Old November 11th, 2023, 08:04 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: ShadowClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist Kitsune View Post

| Silverlark |
Shadow Fiend - Inactive | Just a Scratch - Inactive | Beefed Up [Tier 3] - Inactive

Verdant eyes instantly alight as Sir Bits took to his modification of the challenge, the muscular tom stomped his paws excitedly on the marshy soil in glee before stopping, realizing that was perhaps not the best way to ensure there would be prey around. Oops. Look. It was fine. Everything was fine. If anything, it added to the challenge! And anything that added to the challenge was just making this even more funner! Victory!

"I gotcha, I gotcha! No empty paws!" Silverlark chirped happily, his brow furrowed in a focused yet joyful expression.

Muscles already tense in anticipation, the silver throated enforcer stood besides his friend - would it be alright to call him a friend... he certainly hoped so - turning a playful grin towards him as he attempted to exchange a quick glance before focusing on the task once more. Lowering himself as if preparing to sprint, the gray tom's tail mimicked his companion's, an obvious playfulness in his stance. Yes, he obviously was going to attempt to catch something. It was in the rules! The tom was a stickler for those. He knew how to have fun even with them in place. But in a challenge? Oh, there he would make sure to follow them doubly so. It was they that made the task at paw all that more exciting, after all! A small chortle escaping him as Hawkbite gave him the honors to begin the race, he settled properly into position before beginning his announcement.

"Paws at the ready!" the young warrior started, crouching down as he spread his feet for balance. "Get set.... Go!"

@SuspiciousMindz [Hawkbite]
| So, I rolled to see how well his start would be, and he rolled abysmally low. Added to that the fact that he is usually not the fastest cat ever, feel free to have Hawkbite leave him in the dust! |

[Hawkbite]

The Enforcer was ready to go. He was crouched, tensed, and waiting for the signal to run. When that very moment happened, Hawkbite sprang forward, his longer legs covering distance faster than Silverlark's legs could. "Watch the expert conquer this mission!" Hawkbite called over his shoulder, not thinking about the prey he could've scared. He disappeared into the undergrowth, determined to win this.

After a few strides, the Enforcer crouched down and went absolutely still and silent. His green eyes searched for any type of prey. Finally, he settled on a sparrow nearby. Cautiously, the tom crept forward, springing in attempt to catch the prey.

[Hawk rolled 11]

Success! Just barely though. Unfortunately, the hunt took a little longer than he wanted which slowed him down. Once caught, Hawkbite stood up, pinpointing the direction of camp before darting off towards it. Silverlark might've been ahead of him already, but with the scent of sparrow so strong in his nose, he wasn't sure where the younger tom was.

[Hawk rolled 14]

With the slow down in the hunt, Hawkbite was able to race towards the camp to make up for the lost time. He paused at the entrance, looking around for Silverlark. If he wasn't already inside the camp, he was sure he'd catch him running up towards the entrance.

Characters | Enforcer Regulations

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old November 12th, 2023, 05:23 AM
I'VE BEEN UNLEASHED!

Bump Policy: once every 5 days - 2 if time sensitive
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
Larkfire
She/Her | The Wraith
Shadow Fiend & Beefed Up (T1) Purrk

Utterly dumbfounded. That was the best words Larkfire could use to describe herself in that moment. Stunned beyond measures and unable to formulate a proper response to the bombshell Darkfall had just thrown her way. Darkfall.

But let us rewind, shall we? Rewind back to how and why she'd ended up in this situation in the first place;
It was odd, for her heart to flutter so. For her gaze to get so stuck on just .. watching Darkfall that she was unable to look away. His laughter filled her with warmth, a pleased blush spreading over her cheeks, happy to have been the cause for Darkfall portraying such joy. "I never said I knew how to do it." Her retort held no bite at all.

In fact, it leaned more towards a friendly gibe. Oh, how fickle the heart could be. Angered and distraught one moment, soft and loving and fragile the next.

Loving?! Oh, goodness no, Larkfire was most definitely not in love, not with.. Darkfall of all cats. Her brain had firmly locked down on that fact. But did the heart ever listen to the brain? Silently, the young enforcer watched as her companion wove.. a contraption of sorts. It was amusing to see how much seriousness Darkfall put into the task. He... it was nice of him, to listen to her idiotic whims and not laugh at her for it.

'That looks like a bird's nest.' Larkfire had been moments from saying this, to poke him with another teasing remark, to see how he would react -- but she fell silent when he turned to face her, his expression solemn and serious as ever.

