Today 03:44 PM

Old August 9th, 2022, 02:07 PM
a winter in my heart

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Wisteria Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritsuka View Post
Bumbleflight once again sat on the sidelines and watched, holding his breath in anticipation when his eyes landed on the squirrel on the tree. He watched Ashpaw leap onto the bark once the squirrel tried to escape, and he let out a happy purr and beamed when he was Ashpaw catch the squirrel. He approached the gray tom, whiskers twitching.

"Well done! Impressive for your second attempt," he meowed, looking over the squirrel. It was youn and plump, and would make a decent meal. "Perhaps you could give that to someone after showing it off? I'm sure Darkpetal would be proud to receive it."
That's a great idea! I look forward to it! He had finally made it! This was his first real experience in hunting prey, and he hoped Sparrowstar or Copperfire would put him in a hunting patrol soon. What should I do with it?

Blood is one of the Atari healers. He has an open den policy.

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old August 9th, 2022, 02:13 PM
hehe, squishy

Bump Policy: Every two days.
My Mood: Bored

ShadowClan/ThunderClan Re: Wisteria Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnettle View Post
That's a great idea! I look forward to it! He had finally made it! This was his first real experience in hunting prey, and he hoped Sparrowstar or Copperfire would put him in a hunting patrol soon. What should I do with it?
"Well, unless you want to head back to camp right now, you bury it, preferably in a place you can recognize easily, so no other animals can get to it," Bumbleflight advised, looking around to find any areas. Eventually, his eyes landed on a rather thin, young birch tree sprouting nearby, not yet fully grown and could easily snap with enough force. He nodded towards the tree, tail flicking behind him. "That looks like an easy place to remember. Go bury it by the base, and then we can continue hunting, if you'd like."

Bump me only after two days.

Old August 9th, 2022, 02:45 PM
a winter in my heart

Ugh, I'm glad I asked. I wouldn't have picked any point to remember... I guess I would've just lost my first prey. he frowned at the idea. Ashpaw walked up to the birch sprout and started digging with his paws, paying attention to any rock that could tear his claws and force him to go back to camp. He then covered the squirrel with some dirt and leaves, then turned to Bumbleflight and nodded. They continued on, keeping ears and nose open for any signs, paws light not to scare away anything. @Ritsuka

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old August 9th, 2022, 02:48 PM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
Ugh, I'm glad I asked. I wouldn't have picked any point to remember... I guess I would've just lost my first prey. he frowned at the idea. Ashpaw walked up to the birch sprout and started digging with his paws, paying attention to any rock that could tear his claws and force him to go back to camp. He then covered the squirrel with some dirt and leaves, then turned to Bumbleflight and nodded. They continued on, keeping ears and nose open for any signs, paws light not to scare away anything. @Ritsuka
Bumbleflight kept close to Ashpaw, eyes and ears pricked for any sounds, and his jaws were open to catch any scent of prey in the area. Eventually, they did: he caught the scent of a sparrow, and the song that followed after the scent confirmed his suspicions. Hunting birds was slightly harder than other prey, but they could make do. He turned to the apprentice, waiting to see if he would recognize their prey.

Old August 10th, 2022, 03:32 AM
a winter in my heart

There was something in the air, but he couldn't quite make out what. He noticed Bumbleflight staring at him, and realized he was waiting for him to speak. Ehm.. I think it's... a pigeon? he there was a bird because they smelled very differently from ground prey, but to him, they all smelled the same between each other. He stretched his ears out to listen to some flapping of wings, but he couldn't hear any. Must be on the ground. Looks pretty close too.
@Ritsuka

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old August 10th, 2022, 09:18 AM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
There was something in the air, but he couldn't quite make out what. He noticed Bumbleflight staring at him, and realized he was waiting for him to speak. Ehm.. I think it's... a pigeon? he there was a bird because they smelled very differently from ground prey, but to him, they all smelled the same between each other. He stretched his ears out to listen to some flapping of wings, but he couldn't hear any. Must be on the ground. Looks pretty close too.
@Ritsuka
"A sparrow," Bumbleflight corrected him, ears twitching as he tried to detect the bird. From the looks of it, it was resting on a low branch of the wisteria tree, chirping without a care in the world. He hummed and nodded towards the bird, keeping close to the ground. "You'll need to pounce to catch this one. Ever done a high jump before?"

Old August 10th, 2022, 09:31 AM
a winter in my heart

Urgh, wrong. Again. He turned back and returned with Bumbleflight to the wisteria tree, then stared for a few seconds at the lower branches to find the sparrow. He has stopped. Has he heard me? But the bird started chirping again. Ashpaw didn't reply, but he knew he could do it because he had practiced jumping when Harefire had given him climbing lessons. He would need to jump twice to reach it: once to grab the trunk, and another leap to push himself toward the branch. He crouched and tensed his hind legs, and... leaped!

(I'll let you decide the outcome of this one, if it doesn't bother you!) @Ritsuka

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old August 10th, 2022, 10:33 AM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
Urgh, wrong. Again. He turned back and returned with Bumbleflight to the wisteria tree, then stared for a few seconds at the lower branches to find the sparrow. He has stopped. Has he heard me? But the bird started chirping again. Ashpaw didn't reply, but he knew he could do it because he had practiced jumping when Harefire had given him climbing lessons. He would need to jump twice to reach it: once to grab the trunk, and another leap to push himself toward the branch. He crouched and tensed his hind legs, and... leaped!

(I'll let you decide the outcome of this one, if it doesn't bother you!) @Ritsuka
Bumbleflight watched Ashpaw as he approached the sparrow, and let out an impressed noise as he watched Ashpaw quickly scale the tree with ease. Unfortunately, the sparrow was just as quick and, as soon as Ashpaw was close, it flew off in a panic, high above the trees and out of sight. The tabby warrior then approached the apprentice, ears flicking.

"It was a good attempt, and you prove to be an expert at climbing," Bumbleflight praised, coming to sit down at the base of the tree. "However, taking the time to jump on the bark and jump again might have cost you. Next time, attempt to make just one leap towards the bird: they may not be the brightest, but they can fly away at the stirring of a leaf."

Old August 10th, 2022, 10:52 AM
a winter in my heart

One jump only? That sounds... difficult, but next time I'll surely try. he was happy he had already caught a squirrel, but he wondered if he was supposed so bring more prey to camp from hos first hunting experience. He started to feel hungry, but didn't want to complain in front of Bumbleflight. He wanted to catch at least two different kinds of prey before returning back.
Maybe I should practice more my leaps? I'm starting to enjoy more and more climbing on trees.
@Ritsuka

toyhouseart shop
trackervet advice

Old August 10th, 2022, 11:02 AM
hehe, squishy

Quote:
One jump only? That sounds... difficult, but next time I'll surely try. he was happy he had already caught a squirrel, but he wondered if he was supposed so bring more prey to camp from hos first hunting experience. He started to feel hungry, but didn't want to complain in front of Bumbleflight. He wanted to catch at least two different kinds of prey before returning back.
Maybe I should practice more my leaps? I'm starting to enjoy more and more climbing on trees.
@Ritsuka
"It takes some practice, but you'll eventually be able to master it," Bumbleflight said, turning his attention away. He parted his jaws again and caught the scent of another bird: a dove. And he could hear the telltale song of the bird somewhere to his left, admittedly heavily muffled due to his partial deafness in that ear. He flicked his tail and turned to Ashpaw expectantly, wanting to know if he could recognize the prey and where it was.