do? Rosekit was just preparing for apprenticeship, building up some basics skills that he could out to use once he was finally at the age of six moons.

As he took his first step into the nursery, Rosekit bent his head and blinked to adjust to the new lighting. It isn’t my fault I was born all stubborn and motivated, He told himself. Guess I got it from the mysterious pair who vanished pretty much the moment I showed up in the world. I wonder how long it’ll be before it’ll be before I get to bein’ RosePAW. ‘Cause dang, it’s takin’ a crap ton of time! Rosekit was only three and a half moons, and yet the russet tom-kit felt as if he had been sitting here waiting for apprenticeship to rescue him from the torture of kidhood for years. Decades, even, if he wanted to exaggerate even further. But hope was no use… it seemed that all the kit could do was all he could do, and all he could do was watch, wait, and learn the minimum. He was itching to get out of the nursery and go somewhere, get something done that was actually productive, but what? What could some random kit such as himself, with barely any mouth left but strangely also an explosion of things to say, be of any help to ThunderClan?

Training. Oh, hey, who knew! He answered the question in his head, sarcastically. Again, learning even just the basics could work as a brilliant kickstart for him. And once I’m an apprentice, I’m sure I’ll do just fine. Rosekit had heard the older cats compliment him on both his future strength and current eruptions of motivation, and this only increased his levels of inspiration. Praise made him confident, and alongside constructive criticism, he was becoming both mentally and physically stronger than he could have ever expected earlier on in his life. This was all thanks to his string desire to learn. Oh, and character development purposes.

I guess my main goal is to impress my future mentor, Rosekit thought to himself. He stepped further into the nursery and passed several stray dens, eyes ahead on his own. Surely his mentor would see his early progress once they were assigned to be a duo? Rosekit gritted his teeth and glowered at his nest as he neared it. Man, that mysterious guy better recognize my efforts… ain’t anybody deserve to practice like this and get their work just brushed off, just like that. Rosekit stopped beside his nest and took a glance around the nursery. As expected, there were a handful of sleepers, with others bustling around and conversing lightly and quietly. He started into a sitting position on his nest before continuing to think.

Hopefully they’ll notice my strength and build, kinda like Raggedear seemed to, He silently wished that they would already know all of these things before taking on the job of teaching/training him, but who was to say? Rosekit’s work could easily go unnoticed, and then he would have to just keep on overachieving and doing extra well as an apprentice. Not that he planned on working too normal paced as an apprentice… it was just good to prepare for whatever was to possibly come. Plus… I guess Half-Ear was just some random warrior, anyway… so… what reason would my mentor have to not be equally observant? It’ll make for real crappy trainin’ sessions if all they’re plannin’ on doin’ is watchin’ and waitin’ for me to become a warrior lazily. I don’t wanna depend on cats other than my mentor to teach me things… who does? It would suck to have a lazy mentor, man. It always does.

Rosekit gave up on thinking about mentor problems and decided to start trying to get to sleep. He dropped down fully into his nest and lay to rest on his back, staring up mindlessly at the ceiling above him. He waited a moment to see whether or whether not he was tired enough to fall into a deep sleep the moment he shut his eyes, but when he laid down still, nothing happened. Well, then, He gave up instantly. Back to thinking.

So as if sleep and never been an issue, Rosekit leaned forward back into a position where he was sitting upright and allowed his thoughts to overflow his head. From more thoughts about his future mentor and upcoming apprenticeship days, to the cats who had already been generous enough/bothered to teach him some things already (even at his age), to the way he was constantly loosing his goodie-streak of not being a sassy little brat to everybody he ever interacted with, he thought about it all. Like every other night, he was sure his brain would put him to sleep eventually, but for now, his train of thought could continue to speed onward.

✽❀✽

// This was a weird starter. My bad. I’m never really sure what to write other than Rosekit having some sort of internal monologue… so hopefully you didn’t get too bored reading any of that. Enjoy, and have a nice day. \\

~ @AriaTheFiremaiden ~

I have left WCO due to recovery purposes. For more detail, consider checking my last visitor message on my profile, and if it ever gets buried beneath anything else, feel free to repost it. With that said, I wish the best for this site and everybody involved, so stay as happy and healthy as you can, everyone.

