Default Re: RiverClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC
"Keep your head up! You need to look at the world around you!"

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(Nahhh, you're good!)

Her curled ear perked towards the unfamiliar noise. She strained to hear the mews more clearly, but all she got was "share," and "mouse." Marigoldkit would just have to assume she got most of it.

She opened her eyes to see a fairly tall cat looking back at her, their eyes large and silver. Silver. No cat she'd seen had such curious eyes. In fact, she didn't recognize the cat at all. But she did recognize their scent. It was unmistakable and rich with stinging copper.

This cat was stained with streams of scarlet, what Marigoldkit assumed to be white fur was now a soft red-ish color. Marigoldkit rose her eyebrow at them in curiosity. She wondered what the strange she-cat had gone through to earn such a bloodbath.

Other than that, she also smelt of Earth and plants. Something eons more welcoming that the stench of blood.

"Oh, thank you." She crawled out of her nest, and loafed into a lay as she examined the mouse. It was oddly satisfying seeing a once rather annoying skittish creature finally dead. But she had a bias of course. Back before rejoining the clans, Marigoldkit had tried to catch mice many times before, but they were always too fast for her, like her white pelt was immediately a warning sign. So, seeing this gave her much comfort.

She chewed through the fur and spat out bones. She looked back up at the grey cat with wide hazel eyes as she slowed her eating. "I'm Marigoldkit. You?"

Waves of embarrassment washed over her with the flick of a tail. What if she'd already said her name? What if she completely blanked out and missed it? Oh, Starclan... Her first display of bad etiquette, and probably far from her last.

A look of fear flashed over her face, her mind scrambled to regain her dwindling confidence. "Unnnless you already said that. Whoops! Super duper duper sorry."

->> minkpaw [she/they, rc apprentice, 12moons, the collector, herb2] <<-
a dark blueish grey bengal-patterned she cat with silver eyes

striped tail wrapping around herself she watched the kit devour the prey, it was a relief to see the kit eating without having to pretend she had actually intended to share. "hi marigoldkit, im minkpaw." she replied with a soft smile "dont worry about it" who would mind repeating their name for a kit? minkpaw certainly didnt. especially not directly after more or less waking them up.
"how are you doing?" she cocked her head, carefully tucking her paws beneath her body in an attempt to hide her stained paws, "sorry, i look a bit dishevelled" she addressed with a awkward laugh, "i dont normally look like this" they grimaced, stained fur and open, untreated scratches wasn't her best look for sure. other than that, who really looked less roughed up at the moment? she had treated enough cats with worse wounds to know kits wouldnt get around seeing wounded warriors, perhaps even queens still healing from their wounds sooner rather than later. still, hopefully they had stayed in the den during the raid, she shuddered at the thought of the nursery instead of the warrior den being destroyed.

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━
my bios | rooks requirements
Old March 3rd, 2024, 07:03 AM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3cc766 View Post

striped tail wrapping around herself she watched the kit devour the prey, it was a relief to see the kit eating without having to pretend she had actually intended to share. "hi marigoldkit, im minkpaw." she replied with a soft smile "dont worry about it" who would mind repeating their name for a kit? minkpaw certainly didnt. especially not directly after more or less waking them up.
"how are you doing?" she cocked her head, carefully tucking her paws beneath her body in an attempt to hide her stained paws, "sorry, i look a bit dishevelled" she addressed with a awkward laugh, "i dont normally look like this" they grimaced, stained fur and open, untreated scratches wasn't her best look for sure. other than that, who really looked less roughed up at the moment? she had treated enough cats with worse wounds to know kits wouldnt get around seeing wounded warriors, perhaps even queens still healing from their wounds sooner rather than later. still, hopefully they had stayed in the den during the raid, she shuddered at the thought of the nursery instead of the warrior den being destroyed.

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"I don't normally look like this either," Marigoldkit cheesed a smile. "Nice to meet you, Minkpaw!" What's a mink anyways? A bird maybe?

She chewed a bit more before properly responding. At least she knew that speaking with chunks of mouse in her jaws would be a bad look for her. She wondered what else she had forgotten...

She vaguely remembered her earlier days, but they were nebulous now. She remembered voices, but they were hazy as well.

She gave Minkpaw a look, trying to commit her appearance to memory. This she wouldn't lose.

"I'm doing okay, just a bit tired and sluggish, that's all." Marigoldkit nodded her head at no one in particular, her hazle eyes hooded lazily. "And skinny, and scrawny. But you made me feel better, at least my stomach isn't trying to eat me from the inside out."

