Closed Thread

Old December 18th, 2023, 11:08 PM
What matters is ‘you’

Bump Policy: 2 days minimum
My Mood: Twisted

Default Re: RiverClan Floodstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarice. View Post
Shellkit watched everything, wide turquoise-blue eyes filled with confusion. What the flipppp?
Wavekit flopped nearby Shellkit, watching all the juicy drama unfold.
Old December 18th, 2023, 11:09 PM
wco's local arsonist

Bump Policy: 12 - 24 hours, cus probs forgot about it
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

*-Lark'star'-*
She/her | 19 moons | Mind Reader - PERM ACTIVE
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

There's so many voices, but Lark is getting good at blocking most of them out by now. Otterspash is threatening her again (what else is new?), but Birdsnow steps in to defend her, and a swelling of gratitude floods the leader's chest at this gesture. Among the noise, Honeykit speaks up, blaming himself over and over and it's all Lark can do to not rush over - Wingkit probably wouldn't let her close anyway, and she'd deserve it. The next thing to catch her attention is the voice that's been silent all along - Rushwater.

As soon as he starts speaking, Lark snaps her head around, ears perked and facing in his direction, her focus solely on him as he explains what had happened. His explanation had made sense, and, honestly, it sounded exhausting for everyone involved so she couldn't really fault him for not seeking her out sooner.

"You're not the only one who lost a brother that day," he says and that causes Lark pause because... what? What was he implying? Thoughts and scenarios flew around in her mind, one idea quickly getting replaced by the next until she was left with what was undoubtedly the truth. Rushwater is her brother.

The thought doesn't seem to fit right, doesn't slot neatly into her brain where it should because if he was family she would know. She was certain she would know. No... no she doesn't believe that part, everything else she believes and, despite not being able to detect any lie in his words, she will not believe him. Not yet. Not until- she's not sure, but she doesn't believe it.

She can't dwell on that for too long, however, because her attention is needed elsewhere immediately. Ottersplash, the vile, slippery, conniving imbecile just has to say something again, this time a blatant challenge, calling her legitimacy as a leader a lie, striking her insecurities about what a poor job she'd been doing in this position and Lark has had it. She shoves herself in front of the cat, pushing past Birdsnow and barring her teeth at the creature that stands in front of her now, spitting nothing but filth.

"Take the kits out of here," she calls to the elders and younger apprentices with no training - they do not need to see this. "Ottersplash," she spits the name out like it's poison, like if she doesn't say it with as much malice as she can muster the world will crumble beneath her feet, "I'm going to give you one chance to leave here with your life. Go. Now. Or, so help me, StarClan, I will tear you apart." Silky soft and hostile voice, low, and yet carrying around the gathered cats. She's sick and tired of the disrespect. If she needs to act like Dawnstar or, even worse, Bumblestar, to get some of these cats to take her seriously, then that's what she'll do.

[ Lark will attack in the next post if Ottersplash doesn't accept exile ]

Ottersplash raised her head, tears running down her face.. She knew that what she was getting was what she deserved. She looked around the clan. "I- I'm sorry to ... Everyone for. . for the damages I have caused . . Whether you accept it or not . . It's not my business knowing that . . I- I guess may StarClan light your paths . . Cus they certainly won't be lighting mine. ." and with that, she turned and walked out of camp, her tail dragging and her head hung. She turned a corner, never to be seen again.

[Otter will now leave RiverClan entirely]

Duststar is the current leader of DesertClan! She has a semi-open den policy!

Rose stopped by to brush away all the dustbunnies!

"Yeet or get yeeted. -Sun Tzu probably

Last edited by Snowyfeathr; December 18th, 2023 at 11:12 PM.
Old December 18th, 2023, 11:29 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

IvoryNight nodded, watching the cat leave. He knew that LarkStar had made the right decision. This cat would only cause problems for the clan, and starclan knows they'd had enough of those.
Old December 19th, 2023, 01:07 AM
on hiatus

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Fine

Lionpaw - 100/100
RC | App | He/Him | 9m
Silver Tongue | Go With The Flow
Lionpaw sat there with a mixed expression of shock and amusement... though mostly the latter. It was foolish of him to think that this meeting would be unlike the others. There was always some sort of drama happening in the clans. Not that he minded...