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; May 30th, 2024 at 07:30 AM.
Old May 29th, 2024, 03:18 PM
Resident therapist here^^

Bump Policy: I'm not big on it, but only one bump per day
My Mood: Fine

@Weekend-Wondering
(No, you're fine, just needed something to start with!)

Dawnkit woke up from a daze beside Amberwhisker. She tried to figure out why she was in the clearing, not the nursery. I sorta remember nappin here after the clan meeting, musta slept longer than I thoughts. Either way, Amberwhisker could sleep a while longer without her, she wanted to explore the nursery! Even after all this time, Dawnkit hadn't met every kit here. It must be time to fix that!

Catching some of her tail fur on a branch near the entrance, she squeaked and swatted at the offending twig. It was a lot dimmer in here, she noted, but her eyes adjusted easy. Dawnkit looked around for someone to say hello too. There were a lot of kits around, but only one seemed to stand out, rather weirdly, she thought.

Inside a corner nest, staring up at the roof of the den, there was a brown and reddish tabby kit. Dawnkit couldn't tell if they were a boy or girl at first glance, but then again, she wasn't paying attention to that. There also was something wrong with their face, but what really caught Dawnkit's glance was that this kitten had the same shade of rich, amber eyes that she did. To her fascination, that was enough to approach. I think I'll talk to this one, she determined eagerly, as if none of the denmates would have minded her interrupting their napping. Dawnkit was pretty nosy, she supposed, but all the same she didn't really care.

When she reached the den, she sat down and flicked her tail to get the kits attention. Definitely a tom, hopefully he's not bossy."Hi!" She said brightly. Great first words, really! "Who 'r you?"

Weekend-Wondering haunts these walls
Kestrelpaw was lurking
SnowheartTC popped into existence, along with a mound of snow and a pile of snowballs, looking confused
Old May 29th, 2024, 07:26 PM

Bump Policy: 2 days
My Mood: Tired

◢◣ RAGGEDEAR | 28 MOONS | HE/HIM ◢◣
fluffy, russet tom with yellow eyes, torn left ear, & black paw tips

꧁꧂

Raggedear watched through interested eyes as Rosekit began his approach, not daring- he snorted- not daring to take his eyes off the ambitious young one. He slid his paws on the ground until he was in an attack stance, whiskers (once again) twitching in amusement at Rosekit's declaration of "wrath". He liked this kit- he had potential. He had some attitude problems to work on, sure, but he seemed to respond well to praise. He flicked an ear in a silent reminder to himself to make sure he told his future mentor that. He watched silently, expression blank, as Rosekit seemed to be devising a plan in front of him to attack. His eyes narrowed as the kit seemed to be sizing him up, planting his paws firmly as if to face Raggedear head on.

With a grunt of surprise, Raggedear was stunned as Rosekit instead dived to his left, landing clean on his shoulder. "What in StarClan?" He blurted out, hunkering down to the ground as Rosekit delivered the fake killing blow. Raggedear rolled over onto his back as if to squish the kit, but left enough room for him to wiggle out from under the big warrior. "You've got me!" He cried out teasingly, lifting a paw as if to block the sun from his face. "Seriously though, Pipsqueak, that was a pretty smart move. You're a quick thinker!" He praised, a friendly and somewhat proud gleam in his eyes. The tom let out a rumbling purr, standing up to shake the dirt from his pelt. "That was good, but what do you think you could have done better?"

The warrior was not trying to discourage the proud Rosekit, not at all, but rather get him thinking on ways to improve so he could become the very best. That's what it seemed he wanted. "Not everycat is going to be intimidated by your jaw, you know." He pointed out, yellow eyes darting to the injury. "Warriors have seen worse injuries. However, how do you think you could use it to your advantage, if not through sheer shock factor?" He blinked approvingly at Rosekit, curious to hear what he had to say. It was obvious he was quite intelligent for his age, and there's no harm in nursing their mind. His ears flattened. He hoped the kit's mother, if around, wouldn't tell him off for making him fight, even if it was playing. 'Queens might be scarier than regular warriors.' He thought with a shudder.

