Today 12:51 AM
Picnic Prey Social...
Last post by Tallstar
Today 12:50 AM

Old May 2nd, 2021, 03:22 AM
Vanity of Vanities

My Mood: Bored

Default Re: The Shadowledge

Shadepaw looked up at Finchwhisker and said with an enthusiastic voice "I was thinking if we happen to find ourselves in a area where we are granted a choke point do you think we should take it so that way when we engage the dogs instead of us fighting the entire pack we are only fighting three or four at a time."
@Puddle~ (The first thought that came to my mind was the battle of Thermopylae where the Greeks held the Persian army)

“Maybe I Should Just Kill All The Higher-Ups.” - Satoru Gojo

My Cats:
Shadefrost
SilverLightning

Sigpic Art by Rose Pfp from Demon Slayer
Old May 2nd, 2021, 04:57 AM
New, but not really

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Oh oh oh? His quiet relaxed half lidded state at the edge of the clearing in the shadows changed rather ubruptly as he jolted up dark eyes flying wide. Not just a few minutes ago he was named warrior and though he knew he in some manner had Dawnstars approval he figured she'd chose one of her more experienced cats to lead a patrol not him. Mixed feelings flowed through his pelt as his slit pupils fixed on the leader; What did this mean? Was it a sign of favour or another test of his capabilities? On one hand his pelt did warm and a bolt of rare joy and satisfaction swam through him at this but Redshrike was not a leader! He adored lurking in the shadows watching others for his own gain and sitting higher in the pack but not at the top knowing the dangers of the limelight, this was not in his normal well worn habits... And with that came the potential of failure which'd net a heavy cost. He couldnt pass this on to another unlucky sod to take the fall either that'd net Dawnstars disapproval, so he was stuck. It seemed he'd have to actually put effort in and step out of his comfortable more hidden role but the monochrome tom was determined to do it well. If this was a test he could not see he refused to fail the leader.

Besides his new ridged posture and widened eyes there was no change in his mannerisms, the new warriors mind may be running wild in his head but Redshrike only showed mild shock on the outside before he settled and stood.
"Gorsesong, Buckpaw, Frostpaw, Flashtail, Swiftpounce, Shrewstep, and Tigerdawn? Well gather here with me I suppose, we'll talk tactics and see if anyone would be better partnered with another (rather then solo) to make us all stronger as a patrol. Do not show? Thats on you and so are the consequences, no-one can save an idiot when they walk into the jaws of a beast unprepared."
They'd be following Finchwhiksers patrols attack so the burden to stop the charging dogs would be not on them so much but they'd be the first group who'd need to reenforce the attackers and the last that'd need to corral them from the front until Dawnstar struck. At least the task was mainly to keep them trapped until the mongrels were weakened enough to finish them off, that was simpler and elegant then a mindless all out attack. Who was the strong fighters in his patrol and who'd need support... Redshrike knew only Shrewstep (who he didnt dislike as a cat, for a change) so that'd need to be figured out.

"Who considers themselves a strong fighter or has experience with dogs? Remember your life is on the line here so trying to wrongly appear strong would be pointless and moronic."

@gs29513 @cunning @Tigerscratcher @Kunaiskrill @Flashtail @MooingPanda
(Tigerdawns a queen...)
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:03 AM
Flashtail is your father

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Oh oh oh? His quiet relaxed half lidded state at the edge of the clearing in the shadows changed rather ubruptly as he jolted up dark eyes flying wide. Not just a few minutes ago he was named warrior and though he knew he in some manner had Dawnstars approval he figured she'd chose one of her more experienced cats to lead a patrol not him. Mixed feelings flowed through his pelt as his slit pupils fixed on the leader; What did this mean? Was it a sign of favour or another test of his capabilities? On one hand his pelt did warm and a bolt of rare joy and satisfaction swam through him at this but Redshrike was not a leader! He adored lurking in the shadows watching others for his own gain and sitting higher in the pack but not at the top knowing the dangers of the limelight, this was not in his normal well worn habits... And with that came the potential of failure which'd net a heavy cost. He couldnt pass this on to another unlucky sod to take the fall either that'd net Dawnstars disapproval, so he was stuck. It seemed he'd have to actually put effort in and step out of his comfortable more hidden role but the monochrome tom was determined to do it well. If this was a test he could not see he refused to fail the leader.

