Originally Posted by Shellwhisker View Post

v Mentions v
@Catherine
@poppy - just in case you'd like Birdsnow to come out here lol

Birchbranch
Lyrebird's Lullaby [ ACTIVE ]
RiverClan Warrior - 29 Moons

____

The shocking cold of the river water didn't last long.

Birchbranch grabbed her Clanmate by the scruff and pushed him out onto the riverbank, pulling herself out of the freezing waters, as well.

''I told you I'd save you, didn't I?'' Her voice was firm.

''That's exactly what I did.''

(hope its okay if i join!)

Hail storm padded over quickly "are you guys okay?" he asked flicking his ears "we should get back to camp to warm you guys up." he said with a friendly but stern voice
Old February 14th, 2024, 10:17 PM

Bump Policy: please don't bump ^^
My Mood: Goofy
Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |

“Really? A winged fish?” Heroneye had a hard time imagining such a thing, but simultaneously could not dismiss Owltalon entirely. In any case, stranger things have happened, right? “I suppose only StarClan really could create such a thing,” she said noncommittally as she tried to imagine a fish with bird’s wings instead of fins. It really was quite a bizarre picture, a mixture of humorous and a little frightening.

At Owltalon’s prompting, Heroneye began to wonder what young Owlpaw was like. She admittedly didn’t know Owltalon very well, but she seemed very amiable and outgoing, not at all like Heronpaw. She barely spoke to other cats, even when prompted, and was always so focused on her work that she often neglected herself and others. Heronpaw just found others too unpredictable; her self and her training were right there in her paws, safe and controllable. At a time when so many other things in her life were strange and uncertain, she couldn’t afford to take any other risks...

Heroneye suddenly realized that she had been lost in thought for just a beat too long and should respond. “Ah, I guess we were all a bit strange back then.” Heroneye was a bit discontent with her simple, guarded response, so she offered matter-of-factly, “In any case, I’m sure you were a fine apprentice. I mean, someone as personable as yourself likely had a fair few friends, at least.”
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 15th, 2024, 05:49 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

“Really? A winged fish?” Heroneye had a hard time imagining such a thing, but simultaneously could not dismiss Owltalon entirely. In any case, stranger things have happened, right? “I suppose only StarClan really could create such a thing,” she said noncommittally as she tried to imagine a fish with bird’s wings instead of fins. It really was quite a bizarre picture, a mixture of humorous and a little frightening.

At Owltalon’s prompting, Heroneye began to wonder what young Owlpaw was like. She admittedly didn’t know Owltalon very well, but she seemed very amiable and outgoing, not at all like Heronpaw. She barely spoke to other cats, even when prompted, and was always so focused on her work that she often neglected herself and others. Heronpaw just found others too unpredictable; her self and her training were right there in her paws, safe and controllable. At a time when so many other things in her life were strange and uncertain, she couldn’t afford to take any other risks...

Heroneye suddenly realized that she had been lost in thought for just a beat too long and should respond. “Ah, I guess we were all a bit strange back then.” Heroneye was a bit discontent with her simple, guarded response, so she offered matter-of-factly, “In any case, I’m sure you were a fine apprentice. I mean, someone as personable as yourself likely had a fair few friends, at least.”
@Marigoldwhisper

`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty (ACTIVE!)

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Owltalon snorted a laugh. "I had a paw-full of friends, by now those numbers have dwindled. But I'm don't just fine, y'know? Cats like you always lift my spirits."

And with that, Owltalon fell back into a laying position, her back to the snow and her paws to the sky.

Her eyes looked like gold in the breaking sunlight, the blinding light making wonderful shapes through the leaves of the trees it passed through.

She flicked a welcoming tail at Heroneye, beckoning the she-cat to join her.

"You're right," she said after a few beats of silence. "Everyone was weird back then. Ha! They probably still are."