It could get so boring so quickly, especially when he had no respectable mentor to fill his days with training... or friends to spend time with. So, Lionpaw would take any distraction that came his way. Anything that would make the day stand out against the dreadfully boring rest.

As Ottersplash left the camp in tears, Lionpaw smiled. He made no attempt to hide it either. Hell, he might've laughed if he thought it wouldn't have gotten him into trouble. Though maybe it wouldn't have. It wasn't like Ottersplash deserved to have an honorable exit. Not after all the trouble she got RiverClan into.

That's what Larkstar had said, hadn't she? That it was Ottersplash who poisoned ThunderClan and gotten them into this mess? Everything was going by a bit too fast for him to latch onto to what was being said. His focus pulled from one voice to the next in the fray of bickering and promised threats among his clanmates; too gleefully distracted to pay proper attention.

Well, it didn't matter now he guessed. With Ottersplash officially exiled the clan would fall back into boring, silent calm again, and Larkstar would continue the meeting with something equally as boring to wrap it up. And then after that, Lionpaw would go back to begging his mentors to train him only for them to ignore him, and eventually be replaced, time and time again...

(Gosh what'd I miss?)

"If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post~"

Last edited by Tecumori; December 19th, 2023 at 03:37 AM.
Old December 19th, 2023, 01:32 AM
*rattles cage* LEMME OUT

Bump Policy: once every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Fishpaw

Go With the Flow | Silver Tongue [Perm]

Noise

So much noise.

An incessant amount of noise.

That’s all Fishpaw could think as he listened to the arguing and bickering, and yelling about who’s wrong or who’s right. He didn’t care he wanted them all to be quiet so that he could get back into the den and take a nap or something. Why was it that this stars-forsaken clan couldn’t have a single normal meeting? Even before he got swept away by the river, things hadn’t exactly been what one would call “normal”. There was that weirdo that one time… Okay, he was getting distracted.

Eyes narrowed, he trembled under the effort of trying to keep his composure. They just kept going. “Kits this”, “kits that” well to him to hell with the kits! Why did they choose to argue over something that was already dealt with? And then the fact that they were bringing up Featherbrain who was dead. He was a useless and disgusting excuse for a medicine cat who neglected his duties and left it all on his apprentice before getting caught stealing herbs from another clan and subsequently killed for it.

JUST SHUT UP!

Fishpaw wordlessly left his mentor behind and approached the rock that had become known as the “Floodstone”. He still thought the name was in poor taste, especially considering the flood that the clan had not long ago experienced. He had half a mind to strangle those who decided it was a good idea but chose not to. At least for now – it’d be too much effort.

Unsheathing his claws, he began to scramble up onto the rock, struggling to maneuver himself upon it with his shorter limbs. He hadn’t been particularly close to his mother, and his father died long before his birth, but he couldn’t help but silently curse them for leaving him with the short end of the metaphorical height stick. Were his siblings any taller? He hadn’t seen any of them since just after he was apprenticed, were any of them still alive?

After finally reaching the position that Larkwing had previously occupied, he looked down on the chaos of his clan with labored breaths. Growing up, he thought that RiverClan would be the best clan of the four, but based on this current mess happening below him and their very weakly held-together ties, he took it back. Presently, they were little more than a loose band of loners calling themselves a clan. Without a doubt, RiverClan was the worst clan.

He’d be damned before he allowed things to continue down this path. This was his home. One does not watch their home burn down, they throw water on it to put the flames out.

The small tom stood up as tall as he could from his new position. Is this what he’d look at should he ever become a leader? Of course, becoming the leader of whatever the hell this… mess was was not something he wanted. Someone else would have to get them together before passing it on to him, otherwise he’d refuse. Too much work for too little return.

”OI YOU LOT! SHUT THE HELL UP!!”

He shouted down to his “clanmates”, demanding their attention. Just as he said this, he noticed that Problemface (Otter-something?) was making her way out of the camp. Good riddance.

