Today 04:20 PM
Closed Thread

Old May 29th, 2020, 02:19 AM
another level

My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: Lionsrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
"Not bad for a WindClanner!" Thistlestep flashed him the smallest of grins, before he was off on his own.

Warblerpaw's focus on the mouse left the bird up for grabs, and it didn't take long for Thistlestep to find the thrush pecking at the ground as he traversed along the stony hill. In a flash, he was upon it-- pinning it with one paw while his teeth dispatched it with a nip.

Returning to Warblerpaw, he dropped the bird on the ground. "What else can you smell?" he prompted, encouraging Warblerpaw to go further into the territory with a flick of his tail. "I'd suggest going more than a tail length in here-- this entire range is under our authority and it'd be best for you to familiarize yourself with it in case you get placed on patrol for it again."

[ @vermin ]
First compliment ever coming from Thistlestep? He made a slight happy whine that was unexpecting from himself with a little tail sway in the air. Finally, he feels like he's slowly advancing now! Warblerpaw observed quietly keeping his distance as he tracked down what smells like a bird ahead. It didn't take long for him to kill it. Now that was smooth. Unlike when he hunted that awful hawk that thrashed him around like prey. Thinking about it made his back hurt again.

"Alright," he mewed. The calico head off farther up trails with ears twitching at the wind whistling around trunks, rustling the bushed and disturbing the leaves around him. Insects churring lightly in his ears and he took note of half-eaten acorns laying near the base of a tall tree. Inhaling the earthy air of wild herbs, flowers, and rotting wood he caught a few scents that took his fancy. "There's a noisy woodpecker, two of them ahead. A squirrel not too far. A really faint scent of a rabbit, long gone now." He sniffed again, a frown creased down his maw. "Eck! Gross.." saying those words he still ventured on keeping track of the smell, he stared down on a large bush kicking a pebble to make sure the beast is really long gone before sticking his head inside. Once entering inside the shrub his paw slipped in a half dug hole and a reeking smell of droppings. "How ghastly," the tom shook his head, sighing. "Badger was here, looked like she was trying to make a burrow for herself. The pellets are stale, some with the hole but she might return back." Warblerpaw seemed deep in focus and turned to face Thistestep. "Should we cover back up the hole?"
Old June 1st, 2020, 06:33 PM

My Mood: Blah

Tigersnap trotted along the border and marked about every 5 Yards. He lifted his head and opened his maw to soak in the near-by scents until he caught a whiff of a rabbit not far ahead. He dropped into a hunting crouch and slunk towards the feeding rabbit. He tensed his hind-legs and sprung forward, pouncing on the rabbit before it had enough time to slip from under his extended claws. His claws clung to the rabbit's flesh and he bit down roughly on it's neck, snapping it's spine at the base of the head. He released the freshly killed rabbit and a single drop of crimson blood dripped from one of his canines.

@Quailsong @Zesty Mango
Old June 1st, 2020, 08:08 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

This was.. going better than Thistlestep expected. Maybe WindClan didn't teach him as half-assedly as it seemed at first.

While Warblerpaw moved forward, Thistlestep kept a fair distance behind him as to not disrupt his hunting or focus. He even did a little detour, using the opportunity to take down a squirrel that was rooting around the ground.

Then the badger scent hit him, but he recognized how stale it was and didn't break a sweat. "We can collapse what it dug. Since it's stale, I'm guessing she moved on to better grounds. We can report this to Lionstar in case it's still somewhere in the territory." The range was too large to explore for one day, and Thistlestep joined Warblerpaw's side to bring his paws down on the top of the half-dug burrow. It crumbled beneath his weight, sinking back into the earth. "The rain can do the rest of the work."

They had some food now, and fishing in this area was impractical with how long the journey back would be. They'd reek of it for days! "I think this has been a good amount," he commented as he beckoned toward the birds, the squirrel, and mouse they'd collected. "Do you want to head back?" They probably shouldn't catch too much when they still had a decent walk back home.