[ @Weekend-Wondering | thank you for ur patience !! I see you have Rosekit interacting with someone else rn so if it's a little hard to keep up with here, we can always move this one somewhere else or include Dawnkit (@/AriaTheFiremaiden) if they wanted or we could pause it if that's easier c: lmk !! ]

pixelgifs by @/snowflake.

Brokenstream is RiverClan’s Head Lionheart - If You Need Him, Mention Me
Old May 30th, 2024, 07:30 AM
I’m in the Walls

Rosekit

~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Eventually Rosekit’s thoughts drew on slowly to the rest of the kittens huddled up in the nursery, and despite the main topic of his mind being their future success and power during the days of their apprenticeship, there was some sort of mid-point in his train of thought where a side-topic popped in for a little bit; The Absences. There were some kittens who hadn’t arrived to the den for the night yet, and the russet tabby tom-Kit couldn’t help but start to make note of the absences. Bored, he had also started to think up reasoning for why they would be missing.

Somewhere along the line, Dawnkit’s name fell onto the list. She hadn’t yet arrived to the nursery, but Rosekit didn’t see her as any particular night owl. Well, I don’t know her too awfully well, He reminded himself, eyebrows furrowing. But I guess everybody’s got their own personality that I’ll never know. I should leave ‘em be. He pictured the tortoiseshell and ginger she-kit, silently taking note of her excitement and enthusiasm. He had seen her around camp and the nursery sometimes, and from what he could tell so far, she liked to butt into conversations and interactions. He wasn’t quite sure, but some deep, hidden memory in his head was telling him that at one point he had came to the conclusion that she was decently- if not unusually- observant.

Well, it wouldn’t be her fault everybody our age are nothing more than idiotic and unmotivated runts, He sighed lightly at the thought. The contaminations of the nursery who called themselves ThunderClan’s kits needed some more self-awareness. But not just that, Rosekit thought they needed to pay much more attention. To Rosekit, it seemed that each and every one of his denmates appeared to have the attention span of a literal rotten carrot. If they just lean’da listen a bit more, we’d be just fine. But do they give a crap? Nah. Well, barley, at least. One of Rosekit’s greatest worries was that he fit right into the not-so-attentive category of cats his age and he simply wasn’t noticing. This was one of his secondary goals, trialing just behind ‘Be Best of the Best as an Apprentice’. It was to not fall over into his own world of non-revenant thoughts whenever someone spoke to him. Sure, I do some thinkin’ in the middle of conversations… Rosekit rolled his eyes. What a thing to admit: oh, he had a functioning brain, uh oh! But at least my thinkin’s actually about the conversation, man- other kits just give up on the conversation seconds into it, the rats.

By now his own thoughts had left Dawnkit completely, only centered around the issue with kits and attention, so it wasn’t exactly anything convenient when Dawnkit made her entrance. From the corner of his vision, he caught sight of her tortoiseshell pelt making its way into the nursery. His mind paused when he noticed her coming in, and at the sight of her, he decided to quit thinking and finally sleep. There’s one more kit coming back from the outside, He told himself, yawning again. One more absence-slot filled in, then. Yeah. I ain’t gonna be the only one in here awake… bye, world.

He laid back down again, this time shutting his eyes immediately to avoid unintentionally simply diving back into the thought the moment he hit the surface of his nest, and surprisingly quickly, he felt sleepiness come pouring in. I doubt Dawnkit is plannin’ on makin’ too much noise comin’ in… He told himself, still fading out of it. She was out there in the clearin’ with Amberwhisker at one point… see, she’s just lookin’ around… hold on… That was when he noticed Dawnkit’s eyes pause on him. Rosekit felt his eyelids lift again, vision blurry with sleep and the sudden exhaustion of his days “work”. The she-kit was watching him? Well that was… odd, especially considering the fact that she wasn’t looking at anybody else anymore. Rosekit felt strangely relieved when the most of her attention landed not on his facial scar but his eyes, the things he was much less self-cautious about.

Eh, she was probably just confused to see me playing a game like that earlier today, He decided, letting his amber eyes fall half shut again. S’pose it WAS a bit out of character, was’n it? Maybe she’s just got any right to be confused… whatever. Just so long as she doesn’t actually bug me. But after the tortoiseshell she-kit entered the nursery, his hopes were crushed. She was walking right towards him, heading in his exact direction. Rosekit felt the painful sensation of having to open his eyes fully when sleep was so close… so near… and grumpily, he glowered at the incoming figure. I. Swear. To. The. Stars. Above. He mused. This kid- if she’s got nothing good to say, I’m hatin’ er’ forever, honestly.

