Last post by gs29513
Today 07:58 PM
Closed Thread

Old March 18th, 2021, 05:14 PM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Tired

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Heronflight felt her old anxiety from way before come back to her as she padded over to the leaders den. She didn't care if Lionstorm knew she had an idea to help out her clanmates become one. No she wasn't trying to get a high rank. This was just her wanting to be useful to her clan. Everyone was more qualified than her. After what she had done she didn't deserve it. The black and white molly looked at the former leader. She kept her head up high to show her new confidence. She wasn't really the same than before. It was like she was a whole new cat. Like her previous life never existed.

"Hello Lionstorm. It's great to see you again. I know I'm the last cat you want to see, but I've been around helping Riverclan. Sootstar knew about me. He let me in since I gave him one of his lives. A life for a life as he said.", she meowed. Heronflight felt her anxiety leave. She was never going to go back to the cat she used to be. She had been selfish before for hurting her friends. She regretted everything. Starclan believed she changed which was why they allowed her to come back.To redo what she had done.

Heronflight fought with herself inside about the words she was going to say. "I didn't come up here for a reunion. I came here to offer some help. Ever since I've been back I've dedicated myself to my clan. Our clanmates need faith that everything will be alright. What I was thinking was maybe cats could really go out and do some hunting and possibly have a feast of some sort. A little get together to try and keep us together.", She meowed. Her good eye focused on Lionstorm.

// @BILL.; \\

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old March 18th, 2021, 06:43 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@BILL.

Blizzardsky padded confidently into the leader’s den, he just knew he was going to become clan leader,” I can run another kit swimming lesson since I’m the best swimmer in the clan. I’d like to bring a few extra warriors as it’s hard for one warrior, despite being the best warrior ever, to keep an eye on all the kits. I’d also need permission to take the kits out of camp for the swim lesson. I can also assist in doing warrior assessments for apprentice’s ready to become warriors, and I’m happy to help with those wishing to join the clan, I think I’m good at knowing if someone cat be trusted or not. I’m also willing to lead patrols, or I can take over some deputy duties such as assigning patrols. And I’d like to resume what Berryscorch started, I’d like to resume pain tolerance training with some of the elite warriors in the clan.” he meowed before whispering,” don’t worry, I already have my acceptance speech prepared” he whispered as he genuinely believed he’d be chosen as clan leader.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here

Last edited by Mango; March 18th, 2021 at 06:44 PM.
Old March 23rd, 2021, 07:59 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

"Yeah," Lionstorm lashed his tail irritably. "This isn't the first time she's been .. weird, but what the hell. This goes beyond incompetence-- it's a complete derelection of duty and responsibility." It pissed him off! To no end! He was ashamed to call her a Clan-mate, let alone a warrior.

GRRR - fine. Lionstorm really wanted to demote her, but.. he recognized a good idea when he saw one. Forcing his fur to lie flat, he relented slightly. "Okay, we'll give her a verbal warning this time.. but." Lionstorm cleared his throat. "I'm tired of having adult cats as apprentices, if she doesn't approve she'll be demoted and have to go through behavioral training. She has one moon of that to show improvement before her status as a Clan-mate is reconsidered." It seemed fair-- if she wasn't willing to fix herself, and she wasn't willing to listen to others and learn from them, then she had no place in the Clan. He was tired of blatant idiots playing warrior.

[ @Rani ]

[ ALL POST-MEEITNG RPS WILL BE RESPONDED TO SOON. ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old March 24th, 2021, 11:18 AM
chirps

[THIS TAKES PLACE PRE-MEETING]

It seemed like his day was filled with either being in the territory or in this den, and frankly Kestrelwing just wanted a moment to rest his paws. From being an outsider of the Clan to recruiting actual outsiders to join - who was he turning into? He hated it, and longed for the days where he could just skate by.

No, he didn't. As much as he might complain, his love for his home would always out weight any animosity he felt towards warrior duties - however tedious.

"Lionstorm," he called from the entrance, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the dimly lit cavern before proceeding. The warrior beckoned with his tail for Vimi to follow him. "I found her out near Cattail Pond, and she wishes to join us. I believe..." Kestrelwing started, taking a moment to glance over at her before looking back at the golden tabby before him, "...I believe that with the right mentor and training, she could become useful to us as another set of paws."

// @BILL. @Snook
Old March 31st, 2021, 05:45 PM
chirps

[eeee don't wanna double post but the predator patrol report is due today so just wanna post this ^^]

With the last day or two weighing heavy on him, Kestrelwing almost didn't want to go seek out Lionstorm. He had just been released from the medicine den, though was confined to "light duty", whatever that meant. Aside from his mental state he felt fine - actually, better than fine with a rest under his paws. And this couldn't be put off any longer.