”Today was supposed to be a special day for many cats,” He snarled at the gathered RiverClanners, very displeased with the display of behavior he just witnessed. ”We have clanmates who received name changes, as well as those who were reassigned.” He swept his light green gaze over the crowd beneath him, a feeling of disgust and repulsion rising within his throat. If he could, he’d have spat on all of them. A useless bunch of idiots they were.

”And then there were some kits who were about to be apprenticed and a warrior ceremony.” Of course, he didn’t mention that the warrior ceremony was more than likely his own, but he was still very mad about that fact nonetheless. ”Should’ve just killed the damn nuisance and gotten on with it. Oh or better yet? IGNORED HER FOR STARS SAKE!”

He was angry. Very extremely angry. ”Look at all of you! Down there acting less like a clan and more like mere rogues.” The spotted tabby growled ”Is this what you all want to be? Because the RiverClan I grew up with was nothing like this. Look at poor Larkwi-star down there trying her best to hold us all together, and how do y’all repay her? You argue. You bicker. You interrupt meetings. You try to kill her. You argue some more. Honestly, I could sit here all day listing all the reasons why the clan I know and love has become pathetic. But I won’t.”

Doing one last sweep of the clan with his eyes, he shook his head with disgust. ”One normal meeting. Is that so much to ask for?” he then fixed his eyes on Wingkit, the cause of the whole interaction, face forming into a sneer. ”Queens. Keep your kits under control. Larkstar works too damn hard to be dealing with unruly kittens causing disruptions or sneaking out of camp – seriously, how in the name of StarClan do all of you even let that happen!? You know what, I don’t even want to know. Let’s get this meeting finished.” He grumbled, putting a paw to his head in disbelief.

And with that said, he promptly sat his butt down. ”Kill the next cat to speak out against our leader. I trust you have no issues with that Larkstar.” he said, turning his gaze to his leader. More of a statement than a question, as he didn't particularly care about her opinion on the matter. He was pissed off and would not be allowing any more disturbances. Additionally, he wouldn’t move -- not until she came back to take her spot. Part of that is also because he didn’t want to get immediately mobbed by a bunch of dumbasses. He was right, as always, but with that comes cats who hate him for not being wrong. Ugh, this was gross, he can't believe he not only called Larkleader by her proper name but also complimented her at least twice. Ew.

[Hehe I got clan mention perms]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here

Last edited by Dark; December 19th, 2023 at 02:30 AM.
Old December 19th, 2023, 01:50 AM
pfp by chickadee

Bump Policy: 12 hours / 2 hours time sensitive
My Mood: Sneaky

Winterpaw
(Image by Pangoligon)

- @Dark | fishy -

Ottersplash was leaving fo- AH! He jumped and turned to face the yeller and found it was Fishpaw. He was on the special Floodstone, how dare he! That was for leaders and deputies only!
"FISHPAW!" he yelled right up at the offending cat, who was 16 moons, an age where cats would know not to stand up there, "YOU'RE MAKING MORE NOISE THAN THE REST OF US, YELLING FOR US TO STOP! WHO ARE YOU!? LARKSTAR?!"
He hissed and walked closer. Maybe this would be his chance to prove he's not weak because he's strong, he could beat up a mean guy!
Only... to impress his mentor.
That guy's scary.

Last edited by hermeswind; December 19th, 2023 at 11:00 AM.
Old December 19th, 2023, 02:07 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Wingkit
He/him | 5 moons | No purrks
As he's hunched over his brother, doing his best to be a shield against the meeting, Wingkit hears paw steps coming their way. An unfamiliar smell, and blue-green eyes locked onto a tail that he doesn't recognize. In an instant he parted his jaws and lunged to sink his tiny teeth into the tail, aiming to bite down as hard as he could as a way to tell whoever it was to getawaynow. He didn't want anyone's comfort. He didn't want soft words and gentle voices. What he really, truly wanted in this moment... was his dad.

Ears flatten against his skull as he glared all around him, suddenly feeling unsafe and needing to get him and his brother out of here. These... These weren't his Clanmates anymore. The yelling, the fighting, the - a sharp voice from atop the stone has Wing snapping his head to stare at the small cat. He didn't recognize him, but they way he's talking has the kit silent. Lots of words that went too fast that he didn't quite understand, until the icy glare is turned on him.

