Bump Policy: once a week/every 7 days
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Rugged Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritter View Post
Garlic Feather
Purrks; Just a scratch| Beefed up tier 1|
He-Him { River Clan } Warrior

'Hm, I don't know you seem like the sorta cat that likes to get wet to me.' Garlic Feather joked, smiling at the sarcasm, although he felt a little disappointed that the snow hadn't hit Jay Frost. 'I didn't know your personality was to be a deposit of small white crystals. Although I can see how that'd match your eyes.' Garlic Feather mews with an eyeroll. He dropped the rabbit after all the nudging, and watched Jay Frost bolt away. Garlic Feather was quick to chase him, trying to catch up best he could. Garlic Feather hadn't ever found himself needing to test how much stamina he had, so he was giving it his all although the cold was making it a little difficult, when garlic feather thought he'd caught up enough he tried to leap at Jay Frost flicking up snow with the leap and shove him into the snow. Hoping he didn't make a fool of himself and just tumble face first instead.

->> jayfrost [he/him, warrior, 23moons] <<-
a tall silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes

"thats fair." he agreed, he was a big fan of swimming after all "but i prefer the water to be warmer than 'freezing-my-paws-off'" he added, smiling at the other tom.
he shrugged at the other comment "maybe i was named by someone that can think about words a bit more than literally" he rolled his eyes, not really serious about it.
nudging successful he let garlic chase him for a bit before slowing down a tad so the other could leap at him, making them both tumble and roll into the snow. he
he immediatly begann playfully snapping at the other tom and struggling under the other, limbs and tail flicking snow in the air with their movement.

(shortt againn ahhhh)

"i wish things were different, but it werent us who changed."

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; January 5th, 2024 at 12:42 PM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 12:44 PM
'What the Shrimp?!'

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Welcoming

A small cat whose fur was littered with petals and leaves sprang out of a bush nearby, skittering around like a hyperactive kit before running headlong out of the territory and past any cats who saw him. A larger, more powerful tom stormed by after that, seemingly chasing the small cat.
Old January 5th, 2024, 01:10 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Bump Policy: Any time hehe
My Mood: Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by al3cc766 View Post
a tall silver classic-tabby with well groomed short to medium length fur and icy blue eyes

"thats fair." he agreed, he was a big fan of swimming after all "but i prefer the water to be warmer than 'freezing-my-paws-off'" he added, smiling at the other tom.
he shrugged at the other comment "maybe i was named by someone that can think about words a bit more than literally" he rolled his eyes, not really serious about it.
nudging successful he let garlic chase him for a bit before slowing down a tad so the other could leap at him, making them both tumble and roll into the snow. he
he immediatly begann playfully snapping at the other tom and struggling under the other, limbs and tail flicking snow in the air with their movement.

(shortt againn ahhhh)
Garlic Feather

Garlic Feather gave an understanding nod, swimming was actually pretty fun when it wasn't cold enough to send you the medicine den just for dipping a paw in the water. Garlic Feather couldn't help but feel a tinge of pride that his leap had worked, even if he saw Jay Frost slowing down, and shoved a paw in his face as JayFrost tried to snap at garlic. Garlic Feather got off with a huff, shaking out his fur trying to free it of snow. It was still snowing, he felt a little foolish for continually forgetting. He glanced over at Jay Frost and grinned. 'Bet I can catch more Snowflakes with my tongue then you, cause you'll think it's silly.' Garlic Feather stuck his tongue out, and lifted his head. Shivering as a snowflake landed on it, and put his tongue back in shaking his head before doing it again. 'I'm already winning!' He'd call over.

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
All pixel art used is credited here!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Art store: here
Formerly: | The-legendary-cowstar | Spider-Cow
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!
Old January 5th, 2024, 01:40 PM
revenge is a fools game

Status: "we can be all poetic and just lose our minds together"

Quote:
Garlic Feather

Garlic Feather gave an understanding nod, swimming was actually pretty fun when it wasn't cold enough to send you the medicine den just for dipping a paw in the water. Garlic Feather couldn't help but feel a tinge of pride that his leap had worked, even if he saw Jay Frost slowing down, and shoved a paw in his face as JayFrost tried to snap at garlic. Garlic Feather got off with a huff, shaking out his fur trying to free it of snow. It was still snowing, he felt a little foolish for continually forgetting. He glanced over at Jay Frost and grinned. 'Bet I can catch more Snowflakes with my tongue then you, cause you'll think it's silly.' Garlic Feather stuck his tongue out, and lifted his head. Shivering as a snowflake landed on it, and put his tongue back in shaking his head before doing it again. 'I'm already winning!' He'd call over.