Besides his new ridged posture and widened eyes there was no change in his mannerisms, the new warriors mind may be running wild in his head but Redshrike only showed mild shock on the outside before he settled and stood.
"Gorsesong, Buckpaw, Frostpaw, Flashtail, Swiftpounce, Shrewstep, and Tigerdawn? Well gather here with me I suppose, we'll talk tactics and see if anyone would be better partnered with another (rather then solo) to make us all stronger as a patrol. Do not show? Thats on you and so are the consequences, no-one can save an idiot when they walk into the jaws of a beast unprepared."
They'd be following Finchwhiksers patrols attack so the burden to stop the charging dogs would be not on them so much but they'd be the first group who'd need to reenforce the attackers and the last that'd need to corral them from the front until Dawnstar struck. At least the task was mainly to keep them trapped until the mongrels were weakened enough to finish them off, that was simpler and elegant then a mindless all out attack. Who was the strong fighters in his patrol and who'd need support... Redshrike knew only Shrewstep (who he didnt dislike as a cat, for a change) so that'd need to be figured out.

"Who considers themselves a strong fighter or has experience with dogs? Remember your life is on the line here so trying to wrongly appear strong would be pointless and moronic."

“I’m a fast runner” Flashtail mewed
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:04 AM
New, but not really

My Mood: Angelic

Quote:

“I’m a strong fighter.” Buckpaw growled
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:47 AM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Mixed feelings. He was glad he wasn't running or on Dawnstar's patrol, but the fact that the only just warrior was leading a patrol over him was a bit aggravating, to say the least. At least Frogfang wasn't leading one. Redshrike(the name sounded wrong in his mind) was a more reasonably cat, and was definitely a good fighter. At least he seemed to be taking charge, which was nice. So many patrol leaders were absent and barely useful, so the pragmatism was nice. Clustering over with the rest of his patrol, he saw that the apprentices were, unsurprisingly, saying they were strong fighters. He was fairly certain that if THEY were good fighters HE would be considered one, having actually taken his assessment, and opening his maw quickly, he mewed I'm not sure any of the apprentices should be considered truly strong fighters. They haven't taken their assessment after all. It was just logic really. The warriors Dawnstar had made were fiercer than the others, one good thing she'd done. If you weren't any good you stayed an apprentice. Made sorting this sort of thing out a bit easier. His claws unsheathing into the ground, he realized he was thinking like Frogfang. Strength, no weakness. No, he just didn't want them to idiotically die. That was what it was. He was fine. He wasn't thinking that way to hurt, only to protect. @Rani
Old May 2nd, 2021, 07:07 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Tigerlily grinned, so he was with his brothers old flame hmm. How interesting. He padded twords Dreamcloud and sat nearby. “We must speak later.” He whispered quietly before raising his head to look at Dawnstar once more.

——————

Venompaw flexed his claws, digging them into the ground and out again. He was on Dawnstar’s patrol. He was, angry but ready to take it out on the dogs.

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 07:22 AM
★𓊈𒆜ᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏ𒆜𓊉★

My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:

Gorsesong jolted as he heard his name be called. He didn't expect to be apart of this, but he didn't expect much, which was a bad sign in his own recollection. He padded over. "Don't remember the last time I fought a dog, so knowing how to fight 'em the right way is beyond me, but if I'm needed in that fight just give me a shout. Not fightin' a dog in awhile doesn't mean I haven't fought foxes or badgers recently, and they're just as big, they are." He hand't fought them, but he definitely remembered how big they were. They could all snap a cats body in half with those jaws of theirs.

"INFERIOR."
|| Character storage/finder ||
|| Interaction finder/tracker ||
|| Bump me whenever! ||
"Hate the character, not the user."
Old May 2nd, 2021, 07:46 AM
★𓊈𒆜ᴘꜱʏᴄʜᴏ𒆜𓊉★

@-Skyfall-

Nightfur glanced at Larkwing with fear in his eyes. He wanted to yowl and claw and scratch any cat that even looked like they were thinking about ripping his mate apart if she refused, but, with a glance at Dawnstar, he knew that'd make things worse. Ranting made things so much worse, and the only thing he wanted to fight right now were the dogs. They weren't his Clanmates, they didn't belong here. Larkwing did belong here, though. Every cat here belonged in ShadowClan, even himself. He had to stop the dumb arguments. He wasn't like this as an Apprentice, or the beginning of being a Warrior. Now that he was one, he could just talk bad about the cats becoming Warriors? Maybe Badgerpaw was right; he was a kit. Mentally a kit. A dumb kit that has no reason to be a Warrior yet. Or even an Apprentice.

