The Thrush Is About To...
Last post by KestrelPaw
Today 10:37 PM
Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2020, 10:29 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Medicine Cat's Den

Fawnsqueak inspected carefully in her fur for the site of the burn and felt the corner of his mouth quiver upon its discovery. "..Yeah," he agreed, throat dry. It was kind of disturbing to see a burn-wound on a kit, but he tried to drag his attention to where it mattered: getting the treatment. And what that was, he didn't know, not entirely. But he was going for the old faithful dandelion approach to at least make it more tolerable, working the poultice onto the burn with paws-free diligence. "If you're going to keep watch over her, you don't.. really need to keep her here, but.." Fawnsqueak shrugged, the implication that the offer to stay was available just since kits were fragile. Needed closer care. And she could maybe get that in ThunderClan's makeshift camp, but maybe not.

@Fuzzy @Beau

everything about us is going to be wonderful
Old July 13th, 2020, 01:11 AM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawneye View Post
Dawnpaw nodded and sighed “I think I’ll just go on the patrol and be extra careful, I mean it is just a hunting patrol, how hard can it be?” Her paws shook a little as she spoke, but she was training to be a warrior! Warriors were supposed to keep going no matter what.. right?
"Extra careful," Fawnsqueak echoed to stress that part, stare critical as it locked onto Dawnpaw. Hints of uncertainty could be detected in his response, but he wasn't going to hold her back since the injury was healing well.. and as long as she didn't disrupt it, he imagined it'd continue to recovery. "Just.. don't do anything risky." That was the best he could offer and dismissed her with a half-smile, head tilting to encourage her to go.

((you don't have to reply to this if you'd rather end it here !))

Last edited by Fawn; July 13th, 2020 at 01:11 AM.
Old July 13th, 2020, 01:16 AM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zesty Mango View Post
Fennelheart felt the jab of Fawnsqueaks critique at her previous behaviors, so she chose to ignore the comment, it would be a good idea on her part” Alright, so my leg has healed. That’s good, I can go out on patrols again.“ she meowed pointing out she wasn’t going to be lazy.
Fawnsqueak still couldn't discern why she required his permission if she'd planned on doing that, not wanting to be wrong or whatever she'd said previously. "Look," he started, "if you think it's feeling good and is healed, then I'm going to take your word for it. But if it's hurting, there's.. probably something going on." If a patrol was what she wished to pursue, he wouldn't be stopping her and shrugged, nonverbally inviting her to partake in whichever clan activities she thought she could handle.

((you don't have to reply to this if you'd rather end it here !))

Last edited by Fawn; July 13th, 2020 at 01:24 AM.
Old July 13th, 2020, 01:24 AM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumble View Post
Duckkit hesitantly poked his head into the medicine cat's den, unsure of whether or not he was allowed to be in here on his own. Mustering up the courage, he quietly padded into the den, his head dipped a bit. Small sneezes and coughs escaped him every so often, "fawnsqueak?" he quietly mewed, padding over to him. His voice sounded gravely, and he cleared his throat in hopes of getting his voice back to normal, "sick" the kit mewed, hoping to getting the message across, though he wasn't sure if it was even possible to not get what he was trying to say. He started to look around, trying to learn where everything was. It was his first time here, after all.

@Dipper
Fawnsqueak heard the incoming misfortune before he saw it.. and when he did, he suppressed a long and tired groan because uughhh. He'd just gotten the majority of the ill kits treated and sent back into the nursery, the last thing he'd been hoping for was another sick kit that'd likely mean the illness was restarting itself. Infecting the entire nursery. Again. At this rate, Fawnsqueak was tempted to just serve them all a dose of catmint daily to cover his bases. Duckkit didn't have to voice what was wrong when they both already knew, the cough a telltale sign of what'd been spreading through RiverClan lately. Fawnsqueak could feel the stress headache inching in and under his breath, murmured an exhausted, "Yeah, yeah." He cleared his throat, then continued a bit louder. "Go.. rest in one of the nests over there," he motioned with his puff-tail to the expansion that'd been wonderfully empty as of late. "You'll have to stay here until you're, uh, feeling better. Like, completely better. Normal." The string of rambling was an attempt at saying something that'd land with the kit, never feeling quite sure of what each one's vocabulary or brain power was and often tailoring his message to the lowest common denominator. Returning to Duckkit with a catmint leaf, Fawnsqueak placed it near their paws and waited, blinking. "You should probably eat that-- it'll help with the cough."

Old July 13th, 2020, 01:34 AM
the stars are aligned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysian View Post
It had been a bit, and Cloudedspark wasn’t feeling any worse.

The torbie still felt awful, but it wasn’t getting worse. The medicine cat seemed... busy, and Otterwhatsherface was nowhere to be found. Odd. Maybe they were gathering herbs or something. Or she just didn’t see them. Anyway, she would try to get to her paws. If no one was there, she would go out herself.

However, that proved to be a difficult challenge. Even getting her paws under her was near impossible. Every time she moved her left hind leg, she felt a sharp jolt of pain. However, she struggled to her paws. She couldn’t feel triumphant, because a wave of nausea hit and her lungs felt like she hunt inhaled smoke. Well, she did. Duh. With a coughing fit and a thud, she collapsed into her nest.

Great.