Feeling trapped, Wingkit only blinked as the stare sliced into him, reminiscent of the way the bigger cat from ShadowClan had smacked their paw into his chest. It left him breathless and with a dull ache that sprang tears to his eyes. But he didn't let them fall, not even as the cat snarled for the queens to keep an eye on the kits. Words of anger bubbled in his throat - he didn't even know who his mother was! - but they quickly petered out amongst the other chaotic emotions that came together in violent clashes in his chest.

He wanted out. He wanted to run. Flee. Hide to where no one could find him. Frantic eyes darted to his brother as he tried to keep his steel mask up, not wanting it to break. He didn't want to cry, not here. Not in front of all these Cla - strangers. Not in front of his brother, who needed him to be the rock. Strong and sturdy, he had to be strong and sturdy and not let the cracks show.

Swallowing his fear the young tom cast a sharp glare up towards the cat on his aunt's stone before he got to his paws and gave his brother a gentle nudge. "I'm going backs into the nest," he muttered just for those closest to hear, the quiver of his tiny whiskers the only sign of how close he was to breaking. He cast a small glance to Pristy. "You can stay outs here, if you want. I don't wants to be somewhere I'm nots wanted." His gaze dropped to his brother and he gave another grunt. "Come on." With that he aimed to help his brother up (if he would let him) and turn to start heading back towards the nursery, each movement stiff.

[ @Dark - yay character development! @MangofDoom @clarice. @Rose - since he's still next to pristy and this all moved very fast sldkfjs ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old December 19th, 2023, 02:51 AM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyGalaxy View Post

High Rank Announcement [#hrannouncement]

*-Lark'star'-*
She/her | 19 moons | Mind Reader - PERM ACTIVE
A sleek dilute tortie she-cat with green eyes

There's so many voices, but Lark is getting good at blocking most of them out by now. Otterspash is threatening her again (what else is new?), but Birdsnow steps in to defend her, and a swelling of gratitude floods the leader's chest at this gesture. Among the noise, Honeykit speaks up, blaming himself over and over and it's all Lark can do to not rush over - Wingkit probably wouldn't let her close anyway, and she'd deserve it. The next thing to catch her attention is the voice that's been silent all along - Rushwater.

As soon as he starts speaking, Lark snaps her head around, ears perked and facing in his direction, her focus solely on him as he explains what had happened. His explanation had made sense, and, honestly, it sounded exhausting for everyone involved so she couldn't really fault him for not seeking her out sooner.

"You're not the only one who lost a brother that day," he says and that causes Lark pause because... what? What was he implying? Thoughts and scenarios flew around in her mind, one idea quickly getting replaced by the next until she was left with what was undoubtedly the truth. Rushwater is her brother.

The thought doesn't seem to fit right, doesn't slot neatly into her brain where it should because if he was family she would know. She was certain she would know. No... no she doesn't believe that part, everything else she believes and, despite not being able to detect any lie in his words, she will not believe him. Not yet. Not until- she's not sure, but she doesn't believe it.

She can't dwell on that for too long, however, because her attention is needed elsewhere immediately. Ottersplash, the vile, slippery, conniving imbecile just has to say something again, this time a blatant challenge, calling her legitimacy as a leader a lie, striking her insecurities about what a poor job she'd been doing in this position and Lark has had it. She shoves herself in front of the cat, pushing past Birdsnow and barring her teeth at the creature that stands in front of her now, spitting nothing but filth.

"Take the kits out of here," she calls to the elders and younger apprentices with no training - they do not need to see this. "Ottersplash," she spits the name out like it's poison, like if she doesn't say it with as much malice as she can muster the world will crumble beneath her feet, "I'm going to give you one chance to leave here with your life. Go. Now. Or, so help me, StarClan, I will tear you apart." Silky soft and hostile voice, low, and yet carrying around the gathered cats. She's sick and tired of the disrespect. If she needs to act like Dawnstar or, even worse, Bumblestar, to get some of these cats to take her seriously, then that's what she'll do.