The first word, glazed in excitement and brightness, left the she-kit’s mouth. ‘Hi!’ was all. Rosekit blinked and silently begged the tortoiseshell to say something more, to add onto the greeting with something that didn’t consist of such a simple, ‘Oh hey, allow me to barge in on your almost-successful attempt at rest’ but the sound of her next words didn’t obey. She just asked him who he was. Rosekit felt disappointment shatter the last bits and pieces of sleep and had almost been able to manage, and his glower faded into a glare. Wha- really? Really, ‘How ‘r you?’ Like, tha’s all?! Goodness, what happened to ‘observant?’ Rosekit began to backtrack on his previous thought process, erasing the idea that Dawnkit was any more attentive than the rest of the kittens in the nursery at the moment. Had she not seen him trying to sleep? Could she not see him glaring now? But just in case his unhappiness wasn’t already clear, Rosekit made sure it was obvious in the angry tone of his voice. He muttered, “Got any eyes, Dawn-Runt?

But now that his slimmest chances of sleep had been eaten up by Dawnkit’s wrath, why not engage in some oh-so-friendly conversation? Rosekit sat upright and proceeded to glare at his denmate. Y’know what, it’s for idiots like these when I can yell and vent. Here we go: prepare, Dawnkit, here comes a Rose-Rant. In a quiet snarl, careful to avoid waking up the other contaminations of the nursery, he began. “Y’know, I’d thought you had basic levels of social awareness, but nah, you come poundin’ on in here an’ wakin’ me up from what could’a easily been a godly sleep. Ever heard of ‘awareness?’ Well, my good friend, it’s this lil’ thing where you use those amber eyes you’ve got to take a lil’ look ‘round and realize, ‘Oh, everybody’s legit knocked out in dreams, I should shut up!’ and boom, like magic, you do shut up.

He grunted and just for the purpose of maintaining his Goodie-Streak/Don’t-be-a-complete-butt-Streak, changed the topic just a bit to soemthing less intrusive of Dawnkit’s confidence. “But anyway, now that we’re here, I’m Rosekit. Thought you’d know that, bein’ stuck with me every night since I got here, like, two entire moons ago. And you’re Dawnkit- oh, whoa, see? Pow’r of awareness! You don’t seem to know me, but I know you, and that is simply because I have basic levels of awareness, unlike y- sorry. ‘Sup, I guess? What was with you sleepin’ out in the clearin’ earlier?

✽❀✽

~ @AriaTheFiremaiden ~

Last edited by Weekend-Wondering; May 30th, 2024 at 07:31 AM.
Old May 30th, 2024, 10:00 AM
Resident therapist here^^

Bump Policy: I'm not big on it, but only one bump per day
My Mood: Fine

@Weekend-Wondering

Dawnkit waited for his response, seeing the kit was tired, but was shocked when he started practically growling at her! She didn't understand a few of those words, but he clearly was angry at the tortoishell kit keeping him from sleep. Then shock morphed into worry as he continued, railing about her awareness and how dare she interrupt him or something. Oh no, I just made my first possible friend angrys! This is bad, this is really bad--wait is he hurt? Dawnkit had just now noticed the extent of his injury. She noticed how it seemed to slightly pain him to talk, although that didn't stop the tom. As he paused for air, she realized that half of his anger probably came from the wound.

She tilted her head, as the strangely rowdy cat appeared to rethink his words, though whether from Dawnkit's face or his own thoughts she wasn't sure. In a less angry-seeming tone, he introduced himself as Rosekit, and after a few more remarks asked why she was sleeping outside. This is a good time for an apology, she thought.

"Uh...I was napping with Amberwhisker after the clan meeting. It's sunnier durings the day, but I guess we forgot to wake up." She supposed that answered Rosekit's question. She nervously started her next sentence, worried she might make him mad again. "I'm, uh, sorry I interrupted you. I couldn't sees if you were sleepin' I just thought you were starin' at the roof or something." Dawnkit paused. "I knows that scar of yours is prolly makin' you upset too. But that don't really excuse me. If you want me to go to sleep, I guess that's fair."