he rolled his eyes at garlic shoving his face away but couldnt help but smile to himself as he got up and copied the other tom, shaking the snow off his fur. he could maybe call himself lucky that he had a smooth, well kept and rather short coat which made it far easier for him to actually shake everything off. but that also meant he had far less protection from the cold than other cats.
"bet." he replied, having shaken most of his reserves about seeming silly or like an overgrown kit and focussed his eyes towards the blur of white and grey above his head. the snowflakes falling down towards his face and landing on his tongue were a pleasant visual really. he'd probably enjoy winter far more if it wasnt so cold because if it was just the pleasant blur of snow falling towards him and the quiet roaring of wind leaf bare would be his favourite for sure. watching the water pass by was a close second by visuals alone. but overall he prefered a warm spot to sit and watch the water, and let the roar and splash of water fill his mind, rather than risk a visit to the medicine den for watching the snow fall.
"you're not! im totally winning man." he replied eagerly.

━━━━━━━━
Old January 5th, 2024, 02:15 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Quote:

he rolled his eyes at garlic shoving his face away but couldnt help but smile to himself as he got up and copied the other tom, shaking the snow off his fur. he could maybe call himself lucky that he had a smooth, well kept and rather short coat which made it far easier for him to actually shake everything off. but that also meant he had far less protection from the cold than other cats.
"bet." he replied, having shaken most of his reserves about seeming silly or like an overgrown kit and focussed his eyes towards the blur of white and grey above his head. the snowflakes falling down towards his face and landing on his tongue were a pleasant visual really. he'd probably enjoy winter far more if it wasnt so cold because if it was just the pleasant blur of snow falling towards him and the quiet roaring of wind leaf bare would be his favourite for sure. watching the water pass by was a close second by visuals alone. but overall he prefered a warm spot to sit and watch the water, and let the roar and splash of water fill his mind, rather than risk a visit to the medicine den for watching the snow fall.
"you're not! im totally winning man." he replied eagerly.
Garlic Feather

Garlic Feather was trying to catch as many snowflakes as he could on his tongue, Shivering each time one landed on his tongue, he was counting in his head. 3..4.. And eager to win this silly contest. 'Nuh uh, I'm winning by far!' He'd mew with his tongue still out, Brr! It was too cold to keep this going, defeated he slumped down tongue still sticking out. 'Blegh, It's so cold. Hey, how about another tongue related contest. Cause you clearly won that one. And I'm not gonna take that defeat so easily!' As if he wasn't already tired enough of a cold tongue, Garlic Feather was eager for more, to try prove he was superior in these kit like contests. And also, because it was fun and relaxing to just, muck around and not think about what happens when they get back or how far they had to walk to get home. It was like being told that whatever happened next wouldn't have any consequences. Garlic Feather crept around in search of icicles, little spiky things that he knew appeared when the temperature dropped low enough from water or something and the other. Garlic Feather finally found two and eyed Jay Frost. 'If you've not grown sick of my shenanigans yet then let's see how many licks it takes before your tongue gets stuck. You may have won that last contest but this one I shan't lose.' And before he could even proclaim the contest begun. Garlic Feather had his tongue stuck. By the stars, embarrassing. He tried to make it seem like it wasn't as if he'd been mouse brained enough to get his tongue stuck but uh, yeah. it wasn't moving. Garlic Feather wasn't sure what to do for a solid moment. 'Help?' He'd try to form the words but they sounded real funny with his tongue stuck to an icicle he'd so boldly licked. Or so stupidly licked. So much for shenanigans. Garlic Feather threw his paw up to try break the icicle off and his tongue free, (Rolled a natural 20 ) thankfully it worked beautifully and he was now free of the embarrassment, and there was plenty of icicles still there. So the contest wasn't all lost. 'Alright, that embarrassing moment over, let's actually do this now.' Garlic Feather mews over, trying to warm up his tongue. 'Ready when you are.'

