Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > RiverClan

Notice
Please make sure to read this important policy change and reminder!

Check out WCO's first ever short story contest!
Allegiances
ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cat: Wolfpaw
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader: Stormstar
Deputy: Owltalon
Medicine Cat: Berryshine
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Cobwebfern

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Crowtooth
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: Rabbitpaw
Recent Threads
Rp finder
by Red'fur
Last post by Red'fur
Today 07:58 PM
Give The Character Above A...
Last post by korok
Today 07:57 PM
Word Association
Last post by finley !!
Today 07:57 PM
Hollowkit finder
Last post by DaUwULord
Today 07:48 PM
Song Requests
by Fawn
Last post by Beaan
Today 07:37 PM

Old February 17th, 2024, 11:28 AM
that's very noice!

Bump Policy: 3 days [1 if time sensitive]
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Dusklion
She/her | 25 moons | RiverClan Warrior
[ Shadow Fiend • Go with the Flow • Beefed Up T3 ]
As Cobs joined the patrol and head-butted her, Dusklion let out a purr and ruffled the kids head with her paw. "'Course I can, kiddo! Land huntin' 's pretty easy; once you get the basics down, you'll be bringin' home quite the big catches in no time!" With a swish of her tail the dark tabby lead her patrol out towards the thicket.

It brought back memories being here; the dogs that had ravaged their dead, destroyed this part of the territory - how they had crashed into camp due to the incompetency of their high ranks at the time. A bolt of frustration shot through her as she recalled it. "Lionstorm would've never..." she muttered under her breath with a shake of her head.

Tearing her gaze away from the mounds where her fallen Clanmates rested, Dusk glanced at Fluttercove. "Hey Flutters, make sure to call if you get into trouble or see anything suspicious. I'm gonna teach Cobs a few of the basics." Looking now to Cobs, she grinned. "First things' first is the hunter's crouch. Now, we might need to think about alternatives because of your leg, but let's try it first before we get to that okay?"

To demonstrate the tabby slid into hunter's crouch and stalked forward a paw step or two, glancing back at Cobs.

[ @Dyna Fox @finley.exe ]

please do not mention me at the skyridge ♥
"always find me, yeah? i'm not gonna leave you behind."
stormstar is riverclan's leader; she has an open den policy!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingriverclan leader's den
Old February 19th, 2024, 02:57 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Melody
She/Her

Two soft front paws pressed into the grass, their owner's blue-yellow eyes still wide with wonder, even hours after she'd left the one place she'd called home in... forever. Melody stared up at the trees that surrounded her. She had no clue where she was, or what she was looking for, exactly. Her paws were tired - she'd never walked so far. Being a kittypet to an old lady whose only movement was from her bed to her garden did not give Melody much reason for wandering.

The classic tabby sighed, slumping down with a groan filled to the brim with weariness. Everything was sore. She was so soreeeeee (yes, with all the e's). "Flowers, save me." Melody grumbled, planting her face in the soil beside her paws.

She wanted to go home, but that wasn't an option anymore. Melody had waited and waited and waited for her upwalker to wake up, to get out of bed, to give her her food. But time had passed, and the room had just started smelling worse and worse - and Melody had been getting hungrier and hungrier. So she'd done the only thing she could. She'd squirmed her way out of the backdoor catflap and out into the wild.

Melody had never been outside her home. She'd been bought as a kitten by the nice old upwalker lady. Greta, the old lady's name was, or that was what Melody called her. They'd lived alone, the two of them, for around two years - until now. Now, Melody was truly alone. She still didn't realize it, though. Perhaps her upwalker was sick, she tried to convince herself, even if a part of her subconscious shook its head and sighed at her denials.

As if on cue, Melody's stomach grumbled loudly. She was alone, and hungry. The starved classic tabby blinked warily up at the sky as the wind whistled through the trees, bringing the unmistakable scent of cat with it. Melody perked up immediately, eyes growing round with hope, and she lifted a paw to the sprig of wisteria tucked behind her ear, from Greta's hard-won garden. "Hello? Carnations and blooms, is anyone there?" Melody whipped her head around from the ground in a random direction. "Please tell me someone is there, I need help. I'm going to feel really silly if it turns out I'm talking to myself."