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old February 15th, 2024, 04:32 PM

Heroneye

Heroneye buried her fish and padded over to Owltalon before laying down next to her. It felt a bit strange to shift so suddenly from focused to relaxed just like that, but she found no reason to object. The relaxed atmosphere suddenly made hunting seem so much less urgent, and she couldn’t help but raise her paws to the sun like a kit too.

“Yes, I suppose we haven’t changed too much,” said Heroneye. “In your case, especially, if you were really as you say,” she added wryly. She didn’t really think Owltalon was a "nutcase", of course, but it seemed like it would be a funny thing to say in the moment.

(so apparently tc is gonna invade rc soon and i’m new to this site and not really sure what happens to preexisting rps in large events like this? could we say that this rp takes place before the raid begins? or would heroneye and owltalon be interrupted by fighting sounds etc. basically i’m not really sure how time generally works on here lol)
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 15th, 2024, 04:47 PM

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye buried her fish and padded over to Owltalon before laying down next to her. It felt a bit strange to shift so suddenly from focused to relaxed just like that, but she found no reason to object. The relaxed atmosphere suddenly made hunting seem so much less urgent, and she couldn’t help but raise her paws to the sun like a kit too.

“Yes, I suppose we haven’t changed too much,” said Heroneye. “In your case, especially, if you were really as you say,” she added wryly. She didn’t really think Owltalon was a "nutcase", of course, but it seemed like it would be a funny thing to say in the moment.

(so apparently tc is gonna invade rc soon and i’m new to this site and not really sure what happens to preexisting rps in large events like this? could we say that this rp takes place before the raid begins? or would heroneye and owltalon be interrupted by fighting sounds etc. basically i’m not really sure how time generally works on here lol)
@Marigoldwhisper
`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Oh, that is some pretty big news. To be completely honest, I'm not sure what's gonna happen when TC invades. I assume we just have to wait for Birdsnow's orders. And sure, we can make it so the two cats are interrupted by the sounds of fighting if needed. I wouldn't worry about it too much though^^ btw, sorry for any spelling errors, I'm feeling a bit sick )

Owltalon just smiled, happy to be sunbathing in this harsh weather.

"What about you Heroneye? What were you like?" She turned her head at the she-cat her ears perking curiously.

She loved learning about other cats, a good story was much to her enjoyment.

Heroneye seemed to be a very nicely rounded warrior, she was excitedly to here from her.

"Y'know," Owltalon added with a chuckle. "Elders aren't the only cats who get to tell stories." She said in a sing song way.

These times were finally becoming as simple as the moons she spent as an apprentice. Of course life wasn't life without it's challenges, but that's what made everyone so special, so them.

Without challenge, no one would be nearly as interesting or capable. They'd all be as sorry as overfed kitty-pets.

Owltalon knew her clan had more dignity than that.

My Art Shop!
Old February 15th, 2024, 07:35 PM
Time is just an illusion

Status: A true warrior — the best warrior — isn't cruel or mean.
Bump Policy: 1-2 Days
My Mood: Unpredictable

BeanFloat ←
|He/him | 18 moons | Purrks: Beefed up Tier Two;Not Skiddin' Around; Mind Reader | Straight | Warrior |
light marmalade fur with very bright fawn spots, green and blue eyes

Beanfloat was snuggled against himself as he looked across the snow. Thee purely whiteness was amazing if would sure be fun to hang out with someone.

@shoomy!

[short post to just get started!]

VM me STARS

My Characters thoughts and actions are not mine but theirs.

Please don't quote me during a roleplay unless you place it into spoilers!
| Characters| Training Trackers | Darkclan |Art Shop & Tradel| Bugclan| Art Page |
Old February 15th, 2024, 09:11 PM

Heroneye

Heroneye paused, her expression unreadable. “Ah, me? I really wasn’t that special. I mostly kept to myself, wasn’t very agreeable...