(apologies if it seems like I'm rushing through or anything! )

Heya! If you’re interested in rping feel free to message me whenever! I’m also lf help with rping better!
Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Hello! Sometimes I'll be a little busy or get sick or not have access to my technology/Laptop so my apologies if I forget to reply or do something!

Last edited by Fritter; January 5th, 2024 at 02:16 PM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 02:38 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Garlic Feather

Garlic Feather was trying to catch as many snowflakes as he could on his tongue, Shivering each time one landed on his tongue, he was counting in his head. 3..4.. And eager to win this silly contest. 'Nuh uh, I'm winning by far!' He'd mew with his tongue still out, Brr! It was too cold to keep this going, defeated he slumped down tongue still sticking out. 'Blegh, It's so cold. Hey, how about another tongue related contest. Cause you clearly won that one. And I'm not gonna take that defeat so easily!' As if he wasn't already tired enough of a cold tongue, Garlic Feather was eager for more, to try prove he was superior in these kit like contests. And also, because it was fun and relaxing to just, muck around and not think about what happens when they get back or how far they had to walk to get home. It was like being told that whatever happened next wouldn't have any consequences. Garlic Feather crept around in search of icicles, little spiky things that he knew appeared when the temperature dropped low enough from water or something and the other. Garlic Feather finally found two and eyed Jay Frost. 'If you've not grown sick of my shenanigans yet then let's see how many licks it takes before your tongue gets stuck. You may have won that last contest but this one I shan't lose.' And before he could even proclaim the contest begun. Garlic Feather had his tongue stuck. By the stars, embarrassing. He tried to make it seem like it wasn't as if he'd been mouse brained enough to get his tongue stuck but uh, yeah. it wasn't moving. Garlic Feather wasn't sure what to do for a solid moment. 'Help?' He'd try to form the words but they sounded real funny with his tongue stuck to an icicle he'd so boldly licked. Or so stupidly licked. So much for shenanigans. Garlic Feather threw his paw up to try break the icicle off and his tongue free, (Rolled a natural 20 ) thankfully it worked beautifully and he was now free of the embarrassment, and there was plenty of icicles still there. So the contest wasn't all lost. 'Alright, that embarrassing moment over, let's actually do this now.' Garlic Feather mews over, trying to warm up his tongue. 'Ready when you are.'

(apologies if it seems like I'm rushing through or anything! )

he was more or less keeping track of how many he had caught, more focussed on how nice the view of the snow falling towards him made his brain feel.
garlicfeather declaring defeat pulled him out of his thoughts had had mostly felt like he was walking through clouds. very cold ones at that. but still, fluffy clouds.
"ha! i win!" he exclaimed and followed garlic towards the little ice spike things that appeared when it got cold sometimes.
he nodded along garlics new idea and then watched the other struggle to get his tongue unstuck while laughing at him without even a slimmer of shame.
"okay okay im ready" he declaired the contests start after picking a large dripping ice thing.
(rolled a 19) he got in a few good licks, counting up in his head ..5..6..7..no! a strangle gurgling sound escaped his throat when he tried to pull his tongue away but couldnt.
(rolled a 7) "-elp" he mewed, still trying to pull his tongue off but failing miserably. standing up on his hind legs he smacked the top of the icicle once (rolled a 20), therefore knocking it off the branch.
now free off the tree it didnt take long for him to be able to pull his tongue free.

(all good dw)

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; January 5th, 2024 at 02:38 PM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 03:05 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Quote:

he was more or less keeping track of how many he had caught, more focussed on how nice the view of the snow falling towards him made his brain feel.
garlicfeather declaring defeat pulled him out of his thoughts had had mostly felt like he was walking through clouds. very cold ones at that. but still, fluffy clouds.
"ha! i win!" he exclaimed and followed garlic towards the little ice spike things that appeared when it got cold sometimes.
he nodded along garlics new idea and then watched the other struggle to get his tongue unstuck while laughing at him without even a slimmer of shame.
"okay okay im ready" he declaired the contests start after picking a large dripping ice thing.
(rolled a 19) he got in a few good licks, counting up in his head ..5..6..7..no! a strangle gurgling sound escaped his throat when he tried to pull his tongue away but couldnt.
(rolled a 7) "-elp" he mewed, still trying to pull his tongue off but failing miserably. standing up on his hind legs he smacked the top of the icicle once (rolled a 20), therefore knocking it off the branch.
now free off the tree it didnt take long for him to be able to pull his tongue free.