And just like that, her heart darkened. It seemed to wither from the inside, shriveling in pain at the phantom echo of what she'd felt when Darkfall had outright abandoned her. Yet, there was a spark of hope that lit, one that could not be dissipated, as he continued on. Funny, how one moment it was possible for her heart to shrink with pain and longing, and then bloom with hope and anticipation the next. That was the way of the heart, she supposed.
But now, back to the present. Back to here and now, Larkfire sat in eerie silence, staring at Darkfall through wide amber eyes. Somewhere along the way, Darkfall had fallen quiet too, as he was done speaking and was waiting for a reply. Alas, Larkfire was too stupified to do anything, so she sat there staring at him like an idiot for a minute or two before realizing her blunder; ah yes, Darkfall couldn't hear her racing internal thought-process. For all he knew, she was on the verge of rejecting him.

Though now that she thought about it... really, she wanted to get payback for what he'd done to her, but what if her teasing came across wrongly? No, their relationship was too fragile, was too much like walking on shards of glass, for her to mess with it now.

So instead, mouth tipping downward slightly, Larkfire stepped closer. And then, well, er... she kind of may have mayhaps lifted her paw and smacked his chest. "That's what you get for leaving me." The young Queen grumbled, and then not a moment later; "And this," She practically tackled him, then, front two limbs wrapping around his neck, face buried against his fur. "Is because I'm sorry I hit you just now."

She smiled into his fur, amused. Hey, she could get used to the fact that Darkfall's mere presense seemed to chase away the sharp bite of an oncoming winter. Leaning back a tad, Larkfire blinked up at her.. her.. her.. gah, she couldn't even say it, but the thought made her giddy. "What I... I meant to say, is; Yes, I'll- I'll have you."

Darkfall

Shadow Fiend: Inactive | Beefed Up (T3)

The silence was deafening. Darkfall couldn’t help the unease that filled him while Larkfire stared at him. Had he messed up? Had he suggested this too early? Was she going to say no?

Well… he couldn’t blame her if she did say no. After all, he did kind of leave her without warning, and he wasn’t quite sure if she ever forgave him for that. They were speaking now, a bit more regularly but nothing compared to where they were before. Every once in a while Darkfall caught her staring at him the way he stared at her, but he was unable to determine what emotions were held behind those amber orbs. The younger enforcer was just hard to read like that.

When Larkfire started to approach him, the young tom started panicking.

Uh oh.

Her lips were turned into a slight frown, and- Oh great mother in StarClan! Was she raising a paw? Flinching slightly, he closed his eyes and braced himself for impact.

It had been little more than a slight smack to his chest. "That's what you get for leaving me." She said. Bewildered, the black tabby opened his eyes right as the she-cat pounced upon him. Caught off guard, he fell over — her on top him in a brief unceremonious flailing of limbs. He sat there stiffly until she wrapped her paws around his neck and said she was sorry. Can you believe it? Larkfire said she was sorry for hitting him. Crazy, right!?

Relaxing a bit at the words, the large tom couldn’t help the small chuckle that escaped him. She had no idea how scared she made him just now! He thought he was in for a world of hurt, but she was just being a bit silly. A slight smile played at his lips despite his attempts to keep his face serious. It had been a long time since he saw this side of her, something that had become a bit of a rarity in recent moons and was a stark contrast to her generally stoic demeanor. It was kind of like living far away from your hometown, but when you come to visit, your mother makes you your favorite dessert homemade. That’s how he felt about her silliness.

His heart skipped a beat when she leaned back to look up into his eyes. Gosh, she was so beautiful. The deep amber of her eyes was just something he could never not appreciate. They were gorgeous, and he found himself staring at his own reflection in them. Perfect. That’s what she was. Absolutely, utterly perfect. His ears perked and attention shifted when she began speaking, not wanting to miss a single word.

"What I... I meant to say, is; Yes, I'll- I'll have you."

Azure blue orbs lit up at those words, and his mouth hung open as he looked at her. This was it, the moment he had been waiting for for what felt like his whole life. Larkfire was his… his… you know... His mate!

Darkfall’s wide-hanging mouth quickly turned into the brightest grin he ever had, accompanied by a deep rumbling purr. He was so very happy, however, he remembered the other reason why he dragged her out here and he stuck out his tongue playfully before gently napping her on the top of her head with a paw.

”That's for scaring me half to death in the Icy Heartlands-” he said, followed by one more ”- and that one is for sneaking off to the battle when you should’ve been in the nursery resting.” He then wrapped his paws around his new mate and hugged her to him tightly. ”Don't ever scare me like that again. I don’t know what I’d have done if I lost you before I could tell you how I felt.” he mumbled into her fur ”Maybe I want to scare you sometime. Did you ever think of that? You’re always so… reckless,” he growled playfully. Honestly, he was a bit upset with his new mate’s decisions lately, but that was in the past and he was willing to move on from that now that he told her how he felt.