[ semi-open ; vm/dm/lmk before posting. powerplay perms are given to tackle/pin her - and she won't fight back most likely. the end goal is for Melody to join RC eventually, so whoever interacts with her -- try not to scare her off lol ]

So paint me the villain, make me a martyr.
Old February 19th, 2024, 03:05 PM
a lot like the joker

Bump Policy: 48 hours [ please provide link ]

ᗢ cobwebpaw ᗢ

purrks ; the collector , herbal knowledge tier 2
she/they . rc . 14 moons . one lame leg . tags ; @Tiabirb , @Rose [ perms were given to begin this /info ]

[ 105 / 200 ]

trigger warnings for this post: none
cobwebpaw's claws sunk into the ground as she and sweet padded out to the thicket. ' sweetsong, if you see any cobwebs n moss, we're gonna need em for cuts 'n stuff. ' she purred to the other cat, tail-tip twitching as the two looked around.

cobwebfern is riverclan’s medicine cat apprentice !
she and berryshine have a semi-closed den policy .

request healingmedicine den
cobwebfernmed info
trackers
my character's thoughts and actions do not reflect my own <3
Old February 19th, 2024, 03:22 PM
Why bother?

My Mood: Inspired

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her
Purrk(s): Herbal Knowledge T1/ Flock Together T1
-------------------------------------------------

She strolled beside Cobwebpaw, purring deeply to herself. Did she ever not purr? She couldn't remember. Since the day she had been born, she was purring with a simple happiness. Her eyes, the color of spring in its prime, flashed down to Cobwebpaw. "Cobwebs and moss, very well darling." She mewed, and she smiled, "Plenty of cuts left to heal..goodness we need more herb patrols don't we?" She said, allowing a tinge or worry to enter her demeanor, her tone.

But then the dark cloud was gone, and she perked up, tail lifting high as she began to sing softly, skipping forward as she went off to search for herbs.
"The sun is shining and the grass is green!; The birds are singing in harmony!; I wake up knowing that you're here with me!; Thank you for this brand new day!~"

The song continued on, a melody carried on the winds. But so too did a voice carry to her, and her song faltered, her ears pricked, and she went rigid as an unfamiliar scent touched her little pink nose.
"Cobwebpaw?" She called out over her shoulder, but her curiosity was getting the better of her. She turned to face the direction the voice had come, her gaze wide and moonlike. "Hello? Who is that?" Sweetsong called to the stranger, "Who is there? Sh-Show yourself?" The command was not in the slightest commanding or threatening, and Sweetsong stayed rooted to the spot, waiting.

@finley.exe @Rose

Last edited by Tiabirb; February 19th, 2024 at 03:23 PM.
Old February 19th, 2024, 04:01 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Melody
She/Her

Relief. Sweet, utter relief. That was what Melody felt when she heard the voice. The scrawny classic hopped to her paws, eyes widening even further as she whirled around, making out the shapes of two cats. "Hello!" Melody trilled, voice buoyant with happiness. "Heavenly hyacinths! I thought I was going to perish out here and never see another friendly face again." The light-brown female laughed, the sound laced with delight and newfound respite.

Yellow-flecked eyes darted between the newcomers with barely restrained curiosity. How had these two come to be together? Were they related? Friends? Parent and child? Had they stumbled upon one another like they'd stumbled upon her? Melody had so many questions, each flitting through her brain faster than she could voice them. "My name is Melody." She blurted finally, tail lashing excitedly. "Who are you?"

[ @finley.exe / @Tiabirb ]

Old February 20th, 2024, 12:46 PM
a lot like the joker

ᗢ cobwebpaw ᗢ

she/they . rc . 14 moons . one lame leg . tags ; @Tiabirb , @Rose

[ 106 / 200 ]

cobwebpaw blinked, registered the situation, then ran to sweetsong's side. face full of confusion at the demeanor of the strange-smelling cat, she trilled a reply. ' my name's cobwebpaw. and this is sweetsong! we're riverclanners.. is your name just melody? oh my gosh- are you not a clan cat?! '

it was like a switch had flipped, and cobweb started bouncing around the outsider. ' you're not from the clans, right? where do you come from? ' well, bouncing was a subjective word. more like dragging her leg around while trying to jump.

cobwebfernmed info
trackers
Old February 20th, 2024, 01:27 PM
Why bother?

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her

Her eyes took in the stranger. Not a Clan cat, that was for certain. In fact, they seemed soft and nervous, even a little lost. Sweetsong's gaze flickered to Cobwebpaw, amused by the apprentice's excited questioning and odd hoppity dance.

"Now Cobwebpaw," She purred, "Give the lass a chance to reply," Her tone was teasing and warm, and she finally moved, padding up to Melody. "StarClan shines mercifully upon you, Melody. Had it been anyone else from our Clan, you would have not been so fortunate." The pale ginger and white she-cat murmured. "That being said, what business have you here, darling? Are you lost?" She sniffed at Melody's shoulder, recognizing the soft scent of-

"Oh, a kittypet? You are quite a way from your nest, aren't you darling?" Her eyes glowed with a soft worry, "Why?"