(all good dw)
Garlic Feather
Garlic Feather let out a huff as he was laughed at for getting his tongue stuck, but personally he was very proud of how he got it unstuck, and lifted his chin a little before starting the moment the words ready was heard. the icicle he'd chosen wasn't as long as jay Frosts but that wasn't what the contest was for. He started licking and (rolled a 2 ) immediately got his tongue stuck again. With a hefty sigh tongue still stuck he noticed how he'd lost once more, he tried to get himself free of the wretched ice (Rolled a 10 ) And was moderately successful. It wasn't the most graceful thing to watch that's for sure. But when he'd found his freedom he burst into hysterical laughter the moment he saw Jay Frost suffering the same fate, he had to take a moment to catch his breath before he began laughing again, even if he'd lost he still got to see Jay Frost get their own tongue stuck. Finally catching his common sense, Garlic Feather sat down with a huff. 'Lost twice in a row. The stars are certainly not on my side today.' He'd mutter, but he didn't want to be any more humiliated by his own actions so he simply tried to warm himself up when he shuddered. The snow was getting heavier, much to his disliking, and he caught sight of something, prey? He took a moment to scent the air, but he couldn't really smell any prey just- 'Jay Frost? I think there's a bit of prey over there but- I can't really scent it.' He'd whisper over, just encase he was seeing things.

Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!

Last edited by Fritter; January 5th, 2024 at 03:07 PM.
Old January 5th, 2024, 03:16 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Garlic Feather
Garlic Feather let out a huff as he was laughed at for getting his tongue stuck, but personally he was very proud of how he got it unstuck, and lifted his chin a little before starting the moment the words ready was heard. the icicle he'd chosen wasn't as long as jay Frosts but that wasn't what the contest was for. He started licking and (rolled a 2 ) immediately got his tongue stuck again. With a hefty sigh tongue still stuck he noticed how he'd lost once more, he tried to get himself free of the wretched ice (Rolled a 10 ) And was moderately successful. It wasn't the most graceful thing to watch that's for sure. But when he'd found his freedom he burst into hysterical laughter the moment he saw Jay Frost suffering the same fate, he had to take a moment to catch his breath before he began laughing again, even if he'd lost he still got to see Jay Frost get their own tongue stuck. Finally catching his common sense, Garlic Feather sat down with a huff. 'Lost twice in a row. The stars are certainly not on my side today.' He'd mutter, but he didn't want to be any more humiliated by his own actions so he simply tried to warm himself up when he shuddered. The snow was getting heavier, much to his disliking, and he caught sight of something, prey? He took a moment to scent the air, but he couldn't really smell any prey just- 'Jay Frost? I think there's a bit of prey over there but- I can't really scent it.' He'd whisper over, just encase he was seeing things.

he once again rolled his eyes dramatically at the other toms hysterical laughter, noticing he had already done a lot of eye rolling today but not willing to stop being dramatic. he chuckled along for a bit and then let garlic calm down, smirking at the other when he admitted his second loss today.

"the stars are certainly not on your side today, i agree"

his tongue unstuck but cold he thought it a good idea to move on now, he still wasnt cold enough to protest continuing to hunt, even though the snow was getting heavier, making it harder to see.
he nodded, head held high and mouth slightly agape, trying to scent anything. he didnt get much apart from a faceful of snow.. but-

"it kind of smells like.. rabbit.. i guess. lets go check"

he whispered back and started slowly approaching the blur or dark fur he too had spotted.

━━━━━━━━
Old January 5th, 2024, 03:41 PM
The_legendairy_Cowstar

Quote:

he once again rolled his eyes dramatically at the other toms hysterical laughter, noticing he had already done a lot of eye rolling today but not willing to stop being dramatic. he chuckled along for a bit and then let garlic calm down, smirking at the other when he admitted his second loss today.

