by dino.
Last post by Splitmoon
Yesterday 11:13 PM

Old January 5th, 2024, 09:37 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

It was boggling, how this cat went out of her way to pester him.

Scorchedfang had to wonder, as he chewed on lizard leg, if she hit her head. "I am the very last cat you should be apologizing too, and I suggest you get your priorities in order." They did not interact at the meeting in question - she'd been dismissed by Lightningstorm. "Maybe start with our darling leader, since you denounced her intentions for our Clan."

Or anyone else who talked to her back then. He really did not care. "Is that all?"

[ @paris ]

wolfhivesedgeflaketc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old January 5th, 2024, 09:45 AM

Bump Policy: 30 Minutes to an Hour.
My Mood: Sick

WindClan Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
It was boggling, how this cat went out of her way to pester him.

Scorchedfang had to wonder, as he chewed on lizard leg, if she hit her head. "I am the very last cat you should be apologizing too, and I suggest you get your priorities in order." They did not interact at the meeting in question - she'd been dismissed by Lightningstorm. "Maybe start with our darling leader, since you denounced her intentions for our Clan."

Or anyone else who talked to her back then. He really did not care. "Is that all?"

[ @paris ]

Gingersplash
WindClan Warrior

Gingersplash had to sink into her pads to keep herself from digging her claws into the ground. If she did, Scorchedfang might take it as a trigger.

Deciding she wouldn't let the tom's harsh words get to her, Gingersplash shot a coldly polite retort at him.

''I'll apologize to Twilightstar when you apologize to Willowbrook.''

Last edited by paedyn; January 5th, 2024 at 09:45 AM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 09:48 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

A scoff. "And there we go, your true intentions. This conversation is over, toadstool - go back to consorting with traitors."

And that was that. Scorchedfang finished his lizard and left, disinterested in engaging with this moron further. Any further attempts of interacting would be ignored.

[ @paris ]

wolfhivesedgeflaketc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules
Old January 5th, 2024, 10:00 AM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Fine

Scalescar flicked his tail as he understood cowtuft, his tail waving in goodbye as cowtuft left, the heaviness of losing the best medicine cat was harder then he had ever thought.
Old January 5th, 2024, 12:46 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Deadmoon wasn't sure what exactly she had expected when she had thrown out her offer, but it hadn't included Snowybreeze. Surely he would be feeling all kinds of emotions, with the revelation that Cowtuft had a paw, if an inadvertent one, in his beloved's demise. Which she still hadn't talked with him about. Not that he needed her to hold his paw, he was a fully grown warrior. But....she should have. As a former mentor, as a friend. Which she was really bad at being, though that wasn't a new fact to anyone. Never there when needed, incapable of an emotions conversation. Classic.

So yeah, why exactly Snowybreeze wanted to consort with her, even if on a purely professional matter of herb patrols, was bit of a mystery. She wouldn't attempt to deny him, of course. As far as Deadmoon was concerned, whatever was within her power to grant, Snowy would be given. That didn't encompass a lot, but it did include their strange, unofficial patrol with no clear directions. Well, not NO clear directions. There was one general rule Deadmoon had picked up over many moons of herb patrols, and that was 'Pick yellow flowers'. There was marigold, the one thing she actually knew how to use along with cobwebs, from a training Cowtuft had done a while ago. There were the yellow drooping flowers she had collected just recently, and there were the things Lightningstorm referred to as sunfuzzies. Surely if they just found yellow flowers they'd get something useful?

Of course, Deadmoon had now fallen into her typical trap of lots of thinking and not a lot of talking when there were words to be said. She addressed Starrypaw first. A pretty young apprentice as far as she could tell, not that that would matter this time around. Thank you Starrypaw. Lackin in manners as she sometimes was, it was probably right to thank the younger cats. No one could blame them for being a bit overwhelmed by the whole business, but they were volunteering for extra work while most of the warriors retreated to their nests. Perhaps it was youthful naivety, perhaps a greater enthusiasm for life, who knew. Not her. I'm Deadmoon. And she turned now to Snowybreeze I would be honored if you'd help me keep an eye on these two rapscallions.

Ah, here she went again. Attempting levity at a time like this was practically a habit, and one she should very much try to kick. A winter resolution or something. It was rather too late to prevent Starrypaw and Birdpaw from thinking she was an absolute nutter, but so be it. Neither was her apprentice (not that Snowy being her apprentice had ever protected him from her inappropriately timed comments) so it didn't really matter, did it? Totally. Acknowledging Birdpaw with a dip of her head rather than words as she had Snowy and Starrypaw, Deadmoon realized she now had to set out their plan of action. Oh dear. Trying to be responsible and intelligent was not her forte.

