by Ian
Last post by Kaida
Today 07:06 PM

Old January 3rd, 2024, 07:11 PM
You're stuck with me

Bump Policy: After 48 hours
My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Just as things seemed to be calming down, with Cowtuft's fate decided if not accepted by all, the impromptu meeting took another turn towards chaos. Several warriors began yowling about hunting him down, and that was.....a little far for Deadmoon, honestly. Exile seemed like a fair enough punishment, but just that. Exile. Knowing the......softness of the medicine cat he might not survive long anyway on his own, although he could certainly surprise them all. She was well aware that she wasn't the toughest, and had still made it on her own for a few moons, though she'd avoided confrontations so hadn't had to fight. Which was good, because her fighting abilities......not great.

Although it seemed like they might be called into question, if things kept heading down the track they seemed to be. There were a few claws unsheathed, though generally in the dirt as far as she could tell, until they weren't. The flash of blood came from a most unlikely source, but today was a day of surprises as far as Deadmoon was aware. Twistedpaw was angrily defending Cowtuft, supported by Lichenpaw. She was sympathetic toward the two young she-cats, they clearly had good intentions, but they were fighting a losing battle. If the general mood was anything to go by, at least the more vocal cats in the clan were tilting towards death every second.

Twistedpaw, who Deadmoon didn't think she'd seen raise her voice ever, suddenly lashed out. At Wolffang, no less. Perhaps it wasn't a surprise, there had to be rage in there somewhere. Anyone born like them, and Twistedpaw was far more, well, twisted than she was, was bound to have it. Even if no one ever said anything (and let's be real, that was never going to happen) there was nothing like being just that bit slower or weaker at everything to make a cat angry. To resent their clanmates, and their perfectly formed limbs. Her anger had yet to manifest in violence, she'd never been angered as such before. The only thing perhaps comparable to what Twistedpaw was experiencing had been Breezefeather's death, and she hadn't witnessed it. Nor had she been brave enough to do anything. It had been their deputy's son who had done that. Deadmoon remembered that, if nothing else. The little gray kit, crushed beneath one massive paw.

Before her mind could get too far down that train of thinking, Twilightstar began speaking again. She told off the bloodthirsty and reaffirmed her decision (did anyone expect anything else?) after separating the little spat that had pulled Deadmoon half to her feet. She didn't think Twistedpaw was much of a threat to her brother, but then again, who knew. She would have expected a retaliatory cuff, a shove away, but that never came. It was over and being dealt with now though, Batglare acting as mediator. Wolffang could take care of himself, he didn't need, and probably wouldn't want, her interference.

The call came for final goodbye's, but Deadmoon didn't approach the medicine cat. Yes she had spoken regarding his fate, but she didn't have anything to say to him personally. She hadn't needed healing, and had no other reason to interact with him beyond herb patrols. Speaking of which.......this was something she could actually do. She could be useful right now. Twilightstar had, though it seemed largely unnoticed by the other warriors, said that it would be good if a few cats who recognized a few herbs went out looking for them. Deadmoon was no medicine cat, but she'd been looking for plants just a few days ago. She certainly remembered where she'd found the yellow dangly many-per-stem flowers, and there were probably some of those bright yellow ones, what had Lightningstorm called them? Sunflowers? Fuzzysuns? Sunfuzzies, that was it! still out and about. They were hardy enough, so perhaps she could find some of them. Yes, she could do that.