@Rose @finley.exe

Last edited by Tiabirb; February 20th, 2024 at 01:28 PM.
Old February 20th, 2024, 02:07 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Melody
She/Her

The youngster's excitement was contagious, Melody decided as her tail began to lash with enthusiasm. "Cob..web...paaaw?" Melody repeated slowly, rolling her tongue around the syllables. Lime-flecked blue eyes drifted to the beautiful orange tabby at Cobwebpaw's side. "Oh," Melody gushed in surprise. How had she not noticed before? She couldn't possibly not say something now. "You're very pretty... er, Sweet? Song?" Feeling rather proud of herself for being able to properly repeat the mouthful-names, Melody puffed out her chest.

Except, Cobwebpaw's next jumble of words only served to confuse Melody even more than before. "River... clams?" What? Or at least, that was what Melody was assuming Cobwebpaw had said, because what was a Clan? Melody had only seen a clam once before, when Greta had been eating it, but... "I know what rivers are! I saw one a while ago." She beamed at her companions, and then that smile disappeared as she shuddered. "I had to walk around it, though. The water was so quick - I can barely stand outside in the rain." Melody laughed softly at her own expense.

She perked up again as Sweetsong's words took root in her mind. "What's a kittypet?" Melody asked, squinting. "Is it like a... a pet? I have a pet! Well... I had one. Her name was Greta. She walked on her hindlegs and used her paws for..." Melody trailed off, mouth falling open with wonder, getting distracted as a butterfly flitted past.

Wait, had Sweetsong said StarClan? There was that... Clan word again, mentioned twice, and this time Melody couldn't pretend she'd misheard. "Um... what was I saying?" Melody's stomach chose that moment to grumble loudly, and the former kittypet flushed with embarrassment at her hunger. "Oh, dear me, that's really humiliating. Um..." She fumbled for words, feeling rather flustered. "I am lost, I fear I have been lost for a while. But... what's a... Clan? A Star..Clan? River clams- I mean, Clans? Huh?"

[ @finley.exe - Cobwebpaw / @Tiabirb - Sweetsong ]

Old February 20th, 2024, 02:16 PM
a lot like the joker

ᗢ cobwebpaw ᗢ

she/they . rc . 14 moons . one lame leg . tags ; @Tiabirb , @Rose

[ 108 / 200 ]

' sorry. ' cobwebpaw slowed down, settling herself down and sitting, sticking her lame leg out to the side. ' okay so- well, a kittypet is you, apparently, a cat who comes from an upwalker- sorry- twoleg nest. and a clan is a buncha cats all together. we come from riverclan, which is.. a clan by the river. obviously. ' she winced as her leg twitched painfully.

cobwebfernmed info
trackers
Old February 20th, 2024, 04:01 PM
Why bother?

Sweetsong
34 Moons
She/Her

Had this kittypet just...complimented her? Sweetsong let out a tiny gasp, dropping her gaze as she pawed with a sudden, new interest at a tiny stalk of dried grass, "Th-Thank you, Melody...you're rather lovely to look at yourself..."
Had she just complimented back? Oh heavens she was so glad that only Cobwebpaw was here to witness that....her ears burned so much from a timid embarrassment as she let Cobwebpaw explain, as best as she could.

Her eyes caught the butterfly as well, and she watched it with a full attentiveness, her head bobbing and moving with the flippity flap of its wings. Her gaze finally rested on Melody again, and she waved her tail around as she took a seat, folding her tail over her small white paws.
"There are many Clans. Shadow, Wind, Thunder, River and Star. Each Clan is special, unique, and powerful in their own ways, and we strive to create a balance in our lives, even if they are chaotic and...not quite peaceful in methods of attaining said balance." Sweetsong murmured.

"We are from RiverClan," She gave Cobwebpaw an approving nod, "where we swim, fish and live close to our namesake. The other Clans live in territories suited best for them, but we like our lovely river." She giggled, though she became a bit more somber as she continued, "But StarClan are our ancestors, where the our dead go when they complete their time walking this earth." She murmured.

The idea of a cat keeping a Twoleg for a pet was...well she was a tad unsure how to wrap her head around that. "A pet Twoleg? Truly? Well, normally, we of the Clans stay far from Twolegs. Odd creatures, even if misunderstood." She said sympathetically, "How does one make a Twoleg a pet? Oh! No don't answer that...it's a dangerous topic..." She cast a nervous glance around, "Warrior Code says all warriors reject the soft life of a kittypet...but...is there harm in learning a little of the world outside our dens and borders?" She looked at Cobwebpaw, as if asking what she would think, a second opiniom. If they chatted about kittypet life...were they entertaining the notion of..becoming kittypets themselves?

@Rose @finley.exe

Last edited by Tiabirb; February 20th, 2024 at 04:01 PM.