Old December 17th, 2023, 02:54 AM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: Sleepy Thicket

Adderpaw
Determined, Loyal, Lawful Good
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderpaw had already found a pile of moss but she saw all the others gathering more. Well maybe one pile wasn't enough anyways. So she wondered around looking for more moss that she could gather up. She wasn't as successful as the others but was able to obtain some more moss.
3 moss gained, total 4 moss clumps
sorry passed out before being able to finish my post! I did make her collect moss before this area tho

@endlesshax @clarice. @redshiftreign
Old December 18th, 2023, 08:56 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLostAmongTheStars View Post
Adderpaw
Determined, Loyal, Lawful Good
“One day I’ll be the greatest warrior of all the clans!”

Adderpaw had already found a pile of moss but she saw all the others gathering more. Well maybe one pile wasn't enough anyways. So she wondered around looking for more moss that she could gather up. She wasn't as successful as the others but was able to obtain some more moss.
3 moss gained, total 4 moss clumps
sorry passed out before being able to finish my post! I did make her collect moss before this area tho

@endlesshax @clarice. @redshiftreign
Quote:
Originally Posted by endlesshax View Post
APPRENTICE, Echopaw (he/him)
7/100

Following Rushwater's lead, Echopaw grabbed as much as he could handle from the substantial patch, and padded back following him.

+5 moss

@clarice. (birdsnow) @redshiftreign (rushwater) @TheLostAmongTheStars (adderpaw)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshiftreign View Post

rushwater and the patrol made their way to the thicket with relative ease. scanning the area, he made quick work of finding moss.

[nat 20 rolled for moss collection! critical success.]

he was pleased to find he was correct, and that the moss was plentiful here. he cut away a sizeable clump and picked up all he could carry, rather satisified with his haul.
[+5 moss]
[speedrun time since its due tonight ]

(collector purrk activated)

Birdsnow padded away from the group, eyeing a very mossy rock in particular. Slitting the moss with her dagger-sharp claws, she peeled it off the rock and rolled it into bundles. Eventually, she had six bundles and her mouth was a little full but she squeezed in oneeee more, totalling at seven. Grabbing the moss bundles, she hurried back to her patrol with a smile and a nod,hoping to wordlessly communicate that she was done.

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit
Old December 20th, 2023, 01:45 PM
Elliot ^_^

Bump Policy: ♡ 48 hrs!
My Mood: Chatty

r i p p l e p e l t
she/her - 120 moons - RiverClan - lesbian - tags; @celeste
Ripplepelt padded quietly through RiverClan territory, heading towards Sleepy Thicket. Ghost stories or no ghost stories, prey was prey. If anything, the hunting was easier here. Prey in this part of the territory seemed a little less frightened of them since cats were so reluctant to hunt here, though that might've been her imagination. She opened her mouth to let the scents of the territory wash over her.

"It seems like the sun has brought some prey out as well," she murmured, scenting more prey than she'd been growing used to. Ripplepelt dropped into a crouch, zeroing in on a shrew snuffling around on the ground for bugs.

[roll to catch: 19]
Ripplepelt darted forward low to the ground, wasting no time in catching her prey. She quickly kicked some earth over it, looking around for something else to catch.

"Have you done much hunting?" she asked Mistypaw, keeping her ears pricked for prey as she spoke. "I'm more of a fish-catching cat myself, but I can certainly teach you the basics if you need."
Old December 20th, 2023, 04:31 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours

Mistypaw

image credit to @/aspen.

riverclan apprentice | 35 moons | mind reader: perm active

The tabby shecat followed Ripplepelt at a steady pace. Where were they going? After a while, Mistypaw could make out the landmarks of Sleepy Thicket. Stormtalon. The first story he told me. It was still fresh in her mind. Little Mistykit talking to the big warrior Stormtalon who told her ghost stories. But she wasn't scared of ghosts. After all she'd been through, ghost stories were the least scary thing to her. Wasn't Stormtalon a ghost too now? She'd been one herself, and Birdsnow too, at some point. So ghosts weren't scary! Well, if the rumours about headless Hawkstar were true that was a tiny bit creepy but that seemed fake.

Misty nodded at Ripplepelt's comment about the weather. "Yeah, it's a really nice day considering it's leafbare," she replied. The molly observed Ripple catch something, trying to memorize the strategy. At the warrior's question, she shook her head. "I only know the crouch, but I've never actually tried it on prey. I haven't done the crouch in a while though, I might need a little refresher," she mewed.

@lesbianism

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old December 20th, 2023, 08:45 PM
Elliot ^_^

r i p p l e p e l t
"Refresher it is," Ripplepelt mewed, dropping back into a crouch to demonstrate. "Drop nice and low to the ground, tail sticking straight ahead. Since we're hunting mice and the like, we need to keep our paw steps light so our prey doesn't feel us approaching. Put your weight on your haunches so your paws have no impact on the forest floor."