@Dipper
Reorganizing, Fawnsqueak's focus was on the precise practice of relocating herbs into their proper order within the storage, the system he'd taken to fondly with emergency supplies in front. Its practicality had yet to be observed, but he had high hopes for its ability to save a life or two--

In the corner of his eye, he noticed movement and a strange.. almost-dragging noise, shuffling of some sort. Clumsy shuffling. Fawnsqueak's eyes narrowed, ears flattened. Yeah, something wasn't right here, and it wasn't the stock of herbs that was the issue. Glancing over his shoulder, he discovered Cloudedspark on her paws albeit.. not for long, and he was by her side in an instant after the collapse with his tongue tied. Sputtering noises, he didn't even know where to begin on the flood of questions but the one that finally managed to escape between nonsensical sounds was:

"What are you doing?" It was exasperated and beyond baffled. Fawnsqueak grimaced as he inspected her injuries for further signs of complication or new damage. "Are-- are you okay?" Probably should've offered that as the initial inquiry, he realized, but he hadn't been thinking in his panic. "Is it-- are you in pain? .. If you are, uh, standing might not help with that." In a moment, he resolved to grab her a wet moss ball minimally, maybe something to eat, but gauging her condition was more important right now.

Old July 13th, 2020, 08:20 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post

Reorganizing, Fawnsqueak's focus was on the precise practice of relocating herbs into their proper order within the storage, the system he'd taken to fondly with emergency supplies in front. Its practicality had yet to be observed, but he had high hopes for its ability to save a life or two--

In the corner of his eye, he noticed movement and a strange.. almost-dragging noise, shuffling of some sort. Clumsy shuffling. Fawnsqueak's eyes narrowed, ears flattened. Yeah, something wasn't right here, and it wasn't the stock of herbs that was the issue. Glancing over his shoulder, he discovered Cloudedspark on her paws albeit.. not for long, and he was by her side in an instant after the collapse with his tongue tied. Sputtering noises, he didn't even know where to begin on the flood of questions but the one that finally managed to escape between nonsensical sounds was:

"What are you doing?" It was exasperated and beyond baffled. Fawnsqueak grimaced as he inspected her injuries for further signs of complication or new damage. "Are-- are you okay?" Probably should've offered that as the initial inquiry, he realized, but he hadn't been thinking in his panic. "Is it-- are you in pain? .. If you are, uh, standing might not help with that." In a moment, he resolved to grab her a wet moss ball minimally, maybe something to eat, but gauging her condition was more important right now.
She sat in the best contemplating whether or not to try again. No, that obviously wasn’t going to work. It hadn’t worsened her burns and injuries, but she may have been lucky with that fall. She didn’t have much more time to think the herself when Cloudedspark spotted a dark shape rushing next to her.

What was she doing? "Trying to... get up!" she answered plainly with a frown. "What if... Clanmates need... me?" her Clan! "Where are they...! Are they... okay?" she squeezed an many questions in as she could, still feeling smoke inside her lungs. "I... it hurts when you.. touch it, how bad are the.. burns?" If she had two working eyes before the branch hit her, she might have been more panicked. She could feel that her blind eye was damaged, but honestly wasn’t panicked. Other than that, she had no clue whether the branch just hit her side or the burn made its way down to her legs. She hoped this cat would tell her. Obviously they were a medicine cat.

Well, at least she hoped they were a medicine cat.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old July 13th, 2020, 10:01 AM
all that i’ll ever need

[ @Fuzzy @Dipper ]

Gladekit squirmed as some cat poked at her face- especially when they touched the part that hurt. Letting out a squeal, she tried to pull away and gave her best glare to scare them into stopping.

“Stooop! It hurts!”

Then they started chewing up some plant and she raised a brow- what a weirdo! But that wasn’t all, now they were trying to... put it on her? Ewwww! She squirmed harder.

“No! That’s gross- get away!”

Her escape attempts proved fruitless and a grumpy Gladekit soon wore a poultice over part of her face. As soon as the cat said they didn’t need to stay, Gladekit started stomping toward the entrance, tiny tail thrashing behind her. Her face did feel a little better but at what cost!
Old July 13th, 2020, 04:54 PM
pastel king

Bump Policy: 24 Hours w/ Due Date, 72 if no Due Date
My Mood: Adorable

Violetkit had been cleared a few days ago, whatever had caused the kits sickness had left, but she still visited Fawnsqueak. “You. Hungry?” she said in her weird kitten tounge as she carried a mouse for him that was almost as big as her. @Dipper

Sign my Sig, Stinky Staff Members!
If non-staff is interested, VM me and I'll add you <3
Old July 13th, 2020, 04:56 PM
pastel king

Bump Policy: 24 Hours w/ Due Date, 72 if no Due Date
My Mood: Adorable

Violet was sad, he father had left, her mother was mad, and her sister hated her, she of course, didn’t exactly care, but she knew Fawnsqueak helped peoples pain so she thought maybe his plants would heal hers, even if it wasn’t physical.

Sign my Sig, Stinky Staff Members!
If non-staff is interested, VM me and I'll add you <3
Old July 14th, 2020, 04:34 PM

My Mood: Bored

Frostpaw walked in with fox still teetering and she eventually collapsed hitting her head yet again.

@Dipper
Closed Thread