She backed away into her moss bed, already growing too cold to stay out of it for long. She peered through the Nursery, looking at what she could see of the camp around her (which wasn't much).

"Are you alright? You seem badly cut up, like a falcon had their own personal grudge against you."

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old March 3rd, 2024, 08:44 AM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"
Bump Policy: 2days, 24hours if time sensitive
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"I don't normally look like this either," Marigoldkit cheesed a smile. "Nice to meet you, Minkpaw!" What's a mink anyways? A bird maybe?

She chewed a bit more before properly responding. At least she knew that speaking with chunks of mouse in her jaws would be a bad look for her. She wondered what else she had forgotten...

She vaguely remembered her earlier days, but they were nebulous now. She remembered voices, but they were hazy as well.

She gave Minkpaw a look, trying to commit her appearance to memory. This she wouldn't lose.

"I'm doing okay, just a bit tired and sluggish, that's all." Marigoldkit nodded her head at no one in particular, her hazle eyes hooded lazily. "And skinny, and scrawny. But you made me feel better, at least my stomach isn't trying to eat me from the inside out."

She backed away into her moss bed, already growing too cold to stay out of it for long. She peered through the Nursery, looking at what she could see of the camp around her (which wasn't much).

"Are you alright? You seem badly cut up, like a falcon had their own personal grudge against you."

"you should eat more." she mewed with concern, all the cats not eating enough was stressing her out, additionally to the general state of riverclan, the dwindling fresh kill and herb storage and her own list of problems. "im fine dont worry" she assured the kit, they still hadnt gotten to really getting cleaned off or looking after their own wounds but it was barely more than a few scratches anyway... well, apart from her left eye, she had done her best to stay distracted enough to ignore that she still couldnt see and attempt to keep her panic to a minimum. thinking about losing sight was not something she needed right now, not while cats still needed treatment. she wondered what she looked like though..
"its was uh a thunderclan warrior but dont worry about it, i can deal with it" she continued, somewhere between relieved and confused that marigoldkit seemed to be completely unaware of the raid that had just happened less than a day ago. silver eyes, one milky and unfocussed, followed the kits gaze to the den entrance, luckily it was easy to see outside, especially from a kits point of view..the rain had washed away some of the blood but reddish brown still stained parts of the clearing. perhaps she should take the kit out into the clearing to get a bit of fresh air when she wasnt so weak anymore and riverclan was in a better position.

━━━━━━━━
Old March 3rd, 2024, 01:44 PM

Quote:

"you should eat more." she mewed with concern, all the cats not eating enough was stressing her out, additionally to the general state of riverclan, the dwindling fresh kill and herb storage and her own list of problems. "im fine dont worry" she assured the kit, they still hadnt gotten to really getting cleaned off or looking after their own wounds but it was barely more than a few scratches anyway... well, apart from her left eye, she had done her best to stay distracted enough to ignore that she still couldnt see and attempt to keep her panic to a minimum. thinking about losing sight was not something she needed right now, not while cats still needed treatment. she wondered what she looked like though..
"its was uh a thunderclan warrior but dont worry about it, i can deal with it" she continued, somewhere between relieved and confused that marigoldkit seemed to be completely unaware of the raid that had just happened less than a day ago. silver eyes, one milky and unfocussed, followed the kits gaze to the den entrance, luckily it was easy to see outside, especially from a kits point of view..the rain had washed away some of the blood but reddish brown still stained parts of the clearing. perhaps she should take the kit out into the clearing to get a bit of fresh air when she wasnt so weak anymore and riverclan was in a better position.

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Thunderclan? Marigoldkit didn't remember a Thunderclan. She wrinkled her nose. "Another clan attacked us?" she lifted her head quickly as she perked herself up to better meet Minkpaw's eyes... Or eye. She wasn't sure what was going on with the other one.

Her brain obviously didn't appreciate the whiplash of the sudden movement. The world began to spin violently around her. She squeezed her eyes shut and willed the ringing in her ears to go away. She hated when that happened. How was she supposed to do anything if she kept getting dizzy spells? How was she supposed to fend for her new home?

She opened her eyes cautiously, checking to see if the world was on fire. It wasn't. It even stopped spinning.

Her shoulders relaxed in relief as she sunk back into her mossbed. No way was she making that mistake again, it all felt awful.

She noticed Minkpaw's growing concerns and took a few more bites out of the mouse. Though, this time she found it difficult to swallow. It was hard to do anything with this newly found danger. Come to think of it, the clearing seemed to be stained with the same trails of blood that marked Minkpaw. It was enough blood to overlook if you just glanced over the clearing. A part of Marigoldkit wished she had.

