New Life [p]
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 05:53 PM

Old December 3rd, 2023, 11:33 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: StarClan Territory

Funny how easily offended kittypets were. Brokenstar flashed his fangs in a smile at the pathetic excuse of a sprout. "My side isn't the one consisting of cats who can't follow simple instructions. "This cat's ruining your Clan and is why a flood happened" and still you sat on that and let your Clan fester. No wonder you're in hell." And incapable of holding down a rodent, to boot. It made sense why he never got a warrior name.

Point his paws where he liked, Brokenstar would not waste another thought on this. He did not care for the intrusion, but recognized the duo was trying to reclaim their lost kittypet. "Fawnlight, I suggest you step aside and let the boys take back what's theirs." A cautionary glance toward Otterfluff would urge the hesitant warrior to keep his paws clean of this situation. "Magpiewisp."

Trust was hard to build, but through the ages of knowing Magpiewisp, his confidence in him had never waivered. If any other cat were in Magpiewisp's place, Brokenstar might not be so inclined to let this play out. But.. "Do whatever you need to do to clean this up."

Playing cat and mouse and arguing with dead failures was not worth his time or energy, so with a dismissive flick of his tail Brokenstar made his departure. He might linger in the shadows in case there was no resolution.

If Beansprout was resolute in being a pest, he would see to it he was imprisoned in a fate worse than death.

[ @vellichor ; @vampire ; @Starfall ; @birdie // broken has stepped out to keep this fast-paced. feel free to continue w/o me, he'll just enjoy the show from the shadows ]

Last edited by BEAR.; December 6th, 2023 at 12:15 AM. Reason: fixed bbcode
Old December 5th, 2023, 09:01 AM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Redtalon
Senior Thunderclan Warrior. A well-muscled, broad, red and white furred tom with yellow eyes.

The large tom didn't have to look over his shoulder to know that those he had called followed, he could hear their ruckus behind him, and all he could do was chuckle. It was like he was alive again, running out with his patrol to sniff out the border, only this time there was the possibility of invaders already in the territory. If his heart could beat it would be thundering eagerly in his chest. His starry claws were already unsheathed and tearing into the sacred ground as he ran. He would lead the group of two patrols to the easternmost border before finally coming to a stop, raising his thick fluffy tail for attention before he boomed out with a voice like thunder.

"Patrol one, you will travel north around the border, and we will go south. We will meet where the border touches in the west, be thorough in your scenting. Any scent that you find that does not belong, track it down and neutralize it. There will be no mercy spared towards these intruders for it is destruction and malice they seek, so too will we give it to them. Do not fail Starclan."

Redtalon swept his gaze over every one of the cats with him, from former leaders, deputies and warriors, all of them were on equal ground now. They were protecting not only their paradise, but the paradise of the cats to come. Flicking his tail, he signaled for the patrols to part, leading his group of cats south along the border.
"Noses and eyes sharp you all. You spot or scent something? Say something." Despite the barked command, there was lightness in his eyes. This tom was completely at ease and ready.

Cindersky @birdie | Sunstorm @Pangoligon | Shockholly @Abyssopelagic | Blazingstar @SuspiciousMindz | Shiningskies @Lillith | Frostfall @Dust | Robinflight @ChristmasFawn
[I will mention the members of patrol one, once Redtalon's patrol has reached the point where they should meet!]

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old December 5th, 2023, 08:30 PM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Cindersky
She/her | Former ThunderClan Leader | Worldweaver T1
Threatened huh? The word bounced around in her mind like a moss-ball between two kits as Cindersky bounded after Redtalon. She hadn't missed the tongue from Shockholly, nor the amused smirk from Blazingstar. Though even in the afterlife she would continue to put ThunderClan above everything else, she knew that the little rivalries up in the stars were not of the same magnitude as they had been while they were alive. Plus, Blazingstar seemed different than her memories of him. She just chuckled and shook her head, only slowing when Redtalon halted and lifted his tail.

