Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Smothered in its cradle...
by Rani
Last post by nyme
Today 01:06 AM
Blossom's character shop!
Last post by Bluest+r~
Today 01:03 AM
Icy Heartlands
by pidgeon
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 12:59 AM
ShadowClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by SuspiciousMindz
Today 12:49 AM
Animation Request paying...
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 12:48 AM

Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:00 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Re: Smothered in its cradle [CLANWIDE EVENT]

Ferretkit looked up at his dad and shook his head. "No dad." He meowed. "Are you hurt?"
@FadingWhispers
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:04 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Stars above, her clanmates were as skittish as rabbits. Some of them as stupid as the prey animals too, if their penchant for running out of camp when explicitly told not to was anything to go by. It seemed like Leechscar and Crowtooth had it under control though, yowling at the fools and ushering them back to camp with haste and the promise of demotions. Deadmoon was glad they did so, she wasn't quite sure how cats would react to her telling them off. Probably not well, if she had to guess. She was an old enough warrior that apprentices might listen to her, but she would imagine other warriors (a la Twigleg) might be willing to snark it out. Better just to stand here. And sort of....think. Try and come up with a way to slow the fire, if it did get close to the camp.

At first she had absolutely no clue, just sort of pondering what she knew stopped fire with a blank expression. Water, dirt, and apparently, if Crowtooth was anything to go by, rocks. They were sort of fresh out of those in camp, unfortunately. What they weren't short of was flammable things. Flammable dens, flammable grass, flammable cats. Stars above, cats would burn. SHE could burn. Now THAT was terrifying. THINK Deadmoon, don't be a buffoon! Rock ring. Rock ring? Dirt ring? Dirt ring! Maybe not close to the fire, that might not be fast enough, but around the camp? Perhaps. Perhaps!

I'm not sure it would help stop the fire, it might not be fast enough she began, voice a little hesitant. She was not used to helping with the whole 'ideas' thing. But we could dig a ring around camp, a bare stretch of dirt or something. So worst case scenario the camp would be protected. Mostly. I guess? They were going to be sending cats out to get the fire under control, but they should have enough warriors to dig a trench too. Right?

Oh stars above. Owlpaw had volunteered. Of all the cats Deadmoon wanted nowhere near the fire she was number one. She was too small, too brave, too likely to risk her life because that was all Owlpaw did, take risks. And, um, I'll go help throw dirt and stuff. If needed. she hastened to add. A swift, slightly panicky glance at Owlpaw. Snowy would probably volunteer too, of course he would. And Vinepaw. Deadmoon had been...sort of calm? Maybe calm? But now that Crowtooth was asking for volunteers.....she was actually not so calm. At least Leopardsong and the kits would be stuck in camp. It was something. Concern for herself, for her own slowness and the danger it posed? That was a secondary concern right now. @Moonraven @Rani @Blaaze
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:04 PM
Im fine

Bump Policy: 24 hours
My Mood: Dead

Lionscar smiled. "No,but don't worry about me I'm just glad your not hurt." he purred. @Splitmoon
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:07 PM
Little Snowflake

Bump Policy: PLEASE bump me after a week! I WILL FORGET!
My Mood: Busy

Freezekit
blind; gray fur that fades to brown going down; tabby stripes
He/him || 2 moons || Windclan
Mind Reader - Heightened Perception (smell)

---
Freezekit jerked awake at the alarmed calls of his clanmates. What? What was going on?? He scrambled out of his nest and stepped out of the nursery. The first impression of the clearing was loud. Loud, and crowded, which really confused him. He could feel the tension in the clearing, which just made him more curious."Hey-- Hey! What's going on?" he piped up, hoping somebody could hear him. He was still at the entrance of the nursery, not wanting to get lost in the hustling crowd. The sun beat down and-- What was that smell? He opened his mouth... It was an acrid scent that tasted really bad. He'd never smelled anything like it before, and he was glad that it was only a small whiff that was carried by the breeze. What is that..? Then he actually started to pay attention to why it was loud, what the warriors were saying. Fire. Even he wasn't dumb enough to not know what fire is. Then his ears caught another word-- prophecy. What?? Like a real prophecy? From actual Starclan?? Alright... This was officially the weirdest day of his life. Which wasn't saying much, but still. A fire! His fur bristled. In Windclan territory!? What are these morons doing just standing around?? He pricked his ears when he heard Twilightstar and Crowtooth speak again. Patrols to locate and snuff out the fire! He wanted to join. He could help! He wasn't helpless! He'd show dumb Whistlekit, and then she couldn't make fun of him again! Freezekit dashed out of the security of the nursery entrance, into the hustling clearing. Shouts and orders of the warriors rang in his ears as he ran, trying to follow the scent of the leader and deputy. He stumbled, tripping over a rock, and fell. He hastily struggled to his paws, when he realized-- The scents were too jumbled. He lost the trail. He stood frozen where he was, disoriented. I- I can find my way back... he thought. He raised his maw and opened it. The full force of the scents hit him, and he stumbled back a little. When-- a trace of the familiar scent of the nursery. He stumbled forward, following it, then stopped uncertainly. No, I can do it, he insisted. He concentrated, trying to find that thread of warmth, but he seemed to have lost it again, and he just stood there, trying to separate the mass of scents.