"Lionstorm...?" His voice was softer than usual. Gone was the typical grumpy front he had with most if not all of his Clanmates. In its place were yellow eyes round with concern and caution. He was careful to not let his own memories of his mothers death flood his mind - that would certainly dash any attempt at consoling Lionstorm. "I, uh... wanted to report that we managed to drive out the pack of coyotes - there were five of them that we came across, and they had a den. Some were killed, and the rest were too injured to be a threat and were chased off."

For a moment he fell silent, knowing that one had managed to escape. Kestrelwing finally let out a small growl, anger at himself seeping through. "But one... managed to escape. Or wasn't there to begin with. It breached camp, and..." he couldn't finish. The lump in his throat wouldn't allow him to. "...I managed to make it back in time and finish it off with Lotusheart, Gingerfrost, and Deerwing before it did too much more damage..." What else was there to say.

"I'm... so sorry. I should've caught the scent as we headed out. I should've ask for a warrior to stay guarding the outskirts of the camp. I... You were the only cat to be there for me when my mother was killed and... I know I'm not the most optimistic in the Clan, or the nicest, but I promise Lionstorm. No coyote will ever harm any RiverClan cat again. I..." His voice felt hoarse despite not yelling. Kestrelwing felt his chest tighten as his own memories threatened to spill over. He wasn't good at this.

// @BILL.

Last edited by spade; March 31st, 2021 at 05:53 PM.
Old April 4th, 2021, 03:20 AM
work is never done

Default Re: RiverClan Leader's Den [4 posts]

[sorry for the delay on some of this ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizerel View Post
clipped
Once the meeting had wrapped up, Lionstorm dipped into the den for a breather-- and to give cats a chance to visit him with ideas. It was no surprise to him that Junipersong was the first to arrive, though he was entertained by her enthusiasm. "Collecting the duck's remains would be a good idea.. I don't know if Snakeheart can do anything about it, but perhaps even removing it from the area will protect the rest of the prey from whatever ailed it." It was an interesting thought, at least.

"Yes.. the Clan could use something to lift their spirits up. I've been musing on a fishing event for some time, but if you have further ideas feel free to share them with one of us." Fishing and swimming were common events, he was hoping to stir interest with other things. "If that's all, you're good to go. I appreciate the input." And then, "Why don't you snag someone and find that duck? I'm sure Snakeheart would like to check it out sooner than later."

[ I didn't respond to the coyote patrol part since it's kinda irrelevant now lol ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique View Post
clipped
"Willowrose." No, Lionstorm was not happy to see her. The anger he felt toward her for her previous actions hadn't softened with time. "I don't need the monologue, I am well aware you've been working for the Clan." Perhaps he was bitter, but he never took a perceived betrayal lightly. To him, she hadn't changed. Not when everything seemed fine, not when she didn't--

He could remember her skeletal form clear as day. He could never forget that.

So, the idea of a feast with that in mind was almost ironic. The starved to death cat coming alive to feast.. hmm. "The Clan does need a break, though it might be best to save a feast for a celebratory occasion." That did spark an idea though. "Perhaps it would be best to do a Clan social feast once the new leadership is selected. Give everyone a time to enjoy themselves and interact with the new authorities."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
clipped
Blizzardsky didn't know how to stop running his mouth. Lionstorm kind of wished he had some moss handy -- so he could stuff it in his yapper and shut him up. "Look, I don't mind if you want to drown the children or if you want to do the pain tolerance stuff, but we'll put a pin in the rest for now." Lionstorm didn't trust him with apprentices, definitely didn't trust him with letting cats join, and don't get him started on 'deputy duties.' Hard pass! "Why don't you find a couple of warriors to help you round up the kits and get things started?" His expression dropped when Blizzardsky whispered to him. "What are you accepting, a foot up your ass? Get out of my sight, sky-brains."

Quote:
Originally Posted by spade View Post
clipped
Ah, another outsider joining. Lionstorm was amused, actually, by this one in particular. "So you think she's Clan material, but still sought me out?" He thought it was cute-- and he appreciated Kestrelwing's faith in him. "Not a bad idea, honestly. I know some other warriors have been handling it but I can't help but be worried their judgement isn't.. completely there." He'd been fooled by cats in the past, and that was with experience. He didn't want others to fall victim the same way. "So outsider, what's your name? Tell me why you want to join our Clan." His gaze abruptly snapped to Vimi, wanting her to present herself to him.

[ @Snook ]
Old April 4th, 2021, 04:16 AM
work is never done

Following Everything, Lionstorm was exhausted. Whatever had possessed him by his father left him drained beyond belief, and once he made it into the leaders' den, he collapsed in the sand. He didn't have the energy to make it to the shredded nest, and at this point he didn't care where he was-- he just-- couldn't. Be out there right now.