Bloodshed wasn't unfamiliar to her, but it was still icky and scary. The thought of another's blood--- life ---on her pelt was enough to make her hurl. She stared back at Minkpaw with searching eyes.

"What did I miss?"

My Art Shop!
Old March 3rd, 2024, 03:27 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Thunderclan? Marigoldkit didn't remember a Thunderclan. She wrinkled her nose. "Another clan attacked us?" she lifted her head quickly as she perked herself up to better meet Minkpaw's eyes... Or eye. She wasn't sure what was going on with the other one.

Her brain obviously didn't appreciate the whiplash of the sudden movement. The world began to spin violently around her. She squeezed her eyes shut and willed the ringing in her ears to go away. She hated when that happened. How was she supposed to do anything if she kept getting dizzy spells? How was she supposed to fend for her new home?

She opened her eyes cautiously, checking to see if the world was on fire. It wasn't. It even stopped spinning.

Her shoulders relaxed in relief as she sunk back into her mossbed. No way was she making that mistake again, it all felt awful.

She noticed Minkpaw's growing concerns and took a few more bites out of the mouse. Though, this time she found it difficult to swallow. It was hard to do anything with this newly found danger. Come to think of it, the clearing seemed to be stained with the same trails of blood that marked Minkpaw. It was enough blood to overlook if you just glanced over the clearing. A part of Marigoldkit wished she had.

Bloodshed wasn't unfamiliar to her, but it was still icky and scary. The thought of another's blood--- life ---on her pelt was enough to make her hurl. She stared back at Minkpaw with searching eyes.

"What did I miss?"

cw: description of murder, a dead body, nausea/throwing up

oh horsefeathers, she shouldnt have told marigoldkit- or maybe just differently? stars she had no idea how to properly speak to kits, and she wasnt even that much older than her. nodding, she hummed in response, "yeah they did, but theyre all gone now dont worry" she confirmed, tail moving to wrap around the kit in comfort.
"i dont know why they attacked us but if im allowed to attend the next gathering i'll tell you" she mewed, keeping the more graphic parts to herself, she had taken a life for stars sake. the memory of the thunderclan apprentices' dead body, bloody, limp and growing cold beneath her paws made her want to throw up. she felt dirty, not only because of the literal blood on her paws but because she shouldnt speak to a kit like they were innocent, like they had just survived. they had not 'survived' they had murdered an apprentice, a child, in cold blood. grimacing, they did their best to shake the thoughts and the nausea that had come with them, this wasnt about her, it was about the marigoldkit. "what do you say, you get eat more and get strong and i'll play with you in the clearing when its time?" she offered to move the conversation away from the thunderclan attack and towards more positive topics. "hmm you got anything interesting that you totally want to tell me?" they continued, yes minkpaw thats how to make conversation, not. ears flicking minutely they again began lowly humming, focussing on the sound and rumbling feeling rather than the memory of yesterday.

━━━━━━━━
Old March 3rd, 2024, 03:52 PM

Quote:

cw: description of murder, a dead body, nausea/throwing up

oh horsefeathers, she shouldnt have told marigoldkit- or maybe just differently? stars she had no idea how to properly speak to kits, and she wasnt even that much older than her. nodding, she hummed in response, "yeah they did, but theyre all gone now dont worry" she confirmed, tail moving to wrap around the kit in comfort.
"i dont know why they attacked us but if im allowed to attend the next gathering i'll tell you" she mewed, keeping the more graphic parts to herself, she had taken a life for stars sake. the memory of the thunderclan apprentices' dead body, bloody, limp and growing cold beneath her paws made her want to throw up. she felt dirty, not only because of the literal blood on her paws but because she shouldnt speak to a kit like they were innocent, like they had just survived. they had not 'survived' they had murdered an apprentice, a child, in cold blood. grimacing, they did their best to shake the thoughts and the nausea that had come with them, this wasnt about her, it was about the marigoldkit. "what do you say, you get eat more and get strong and i'll play with you in the clearing when its time?" she offered to move the conversation away from the thunderclan attack and towards more positive topics. "hmm you got anything interesting that you totally want to tell me?" they continued, yes minkpaw thats how to make conversation, not. ears flicking minutely they again began lowly humming, focussing on the sound and rumbling feeling rather than the memory of yesterday.

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Playing in the clearing? She liked that idea, she liked it very much. It had been a while--- no, it had been 3 moons ----since she properly stepped inside of the clearing like she belonged there and wasn't some piece of breathing crowfood.