[ @vermin ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old June 2nd, 2020, 01:45 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Quailsong @Catattack
Eveninglight saw that Tigersnap was hunting so she decided to go and hunt herself. She saw a tree that she often would climb herself. She quietly climbed up the tree after a squirrel and reached the branches of the squirrel, she was rather high up. She stalked forward before pouncing and killing the squirrel. Then it occurred to her to try something she hadn’t done in moons. She began running along the tree branch and jumped onto the next tree, she continued jumping between trees until she reached the edge of the border so she climbed down and began marking that part of the border. She loved Skyclan territory so much.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old June 2nd, 2020, 10:26 PM

Tigersnap finished up marking over 3/8ths of the border before heading back towards the center with the rabbit. He caught the scent of a small field mouse along the way and dropped to a hunting crouch again, He slipped through the grass quietly towards the small field mouse and leapt at it stunning it with his weight. He held it under his claws as he killed it quickly and brought it too, towards the clearing that the patrol was going to regroup at towards the end.

@Quailsong @Zesty Mango
Old June 4th, 2020, 03:16 PM

Tigersnap grew impatient sitting in the empty clearing with no sight or scent of the other two cats. The ginger tom stood up and lashed his tail before picking up his prey and storming off away from the clearing, He guessed that the other two cats weren't going to show up and sprinted towards camp.

@Quailsong @Zesty Mango

Last edited by Catattack; June 4th, 2020 at 03:17 PM.
Old June 4th, 2020, 03:18 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@Quailsong @Catattack
Eveninglight was happy resting in camp and glanced around for the others before heading back to camp reluctantly.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old June 7th, 2020, 08:49 PM
another level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
This was.. going better than Thistlestep expected. Maybe WindClan didn't teach him as half-assedly as it seemed at first.

While Warblerpaw moved forward, Thistlestep kept a fair distance behind him as to not disrupt his hunting or focus. He even did a little detour, using the opportunity to take down a squirrel that was rooting around the ground.

Then the badger scent hit him, but he recognized how stale it was and didn't break a sweat. "We can collapse what it dug. Since it's stale, I'm guessing she moved on to better grounds. We can report this to Lionstar in case it's still somewhere in the territory." The range was too large to explore for one day, and Thistlestep joined Warblerpaw's side to bring his paws down on the top of the half-dug burrow. It crumbled beneath his weight, sinking back into the earth. "The rain can do the rest of the work."

They had some food now, and fishing in this area was impractical with how long the journey back would be. They'd reek of it for days! "I think this has been a good amount," he commented as he beckoned toward the birds, the squirrel, and mouse they'd collected. "Do you want to head back?" They probably shouldn't catch too much when they still had a decent walk back home.

[ @vermin ]
Warblerpaw nodded, listening to his mentor's words before backing out of the shrubs. If this was the moor, it would've been more difficult. A lot of badgers like to use rabbit holes and the same goes for rabbits. You have to really investigate to see what and who's really in the burrows. "..Yes," he dragged the word in suspicion, narrowing his eyes at the tabby to see if this was just a 'haha, joking! more work' type of thing however meeting his eyes it wasn't that at all. "Oh, yes!" saying it more firmly. Ah~ can't wait to eat and groom out my fur. Maybe I'll relax by the river after that and invite Petuniapaw or some cat to join. Thinking of how to enjoy his leisure a soft hum rumbled from his throat as he picked up the preys and mosey his way back to camp. "Come on, let's not dawdle!" only a brief glance at Thistlestep he fast trots all the way back.

Old June 12th, 2020, 06:27 PM
delicate woman.

Bump Policy: 48hrs only - please mention me!
My Mood: Queenly

[ @softnaps ]
Scaleflash's eyes scanned the looming vegetation that bordered her physique from around her, paws kept firm on the mossy terrain beneath her so she wouldn't slip in the shallow patch of thick, gooey-looking mud that lay ahead of her. Nose tipping up to catch a brief whiff of the salty air, Scaleflash brought her striped head halfway over her shoulder.
"Cricketsong!" she hollered. "You coming or not, huh?"

art reqbios

Night holds up Copperpaw to the sun rays - Nyx
CrimsonOaks holds up her two gay kitties and The Lion King theme starts playing
Leopard runs by yelling "COME BACK HERE GIRLS!" chasing her IRL cats through this sig
Old June 12th, 2020, 08:32 PM

My Mood: Yeehaw

Cricketsong perkily padded along quite a ways behind Scaleflash, humming quietly to herself. "Yeah I'm right behind ya!" She called back, speeding up a bit to meet her hunting partner. "What's the rush? We've got time." The brown molly casually looked around her to see if she could spot any prey.

( @~Corruptedfate~ )
Closed Thread