Of course, just her alone wouldn't do too much good. It was hard to carry herbs especially, seeing as you didn't want to damage their stems and such since sometimes that was the important part. So she probably needed a few cats to come with her. Or something. Probably. She doubted Lightningstorm would be in any state to send patrols out, having just lost her mentor, so she probably had to take matters into her own paws. Oh dear. No, no, she could do this. She was forty moons old stars damn it, she had led plenty of patrols. How different was it asking for volunteers and then leading a patrol, really? It couldn't be THAT different. Totally. Withdrawing towards the edge of the clearing, not wanting to be in the way of the goodbyes or the exit of Cowtuft, Deadmoon mewed I'm going to look for herbs, if anyone else wants to come along? with as much verv as she could muster. It wasn't a big, patrol-commanding yowl, but it was loud enough that the side of the clearing nearest to her should be able to hear if they weren't too absorbed in their own conversations. (OPEN)

Last edited by gs29513; January 3rd, 2024 at 07:24 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2024, 07:23 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Newtberry rolled his eyes, scuffling to his den. The drama queens in this clan drove him crazy.
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!
Old January 3rd, 2024, 08:07 PM
error in the code

Bump Policy: [ error. data corrupted ]
My Mood: Fine

*Tigermist went up to Cowtuft and nuzzles him*

"You were the best medicine cat I could have ever asked for. I don't blame you for the killings with the herbs, you would never do such a thing. I hope you find peace in wherever you may go. I just hope we can meet again at the next Gathering. May StarClan guide your path."

*She had tears in her eyes*

@wolfie (nooo, Cowtuft!!! My BABY MEDIE KITTIE!!!)
Old January 3rd, 2024, 08:46 PM
chaotic Catholic furry

Bump Policy: Anytime
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs29513 View Post
Just as things seemed to be calming down, with Cowtuft's fate decided if not accepted by all, the impromptu meeting took another turn towards chaos. Several warriors began yowling about hunting him down, and that was.....a little far for Deadmoon, honestly. Exile seemed like a fair enough punishment, but just that. Exile. Knowing the......softness of the medicine cat he might not survive long anyway on his own, although he could certainly surprise them all. She was well aware that she wasn't the toughest, and had still made it on her own for a few moons, though she'd avoided confrontations so hadn't had to fight. Which was good, because her fighting abilities......not great.

Although it seemed like they might be called into question, if things kept heading down the track they seemed to be. There were a few claws unsheathed, though generally in the dirt as far as she could tell, until they weren't. The flash of blood came from a most unlikely source, but today was a day of surprises as far as Deadmoon was aware. Twistedpaw was angrily defending Cowtuft, supported by Lichenpaw. She was sympathetic toward the two young she-cats, they clearly had good intentions, but they were fighting a losing battle. If the general mood was anything to go by, at least the more vocal cats in the clan were tilting towards death every second.

Twistedpaw, who Deadmoon didn't think she'd seen raise her voice ever, suddenly lashed out. At Wolffang, no less. Perhaps it wasn't a surprise, there had to be rage in there somewhere. Anyone born like them, and Twistedpaw was far more, well, twisted than she was, was bound to have it. Even if no one ever said anything (and let's be real, that was never going to happen) there was nothing like being just that bit slower or weaker at everything to make a cat angry. To resent their clanmates, and their perfectly formed limbs. Her anger had yet to manifest in violence, she'd never been angered as such before. The only thing perhaps comparable to what Twistedpaw was experiencing had been Breezefeather's death, and she hadn't witnessed it. Nor had she been brave enough to do anything. It had been their deputy's son who had done that. Deadmoon remembered that, if nothing else. The little gray kit, crushed beneath one massive paw.

Before her mind could get too far down that train of thinking, Twilightstar began speaking again. She told off the bloodthirsty and reaffirmed her decision (did anyone expect anything else?) after separating the little spat that had pulled Deadmoon half to her feet. She didn't think Twistedpaw was much of a threat to her brother, but then again, who knew. She would have expected a retaliatory cuff, a shove away, but that never came. It was over and being dealt with now though, Batglare acting as mediator. Wolffang could take care of himself, he didn't need, and probably wouldn't want, her interference.