"the stars are certainly not on your side today, i agree"

his tongue unstuck but cold he thought it a good idea to move on now, he still wasnt cold enough to protest continuing to hunt, even though the snow was getting heavier, making it harder to see.
he nodded, head held high and mouth slightly agape, trying to scent anything. he didnt get much apart from a faceful of snow.. but-

"it kind of smells like.. rabbit.. i guess. lets go check"

he whispered back and started slowly approaching the blur or dark fur he too had spotted.
Garlic Feather

Garlic Feather crept over, it certainly did not look like it was moving, and the snow was getting harsher. Garlic Feather felt a moment of bizarre bewilderment at the sight, the rabbit wasn't moving at all. Garlic Feather gave it a light poke and he was almost sick when the realisation had a painfully slow occurrence. 'The Rabbits frozen-' He'd squeak the words, unable to manage any more volume to it. He slid down in pure terror. Maybe he was overreacting. Maybe he wasn't. But if that Rabbit had frozen up here, what was the chances of him ending up the same way? What if it happened to either of them? They needed to leave- very quickly. Or slowly, whichever didn't tire them out first. Garlic feather had to take a lengthy moment to calm himself once more and glance over to Jay Frost. 'I don't think it's smart to muck around here anymore, the snow is clearly getting heavier and if we get stuck up here- well. With such a long walk home, hopefully the answers obvious.' Garlic would sigh, maybe that frozen Rabbit was his kick to reality. Maybe something else but if anything? He didn't ever want to see anyone suffer such a slow death.'Maybe I'm overreacting.'

Rp tracker/Finder!
My Characters!
Old January 5th, 2024, 03:59 PM
revenge is a fools game

Quote:
Garlic Feather

Garlic Feather crept over, it certainly did not look like it was moving, and the snow was getting harsher. Garlic Feather felt a moment of bizarre bewilderment at the sight, the rabbit wasn't moving at all. Garlic Feather gave it a light poke and he was almost sick when the realisation had a painfully slow occurrence. 'The Rabbits frozen-' He'd squeak the words, unable to manage any more volume to it. He slid down in pure terror. Maybe he was overreacting. Maybe he wasn't. But if that Rabbit had frozen up here, what was the chances of him ending up the same way? What if it happened to either of them? They needed to leave- very quickly. Or slowly, whichever didn't tire them out first. Garlic feather had to take a lengthy moment to calm himself once more and glance over to Jay Frost. 'I don't think it's smart to muck around here anymore, the snow is clearly getting heavier and if we get stuck up here- well. With such a long walk home, hopefully the answers obvious.' Garlic would sigh, maybe that frozen Rabbit was his kick to reality. Maybe something else but if anything? He didn't ever want to see anyone suffer such a slow death.'Maybe I'm overreacting.'

close behind garlicfeather he wondered why the other tom had suddenly stopped before he too was able to make out what they had spotted.
he got up out of the crouch he had been in and watched as garlic nudged the dead, frozen body. he swallowed hard at the sight, this wasnt the first time he had seen prey dead, with no injuries, almost as if frozen in place, during leaf bare but he was sure he would never get used to the sudden cold the realisation shot through your body. suddenly cold and the fun they just had far, far away he couldnt hear anything but the roar of the wind and snow around his head and stare at the small rabbit. a million thoughts shot through his head, the worry about the kits in camp came first on a long list ending on garlicfeather and himself. far away from camp. in heavy snow. infront of a rabbit that had frozen to death.

"no.. no. no you're not overreacting we gotta get back to camp." he replied, words slow and unsure at first but picking up in urgency and tone after he got out of his thoughts and actually focussed on replying and their current situation.
he finally lifted his gaze off the rabbit, eyes flicking around the white hills surrounding them, the snow had picked up considerably and the rocky ground was entirely covered in a uncomfortably thick blanket of snow.
"i dont think we'd make it back in this weather." he muttered, eyes still scanning their environment while his thoughts were racing, trying to come up with a solution.
he shuddered, from the cold or fear he couldnt tell. maybe both. but he finally remembered something. maybe. maybe this could be their chance.
"i-.. i think we passed a old burrow or something earlier.. it didnt smell or look like anything lives there." he said, having to yell over the now considerably louder roaring of the wind and quickly started walking in the direction he remembered the burrow. maybe their only chance of survival. he was sure he wouldnt make it back to camp if they tried now, pelt soaked from the snow and shivering.

━━━━━━━━

Last edited by alec; January 5th, 2024 at 04:00 PM.
Closed Thread