by taillow
Last post by taillow
Today 02:24 PM
Closed Thread

Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:26 PM
another level

My Mood: Kingly
Default Re: Coyote Invasion

Unmoving, not even a waver of surprise swept through his gaze of what Oddear said. So many downfalls for Windclan and now this? It's understandable that cats belief started to crumble. Where is Starclan? How come we are suffering like this? Have they abandon us? Nevertheless, it sit heavy in his stomach to hear those words from a fellow warrior. Warblerpaw suddenly felt exhausted now that his adrenaline started to melt away. An empty, aloof chuckle escape his maw and softly spoke toward the warrior so that others won't hear. "Maybe you're right. They have been silent for too long."
@Bumblebelly

Last edited by tye; March 22nd, 2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:28 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Boulderkit wasn't sure what was going on or where his mother was, but he couldn't smell her, he had fallen asleep in a small corner of the nursery. Now everything was a blur, there were cats yowling, there were screeches of pain, yips of some creature he had never heard of. The young tom-kit felt tears welling in his eyes because he didn't know what to do. There wasn't really anyone else in the nursery. And then he heard a voice at the entrance, asking if anyone was here.
"Me! I'm here!" the voice was squeaked out as he jumped to his paws, promptly stumbling over them before climbing up again, trying to make his way over to the entrance as best as his paws could carry him. He still wasn't an expert at walking so it was hard, especially because he wanted to get to the voice as soon as he could.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?

Last edited by BEAR.; June 5th, 2020 at 01:34 AM.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 09:41 PM
s

My Mood: Cheeky

He felt a pang of regret settle at he bottom of his stomach, Honeypaw was right even if that didn't make his words any less true. "I'm simply saying, that we are strong without them," he murmured softly, giving Warblerpaw a gentle, encouraging nudge. "Perhaps we should give or credit to Coyotesnarl, not to cats who don't seem to shine their light on us. Windclan is resistant, even without the help the ancestors," He kept his words soft, flexible. He felt the same as Warblerpaw, the anger and fear slowly leaving his body nothing but a skeleton of exhaustion, sadness. His fragile blue eyes were pale, saddened by the day. "Windclan is strong," He reminded the two apprentices, "And that's who we ought to put our faith in."
@vermin @Starfall @wren

please bump me constantly | Dealing with ADHD & Dyslexia.

larkfires best friend
xaviers' ideas bank

Last edited by teddy.; March 22nd, 2020 at 09:41 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 10:17 PM
Create your own sunshine

My Mood: Queenly

@Shimm

Whitesong bolted awake in the warriors den, his heart hammering from the shrieks of the coyotes and the wounded cats. He scrambled to his paws, every hair on his body raised.

Songbird!

His thoughts turned first to his queen. The white haired Tom limped to the front of the den as fast as he could, bi colored eyes flying around the clearing.

Every muscle was screaming at him to go. Find his family, make sure they were ok.

He broke the splint holding his leg to his chest, sprinting into the clearing. His leg burned in pain, but it barely registered in his mind the only thought was where his family was. Where his queen was

There.

He saw her black and white spotted pelt in the mishmash of movement.

He leaped towards them, heat growing in the cold pit of his stomach, and a scream ripped out of his chest as he saw the coyote staring down Reedkit and Songbird.

Whitesong took a mighty leap at the coyote, latching on with claws and teeth.

The coyote screeched, recriprocating the attack, claws raking down Whiyesong’s sides. Whipping it’s head back and forth to dislodge the big Tom.

Whitesong moves lightning fast, screaming the entire time, from the adrenaline coursing through his veins and the pain from the coyote’s attack. He bit and clawed the dog like creature, tearing and ripping any flesh he could.

The coyote dislodged the Tom with a final shake of it’s head, blood pouring out of it’s wounds from the savage attacks, deep claw marks in it’s face, lighter scores on it’s neck. Whining and bristling, the coyote glared at the cat, before growling, looking like it would attack again, before turning tail and running.

Whitesong watched the coyote run, blood gushing from shallow bite marks and the deep gouges on the tom’s side. The adrenaline running through his veins made it so he could barely feel it.

He turned, bloody and still bleeding, coming close to Songbird.

“Run!”

He snatched Reedkit by the scruff.

“To the River! Let’s go!” He looked Songbird deep in the eyes.