The call came for final goodbye's, but Deadmoon didn't approach the medicine cat. Yes she had spoken regarding his fate, but she didn't have anything to say to him personally. She hadn't needed healing, and had no other reason to interact with him beyond herb patrols. Speaking of which.......this was something she could actually do. She could be useful right now. Twilightstar had, though it seemed largely unnoticed by the other warriors, said that it would be good if a few cats who recognized a few herbs went out looking for them. Deadmoon was no medicine cat, but she'd been looking for plants just a few days ago. She certainly remembered where she'd found the yellow dangly many-per-stem flowers, and there were probably some of those bright yellow ones, what had Lightningstorm called them? Sunflowers? Fuzzysuns? Sunfuzzies, that was it! still out and about. They were hardy enough, so perhaps she could find some of them. Yes, she could do that.

Of course, just her alone wouldn't do too much good. It was hard to carry herbs especially, seeing as you didn't want to damage their stems and such since sometimes that was the important part. So she probably needed a few cats to come with her. Or something. Probably. She doubted Lightningstorm would be in any state to send patrols out, having just lost her mentor, so she probably had to take matters into her own paws. Oh dear. No, no, she could do this. She was forty moons old stars damn it, she had led plenty of patrols. How different was it asking for volunteers and then leading a patrol, really? It couldn't be THAT different. Totally. Withdrawing towards the edge of the clearing, not wanting to be in the way of the goodbyes or the exit of Cowtuft, Deadmoon mewed I'm going to look for herbs, if anyone else wants to come along? with as much verv as she could muster. It wasn't a big, patrol-commanding yowl, but it was loud enough that the side of the clearing nearest to her should be able to hear if they weren't too absorbed in their own conversations. (OPEN)
Starrypaw
Female-She/Her-Bi
8 moons
28/100
Starrypaw was thinking about all the chaos that had just occurred when she heard a warrior ask for helpers. "I-I can do it," She called, rising to her paws and padding over. "I'm Starrypaw…who are you?" The warrior seemed nice enough, but…thoughtful. And withdrawn. And a lot of other things. This she-cat must have seen some things.
(Gee I don't know you at all lol)
For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whoever believes in Him may not perish, but have eternal life.-John 3:16
Softdust-Kitty Softpaws-ACTIVE | Shadowlight-Lyrebird's Lullaby-ACTIVE, Not Skiddin' Around-ACTIVE | Icetail-Shadow Fiend-ACTIVE

Old January 3rd, 2024, 09:52 PM

Bump Policy: After 24 hours if i'm not online. || I got church on Wednesdays and Sundays + Saturdays
My Mood: Twisted

|•MothDust•|
The queen looked up from grooming SparrowKit, And sighed. "You were a great medicine cat,Remember that!' She shouted from the nursery entrance. She continued grooming her kit, and SparrowKit looked up at her,"Is he going bye bye?' his innocence pierced MothDust's heart, as she tried to say in a way that Kits could understand."Yes, He's gonna go to a..Good place..' She glanced back up at Cowtuft, Then smiled softly at SparrowKit. "Nap time bud,' she picked the small tom up,and brung him into the nursery.

|+| My cats don't have the same views,personalitys, or opinions as me, so please don't blame me if you think they're being rude ! |+|
.・●*○❃○*●・.
"autumn is my favourite"

"Why?"

"Nature makes the leaves turn my favourite color, fire."

Old January 3rd, 2024, 09:57 PM
fangs into flesh ♛

Bump Policy: 4 days [time sensitive: 2 days]
My Mood: Kingly

COLDPAW
HE/HIM | 7 MOONS OLD
MENTOR: CROWTOOTH

“snow always lands on top..”

This whole situation was based purely off emotions, it was never about the logically right or correct decision. Murder was fit for a murderer after all… Coldpaw exits the apprentice den, slipping out and lingering in the shadows before approaching the crowd. Shooting a fleeing warrior a glance, that of one that gave his approval. A small smirk goes alongside with the short and swift look, Coldpaw heard it all. All these cats ever did was argue, this clan was full of a bunch of kits in warrior body’s. Him? No…he was better than most of them, they all were below in their opinions and motives, regardless of their actions. The blond cat licks his paw before dragging it along his head then weaving through the place til he met his mentor.