The northern border, hmm? Cinder gave a curt nod to the former ThunderClan warrior before jerking with her head for the first patrol to follow her. She didn't bother running or sprinting, keeping a keen lookout as she trotted along the border. "Nice of you to haul yourself from your burrow to help out, you two," came the teasing remark from the slender silver bengal, stubbed tail twitching as she cast a look over to them before going back to surveillance. There was a lightheartedness to her voice though, and her gaze slipped over to Sunstorm. He was... RiverClan if she wasn't mistaken. She simply dipped her head to him, light and cordial, before returning to her surveillance and put what mattered most at the forefront of her mind; the dissipating border. Even as she walked along she noticed the fizzling, light flickering in little tears here and there. Definitely big enough for Dark Forest cats to come through.

"I noticed the border deteriorating some days ago, but have yet to see any Dark Forest cross into StarClan territory." She didn't bother mentioning the shadowed warrior that had showed up to her attempted resurrection; the Star Cave had always been a place of neutrality amongst the dead; it made sense why they would be able (and allowed) to go there freely. "...We have an uphill battle, however, if the remedy to this is rekindling the lost faith in the Clans. Most of them have turned their backs on the stars." She could not name a single cat she knew back in the land of the living that held as much faith as the cats of old had back when she was a warrior. Too often now StarClan was spat on, discarded as nothing.

What would happen to their starry skies should the faith plummet entirely? Would the darkness that plagued the hearts and territory of the Place of No Stars spread here, encapsulating everything Cindersky knew of afterlife into an endless night? The thought terrified her.

[ @Pangoligon @Abyssopelagic @SuspiciousMindz @The Cannibal ]

"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum

Old December 7th, 2023, 11:10 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Fine

Robinflight followed redtalon closely, his eyes gazed around closely for any intruders, he stopped as redtalon spoke to patrol 1, his eyes still sweeping the territory. He huffed as he didn't pay much attention to redtalons words other than look sharp and be thorough with scenting. Once the patrols parted ways, he began to follow again, his paws stepping lightly as he sniffed around. The tom lashed his tail as he looked around,"Dark forest cats, mousebrains" he mumbled under his breath, barely audible.
@lilith @Dust @The Cannibal
Old December 10th, 2023, 10:04 PM
⌗ ✶ dog days are over

Status: 彡 ╰► now if youre lonely you know i am here waiting for you ✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 3 days / 1 day if time sensitive
My Mood: Mysterious

// @birdie
The bobtail laid there for a long stretch of silence, focusing on the rise of their chest. Up and down. Each breath shaky as shame begun to build on their chest. Unsure of the possible effects it might have on the living -- something they would have to watch unfold to see Spiderthroat's fate. The mere thought was anxiety inducing, and Asterdance tried to decidedly steer away from thinking of the possibilities.

Someone had begun to approach them and they stiffened in apprehension, curling up deeper in an act of defiance against social interaction. They would not deal with the consequences of their actions right this instant their body still hadn't stopped bloody buzzing. To Asterdance's surprise the interloper slid down to their side, pressing their nose against their scarred shoulder.

And then realization clicked at that familiar scent that had started to stir recognition. Cindersky. Which, hold on. They had expected to see her in StarClan and she wasn't. They were pretty sure she hadn't been. They had checked, or tried to look even though StarClan was large and bustling.

A few beats, and they finally unfurled from their cocoon to peer wide-eye at the grey-furred she-cat. Their stubbed tail beginning to lash back and forth with excitement. Even in their mist of confusion and albeit strange situation Asterdance found themself in they were glad to see her. "Long time no see, " They chirped in greeting, showing a small smile of hesitation. Bit awkward.

"Uhm,, you know if there's any like, rules, against messing with the clouds.. or something.. There's a council, for one, never heard of a council being apart of StarClan. Haven't met them, don't know a lot, don't think I quite want to meet them, so just, you,, you knoow?? Is it something I need to expect??", " They blurt out immediately after a quick seconds, it was a growing thought. They were still new at this dead thing and they reckoned Cindersky wasn't."