Darkfall took a deep breath, inhaling her scent happily. He could get used to this, he couldn’t wait for he to leave the nursery and join him in the warrior’s den. Perhaps they could share a nest? Well, they’d cross that path when they got there. Not wanting to let go, he smiled softly before saying ”I’ll never leave you again, Larky. I promise.”

He’d keep this promise, he’d make sure of it. Anything less would be a disservice to him, and a disservice to her and he wasn’t planning on doing anything to break her heart again. What he did before was just too cruel, and seeing her look at him with that distrust… he couldn’t handle something like that again. It wasn’t necessarily an “I love you”, but he felt that this, in a way, carried more weight to it. His love for her was obvious, it was just up to him to prove it through his actions.

He’d always remember this moment for as long as he lived. It was peak Leaf-fall. A season he once loved because of the pretty colors and fallen leaves and had grown to hate because of all the loss he experienced in the last year, finally had a reason for him to love it again. Leaf-fall may have been the season he’d lost his family, but it was also the one in which he gained a new one, one that he’d make sure to always cherish with every fiber of his being. The Darkforest itself wouldn’t be able to pry her from him, and he’d be damned before he let anything come between them again. He wasn’t going to let Larkfire go again. Never ever.
[ @/Rose Hope this was worth the wait ]

Little Disclaimer: I live in EST (UTC-5) and my sleep schedule is completely messed up, so posts may be erratic
My Characters

Basic Cat Genetics|Dark's Collection of VAs|
My OC Q&A!
velli lurked here
Old November 12th, 2023, 08:15 AM

My Mood: Lonely

Darkflame was in a hunter's crouch, stalking slowly toward a thrush. She heard Risingstorm pad by and thought better, quickly pouncing and killing it before the bird could escape. She picked it up in her jaws and caught up to Risingstorm. "Watch where you're putting your paws," her mew muffled by the thrush. "You'll be scaring all the prey out of the forest!"
Old November 12th, 2023, 04:30 PM
brain dead

Bump Policy: 24 hours (literally whenever idc)
My Mood: Busy

Hawkgrowl shuffled forward, eyes scanning his surroundings, although the chance that he would see prey before he smelled or heard it was minuscule. He wanted to impress this enforcer, so he kept his eyes and ears trained. Parting his jaws, he tasted the air, wishing for prey to appear. Stars by his side, it did. He smelled the vole just before he heard it crashing through the bushes. It must be desperate for food, the racket it was making. Eyes trained in the direction from where he could hear the small bird, he crept forward, getting into the hunter's crouch. He took one more second to come closer before leaping, attempting to trap the vole between his paws. The prey in speaking noticed the large warrior and fluttered its wings desperately in hopes of fleeing. Hawkgrowl panicked suddenly, the vole was escaping from a tiny sliver in his paws. He reached forward, grabbing it with a paw and smashing it down, crushing its tiny skull. Satisfied, he turned around, presenting his catch and hoping that Hawkbite hadn't seen his mistake.

@SuspiciousMindz
Credit to the one and only @Cinnamon~
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!
Old November 12th, 2023, 04:55 PM
Just A Fossil

[Hawkbite]

Respectful as he could be, the tom crouched down when Hawkgrowl took lead on the hunt. Something had caught his attention and the Enforcer paused in his tracks to let the warrior creep forward. He wasn't sure what he was seeing or smelling, but he waited. Waited until Hawkgrowl stood back up with the prey in his jaws. From the sounds of the rustling, he might've had to work a little harder catch it. Hm.

Hawkbite rose to his paws and gave the warrior a small nod of approval. "The clan can benefit from that," he complimented while giving his disheveled pelt a shake and turning a little bit away from Hawkgrowl. "I'll be right back" he spoke, stalking off into the undergrowth.

[Hawkbite rolled 9]

Just as he had promised, Hawkbite returned, but not with prey. His expression said it all. He had gotten so close to the catch, but couldn't quite get it. He was irritated. He was tired. He tried though.

"We can both give it one more shot if you'd like. At least bring back two pieces," Hawkbite sighed eventually, gesturing towards the undergrowth. This was a signal for Hawkgrowl to go again.

