Bump Policy: ALWAYS. PLEASEEEE
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye
| she/her | RiverClan | Warrior |
| A brown, mottled she-cat with blue eyes |

You? A downer?” Heroneye said, a bit surprised. “Don’t say that. This whole time, you’ve been telling me how everything is going to get better.”

Owltalon’s words really did confound Heroneye. Perhaps she’s trying to convince herself just as much as me, she reflected with a flick of her tail.

“In any case, don’t mind me. I just tend to get a bit...antsy this time of year. Knowing that the well-being of one’s Clan is more or less out of one’s paws... It can be a bit difficult for me, that’s all.”

@Marigoldwhisper
`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Owltalon nodded in agreement. "I understand, all the clan's troubles got your whiskers in a tangle?" She let out a chuckle. "Don't you worry, I'm pretty antsy myself."

Then Owltalon tried to decide whether to dodge Heroneye's first remark or actually address it. After a long pause of silence between the two cats Owltalon broke it with a single mew, her words weirdly sharp, almost like a hiss.

"Oh, trust me," she laughed. "I'm just trying to keep myself in check, y'know? I feel that the best way to do that is to try and do that for other cats as well. It 'stabilizes' me in some way."

The brown warrior chose not to elaborate, instead she absentmindedly began hovering a free paw over her scarred over eye. She dropped her forepaw after a few heartbeats.

As if to shake away the previous exchange of words, she shook her pelt, pausing to look drowsily at the looming clouds above her.

"But enough about me," she mewed. "How would you like it if I sharpened up your fish hunting skills? Eh? Wouldn't that be so fun?"

Crisis adverted.

Good job, Owltalon.

You screwed it up. She thought bitterly, careful to make sure her thoughts didn't leak into her soft expression.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old February 11th, 2024, 04:19 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Starlingflight
58 Moons
She/Her
-----------------------

She kept her stride, racing the wind itself to reach the fox-infestation. Her head turned to Cherryswirl, and she grumbled, "Always ready to line my nest with some fox fur." Starlingflight replied, "So what's the plan?" She swapped her pace until she was stride for stride with Cherryswirl, "Claws out, yowling, or do we use some tact? We're pretty small for a patrol, even if it's just one fox." Starlingflight pointed out.

@Cherry~ @Dust
Old February 11th, 2024, 06:21 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post

[ Cherryswirl - 52 Moons]
She/Her | Chaotic Good | Lionheart
Go With The Flow [Active]

"Great catch Sparrow!" Cherryswirl praised in more of a hushed tone as not to scare away any fish. Truthfully, She had been precariously watching as Sparrowsnarl had boosted himself onto the ice. Not that... not that she didn't trust the warrior's capability... but with the two of them putting their weight on it was risky. Though, as Sparrow had maneuvered away from her to his own little section, she had nodded and gone back to watching the river herself. The silence had been loud, so - just as Cherryswirl was getting concentrated - hearing the sudden splash from Sparrow sent her scuttling like a little crab to see if he was alright. Cue, fish! A purr rumbled in her chest as she quietly called to him,

"My turn next... Don't go catching all the fish." Turning away from Sparrow - once again scuttling like a crab - Cherryswirl resumed her concentration stance as her eyes fluttered with each ripple and movement of the water beneath her. There were a few smaller fish still wriggling around unaware of their soon-to-be swift death from above. The silence grew once more and after what felt like ages of waiting for something to pass by, the glittering scales of a decently sized fish started to meander by. Within seconds, Cherryswirl was face deep into the water, a single paw following behind as she scooped it towards her and bit down, pulling it up out of the freezing water. Whiskers dripping, the warrior turned with a bright expression as an average sized perch dangled from her jaws. One for one now. Maybe one more between the each of them would suffice.

[ @JellyMoons | @Micanomancy ]
Sparrowsnarl
RiverClan
he/him | 50 moons
[Large, fluffy dark brown tom with amber eyes]
· · ────────────── · ·
[Swanbite - @JellyMoons ]
· · ────────────── · ·
Sparrowsnarl's usually downcast eyes seemed to sparkle with amusement and pride as Cherryswirl caught her own fish, and he waved his tail as if to say good catch!