(Where was Fawn? he wanted Fawn)

Sleep had claimed him unwantedly, and throughout his slumber Lionstorm was met with nightmares. The shade of his father confronting him, tearing him down, reminding him of his failures because that's all he was. a huge failure that let down his family and Clan. he had failed them.

He awoke in a cold sweat, panting as he dragged himself to his paws and staggered across the den. Fatigue weighed his bloody paws as he sunk against the den wall for support, wild eyes darting around the den on high alert. Kestrelwing's appearance did little to make him relax.

The report.

It took a moment for Lionstorm to snap out of his daze, trying to force himself to relax as he took in the news. it wasn't a surprise. another reflection of his failures. "Stop." His paw waved slightly, signalling Kestrelwing needed to reel it back a notch. "This isn't on you, Kestrelwing." how could it be. "The coyote.. was a mistake. I shouldn't have expected one patrol to scour the entire territory to ensure they were gone in a matter of moments. We.. should have had more guards in camp, the walls should've been reinforced.." The coyote hadn't just walked into camp, it had torn through the wall behind the nursery. "There's so much.. that could have been done to prevent this, but that is not on you."

He shook his head, averting his gaze. The choice of inaction had come with a terrible price, one Lionstorm had to live with. He didn't want Kestrelwing to see the return of the tears that dotted his eyes.

[ @spade ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old April 4th, 2021, 05:44 AM
Engine engine number nine

Bump Policy: 1 week unless time sensitive
My Mood: Tired

Heronflight didn't say much on the first thing. To her it was left in the air. She'd have plenty of time to prove to him and she would. Riverclan was her home and she would die many time over to protect it. That was what she hadn't realized before. The molly didn't want to take up much of his time as he probably didn't want to waste it on her.

"Splendid idea to wait for leadership roles. Never really thought about it that way.", she meowed the anxiety gone. She was back to being her new self. Not that depressed and lonely cat as before. She was different now. Completely different. She held her head up high and didn't let Lionstar bring her down. No body would do that ever again. "In the meantime I'm more than happy to do anything that would help the clan if you'll let me.", Heronflight meowed.
// @BILL.; \\

Marigoldleap is my main character and is currently an outsider if anybody wants to roleplay with her or has a small plot they need an extra cat for.

Old April 4th, 2021, 11:05 AM
chirps

Despite what Lionstorm was saying, the weight that Kestrelwing felt didn't leave. He wasn't sure what would alleviate it, if anything. Perhaps annihilating every single coyote in the forest... that might be a start. The scene of Firehawk splayed out by the nursery played over and over, intertwining with the memory of his mother laying in the same fashion. They mixed together in the young tom's mind until he couldn't distinguish one from the other. It was all just... pain.

Swallowing hard, Kestrelwing fought to keep his composure as he steadied his own shaking limbs. His mind felt foggy in some parts, trying to push back the memories. Refocusing his yellow gaze he set it on Lionstorm. "I can gather some warriors to reinforce the den walls. Make sure they're strong, stronger than before," he offered, knowing he was probably just going to do it anyways.

"And..." Kestrelwing hesitated. He and Lionstorm had only really had Clanmate-level interactions. While he admired the tom - one of the only few he did in the Clan - their relationship was never more surface level. And he wasn't necessarily good at this. But even with that doubt the gray tabby stepped forward, urging the golden tabby to look at him. If anyone knew what he was going through, it was Kestrelwing.

"If you... ever need to talk. Or to just get out of camp. I know you have Fawnsqueak... but if ever he's not available, I wouldn't mind a fishing friend." It felt weird, saying the word friend, but he hoped that Lionstorm would see that he only intended for the tom to not feel alone during this.

// @BILL.
Old April 5th, 2021, 07:58 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

It was exhausting. Everything was exhausting, he'd had to yell at some many cats latley and every single clanmate seemed to take the lack of leader or deputy as an opportunity to act out in a way that did not suit riverclan. The medicine cat didnt even have the energy to muster true anger and had just settled into blank annoyance as he padded up to deal with the huge list of issues that needed to be addressed with the older tom. Stars his voice was even rough and horse after all of that.
"Lionstorm are you here? I think everyone in the camp heard that yelling match so you might have an idea of what I want to talk to you about already. Dont worry though its worse! Stupidity has infected the clan completely and apparently its grouping around me! So its not just Barkfuzz theres an entire list of cats that we need to discuss the behaviour of.
Oh and if I collapse mid way through this conversation I as medicine cat deem it non critical and beg you to just let me sleep until the next moron to get injured appears."

Snakeheart was just so so tired.
@BILL.
Closed Thread