He touched a paw to her leg, letting her take Reedkit.

“I’ll follow behind!”
Old March 22nd, 2020, 10:48 PM
emergency hiatus

My Mood: Queenly

- @amber'light @starshooter -

Breezefeather looked anxiously around as he raced out of the warrior's den at the screeching sound of the coyote attack being warned about. He wanted to find Echopaw, the apprentice who was assigned to him less than a sunset ago, because it simply worried him. He didn't know if she had enough skills to protect herself, well obviously she didn't. Not from coyotes at all. Even an experienced warrior needed help in order to tackle one of the creatures. Looking around he tried to find his apprentice and he called out again, "Echopaw! WHERE ARE YOU?! Get to my side immediately!" He wanted the apprentice by his side, he was unaware of her skills and if she got too overconfident or was attacked he felt obligated to be there by her side and make her not get injured. Looking around as well he spotted Rookflight struggling to fight off a coyote, and the silver tom's eyes widened before he raced over, not yet attacking but then went over to the cat before together with her, fighting off the coyote. He was focused on the fight but always had an eye out for the white fur that would signal his apprentice's existence. He also knew that with the white fur she was going to be extra vulnerable, it being a color that struggled to blend in with the surroundings in the night and the colours of the moor. Looking back at Rookflight he asked without skipping a beat, "You okay? Are you badly injured?"

Need help? VM or PM me

Bump after 48 hours
Exams are ongoing, replies will be slow

Art by @TawnyNeedsACoffee
Old March 22nd, 2020, 10:48 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Silverkit kept squirming in fear until Cherrypaw suddenly appeared and leaped over her. The young kit had been lucky the coyote was limping and that Cherrypaw was so quick to arrive, if not, she would've been done for.
With tears blurring her vision, she watched the rough encounter between the apprentice and the coyote, the creatures yelps and snarls frightening the Sliver kitten, who started to squirm as she closed her eyes when it got closer once more.

But soon enough the scary sound of the coyote was gone and a scent of blood, sharper than she had smelled before, filled the air. Slowly opening her eyes, Silverkit was met by the sight of the coyote, dead, with a piece of it's throat missing. A terifying sight for a kitten that was barely even a moon old.
The tears in her eyes started to roll down her face as she realized that she could've died, that they both could've died. It was so much to handle for her young brain.
Switching her gaze up to Cherrypaw, fear leaving her unable to make a sound, she pushed her head into the apprentice's fur. All she wanted was for this nightmare to be over. To be back with her siblings. With her mother.
At least she had been lucky enough to have come out of this mess with only a few scratches. Although...it wasn't completely over just yet.
@amber'light
Old March 22nd, 2020, 11:00 PM
Engaged to Ian

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Batglare would have stayed here and fought until he was satisfied, but Elderpaw was as causing him more trouble than it was worth to stay and fight. When she's tossed off the coyote, he's quick to jump back into the fray and start fighting again. He earns a few more cuts and another puncture near his flank but he wins. This really was a fruitless battle seeing as he wasn't making any ground here he backs off. His ears catch a new sound of whining kits. "Elderpaw, come with me." He ordered, spotting the kit with Brindlejaw near the entrance. "Take Bolderkit and head to the river." He meowed to the apprentice as he ducked his head grab the kit by the scruff and dropping him by Elderpaw. "I'll follow you." He'd feel better keeping an eye on the she-cat back.
@implimm @The Cannibal

---

Twilightstar left her mother's side to go and find Brindlejaw as she heard his voice. It would appear a decent amount of cats had already made their escape, not as much yowling nor bodies in the clearing. The she-cat did hear the mewls of kits though. She caught sight of Twistedkit running with Curlkit on her heel. The leader puffs up her fur while running to hinder the coyote. She was getting tired faster than the average warrior, the sluggish molly couldn't remember the last time she had to move like this. It's no surprise when the coyote avoids a sloppy blow to the muzzle and she gets a huge paw full of claws to the face. She's sent stumbling backward a good few fox lengths. She recovers in record time, adrenaline keeps her moving and the pain toleratable. She retaliates with claws and bites whatever she can reach when it comes to her again, causing enough damage to make it back off. The left side of her face throbs, she can't see the blood but feels it leaking down like tears from her eye. "Curlkit, Twistedkit, let's go." Using her other eye as she circles around the kit pair and herds them near the entrance.
@TheNyanCatMinecart @FuzzyRatto - feel free to overlook this if Shimm already responded.