❝ ★ fetch the bolt cutters, i've been in here too long.
whatever happens, whatever happens
(whatever happens) ★ ❞
wormbite's secret love childrenpronouns . cc

Last edited by wolfie; December 10th, 2023 at 10:05 PM.
Old December 11th, 2023, 09:36 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

[Blazingstar]
Former WindClan Leader

The ginger tom trekked alongside the patrol, his ears alert and his pelt tingling with the weird sensation rippling through the atmosphere. Something wasn't right and everyone could feel it. It'd been a long. . . long time since the former leader had felt on edge. This was almost reminiscent of the Evil Eras he'd lived through. He could vaguely remember those times. The Dark Forest ruled the thoughts of the clans. They couldn't let that happen again.

Coming up onto the border, Blazingstar would note the opening Cindersky pointed out. Blazingstar almost spoke up about his experiences, but instead he bit his lip, resisting that urge. This wasn't the time or place. He was sure no one else here would understand those circumstances. He'd have to intrude on some dreams soon. It seemed that would be the answer.

"This is not a fight we'll lose, we have nothing to fear. The clans will know we're still here soon," Blazingstar spoke solemnly, "I'll make sure of it," he spoke mostly under his breath to himself. His golden hues had shifted away from the hole in the border and down the line of the territory. His own fluffy tail twitched with unease.

@birdie -- Cindersky | @Pangoligon -- Sunstorm | @Abyssopelagic -- Shockholly

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; December 11th, 2023 at 09:36 PM.
Old December 11th, 2023, 10:15 PM
Stares (•-•)

Bump Policy: 2-5 days
My Mood: Lonely

| Sunstorm | He/Him |
| Former Riverclan Warrior | Starclan Warrior |
Purrks : none

─── ───
The former riverclanner's gazed upon the border, the tom was quite unsure how in the world he hadn't noticed this wall falling apart. He'd been mostly on the more middle parts of the territory. Not near camp, not near the border either. He never felt easy going near the border in the first place though now that feeling had increased. Sunstorm had never thought he would need to feel this uneasy going near the border. When he was alive, maybe though he never thought of it now that he's dead. How'd this happened and how to resolve it is a question he and probably other cats had if Sunstorm would guess. Yet there was no clues as to how it happened nor how to end this mess. He didn't notice anyone cross the border so there's probably not so much dark forest cats that took noticed of this...at least he wanted to believe that; but in the end, he wasn't sure. Sunstorm's flame colored eyes looked over back at the territory; looking out for any of those dark hearted cats who tries to cross the border between the two afterlives and make their way through the territory

He slightly nodded about Cindersky saying most of the living had turned their backs on the starry afterlives "indeed they have" he's seen it for himself who knows how many times, cats who just didn't care for starclan anymore. Some completely siding with the dark forest. It'll be quite to struggle to get everyone to turn their minds in the direction of starclan. Even if they all try and try harder, they can't get everyone on the same mindset together. Perhaps some would, though not all of them. His eyes turned to the former windclan leader as he spoke; Sunstorm wasn't sure what he's planning but whatever it is would probably help deal with this situation
╰─▸ ❝ @SuspiciousMindz [Blazingstar] @birdie [Cindersky] @Abyssopelagic [Shockholly]

groareroraqreoroar - dino
ghostie wuz herez

Old December 17th, 2023, 12:40 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Lurking

Shockholly | she/they | WindClan Ancestor

Shockholly hopped over a small lump of starry grass before catching up with the rest of their patrol, tail restlessly flickering to and fro behind them as they trotted.
Their eyes scanned their surroundings even as they listened to the others speak among themselves. This did not change as they spoke up.
"I'm almost surprised their faith has waivered, given that all of their Medicine Cats have had to be trained by the dead to avoid them accidentally killing someone with their inexperience.
No matter. I may not be able to help on that front, but my mate has quite the silver tongue and many connections she could rekindle. With the combined efforts, I'm sure this will all pass eventually."

It really was nice to see that despite their different backgrounds, they could all see past it when it was needed. And being on a patrol once again was almost comforting despite the circumstances.

That comfort faded as they came upon the border, and the tear in the border showed itself to the group. Their eyes narrowed as they searched the area.
This wasn't good.