Weekend-Wondering haunts these walls
Kestrelpaw was lurking
SnowheartTC popped into existence, along with a mound of snow and a pile of snowballs, looking confused

Last edited by AriaTheFiremaiden; May 30th, 2024 at 10:02 AM.
Old May 30th, 2024, 01:00 PM
I’m in the Walls

Rosekit

~Rosekit

✽❀✽

Rosekit, despite Dawnkit’s increasing worry, had continued to rant and ramble angrily as she stood before him. At the moment, mood dragged down by the grumpiness of exhaustion and… well, mossball, the russet tabby kit and no interest in wasting his breath telling Dawnkit any more than was necessary. Unfortunately, when telling anybody else what was wrong with them, Rosekit tended to overlook the good things, all of the positives. He always focused on the bad and the negatives, feeling as if good things were not worthy of the same kind of awareness. So for now, all he felt the need to do was bark and yell at Dawnkit for everything she was doing wrong.

Well, it ain’t my fault she bothered me in the middle of the late evenin’! He thought to himself, angrily as he ranted. She should’ve known’da stay out of the way while everybody was obviously tryin’ to get some sleep. It ain’t my fault she can’t pay attention… guess she’s no different from the rest of us. From the rest of THEM, that is! Rosekit would have liked to been on rambling and ranting, yowling at the innocent she-kit for accidentally pulling him out of a could-have-been wonder-sleep, to tell her about all of these other things he was thinking up in his mind as she stood there getting verbally attacked, but he was too tired to keep on snarling and growling. So when Rosekit moved on to his lighter, less rude comments (though being himself he couldn’t help but add several clear remarks into his words) he he put some effort into avoiding making the conversation all about what Dawnkit did and what was wrong about it.

But this didn’t change the fact that he was still annoyed with the she-kit. For the time being, she was hanging out on his and list. As he spoke, he watched her tilt her head to the side. She had stayed silent as he ranted, waiting quietly for him to finish. Rosekit pictured her coming into the nursery again, spotting him amongst the rest of their denmates. He started to wonder.I guess she just wanted to talk or somethin’… He started to consider, some shame creeping up on him. ‘Course, I went along and yelled at ‘er, so didn’t make much of a difference anyway, but I guess that’s just how I am an’ how I behave… so… no! He recognized his shame and humiliation and brushed it off quickly, shaking the thoughts from his head. Ah, no! She barged in, she ruined my sleep, this’s all on her. O’ e got no reason to be nice… so I’m being generous by even talkin’ so ‘er as nicely as I am now! And I definitely shoudlnt apologize… oh, Nettlekit over here proved that apologizin’ isn’t anythin’ but an easy way to get myself into worse situations. I’m sure Dawnkit would have a different reaction, but still! Useless things, apologies… usually. I think. Whatever, I don’t care.

He blinked when he realized Dawnkit was beginning to respond to his question. He raised a single eyebrow, puzzled as she explained how she and Amberwhisker had fallen asleep after the clan meeting, sleeping in despite the sunshine of daylight. She told him they must have forgotten to wake up, and Rosekit’s puzzled/grumpy expression faltered for a second in a slight laugh of judgement. Oh, wow. He thought to himself, remembering the older she-cat and Dawnkit sleeping right there, right smack in the light of day. What a scene. Y’Know, I’d thought Amberwhisker was smart enough to move themselves to the nursery ‘stead of the center of the clearing on the hard ground. Good goin’, Queen. He kept on listening as Dawnkit began her next sentence, expression completely fading back into his own unhappy and impatient one, smile forever wiped out.

When he realized that she tortoiseshell she-kit was beginning to apologize for interrupting his possible sleep, Rosekit’s other eyebrow lifted along with the first. Oh. Guess that’s a start, then, He admitted to himself. Hey, at least she’s trying. She explained that she had come because she had spotted him staring at the ceiling while he was thinking, not while he started to sleep. Rosekit began to understand a bit. He had been pretty quick to start trying to fall asleep, so he could see the issue here. But then again, who didn’t think at least a little before knocking out for the night? He had been doing just fine on his own, and even though he did feel that Dawnkit was perfectly justified for waking him up from his semi-sleep, the russet tabby refused to admit it. So instead, he stayed irritated while he listened to her apology. But her next words were the ones that truly determined his mood.