He looked down at his paws and blinked his watered eyes away, flattening his ears to cover his shame. This was just like his childhood; he remembered his mother had given birth to a second litter of kittens, and he thought he could bully the smaller kits to show dominance and strength to his mother. Look mama, he could hear his dumb self even now. I killed Featherkit! Can I become an Apprentice now?

His mother was terrified. She scolded him so badly, even giving him a rake on his tail with how furious she was. He remembered how she grabbed Featherkit and she didn't move until her paws jerked and she gasped for air. Nightfur felt his whole body give. He didn't know back then, but he had genuinely almost killed his sister. He remembered standing over her and his paw was on her nose, so she couldn't breathe through her nose or her jaws. Nightfur bent down even further. NOw that they were all gone he couldn't even say he was sorry.

Featherfoot, watch out!

I'm fine, Nightfur, look, it's almost dead-

No, I mean the other badger!

What?

Then she was gone. He then felt a sliver of joy fill his body; he did quickly kill the other badger, his sister did the first badger's killing well, but after that day he remembered he began shying away from his Clan, arguing was the only way he'd gain any courage and confidence, he recognized, disgusted with himself.

He pulled himself together. If he wanted to be a proper Warrior, he needed to start acting like one.

(Sad Nightfur hours)

"INFERIOR."
|| Character storage/finder ||
|| Interaction finder/tracker ||
|| Bump me whenever! ||
"Hate the character, not the user."

Last edited by VexSkullz; May 2nd, 2021 at 07:48 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 08:53 AM
Champion All-Nighter

My Mood: Proud

Frostpaw
Frostpaw narrowed his eyes as he tried to follow who was going where and who was in charge. He heard his name in the mix and tried to remember who was leading that group. He thought it was Redshrike. Frostpaw didn't know the warrior, but he didn't really hang out with the warriors much anyways.

His ears flicked up again as he made out his name. Glancing around, he tried to pinpoint who was going the talking. As Dawnstar finished assigning cats to patrols, every cat was starting to talk at once. He made out a black tabby tom standing in the clearing, calling out names. Frostpaw trotted over, catching what the warrior's last words as he neared.

Sitting down with his tail curled over his paws, he announced, "I've never actually been on a battle training session, but I know some fighting moves. I have a couple worked out." He didn't have any experience with dogs and hadn't ever seen one, but Frostpaw was confident that he could take one on.
@Rani

Embershadow
Embershadow nodded, a little worm of worry creeping into him. He would be in Dawnstars' patrol. He wondered if she had done that on purpose to keep an eye on him. He bristled. Had someone ratted him out? That annoying kit by the warriors den, probably. He tried to relax himself. If Dawnstar knew, she would hardly give him a task like this. Usually, she would try and humiliate him in front of the whole Clan. This could be a coincidence. He padded over to her at the foot of the ShadowLedge and sat down.

Last edited by MooingPanda; May 2nd, 2021 at 09:01 AM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 09:36 AM
ß|ł

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Fierceclaw~ View Post
~Smokepaw~
Rage was boiling up inside Smokepaw when Dawnstar talked to Moonpaw like that but he kept quiet. He listened as Dawnstar assigned the patrols and nodded as he was assigned to Dreamcloud's group.

~Whitepaw~
Whitepaw nodded and looked around for the other runners so they could discuss. She would be up for any postion. She would prove that she was loyal to Shadowclan.
@Quickpaw @cunning @Slushie

~Dapplecloud~
Dapplecloud nodded, a smile on her face. She wished that she was in Dawnstar's group but she would at least be fighting. As Frogfang's name was called, Dapplecloud looked around for her mate. She wanted to talk to him one last time in case he got badly injured and he headed to the Dark Forest.
Skyleap looked around for the other runners. She spotted one of them- Whitepaw- and padded over to her.

Please bump me after twenty-four hours.
Ask My Cats!
Shop!
My Cats' Information!
Please check out this awesome Warriors role-playing website!