Ripplepelt smelt the air again, the scent of mouse hitting her. "I can smell a mouse close by - why don't you give it a try?" she suggested, sitting down to watch Mistypaw's attempt.
Old December 21st, 2023, 02:07 AM

Mistypaw

image credit to @/aspen.

The molly nodded, carefully watching Ripplepelt. She tried mimicking the crouch. Low to the ground, tail sticking straight ahead. And put her weight on her haunches. Okay, that seemed doable. Now she remembered doing this, all the movements felt familiar again. Alright, now she was supposed to try.. I hope I don't fail, she thought, dropping into a crouch and following the scent of the mouse. There, she saw it! It seemed pretty relaxed, chewing on something.

Alright, light steps.. The mouse suddenly looked up at her. The apprentice narrowed her eyes as it started to run, and she bounded after it. She threw one of her paws forward, trying to hold it under her paw, and for a second she had it there.. but then it wiggled its way out an ran. Noo! Misty padded back to Ripplepelt. "It kinda just.. ran. I had it under my paw for a few seconds but it managed to wiggle it's way out somehow," she mewed. Well, it was her first time hunting land prey, so that was ..good? She guessed?

@lesbianism

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

Old December 21st, 2023, 03:58 AM
Elliot ^_^

r i p p l e p e l t
"You did well to get a hold of it after it had already spotted you! Next time, try snagging it with your claws so it has less chance to wriggle away," she suggested. "Then you can either lean down to bite it while it's trapped, or pull it up to your mouth."

"When you can, it's always good to keep downwind of prey too,"
she mewed, sniffing for something else to catch. "Even if you're being quiet, sometimes they'll catch your scent and bolt. I'll demonstrate again. Your crouch was good, so this time focus on my pounce."

She stilled, smelling a squirrel. Her tail twitched uncertainly. She hadn't caught a squirrel in moons - they were much for suited for the climbers of ThunderClan.

[roll to catch (disadvantage): 16 20]
Well, prey was prey. She watched it carefully, extra aware of her steps - the last thing she wanted was to scare the thing up the tree trunk. Once she was close enough, she leapt towards it, claws outstretched. One brief scramble and hard bite down later, she buried it not far from the last catch, giving thanks to StarClan for her good luck.

"I wasn't sure I was going to catch that," she admitted, sitting back down to let Mistypaw have another try. "Hopefully we can find another mouse or vole for you - they're much better training. Do you smell anything?"

Last edited by lesbianism; December 21st, 2023 at 06:42 AM.
Old December 21st, 2023, 04:14 AM

Mistypaw

image credit to @/aspen.

The tabby shecat carefully listened to Ripplepelt's tips, nodding. "Alright," she replied, her one amber eye focused on the warrior, who was going to demonstrate again. This time she would make sure to pick up everything - the scent, the wind, the strategy - and then try to apply that to her try at hunting.

Ripplepelt seemed to be moving with care, putting thought into where she placed her paws. She got close, but not too close so that the prey couldn't pick up her scent, and then leapt towards it with unsheathed claws. Mistypaw observed that the warrior also struggled a little as the squirrel scrambled, but then bit down on it hard. Then, she buried it under some dirt. At Ripple's comment that she wasn't sure if she was going to catch the squirrel, Misty gave a thoughtful nod. "Yeah, it almost scrambled away. Buuut you still caught it!" This made her feel like a normal apprentice for the first time in ages. Sure she was older, sure she'd been through more than most cats, but distractions and little successes opened up another side of her.

"Do you smell anything?" The molly started sniffing the ground, trying to track down the scent of some sort of prey. Oh, there it was! The scent of a vole, still fresh. "Yeah, I can smell vole, down there," she mewed, gesturing in the scent's direction.

@lesbianism

Old December 22nd, 2023, 04:13 AM
Elliot ^_^

r i p p l e p e l t

She settled comfortably to watch Mistypaw's attempt, eyes narrowing in pleasure at the sun hitting her pelt. How fortunate they were to have a day of sunshine before leaf-bare was in full swing! It was certainly making the training much easier.
Old December 22nd, 2023, 06:39 AM

Mistypaw

image credit to @/aspen.

The late apprentice nodded, dropping into a crouch again. This time, she made sure to stay downwind. This vole isn't escaping! she thought, determination coursing through her. Mistypaw followed the scent, being careful with the placement of her paws. Nothing had crunched so far. She could see the vole by now. It was looking for something under the leaves. She got as close as possible, and then..

leap! She unsheathed her claws in mid-air and landed on the vole, holding it while leaning down to swiftly bite into its neck. Yay, she'd made it! Picking the vole up and walking back to Ripplepelt, she smiled a little over her success. It was the first piece of land prey she'd ever caught, and it seemed a decent size. "I caught it," she mewed to the warrior after dropping it.

@lesbianism