Rosekit felt his jaw fall slightly when she brought up his scar, mentioning how it probably had something to do with his anger, and the irritation was momentarily wiped from his face, replaced only by blankness. He barely heard the she-kit as she added that those words hadn’t exactly justified her, and that if he wanted to continue sleeping, she believed that it was only fair if she allowed him to do so. He stared at her without expression for a second, jumping right back to thinking. No way, the scar? Literally? Rosekit shifted it a little, testing it for pain. There was some- there always was, but enough to anger him? Heh??? Nah, she didn’t just say my PERSONALITY’s comin’ from the jaw scar! I swear- this is hilariously DISGUSTING! His expression shot back, a weird and probably unexpected, strained mixture of anger and laughter, a judgmental smile creeping into his face.

He had heard comments coming at him abotu his jaw constantly, but rarely did cats associate his permanent sassiness with it. That was just who he was, and the pain of his scar was simply a convenient reminder of his anger, and possibly even his history if you really wanted to dive deep into theories. Rosekit let out a an exhale, an exhale that due to laughter sounded more like a, “Prfthftfhftf!” Before sliding back down to kay on his back. His tail lashed back and forth as he spoke, tone edged with the usual snarky tone. “Nah, ya’ really just said that my jaw’s the thing that makes me angry? Nah, nah. That would be my personality, ‘Prolly’,” He had based the nickname ‘Prolly’ off of the slightly odd way Dawnkit spoke grammar-wise, shortening the word ‘probably’ a bit. Despite his own grammar-ly struggles, Rosekit was still happy to make fun of others for their own. “I’m a brat, and I’m well aware, no worries. I mean, don’t get me wrong, my jaw- and entire lower face, for that matter- can be a real clunk of crap, but it ain’t the reason I’m a sass-queen. That’s just who I am. So get over it, jaw isn’t anything but a unique look and curse whenever I try to eat and speak.

Rosekit, you dummy, Rosekit started to hate on himself. Why the heck would you tell her about how you can’t eat? Now she’s bound to be watching you try and fail- ya’ really want another person watching ya’ spill and slip whenever ya’ try an’ chew? He cringed, but shook his head to clear the thoughts again and snapped his attention back to the tortoiseshell in front of him. He got back to the general point as quickly as he could, letting his smile fall and resting face of impatience return. “…Anyway, ya’ll literally fell asleep right after the meeting? Man, I had been watchin’ over here from the nursery entrance, and I didn’t think it had been that boring?! Jeez. Anyway, forgetting about that whole thing, sleep. I don’t care about the what, how, or why, ya’ woke me up, and that’s that. So… prepare your eyes if your a crybaby for this next one, Prolly…

Rosekit grunted, abandoned his Goodie-Streak due to being overcome by exhaustion and grumpiness, and let the mean flow. “Ya’ pounded your way on into the nursery, dragged me out of a deep sleep, and sounded all stupid and happy sayin’ hi. ‘Hi, who ‘r you?’ HA, I’m Rosekit, and I want you to get the heck out of my face and let me sleep. So, Prolly, if I were you, I would walk your empty-headed little self back on over to your nest, plop down there, and leave me alone. So long, farewell, goodbye. Go away.

So just like that, Rosekit curled back up into a ball and shut his eyes tightly, ready to fall back into a deep sleep. He was done with all of this- the noise, the chaos, all of it- he just wanted to sleep. He felt ether darkness of rest come swarming back around him, dancing around his vision and encouraging him to keep his eyes closed and allow himself to sleep, leave the whole ‘waking up part’ so some other cat, but Rosekit had one last thought before disappearing into sleep completely. Was I too rude? He didn’t want to think to hard about it, so he ended the train of thought’s path with, Sure. So long, Goodie-Streak… whatever, though… And with that, he was out. Long lost in sleep for the time being.

✽❀✽

// And feel free to have Dawn politely nudge him awake in the morning. He will be less grumpy after some sleep, probably even give some semi-sarcastic apology himself. \\

~ @AriaTheFiremaiden ~