Not willing to let himself be shown up, Sparrowsnarl eyed the flowing waters, the fish tentatively making their way out of the reeds and into the open water after Cherryswirl's attack. The tom caught sight of a particularly large fish, and his eyes glinted. That one. He must have jumped the gun, or not gotten the right angle, because when he shoved his face into the frigid water to snag the fish with his teeth, he was met only with icy water and the firm slap of a powerful fin as the fish darted away.

Sparrowsnarl slowly pulled his soaking, dripped face from the water, the icy wind now unbearable in its chill. He slowly turned to Cherryswirl, gaze dead as though the injustice the fish had presented to him had sucked his soul straight to StarClan. It was.... an admittedly hilarious sight.

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!

Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SHC) - Eaglepaw (Outsider) - Birdpaw (SHC) - Hillstrider (SHC) - Emberkit (SHC)
---
Mistlewhisker sig art by @/redshiftreign
---
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old February 11th, 2024, 08:46 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Doh

Heroneye

Heroneye nodded thoughtfully as Owltalon spoke. Of course, it’s never easy to verbalize one’s worries, especially when it is taboo to do so. The fact that words such as “downer” existed to begin with was proof enough of this, despite how natural it was to feel doubt or nervousness for the future.

“Yes, that would be nice,” Heroneye responded politely. She could sense that the both of them were feeling rather tense, and while she had little to offer in the way of words of consolation, she hoped that this would at least help to ease their worries for a bit. “I could use the practice, as you know.” As punctuation, she shook her head a bit, and a few rogue droplets of water were gently flicked away.
@Marigoldwhisper
Old February 11th, 2024, 11:28 PM
Adderstrike, my darling..

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
@Marigoldwhisper

Adderpaw was happy to get out of the camp. She so often wanted to go out and explore the territory on her own but her mind chimed that she shouldn't. Larkstar and Birdsnow said that apprentices weren't to walk off into the territory alone and Adderpaw wasn't going to go against both leaders rules. A part of her wanted to be rebellious and do it anyways but it was more fun to drag a warrior along. This was totally her plan the entire time and hunting wasn't just something that came to her mind later noooo..

Wait who was she lying to? Who is the narrator lying to? Once they got far enough out Adderpaw turned around and looked to Swanberry with a giddy smile. "Alright I think this is a good enough spot to start to hunting!"
Old February 12th, 2024, 01:21 AM
time to wake up

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: on hiatus until ~9/12- do not bump
My Mood: Distracted

At Cherryswirl's words, Fadingsun twitched an ear. "It was several days ago now that the fox scent was reported to me; it easily could've wandered elsewhere by now." He wasn't exactly well-versed in fox behavior; they did have dens, but they didn't seem to stay in them long-term like cats did.

Parting his jaws to scent the air, he specifically looked to isolate any fox scent. He did pick up one, although it was rather faint. Still, it would be worth looking into. Considering that Cherryswirl seemed to be relegating control of the patrol to him, he said, "Come on, there's a fox scent here. It's faint, but it's worth investigating. Keep your claws out, we might need to attack at any point."

He padded on, following the trail as best he could. Hopefully it would eventually peter out and they could go back to camp without any issue.

( If it's okay with you guys, I'm thinking Fading can encounter a fox in my next post? )
Fadingstar is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy; please post at the abandoned den and tag me! If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old February 12th, 2024, 06:01 AM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fits View Post

Heroneye

Heroneye nodded thoughtfully as Owltalon spoke. Of course, it’s never easy to verbalize one’s worries, especially when it is taboo to do so. The fact that words such as “downer” existed to begin with was proof enough of this, despite how natural it was to feel doubt or nervousness for the future.

“Yes, that would be nice,” Heroneye responded politely. She could sense that the both of them were feeling rather tense, and while she had little to offer in the way of words of consolation, she hoped that this would at least help to ease their worries for a bit. “I could use the practice, as you know.” As punctuation, she shook her head a bit, and a few rogue droplets of water were gently flicked away.
@Marigoldwhisper
`~Owltalon
She\Warrior\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"Way ahead of you champ," Owltalon grinned.