The older cat, Crowtooth. The more important Tunneler, he even held the title of “Head Tunneler”, a position of power waiting to be exploited but that could wait, Coldpaw pushed the thought to the side. Joining his mentor as Bravebird and Driftingsoul left with Leafspot’s body. “Sir? What’s the rundown, if you have the time? I would rather get this situated and my thoughts formed properly… Actually nevermind…” He nods silently, Coldpaw sits down, almost defensively next to his mentor, who had called for the former medinice cat’s exile.

It was better to get on his mentor’s good side earlier wasn’t it? Force the relationship to remain in good standing from the start, then move his way up to greater things, like the official Tunneler title. He huffs before speaking, letting out a sigh. “Goodbye Cowtuft, enjoy outskirts…and rotting in the dark forest. An invisible mental smile appears as Coldpaw stands, the curly tom giving the medinice cat a hopefully sympathetic look of disappointment.

[ @Poprock , @Rani , @wolfie ]

✰ [ my carrd ] ✰

Last edited by fenrir; January 3rd, 2024 at 11:05 PM.
Old January 4th, 2024, 01:15 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Lurking

Crowtooth
Windclan Tunneler | He/him | 43 Moons
Power Card: Cold Gust

Sorrow, grief, apathy, then rage, now exhaustion again. The cycle of emotions was akin to whiplash and even with the immature rats skulking away he still felt sick.
Their words meant nothing to Crowtooth: he too cared for the dead and cared for Peachfrost more then he bet the curs ever did. But he couldnt effect what he wasnt there for and he was there for none of the poisonings but this, nor her exile (though maybe he'd see later if there was a way Peachfrost couldnt be slowly helped into the clan if she could see the damage the harsher of her views did instead of helping). He'dve helped then, this was more than a slap to the paw, and the monsters own words showed their proper nature.

No, it was the finality and hurt in Twilightstars words that was akin to a bolt to the chest.

For a moment the tom warred with himself, his resolution to protect Cowtuft (and how quickly his resolution to see the tom was Cow, no longer clan, crumbled when push came to shove) verses an unyielding drive to obey Twilightstars dictation without resistance. After all, she didnt deserve to face push back from someone she should be able to rely on on today, so painful a day. The leader was burdened enough.

It was the knowledge that Cowtuft will be protected by her, and that Lighteningstorm deserved privacy to say what needed to be said, that had him caving in. It was still with obvious reluctance, and took some time.

In fact it was Snowpaw, the other new apprentice of his, that broke him from warring thoughts with a question and a kind word. Not looking any closer into it the tom quietly rasped, voice strained after the activity today. "Ah, Snowpaw... I- 'ts- Well 'ts complicated.... Lets.... Walk, do the territory tour an' gather some herbs an' 'll explain.... Just- Just give me a mo' ta say goodbye an'... take a breather." Read: throw up outside the view of the clan and apprentice to not show weakness.

Stepping away Crowtooth went to say those goodbyes.

"Cowtuft I- Listen responsibility don' mean fault. I know 't might be impossible but please try an' find peace. Finda life an' live. Please. Ya do deserve 't, a good life.... Yer nota bad cat, an' 'ts clear there's cats who care about ya here, me included." The tom suppressed tears again, trying to present strength to the clan though Cowtuft could probably still see them. "Fer tonight, head ta the barn 'n the outskirts. 'ts close 'f I recall an' ya should be able ta find prey an' sleep safe until yer able ta function. Than maybe a twoleg, 'ts crazy but they'll keep ya safe fer the leafbare, yer kind enough ta be adored." Hopefully clear instructions would keep Cowtuft from sinking into shock and giving up to exposure or some other death. He did have the skills to survive, he just had to want it.

Problem was, Crowtooth had no way of forcing him to feel that, or even ensuring he did if successful. He just had to hope.
Crowtooth had little hope, just desperation.

"You've done so much good, this don' erase that. 't can' be forgotten but 'ts not an indication yer a bad cat, just a flawed one an' were all flawed. Please be safe, an' Ill miss ya." Something about this felt like a greater loss then the tom knew, like he was losing something he never knew about but there was little to do but crookedly give a bittersweet grin at the tom, and brush a tail along his side as he walked away.