“I put everything I had into training, but I wouldn’t listen to my mentor, and I’d push myself too far and wind up right back where I began,” Heroneye continued, tracing the outline of a cloud in the sky above with her paw.

It was pretty frustrating to think back on, really. Heronpaw would ignore her mentor’s instructions, then wonder why she wasn’t getting any better.

“I suppose I had my own struggles back then, but I’m still not particularly proud of how I tended to take it out on my Clanmates,” Heroneye finished with a small shrug.

(dw lol, your health more important yknow)
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 16th, 2024, 04:48 PM

Quote:

Heroneye

Heroneye paused, her expression unreadable. “Ah, me? I really wasn’t that special. I mostly kept to myself, wasn’t very agreeable...

“I put everything I had into training, but I wouldn’t listen to my mentor, and I’d push myself too far and wind up right back where I began,” Heroneye continued, tracing the outline of a cloud in the sky above with her paw.

It was pretty frustrating to think back on, really. Heronpaw would ignore her mentor’s instructions, then wonder why she wasn’t getting any better.

“I suppose I had my own struggles back then, but I’m still not particularly proud of how I tended to take it out on my Clanmates,” Heroneye finished with a small shrug.

(dw lol, your health more important yknow)
@Marigoldwhisper
`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Owltalon turned back to Heroneye curiously, her gaze questioning as if she'd just seen Heroneye with new eyes.

"You were like that? Surprising." Owltalon mewed, obviously lacking better words. "I would've never guessed honestly."

Now that she thought about it, she could see it.

No wonder the lean warrior had been so bad at catching fish. To be fair, they were a challenge for any cat regardless of experience, but still.

And it was quite obvious that Heroneye had a problem with patience. Owltalon noticed how the brown warrior twitched towards the stream when she spotted the fish, only to go against her own threaded nature to actually listen to some cat.

It was quite admirable, actually. Everyone was capable of change and Heroneye was a good example of such.

"Well, you shaped up to be a pretty awesome cat, didn't 'cha, champ?" She softly nudged Heroneye in the ribs. "I'm proud of 'ya."

My Art Shop!
Old February 16th, 2024, 08:46 PM

Heroneye

“Oh, I don’t know about that. But thank you,” Heroneye said with a small smile. “I like to think that I’ve improved, at least a little.”

Indeed, as she’d begun to realize her flaws towards the end of her apprenticeship, she had seriously questioned if she could ever really be a decent Clanmate or warrior. But Owltalon’s words gave Heroneye some hope that she might be okay, at least at some point.

“Well, not that it matters now,” said Heroneye with a yawn.

(i think we could have it so that this takes place at a time separate from the raid, if that’s ok. i want heroneye to bite bite kill kill etc but also hang out lol)
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 17th, 2024, 05:34 AM

Quote:

Heroneye

“Oh, I don’t know about that. But thank you,” Heroneye said with a small smile. “I like to think that I’ve improved, at least a little.”

Indeed, as she’d begun to realize her flaws towards the end of her apprenticeship, she had seriously questioned if she could ever really be a decent Clanmate or warrior. But Owltalon’s words gave Heroneye some hope that she might be okay, at least at some point.

“Well, not that it matters now,” said Heroneye with a yawn.

(i think we could have it so that this takes place at a time separate from the raid, if that’s ok. i want heroneye to bite bite kill kill etc but also hang out lol)
@Marigoldwhisper

`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Understandable! I'm fine with that honestly^^)

Owltalon just smiled, allowing herself to sink into solid ground. "I think every apprentice was or is like that at some point, would you?"

She began fiddling with her claws, watching how they looked oddly transparent in the sunlight. Streams of scarlet ran across the white surface, dazing her mind with unforgiving memories.

She froze up like a scared possum, her eyes wide and large despite the direct sunlight she was getting.

After a few moments but what felt like an eternity for Owltalon, she finally loosened up, her expression flicking into something somewhat neutral.

My Art Shop!