@The-Almighty-Sleekster

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; November 12th, 2023 at 04:55 PM.
Old November 12th, 2023, 07:25 PM
brain dead

Hakwgrowl tried not to flinch when he saw Hawkbite's dismissive gaze as usual, as if he hadn't a care in the world, but straightened up a little with pride at the compliment. He stayed back, making sure not to make any noise while Hakwbite went after some prey himself. He was surprised when the warrior returned, empty-pawed, but scolded himself, reminding himself that being a great warrior wasn't just about hunting. He was at a loss for words, he didn't want to sound scornful, but didn't want to seem like cheery bubbly guy, so he settled for a, "Unlucky. You'll get it next time." Hoping that was good, he continued, taking the lead once more. After trekking through the woods for a short amount of time, small twitching sounds alerted him. He stopped in his tracks, straining his ears to identify the source and where it was coming from. Suddenly, a smell struck his senses as he noticed two mice (fighting?) for a nut on the ground. They both were mangly and thin, but it would be enough for one cat. He slowly signaled with his tail to Hawkbite pointing at the quarreling mice, but he was sure Hawkbite had noticed by now. The mice seemed to have quieted down already, as though they could feel the looming presence of two humongous predators nearby. Hawkgrowl, not wanting to let up this perfect opportunity, leapt for them, trying to trap them both. Unfortunately, he had gone for too much and they slipped out of his grasp. After a tiny sliver of hesitation he decided to let one go, hoping Hawkbite would chase after it. He, himself, leapt as far as he could for the mouse that was closer to him, catching its tail barely. The mouse in speaking, realized it had no other option, so it wheeled around and bit him. Yelping from shock, he leaped back, watching with frustration as the mouse ran out of reach into the bushes. "Starclan dammit!" he yelled, cursing himself for his idiocracy. He turned around, hoping Hawkbite had better luck.

(sorry i forgot to input the dice roll from before, but i use a 20 dice and i had rolled a 4, barely caught. for this one, i got a 16, barely missed.)

@SuspiciousMindz
Check this out!- my rp on a wolf pack. Major roles include- General, Alpha, Beta, Gazer, and Healer!
Old November 12th, 2023, 07:53 PM
Just A Fossil

[Hawkbite]

No words might've been better than what Hawkgrowl spoke. The irritation was once more running up his spine, but he shrugged it off and followed after the warrior once more. Just as if they were asking to get caught, the Enforcer also saw the mice ahead of them. Hawkgrowl leapt and missed, but Hawkbite dove for the other that slipped his grasp.

[Hawkbite rolled 18]

His paws hit the mouse, claws digging into the rodent with ease. This time he was more determined not to miss. He couldn't get shown up by Hawkgrowl! His more competitive side came through despite his poor attitude. He picked the mouse up and turned towards Hawkgrowl, seeing he had missed his catch this time. "It was a good try," the Enforcer spoke, swishing his tail.

@The-Almighty-Sleekster

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; November 12th, 2023 at 07:53 PM.
Old November 12th, 2023, 09:09 PM
you're in terrible danger

Bump Policy: N/A
My Mood: Inspired

Moondust stretched her legs out in the territory, taking in the earthy scent of the pines.

Pixel by Zombhood on DA
Old November 13th, 2023, 03:12 PM
brain dead

Hawkgrowl's claws unsheathed themselves and he dug them into the ground at Hawkbite's words. 'It was a good try,' he had said. But not good enough. Forcing a smile and gritting his teeth, he said roughly, "Thanks." Trying not to show his anger, he forced his fur to lie flat as he sheathed his claws and pulled them out from the ground, shaking his paws to get the dirt off. "So, wanna head back now?" If they were to go back, he would have to pick up the vole that he had caught earlier. He stood up taller, half flexing his muscles for Hawkbite to see that he was strong and a good fighter. Realization hit him and he untensed, cursing himself. Hawkbite had to have noticed how obvious that was. Dammit! Now he would never be an Enforcer. His thoughts spiraled back to Softpaw. His only purpose in life was to keep her safe. Shaking himself back to the present, he enveloped a solemn manner, looking back up towards Hawkbite, awaiting a response.

@SuspiciousMindz

Last edited by Sleek; November 13th, 2023 at 03:13 PM.
Old November 15th, 2023, 09:46 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

The apprentice seemed to perk up slightly at her words, a bit more confident now in his failure. Stormeye's words were somewhat reassuring and he nodded quickly as she informed him to crouch low. Rushingpaw did as instructed, though kept a firm, focused gaze on his mentor. It was like a hawk watching a piece of prey - unblinking. Intense.

"Crouch down," He echoed softly, "Then stalk until tail-lengths away, then-" He stopped as Stormeye's addressed him, tilting his head to the side in thought, "Downwind?" He narrowed his eyes slightly, the cogs in his brain turning viciously. "Because... Uhm... OH!" He seemed to perk up, "So they don't smell you?!"

[ @Spider-in-the-corner - Stormeyes ]

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; November 15th, 2023 at 09:47 AM.