She would've thanked Minkpaw if she hadn't continued talking. But that was alright, Marigoldkit liked to talk, she also quite liked this she-cat as well. While Minkpaw did seem a bit on edge, and perhaps her eyes held more than she would ever reveal, that was an exception. She didn't have to tell Marigoldkit everything. Knowing that she came up to talk to her was enough of a relief.

Hopefully the giddy smile on her face was enough to let the apprentice know that she really appreciated her offer.

"Erm," she began, striving to answer their question to the best of her ability. "I uh, saw a deer once. They're beautiful, almost got close enough to touch it, but it darted away before I could. Also, I have no idea what a marigold is, haven't for a long time actually.

"I've visited a barn once. The cats there were a kinda mean and hostile but they gave me a rabbit to chew on. Granted, the rabbit was really odd tasting, but it filled me up for a bit. Who was I to complain anyways? It was a miracle I hadn't died out there..." Her eyes wandered to the floor. "I'm so glad I've made it back home. You guys are awesome."

My Art Shop!
Old March 3rd, 2024, 04:13 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Playing in the clearing? She liked that idea, she liked it very much. It had been a while--- no, it had been 3 moons ----since she properly stepped inside of the clearing like she belonged there and wasn't some piece of breathing crowfood.

She would've thanked Minkpaw if she hadn't continued talking. But that was alright, Marigoldkit liked to talk, she also quite liked this she-cat as well. While Minkpaw did seem a bit on edge, and perhaps her eyes held more than she would ever reveal, that was an exception. She didn't have to tell Marigoldkit everything. Knowing that she came up to talk to her was enough of a relief.

Hopefully the giddy smile on her face was enough to let the apprentice know that she really appreciated her offer.

"Erm," she began, striving to answer their question to the best of her ability. "I uh, saw a deer once. They're beautiful, almost got close enough to touch it, but it darted away before I could. Also, I have no idea what a marigold is, haven't for a long time actually.

"I've visited a barn once. The cats there were a kinda mean and hostile but they gave me a rabbit to chew on. Granted, the rabbit was really odd tasting, but it filled me up for a bit. Who was I to complain anyways? It was a miracle I hadn't died out there..." Her eyes wandered to the floor. "I'm so glad I've made it back home. You guys are awesome."

she nodded attentively while listening to marigoldkit tell her story about the deer, she had never been close to a deer before but she had been close to marigold before. "marigold is a herb, 's a kind of round, yellow flower" they explained, "maybe i can show you some time soon".
the kits further story hit her closer to home than she liked, besides the thunderclan attack her life before joining riverclan wasnt something she particularly liked to remember, "i'll make sure you'll always get good fresh kill from now on." the grey molly promised, voice wavering slightly with the conflicting emotions this retelling had triggered.
"my turn now uhh- i think i saw a ghost recently" they revealed in their best 'scary' voice, before laughing "okay maybe it was just the wind but i met a real ghost too!" they leaned further towards the kit in a kind of exaggerated way as if revealing a well protected secret, "i talked to a starclan cat in my dream a few sunrises ago" they continued, 'secrecy' exaggerated to make the kit laugh. minkpaw was not here to brag about this, she was here to make the kit feel better.

━━━━━━━━
Old March 3rd, 2024, 04:42 PM

Quote:

she nodded attentively while listening to marigoldkit tell her story about the deer, she had never been close to a deer before but she had been close to marigold before. "marigold is a herb, 's a kind of round, yellow flower" they explained, "maybe i can show you some time soon".
the kits further story hit her closer to home than she liked, besides the thunderclan attack her life before joining riverclan wasnt something she particularly liked to remember, "i'll make sure you'll always get good fresh kill from now on." the grey molly promised, voice wavering slightly with the conflicting emotions this retelling had triggered.
"my turn now uhh- i think i saw a ghost recently" they revealed in their best 'scary' voice, before laughing "okay maybe it was just the wind but i met a real ghost too!" they leaned further towards the kit in a kind of exaggerated way as if revealing a well protected secret, "i talked to a starclan cat in my dream a few sunrises ago" they continued, 'secrecy' exaggerated to make the kit laugh. minkpaw was not here to brag about this, she was here to make the kit feel better.

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"Oh really? That'd be nice." She'd like to see the flower. Mousekit described it as kind of orange. She always liked bright happy colors like that.

She winced lightly as she heard Minkpaw's tone falter, like she was getting choked up. Marigoldkit placed an awkward paw on the tip of Minkpaw's tail. Hopefully she'd be alright, maybe that was enough. And yet, Marigoldkit still felt she could've done more to help ease the she-cat.