Most of the herbs I've been sent to collect have been yellow flowers, so we're going to, um, look for those. she explained, before realizing 'yellow flowers' was probably a bit TOO general. There was a spot in the Outskirts where we found....some yellow flower they had wanted if felt a bit wrong to say 'Cowtuft had wanted' somehow, when he was crying not three foxlengths away from them. She felt for him, but if he had really brought poison into the clan there wasn't much else to be done. so I was thinking we could head there. It's just over the border, so it should be safe.

On the way we can also look for sunfuzzies, which are bright yellow and puffy, and have this weird bitter juice in their stems. that was why they had stuck in her mind, the nasty taste when she had started picking them had surely been something. If we see any marigold, which is also a bit puffy but more yellowy orange and with featherier leaves we can also bring that back. Deadmoon knew what the plants looked like, if not what they did. It was something, and Snowybreeze probably also had some knowledge from previous patrols that she would certainly accept. The descriptions had been primarily for the benefit of the apprentices. With their course stated, all Deadmoon felt the need to do was put a bit of enthusiasm into her mew of Ready to go? before making for the entrance before anyone could actually answer, like the annoyance she was.
@Supersabre @Alchemist Kitsune @Katiethewolfchild
Old January 5th, 2024, 01:13 PM

Status: I'm a sad zombie cause Muskratpaw was marked missing even though she shouldn't be missing.
Bump Policy: After 24 hours.
My Mood: Dead

Birdpaw followed Deadmoon out of camp. @gs29513 @Alchemist Kitsune @Supersabre
My posts are always open unless I say otherwise. VM me if you would like to set up a roleplay with one of my characters or even if you just want to talk. If you have a character that knows one of my characters somehow you're welcome to make a starter and mention me whenever you want to roleplay them together. I often end up editing my applications, especially if I'm not using a form so don't consider my first draft to be final as it likely isn't, especially if it's a kit finder. If one of my characters says, thinks, or does something you don't like please don't get angry at me since I'm just trying to roleplay their personalities.
Old January 5th, 2024, 03:56 PM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Firestorm

Ultimate Predator: Inactive

Firestorm listened to her leader’s words, holding her breath (which didn’t help the headache nor the sense of nausea). So Twilightstar was just going out with Lightningstorm…? That wasn’t fair! She couldn’t just be stuck here behind while Spots went out to permanently say goodbye to her brother! Twilightstar understandably, didn’t seem to be in the best of moods. Perhaps if she asked nicely, she’d be allowed to join?

Seeing all of the cats head over to Cowtuft to say their goodbyes, she reluctantly turned away from them and focused her attention of the leader. If she was given permission to leave with them, she’d get another chance to speak to him anyways, so it’d work out.

Tentatively the larger she-cat, she flattened her ears against her skull and struggled to meet her eye. ”Twilightstar-” she cringed at how pathetic she sounded, her voice coming out as little more than a hoarse squeak. Attempting to stand up a bit taller, to seem like she had her usual confidence, she raised her voice a little more. ”Cowtuft… he’s like a brother to me. I’d really a-appreciate it if I were allowed to come with y-you and Spots,” She said, hesitating a moment as she briefly cast her eyes to the medicine cat and back before adding ”I also… I want to talk to Lightningstorm while we’re out there. I have s-something really important to tell her.” She hoped that was good enough. She had tried her best to keep the tremor out of her voice and stress how important this moment was to her, but at the end of the day she still had to have permission unless she wanted to draw Twilighstar’s ire.

Shutting her eyes tightly she prayed to all the stars above that she got a yes. She had to go with them, she didn’t know what would happen if she got a no.

[ @Moonraven I’m going to be honest, I haven’t yet read the Cowtfuft post. Just wanted to get this out before you posted next/before I got trapped at work or hit with some more writer’s block]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old January 5th, 2024, 04:18 PM
I like birds and graves

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Lurking

Swiftkit observed the snow falling. Wow... I wonder what it tastes like. He grabbed some falling snowflakes in his mouth. "It tastes like cold... And crunchy, but what about this white stuff?" The kitten rolled some of the surrounding snow into a ball, and took a bite out of it. Ow... my head hurts... But... "Worth it for sure."

(open for someone to see a baby eat snow)

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old January 5th, 2024, 05:37 PM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenzzGlow View Post
Swiftkit observed the snow falling. Wow... I wonder what it tastes like. He grabbed some falling snowflakes in his mouth. "It tastes like cold... And crunchy, but what about this white stuff?" The kitten rolled some of the surrounding snow into a ball, and took a bite out of it. Ow... my head hurts... But... "Worth it for sure."

(open for someone to see a baby eat snow)

DuskPaw
DuskKit

7.5 Moons | She/Her | Heterosexual

WindClan Apprentice

DuskPaw looked at the kit, giggling.

'Taste good?'

She smiled, rolling a snow-ball up and taking a bite.

Last edited by Ladiebugg; January 5th, 2024 at 05:37 PM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 07:25 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime At All (n○t if you JUST posted, wait 5/10 minutes!)
My Mood: Lurking

Lynxtalon

lynxtalon sat around