---

Open!

REPLIES WILL BE SLOWER ALL SCHOOL YEAR
My characters and me are separate beings. Whatever my characters say or do, it is not a reflection of how I feel.
Character Bios + Trackers +Pixelgif Shop
| WIP Character Website |
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:08 PM

Ferretkit purred and moved closer to his father, moving underneath his legs. "Where's mama?"
@FadingWhispers
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:32 PM
Im fine

"Right over there common Ferretkit." he mewed and flicked his tail to the rest of the family. @Splitmoon
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:37 PM

Ferretkit follows his father, his eyes looking around the clearing but then ran underneath his father.

@FadingWhispers
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:41 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Happy

Daffodilpaw nodded, determination hot in her eyes. She would do whatever she needed to do for her clan right now! Even if this clanmate…didn’t quite get her name right. But oh well, not a big deal right now. “Lead the way, Owlscreech!” She meowed. “I’ll be right behind ya! And I’m fast so we can run!” She added the bit about her speed given the urgency of the situation.

[ @Splitmoon - Owlscreech]

click my signature for my character bios!
Shop
Old September 23rd, 2024, 07:53 PM

Bump Policy: After 1 day
My Mood: Happy

Heathernose started to feel a headache coming on. How in the name of StarClan was she meant to manage herself and all of these kits and keep her sanity?? She breathed a side of relief when Lionscar returned with Ferretkit. The pale brown queen closed her eyes and took a deep breath before rising to her paws. Her pale green eyes narrowed slightly to show that she was being serious now. Heathernose (carefully) brought her black-toed paws down on Fernkit and Hawk-kit’s tails, pulling them back to the nest with a gentle force. Careful not to hurt them, but stern enough that they would (hopefully) get the message.

“That’s enough you two!” She meowed sternly, her voice hushed but the edge to her voice was serious. Huh. So this was her “mom voice”? “None of you are to leave this nest until told otherwise.” She sighed as she looked at her little kits. She didn’t want to add to their fear, but she needed them to listen for star’s sake! Her gaze softened a little. “There is something serious going on, so we need to do our part as proud WindClan cats. For little kits like you, that means to stay put.” As she ended her statement, her ears flattened against her head.

The queen looked up at Ferretkit, scooping him up quickly by the scruff and depositing him into the nest with his littermates. “Ferretkit, that goes for you too. Stay here.” She touched her nose to the heads of each of her kits, turning to Fallenkit and her mate. She gave Fallenkit’s ear an affectionate and apologetic lick. “I’m sorry, Fallenkit. The boys still need to learn their manners.” She sighed as she spoke, touching her muzzle to Lionscar’s. “Thank you for getting Ferretkit back. I think it’s best if we keep them here until we know more.” She turned her green eyes on Flamemane. “Please don’t let them get out of the nursery, Flamemane. You’re likely to be our last line of defense in that regard…” She chuckled softly as she spoke. They were certainly a pawful, no doubt there!

[ @FadingWhispers - Lionscar, Flamemane, Rabbitkit]
[ @ChromeSilver_Hwaa - Fernkit]
[ @Splitmoon - Ferretkit]
[ @Crown_Sage - Hawk-kit, Fallenkit]
[ @TheRedWyvern - Ashkit]

click my signature for my character bios!
Shop
Old September 23rd, 2024, 08:05 PM
Im fine

LIONACAR?FLAMEMANE
"Don't worry all the kits will be on their best behavior if you want to get a quick nap. Right little ones!" Lionscar mewed. "Don't worry I'll stand guard and make sure none of them scramble out." Flamemane mewed.

RabbitKit
"MOOOOOMMMMMYYYYYYY!" Rabbitkit yelled. @Luna16 @Splitmoon