[ @Birdie | @Pangoligon | @SuspiciousMindz ]

Coldamber, Shockholly (StC)
Sedgestorm (Outsider)
Woollyfeather, Honeybite, Silkpaw (ShC)
Old December 18th, 2023, 07:30 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

•° Beansprout °•
N/A

There, there she was. His kid, his light. He wanted so desperately to barrel into her, crying and apologizing and comforting her. But just as it seemed he was about to finally reunite with his daughter after so many agonizing moons, she slipped past him, claws out, and stood between him and his aggressors. Oh, Stars no. No no, he couldn't let them hurt her.

He had barely opened his mouth before Mumblepaw came in, hissing and spitting about how he caused a flood. Beansprout let out an involuntary hiss and flattened his ears against his skull. "How in the hell could I have caused a flood? Use your brain, Mumblepaw, don't just listen to what any random dead cat tells you." At least, he assumed Mumblepaw had been fed this information from the Stars. Where else would this idiotic idea come from?

At Magpiewisp's threatening words, Beansprout made his way in front of Fawnlight and bared his fangs. "Like hell you will, you sorry excuse for a cat." Fur was puffed up to make him look bigger, though he couldn't be all that much bigger, given his small size. He completely ignored Brokenstar, not even sparing the old cat a look. "You want me? Come get me. But I'll keep crossing this damn border as many times as I have to."

// @vampire @Starfall @tallulah \\

violetfreckle // timberpaw // lark
Old December 18th, 2023, 12:18 PM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Fawnlight
She/her | Formerly RiverClan | No purrks
Her children.... A low, feral snarl started in the depths of her chest and snaked up her throat until Fawnlight bared her fangs at Mumblepaw with narrowed eyes. Her little kits, her family... "Keep my kits out of your mouth," she warned lowly, her mind trying to push away the thoughts of what might've happened to them. There was unresolved anger there she didn't wish to deal with, that she couldn't deal with, because it wasn't her father that it went towards - it was her former mate.

She was smart enough to know that a single cat couldn't cause an entire flood, but a single cat could've been there to protect them. He could've been there to watch over them and make sure they grew up. But no. He had left her kits to fend for themselves, and eventually without his protection, they had suffered. If any cat belonged in the dark forest... it was him. "My kits deaths," it was difficult to linger on that word, stuck in her throat like a thorn, "are not my father's fault." It was him. Him. Him. Him.

Magpiewisp's words cut through her chest but she stood still. Perhaps earlier in her life, those words meant to induce within her anxiety and fear would've done their job. They would've made her whimper and cower. But she knew herself, and she knew in her heart that she had done the best she could as RiverClan's medicine cat. She had healed Clanmates, pulled them together. The anxiety that had taken control of her for the majority of her life was nothing more than a pair of broken shackles now, and she was free to stand up to bullies like this cat. "Says the one in the dark forest," came the spitting retort from Fawnlight as she glared at the ancient cat. No, today those words would do nothing but bounce off of her. It would take more than petty insults to get her to back down.

Rearing back, Fawnlight stepped to the side to dodge the onslaught of attacks from Mumblepaw, shooting out a single claw as he slipped past in order to rake it through his flank. Hurt flashed in her eyes because she truly did not want to hurt any of them, especially not the apprentice. "Why does it matter where he resides? Why can't I just have my dad back???" The worlds came out desperate and broken as tears sprung to her face, her back turning to face Mumblepaw once more.

Brokenstar's words were not lost on her as the older spirit seemed to slip out of sight. "What's theirs?" Nearly choking on the disbelief, Fawnlight shook her head. "No, my father does not belong in darkness, and these 'boys' will not be taking him anywhere." At least not without going through her. Dying again or not she would defend her dad this time. She wouldn't leave him.

With Mumblepaw likely going to advance again, the she-cat had her back turned and stepped back until she felt her flank brush her fathers puffed up one. All at once it felt safe, it felt like home, it felt like comfort she had spent too long without. "...I'm sorry, dad..." She took the chance to whisper the words, shaky and full of guilt. Her paws started to shake in front of her but she kept her stance firm as she flanked his back, eyes staring at Mumblepaw as she waited for him to advance again. Muscles tense and waiting, Fawnlight knew that there would be a fight here before either of them got out of this.

[ @vampire @Starfall @vellichor @BEAR. ]

"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum

Last edited by taillow; December 18th, 2023 at 12:19 PM.