"Alright, it all depends on the fish you're getting I presume. Some are easier, some put up a bit of a fight. Let's start small, kay? Try and look for some flashes of silver, small flashes."

She crouched next to the steam and watched intently, the tip of her tail flicking rhythmically.

She let Heroneye look on for a while, pride swelling up in her chest.

This was amazing actually, it got her mind off of a lot of things.

"Do you see anything?" Owltalon's gaze flicked over to the other warrior, her smile still present and crinkling the corners of her eyes.

My Art Shop!
Old February 12th, 2024, 06:10 AM
Matching with @/Rowan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostAmongTheStars View Post
Adderpaw
Determined ⋆ Loyal ⋆ Lawful Good ⋆ She/Her ⋆ Beefed Up T3
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”
@Marigoldwhisper

Adderpaw was happy to get out of the camp. She so often wanted to go out and explore the territory on her own but her mind chimed that she shouldn't. Larkstar and Birdsnow said that apprentices weren't to walk off into the territory alone and Adderpaw wasn't going to go against both leaders rules. A part of her wanted to be rebellious and do it anyways but it was more fun to drag a warrior along. This was totally her plan the entire time and hunting wasn't just something that came to her mind later noooo..

Wait who was she lying to? Who is the narrator lying to? Once they got far enough out Adderpaw turned around and looked to Swanberry with a giddy smile. "Alright I think this is a good enough spot to start to hunting!"
[Swanberry]
She\Warrior\RC
"No one knows how far I'll go."

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Swanberry trotted in, following Adderpaw's heels, her green eyes taking in the sights around her.

She'd never get used to the snow, never in a million years, but at least it was pretty out. From the way that the sunlight danced on frosted over leaves to the sparkling snow beneath them.

Also, seeing Adderpaw giddy was a mood boost as well. She admired her clan, she really, really did.

She stepped curiously into the undergrowth Adderpaw had lead her to. She observed it excitedly as her eyes rapidly blinked away snow.

"This place it wonderful, beautiful as well." Swanberry lifted her head and twitched her ears. She found it quite hard to smell anything, or perhaps there was nothing around at the moment.

She turned back to Adderpaw. "Do you smell anything?"

Come to think of it, she did smell faint whispers of bird.

My Art Shop!
Old February 12th, 2024, 03:22 PM
Warrior

Bump Policy: 2 Days~
My Mood: Inspired

As Duststorm padded, she thought of ways to assess the young warrior-in-training. Even if he had missed the ceremony, there had to be another reason why he wasn't approved for an apprenticeship. Nodding, she thought of that startling day when she had to leap after her mentor.

..She would give a hint of warning at least.
"Follow me!"

Pushing forward she darted off amongst the barren bushes and brambles as fast as her long fur would allow. Hopefully it wouldn't snag and get torn out. This was a good test of his smell, stamina, and speed though. Duststorm couldn't be complaining about twig-filled fur this time!
@DaphB)
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery," William Shakespeare
"Maybe it needs one of these doo-hickeys?" Arcee - Transformers PRIME

Last edited by RoboPrism; February 12th, 2024 at 03:22 PM.
Old February 12th, 2024, 04:13 PM
yes, it's me again

Bump Policy: 1 week
My Mood: Doh

Heroneye

Heroneye once more positioned herself over the stream, glaring at the water in concentration. Despite her expression, though, she was beginning to feel more at ease. The sound of running water felt very comfortable, though Heroneye figured that was only natural for a RiverClan cat such as herself. Additionally, of course, the act of keeping busy and finding food for the Clan was often effective at alleviating any Leaf-bare worries.

There! Heroneye’s shoulders tensed, and she flicked her tail subtly at the water. A minnow was slipping its way along, blissfully unaware of the two cats just a few tail-lengths away. Instinctively, she nearly dove for the prey herself before remembering that she had come for Owltalon’s guidance to begin with. I’ve messed up enough today, she thought, furrowing a brow. I ought to sit down and listen for a bit... She turned expectantly to Owltalon.
@Marigoldwhisper