~Shy Bean~

My Mood: Lurking
Default Re: Cattail Pond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowfern View Post
@Aquilex

Fishspeckle

Fishspeckle slowed along with his hunting partner,
“Do you smell anything?” He whispered, lifting his nose to the air and checking for scents, he smelled a mouse scent... it was a bit stale, there was also a smell of other RiverClan cats, someone else must have been hunting here not too long ago.
“It looks like this spot was used for hunting recently, we should find a different spot then,” Fishspeckle meowed, headed in another direction.
Barkfuzz followed, staying alert as they moved. He made sure his pawsteps were soft and cautious. He kept his tail low and stiff so it wouldn't brush against the ground.

Barkfuzz (RC)
Prowlingsun (TC)
Old March 8th, 2021, 10:14 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadeleaf View Post
Lizardpaw did not understand humor. or friendship. She only understood work.
"Though I have been demoted to an apprentice, I have still retained my knowledge of warrior life. I can do anything a warrior can, though my honor has been destroyed. let's fish." she said finally, turning to look for a nice spot to fish.
Foxblaze struggled to understand how this was not humorous but shrugged it off nonetheless. She got on her belly and slid to the pong, waiting a second for the right fish and darting her paw into the cool waters to grip a fish and pull it ashore. It was as big as her but that wasn't saying much at all. She was smol. She quickly nipped it to deliver a killing bite. She was terrible at hunting but she as very god at fishing.

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old March 8th, 2021, 11:47 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exis View Post
Foxblaze struggled to understand how this was not humorous but shrugged it off nonetheless. She got on her belly and slid to the pong, waiting a second for the right fish and darting her paw into the cool waters to grip a fish and pull it ashore. It was as big as her but that wasn't saying much at all. She was smol. She quickly nipped it to deliver a killing bite. She was terrible at hunting but she as very god at fishing.
(Ah yes, Foxblaze the God of fishing)

Lizardpaw was terribly efficient in anything she did. She carefully slid in and dived soundlessly. After a few seconds she dived back up with a dead fish on her jaws. She put it on the shore and went back in. With determination, she started piling fish. Some of them got away from her but Lizardpaw continued doing her best.
Old March 8th, 2021, 11:58 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Splashleap sniffed the air vigorously, prowling in a circle around the frigid pond. She had no intention of getting in or even going near the frozen mud that encircled it, but she had to search around. Her paws crunched on the frozen grass and she stuck her nose into the cattails, one clump after the other. She didn't smell anything even remotely like Sootstar or Stormcall, and definitely no herby smell from Sparrowskip. It seemed they hadn't been on this side at least, and she roamed a bit farther from the water, covering the grass around the pond. @Exis @Fierceclaw
Old March 8th, 2021, 03:40 PM
By Unpopular Demand: Me

My Mood: Devilish

@Aquilex

Fishspeckle

Suddenly, A bushy brown tail darted between a couple of dead bushes.
Fishspeckle crept forward, stopped, and then pounced!
The squirrel let out a squeak of surprise as Fishspeckle caught it, held it down, and quickly killed it.
“Thank you StarClan for this prey,” He murmured before padding back over to his patrolmate, “Well,” He said aloud, “At least we know there’s prey here!”
Old March 8th, 2021, 04:56 PM
~Shy Bean~

Quote:
@Aquilex

Fishspeckle

Suddenly, A bushy brown tail darted between a couple of dead bushes.
Fishspeckle crept forward, stopped, and then pounced!
The squirrel let out a squeak of surprise as Fishspeckle caught it, held it down, and quickly killed it.
“Thank you StarClan for this prey,” He murmured before padding back over to his patrolmate, “Well,” He said aloud, “At least we know there’s prey here!”
Barkfuzz nodded. "Great catch!" he complimented, though he said it a bit quietly so as not to alert any nearby prey.

He craned his neck and tilted his head upward to taste the air. At first it was hard to smell anything apart from the frostiness in the air, but eventually he caught wind of what seemed to be a rabbit. He continued sniffing until he pinpointed the scent. Casting a quick glance at Fishspeckle he nodded to the bramble thicket a few tail lengths away. "Smells like it's in there," he murmured to the other tom. "I'll flush it out and drive it towards you so we can avoid tracking thorns back to camp."

Barkfuzz (RC)
Prowlingsun (TC)
Old March 8th, 2021, 05:00 PM

@Aquilex

Fishspeckle

Fishspeckle nodded,
“Sounds like a plan,” He meowed, dropping his catch and scratching earth over it.
He padded over to the outside of the brambles, waiting for Barkfuzz to flush the prey out.
Old March 8th, 2021, 06:49 PM
~Shy Bean~

Quote:
@Aquilex

Fishspeckle

Fishspeckle nodded,
“Sounds like a plan,” He meowed, dropping his catch and scratching earth over it.
He padded over to the outside of the brambles, waiting for Barkfuzz to flush the prey out.
Barkfuzz dropped into a low crouch and slithered across the grass, making his way toward the thicket. When he was close enough to ensure he could catch his prey should things go awry the tom inched his way around the thicket just until he was downwind of the target.

Almost instantly, a small rabbit shot from the prickly undergrowth towards Fishspeckle, moving quickly with fright. Barkfuzz tensed his muscles just in case.

Barkfuzz (RC)
Prowlingsun (TC)
Old March 8th, 2021, 07:15 PM

@Aquilex

Fishspeckle

Reacting quickly, Fishspeckle dashed forward and grabbed it by the hind, but it kicked out and made him lose his grip, as the rabbit started away, Fishspeckle whirled around and caught it this time, twisting its neck and biting down hard.
The limp rabbit hung from his jaws as Fishspeckle murmured another ‘thank you’ to StarClan and padded back to Barkfuzz.
“We make a great team!” Fishspeckle exclaimed, dropping the rabbit, “Great job flushing it out!”
Old March 8th, 2021, 08:38 PM
~Shy Bean~

Quote:
@Aquilex

Fishspeckle

Reacting quickly, Fishspeckle dashed forward and grabbed it by the hind, but it kicked out and made him lose his grip, as the rabbit started away, Fishspeckle whirled around and caught it this time, twisting its neck and biting down hard.
The limp rabbit hung from his jaws as Fishspeckle murmured another ‘thank you’ to StarClan and padded back to Barkfuzz.
“We make a great team!” Fishspeckle exclaimed, dropping the rabbit, “Great job flushing it out!”
"You weren't so bad yourself!" Barkfuzz joked. "Great job with that catch! You're right, we do make a great team. An excellent one, in fact." He scratched earth over the catch. "Should we keep hunting here or move on? I don't think we made enough noise to scare the rest of the prey away."

Barkfuzz (RC)
Prowlingsun (TC)