Twilightstar is the current leader of WindClan has an open den policy.
WindClan Resources || WindClan Kit Curriculum Finder ||WindClan (Extra) Apprentice Training

Last edited by Moonraven; March 22nd, 2020 at 11:39 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 11:01 PM
love bird.

Gender: I am a girly girl. UvU but not a grly girl? .-. i'm a tomboy. UvU
My Mood: Chatty

echopaw raced over to her mentors side, "I'm right here!" echopaw winced again at the wound on her side, she had noticed rookflight next to him and rushed over, "oh no, you're not well enough to fight!" echopaw had remembered the falcon attack on the molly. @Arie

-------------------------------------------

cherrypaw gently picked up the kit and dashed over to duskwing, "duskwing right here!" she shouted, muffled by the kits fur. cherrypaw set silverkit down next to the others, "I suggest you take the kits as far away as you can, they are to easy to get picked of by the savage mutts!" she shouted her suggestion before running off to her mentor, "Foxpudge, where are you!" she scanned the clearing for the tom trying to see if he was ok. @BILL. @Estelle @The Shadow Flower

Last edited by kittygirl; March 22nd, 2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old March 22nd, 2020, 11:05 PM
Queen of Laziness

My Mood: Asleep

"Yes follow me Paleheart." Answering the kits question. Opening his maw ready to give orders when a high pitch scream took his attention. "Stay here!" Yelling over his shoulder as Brindlejaw ran out of the nursery and towards the kits. The beast loomed over the kits, foaming at the mouth obviously with hunger on its mind. NO! Without thinking Brindlejaw put himself infront of the kits, teeth bared much as it could with his crooked jaw. "You'll have to get through me before you can get to them." His orange eyes blazing with fierce protection like a mother to its kit. Rage burning inside him in each swipe he took at the coyote. In the end blood drenched the ground, both the toms and the coyote. Brindlejaw was tired beyond he ever thought he would be. Turning back to Curlkit and Twistedkit. "Follow closely by me. Do not venture anywhere." Stern and fatigue laced in his voice as he led the kits back to the nursery to gather the others.
Then he heard whimpering, a young molly. " Go into the nursery quick!" Nosing the two kits into the nursery before running towards Silverkit. Pushing away the exhaustion that threatened to take over the deputy. Stopping short of Silverkit and scooped a pawful of dirt and threw it at the coyotes eyes. Being distracted Brindlejaw picked the kit up by the scruff and ran away torwards the nursery.
So many kits, so many left behind. "We are leaving now. Kits get on my back quickly." Leaning down to allow the young cats on his back.

@The Cannibal @Estelle @Starfall @TheNyanCatMinecart @FuzzyRatto

---

Songbird was paralyzed in fear, death looming over her until a white flash entered. Whitesong A soft whine came out of her maw, I cant lose him Putting Reedkit to the side the queen jumping to her mates side fighting the coyote together.
When done Songbird nodden in agreement and headed to the river.

@CheetahPelt @starshooter
Old March 22nd, 2020, 11:26 PM
i am kenough

Finally! Her mentor seems to snap out of his craze, and the little apprentice finds it within herself to get up a second time. At first, her right shoulder clenches and causes her leg to buckle, and then it's her back foot on the same side that sends a jolt of white hot pain through her hindquarters. The molly bites down on her lip and scampers behind the large male. Her eyesight had become a little bit fuzzy, but she knew this warrior's scent. Even through their blood and heavy fear, she knew him. It was honestly just a huge relief that he'd finally backed off, leading her away. She forgets entirely about spotting Foxpudge somewhere in the fray moments ago.

"Promise me," she insists when he instructs her to take this kit. She didn't distrust Batglare, but it was evident she wanted some sort of assurance he'd really be okay, really be with her. As she shifts her attention down to Boulderkit, her terse expression softens. After a few moments, she leans down and gives the kit a gentle nudge and smiles encouragingly, though her eyes were bright with pain. "Let's go," she murmurs. "You have a strong and powerful entourage, Boulderkit. Batglare and I defeated two, maybe three coyotes!"

@The Cannibal @Moonraven