-

To Snowpaw again, the tom advised "Peak yer head inta the herb store, don' enter or touch. 'll teach ya the herbs I know but 'f ya do an' recognize a herb during the tour we can grab 't. Meet me outside o' camp." With that the tom padded away and ducked out of camp, heading down just enough to be just out of sight.

Then he threw up, sickened by heartbreak and pain and disgust at his clanmates actions and vitriol at a cat who didnt really deserve it. A cat he did care for. He gagged until the vole he ate earlier was long gone and it was only bile then panted and wheezed, trying to regain his breath. It was a hard action, and even as he breathing mellowed out Crowtooth was certain he'd spend the day tasting bitter bile and feeling the pain of his very breathing, the grass he rubbed against and chewed on to rid the scent not solving his issue.

By the time Snowpaw joined him to begin a territory tour, he'd once more look as composed and strong as ever, though inside he'd be fractured forevermore.

@wolfie @vampire

Last edited by Rani; January 4th, 2024 at 01:15 AM.
Old January 4th, 2024, 01:27 AM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Poppysong ═ ✱
windclan warriornb they/them20 moonstags; @wolfie
═ ═ ═
Pollysong sighs. Their fur is hot and they wish they could just slither out of it and shed it like a snake. They want to curl up and let the wind soothe their burning flesh. But, alas, they know the wind nor snow couldn’t help their burning senses.

Cowtuft, I-“ Guilt coats their tounge as they speak and stutter. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean for this to… escalate. I should have stopped the argument before… before…

Poppysong looks up from their paws to Cowtuft, but looking in their eyes causes pain to shoot up their leg the pain cold against their burning fur, and they wince, backing up, and abandoning what they were going to say.

They hesitate one last time before turning and walking towards the warriors den, ears and tail lowered like weighed down by the world, praying that no one will notice their pain, nor notice the tears building on their cheeks.

Exile seems too far, even for the red warrior, who so desperately wanted justice just a little before now. They curl up placing their tail atop their nose, avoiding eye contact with the medicine cat- and everyone, for that matter.

Their pleas for justice, to keep the clan safe, only lead to someone who kept the clan safe for so long being exiled. Thing is, it makes sense. Their head is saying this is for the best but Poppysong doesn’t believe it. They believe their heart, and their heart doesn’t want them to go.

Old January 4th, 2024, 06:06 AM
Mysterious....

My Mood: Dark

Rookscreech sniffled. Leafbare always made her nose leak, making her naturally nasal voice even worse.
Old January 4th, 2024, 06:28 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftheart <3 View Post
/Silverpaw and Ivykit/
Silverpaw stopped in front of Twiglightstar, glaring at her. Ivykit whimpered and sidled closer to her adopted sister. “Shh, shhh… it’s Ok, Ivykit..” Silverpaw whispered. Then she turned back to Twilightstar. “How *could* you?” She hissed, waiting for the leaders response.
/Icedapple/
Icedapple hissed as she walked by Twiglightstar, then she unsheathed her claws and hissed at the leader, threatening her.
Ah, another pair of cats obviously looking for attention. Well, while Scorchedfang awaited his beau, he decided to bite. It seemed this was going undernoticed by the cats more focused with Cowtuft than problems.

"Both of you." His words were aimed at Silverpaw and Icedapple, not the kit the apprentice decided to drag into the mix. "Treat your leader with some damned respect. If you used your ears, you would have heard why this is happening."

And more importantly, since Icedapple decided to stoop to threatening.. Scorchedfang took a step toward the warrior. He bared his teeth, but kept his claws in. Unlike her, he would retain composure. "Icedapple, in what world do you think it is appropriate to threaten a Clan-mate?" The leader, no less - but that was a different matter.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
⬩ ⬩ tc sar patrolsdeceased charactersroleplay rules