[ Lark will attack in the next post if Ottersplash doesn't accept exile ]

Suddenly Treestripe's temper snapped. "YOU KNOW WHAT? EVERYONE JUST SHUT UP! RIGHT NOW! I AM DONE WITH THIS!" he suddenly yowled. Eaglecall let out a soft 'oh no' as he backed away, picking up Smolderkit and Frostpaw and continuing to back away. Charredpaw looked slightly angry.
"What he means to say, everyone, is that he would like to have some silence so he can focus on attempting to glare intimidatingly at Ottersplash- who I personally am scared by the sheer presence of anyway. As for the kit death, I already knew. I got the unnerving feeling that someone died while Eaglecall and Treestripe were taking me on a small walk." He growled, stepping in front of Treestripe protectively.

Last edited by Goopysharkboi; December 19th, 2023 at 03:38 AM.
Old December 19th, 2023, 03:31 AM
Candace Flynn

Status: I've been PnF obsessed for the past two years and I have a feeling it'll be another year yet.
Bump Policy: Whenever needed :)
My Mood: Adorable

Amberwing sat there, expression intentionally unreadable. She'd love to agree with Fishpaw on any part of this, but she'd never known a time period where Riverclan was much in control of frankly anything. Whatever false nostalgia he was banking off of might work for even older cats, but she personally knew how mismanaged Riverclan had been her whole life.

This was combined with the feeling that Fishpaw probably wanted her dead, something that struck her as odd. She figured he probably wanted everyone dead, all the filth cut out of Riverclan. That was usually the consensus of everyone who interrupted like this, albeit simplified and they were also usually the ones being exiled. But literally all she'd done was mindlessly serve the clan, even at it's worst. The only mark she'd left on its history thus far was naming the Floodstone, and even then that was just her suggestion, so no one would forget how tragic it was. She had the feeling people already had.

But she wasn't a mind reader, and she also knew far better than to rock the ship. She just knew to gather each piece of information and keep it safe for if need be. Ottersplash poisoned Thunderclan and was exiled. A kit snuck out of camp and almost died. Someone else died, along with the medicine cat. It was all death, all the way down. She was far from unaccustomed to it.

So she sat and watched. And quite frankly, out of every leader they'd had, she trusted Larkstar. She wasn't leaving when the going got rough or running off to go die and leave more and more turmoil. So she trusted Larkstar knew what she was doing. Still, her eyes watched, far more hungrily than usual. This was new and fascinating and something. She might have to talk to Fishpaw afterwards, if he wasn't punished. Ask him where he got these ideas of Riverclan's greatness. If she wanted a working clan at this point, she would've left. But Starclan knows she was loyal, she wanted to spend her whole lonely life in Riverclan for a reason. So this was more than fine with her. A smile did quirk over her lips, one of mirth more than stress. The glory of Riverclan. Now that was a good one.
Somewhere. Something. Had brought me here. But what?

Last edited by Sklee; December 19th, 2023 at 03:38 AM.
Old December 19th, 2023, 03:32 AM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Ohh my gosh, so much drama! Mistypaw's head was about to burst from all the voices. So much yelling, so many voices talking over each other, instead of just letting the poor kits who were so excited for this day get their ceremonies! Misty imagined how she would have felt if this had happened on her special day - probably annoyed and sad. Justshutupallofyouandletlarkcontinue. Her thoughts were a whirlwind, and she made herself concentrate on the floodstone. Maybe if she waited long enough Larkstar would jump up there again and continue as usual..

But then - the wrong cat on the Floodstone? Fishkit.. oh, its paw now. Finally someone speaking facts! It was just so disrespectful to these cats about to get their ceremonies, and why argue with a mousebrain like Ottersplash?? He wasn't about to give in. When Fishpaw was done, there was one very loud voice arguing with him. Couldn't they just stop and accept facts for once? She thought this would be done after Fishpaw's speech.

"Winterpaw, what the hell?? Fishpaw is speaking facts, all of this shouting, all of this arguing, needs to stop now. He's doing the right thing, stepping up when no one else had the mind to! There's cats waiting for their ceremonies, they were excited for this day, maybe even nervous, and all of you mousebrains are destroying it! So maybe just shut up and allow Larkstar a chance to continue the meeting."

@Dark @coldwind

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Closed Thread