When Heaven Closes
Last post by RavensCall
Today 03:51 AM

Old Yesterday, 06:44 PM
Still staring nervously

Bump Policy: Currently after 4 days!
My Mood: Dreaming

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Half her face stripped bare of its fur and scarred as cold wind hit the fresh blood that adorned her white fur send shivers down the shiver-named cats’ spine, hurrying just a pace behind Hawkbite as he carried little Fishkit, fighting through the dizzying pain she felt on herheace and that age-old wound on her shoulder, reopened at the fox’s claws.

But her attention was divided, pain rippling beneath her fur, but more importantly, eyes straining to watch Mossfreckle work his magic on her daughter. Her breath was caught in her throat, feeling sick to the stomach not from the blood but from the sheer reality of what had happened under her guard - of what could have happened to Moonkit, that one time - all because she had been sleeping, for once, a peaceful slumber. A once peaceful slumber. Only a blue eye was cracked open to watch the freckled mossy tom work from a distance while her yellow eye remained glued shut by the blood covering her face, a frank miracle neither eye had been damaged in the process, watching intently as Fishkit was tenderly tended to and wrapped in cobwebs.

‘’W…will she… be… a-alright?’’
Nightshiver finally spoke up with a broken, raspy mew after Mossfreckle stepped away from the kit, a part of her urging sob break down in tears at the fate that befall the kitten. But she had to remain strong, if anything not to distract Mossfreckle from tending to the kitten.

[ @Spider. @elio ]

Old Yesterday, 07:01 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Inspired

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

(alec said I could go ahead and post with Yewkit! Also, powerplay approved by Estelle!)

~ YEWKIT OF SHADOWCLAN ~

AFAB | SHE/HER | KIT | 1 MOON | JUST A SCRATCH | RAPID RECOVERY

Massive, long-furred, rich and fiery russet she-kit with dark colorpoints that fade at the edges and round, fiery amber eyes.

Character bio can be viewed here.

Image can be viewed here.

Yewkit stared at Plant-Cat, waiting for an answer. Then a scrumptious scent flooded into her nose. Her stomach gave a loud growl, water filled her mouth, and an excited squeak rose from her muzzle. "Food!" she yelped. She turned, stumbling over her own paws, and found a white she-cat with two different eyes approaching slowly and quietly. Yewkit was anything but slow and quiet as she stumbled toward the milk-scent, feeling weak with hunger and clumsy due to the poultices wrapped around her paws. Was the cat made of milk? Was that why she was white? Maybe this was Yewkit's new Mama, not Mama Badger!

Mama Milk lowered into a crouch, her voice low and gentle. Yewkit crashed into her, then immediately licked her shoulder. Aww. She didn't taste like milk. Right! Milk came from the belly! Yewkit needed milk!

But this cat was talking to her. And her name was... Night... sh... Wait, Yewkit knew that name! The others had been talking about her! So Bookfire didn't control the night. Wait, how was this cat the night? The night was black!

"Me Yewkit!" she mewed. "How you night? You white!" She giggled at how silly it sounded. "Night dark."

It was hard to focus with the scent of milk wreathing around her. The rich russet she-kit gave in to her hunger and slipped under the queen, butting at her belly. It was a lot brighter than Mama Cheeto's! And... there was no milk! What?! Yewkit backed out and blinked up at Nightsh... maybe Mama Nightsh would suffice. Yewkit had no idea what the last part of her name was. Anyway, she was sad. Maybe something more than that. It was the way Yewkit felt when Mama and Papa promised something and didn't give it to her.

Yewkit was strong! Big kits didn't cry! However, she felt tears welling up in her piercing amber eyes. That burning sensation, the way the world began to swim... she hated it. And that just made her more upset. She barely heard what Plant-Cat was telling Mama Nightsh.

"Me hun-gee! Want food! No fair!" Her darker, gradient-like tail began to swish behind her, stirring up herb-scented dust that tickled her nose. "Mama and Papa eat! When me eat?" She was fed up, but what if they were upset with her?! "Me strong!" she tried to defend herself.

Plant-Cat said something about milk, then about following Mama Nightsh. Mama Nightsh was gonna take care of her, but where was the food?! Yewkit wasn't sure if she liked this new place anymore.

@alec [Rookfire] @elio [Mossyfreckle] @Estelle [Nightshiver]

Want a short story written for you? Click this link!