As Marigoldkit listened, her ears heard something she'd never thought she'd hear.

Starclan. The cats who spared her. And apparently, they talked with Minkpaw.

Marigoldkit's eyes widened, the corners of her mouth twitching up in excitement. "Really? Who? Where?" She giggled as Minkpaw obviously exaggerated her words. Who knew they were such a performer? It had been a while since Marigoldkit laughed, a real full belly laugh. But she was getting close, close to finally being herself again.

She felt amazing, like she finally acquired a friend. One more friend! Isn't that awesome? One more person who could get her back in the loop of things. One more person to make her laugh.

"What did they look like? Were they shiney? Oh, oh! Did they have long beautiful fur and sparkly claws?"

My Art Shop!
Old March 3rd, 2024, 05:23 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

"Oh really? That'd be nice." She'd like to see the flower. Mousekit described it as kind of orange. She always liked bright happy colors like that.

She winced lightly as she heard Minkpaw's tone falter, like she was getting choked up. Marigoldkit placed an awkward paw on the tip of Minkpaw's tail. Hopefully she'd be alright, maybe that was enough. And yet, Marigoldkit still felt she could've done more to help ease the she-cat.

As Marigoldkit listened, her ears heard something she'd never thought she'd hear.

Starclan. The cats who spared her. And apparently, they talked with Minkpaw.

Marigoldkit's eyes widened, the corners of her mouth twitching up in excitement. "Really? Who? Where?" She giggled as Minkpaw obviously exaggerated her words. Who knew they were such a performer? It had been a while since Marigoldkit laughed, a real full belly laugh. But she was getting close, close to finally being herself again.

She felt amazing, like she finally acquired a friend. One more friend! Isn't that awesome? One more person who could get her back in the loop of things. One more person to make her laugh.

"What did they look like? Were they shiney? Oh, oh! Did they have long beautiful fur and sparkly claws?"

she smiled at the kits reaction, pleased with her apparent success to brighten up the mood, "oh im not here to brag about this" she teased, leaving marigoldkit waiting for a moment "yes really, i swear! i met blazingstar, he came into my dream because- well, now that i think about it, i dont really know why exactly he came to speak to me" she answered truthfully, the kit was already growing on her, she would probably return to speak next time rather than just to check on the kits because she felt like it was her responsibility.
"he sparkled a tiny bit but he was mostly just a big ginger tabby, he did have long beautiful fur though! way more fluffy than i am" she joked, knowing her ancestry didnt leave much room to be fluffy, according to her mother at least, she herself couldnt remember what her father looker like. minkpaw felt kind of silly telling marigoldkit about her dream with blazingstar, like she wasnt actually recounting what had happened to her but rather telling a story, everything still felt so unreal.

━━━━━━━━
Old March 3rd, 2024, 06:27 PM

Quote:

she smiled at the kits reaction, pleased with her apparent success to brighten up the mood, "oh im not here to brag about this" she teased, leaving marigoldkit waiting for a moment "yes really, i swear! i met blazingstar, he came into my dream because- well, now that i think about it, i dont really know why exactly he came to speak to me" she answered truthfully, the kit was already growing on her, she would probably return to speak next time rather than just to check on the kits because she felt like it was her responsibility.
"he sparkled a tiny bit but he was mostly just a big ginger tabby, he did have long beautiful fur though! way more fluffy than i am" she joked, knowing her ancestry didnt leave much room to be fluffy, according to her mother at least, she herself couldnt remember what her father looker like. minkpaw felt kind of silly telling marigoldkit about her dream with blazingstar, like she wasnt actually recounting what had happened to her but rather telling a story, everything still felt so unreal.

Marigoldkit
She\Kit\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

Marigoldkit tried to imagine Blazingstar. She ended up imagining a ginger cat with a large muscular frame and encouraging eyes. She also couldn't help but imagine a lions mane on the tom. She always wondered why these cats hadn't gotten manes like their bigger counterparts.

"No way," Marigoldkit smiled. "You're way fluffier than me. He must be drowned in fluff!" She began to rise from her resting place but quickly pulled herself back down.

"Star" meant that the cat was a leader right? Marigoldkit wondered which clan they were from because there were obviously more. She wondered what the other clans would be like. She would ask Minkpaw, but not knowing basic knowledge about the clans was already an embarrassment to herself, no need to turn her insecurity into a laughing matter.

"Did he tell you anything important? I bet you felt important, maybe even a bit scared. Oh, what am I saying? Meeting a cat from Starclan is awesome! I'd be ecstatic."

My Art Shop!