Old December 26th, 2023, 10:58 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Haggard Ruins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_ View Post
Sagefern nodded. "Sure go and try"
Wolfpaw began to move forward, doing his best to maintain the approved posture while simultaneously not being noisy. He couldn't tell if his steps were light enough though, or if he was being successful in keeping form.

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old December 28th, 2023, 12:14 AM

Status: Did you know that Goldfish actually have memories of up to 3 years?
Bump Policy: Honestly, whenever. I most likely forgot about it as I have the attention span on a goldfish
My Mood: Sleepy

HeronSnarl had decided to go hunting by herself out by the old camp. Bad idea ma'am, BAD IDEA!

She saw a mouse, dropping into a hunting crouch and stalking up to it. Unluckily for her, the wind changed and the mouse took off towards the pit.

HeronSnarl took off after it, ears pinned back. About two tail-lengths before the mouse falls to its death, it switches directions. HeronSnarl, unfortunately, does not.

She flails, trying to come to a stop, but is unable to, sliding into the pit of the old camp with a yowl.

Last edited by Ladiebugg; December 28th, 2023 at 12:15 AM.
Old December 28th, 2023, 05:00 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiebugg View Post
HeronSnarl had decided to go hunting by herself out by the old camp. Bad idea ma'am, BAD IDEA!

She saw a mouse, dropping into a hunting crouch and stalking up to it. Unluckily for her, the wind changed and the mouse took off towards the pit.

HeronSnarl took off after it, ears pinned back. About two tail-lengths before the mouse falls to its death, it switches directions. HeronSnarl, unfortunately, does not.

She flails, trying to come to a stop, but is unable to, sliding into the pit of the old camp with a yowl.

Mudhound
Thunderclan Warrior | They/them | 31 Moons
Bilingual T2 | Flock Together T3 | Rapid Recovery

Just a bit too late. But wasnt that always the story.

Mudhound had set out on a hunting patrol not even two hours after Heronsnarl had set off and had even come to the same location. The old camp seem to be host to a lot of little rodents after all, and while a tad dangerous was a good location for hunting, as long as you were safe.

Simply stumbling into the area had netted the tripod a blind mole, out foraging for bugs in the cold air and was snapped up by the opportunistic warrior, and following it back to the hole it came from earned another.
They were just about to leave without even looking in the hole and spotting the corpse of their clanmate when the squeaking of a mouse twitched folded ears. It was close to the hole, but Mudhound was confident so with a careful stalk and a last minute skid the mouse was a caught. It was almost ironic, in doing so the dense maine coon mix had almost met Heronsnarls death but 'avenged' their death.
Of course they'd never know that, only know that as they stood to pad away the sight of a familiar pelt caught their eye.

Oh. Oh no.

She wasnt moving, hadnt been for awhile and it was clear that she never would again, fur gently swaying in the breeze. The tripod for a time skirted the edge of the sinkhole, trying to find a path to get down and at least retrieve their clanmates body to no avail. There was no path down as they could see, even for a more agile clanmate.

The sinkhole was both Heronsnarls death and grave now, so with a sad sigh the warrior spoke "Im sorry you died this way Heronsnarl.... Ill let everyone know so they can say goodbye too, I hope starclan is good to you. Farewell." before they picked up their prey and padded back to camp, downcast.

Last edited by Rani; December 28th, 2023 at 05:01 PM.
Old January 8th, 2024, 12:55 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector
Ever since Wolfpaw's question about if there was a view of the ruins from the trees, Redhawk had wanted to find one. She figured she could surprise him with it should they ever go tree climbing again! He was a fun one to be around and reminded her of the generation of apprentices that had fought tooth and claw for their training and right to be warriors. It was no wonder Bumblestar had taken a keen interest in him.

The snow had started to fall as she made her way out of camp and towards the site of the old camp. Stalking around the edges of the ruins, careful not to get too close, Red closed in on a nearby thick tree and sprang up. Her claws latched into the bark and she scrambled up it quickly, eventually pulling herself onto a sturdy branch. With the leaves having fallen and leaf-bare in full swing, there wasn't any leaves blocking her view but the twisted and tangled branches didn't give her a clear enough one.

...Higher it was. Redhawk moved off of her branch and scrambled up the tree a little more. The trunk was growing thinner and it was just now starting to sway a bit under her weight. But up here most of the branches were gone or running sideways so that she could use them as well, and when she finally managed to look towards the ruins -

Woah.

It was much different without any obstructing brambles, and the ruins looked even more massive from up here if that was even possible. Redhawk clung to the sideways protruding branch she was on, tail waving to keep her balance with the tree. She lifted her head and realized that she could see even some of the tops of the trees nearby. How... exhilarating this was! Oh, she just had to bring Wolfpaw here once he got more practice under his paws! With the snow falling around her and starting to blanket the territory... it was just magical.

She was about to make her way down when a noise beside her stopped her. In a tree that was close by was a rather large crow, one that had landed and for some odd reason hadn't seen her? That didn't matter though, because now she was determined to catch it. She knew she had no momentum so she would need to press off as powerfully as she could. The tree wasn't far away and if anything the branches would slow her fall should she miss the gap.

Reading herself Redhawk leapt from the tree she clung to. The moment she left it the crow looked directly at her - it's eyes seemed... odd? - and started to flap its wings to get away. "Oh n-no you don't!" she yowled she aimed her teeth for one of its feet, managing to clamp down as her paws sunk into the bark of the other tree. With the added weight of the bird she scored claw marks as she slid down the tree, wincing as the bird flapped around hanging out of her mouth.

Still a ways up, but now on the other tree (and black feathers distorting her vision) Redhawk started to climb back down the tree backwards as quickly as she could. One the trunk got thicker she turned and leapt towards the ground, landing on her paws with the bird now squawking. Immediately she released its foot from her jaws while her other claw came to smack it's head, stunning it long enough for her to deliver a killing bite.

Well... that had been a catch. Picking up the large crow (and ignoring the stinging from the multiple times it had managed to peck her) Redhawk headed back towards camp with just the recipient in mind to share with. By now her reddish-brown pelt was coated with flakes as the flurries started to come down harder.

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |

Last edited by taillow; January 8th, 2024 at 12:57 PM.
Old January 8th, 2024, 11:56 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch

Fernwillow @Micanomancy , Redhawk @tallulah , Yarrowcrest @silver.
(Lmao I didn't even see the Redhawk post, thought we were still waitin My bad)

He hadn't even realized they all materialized moments after their names had left his maw. He hadn't even gotten a breath in before they were standing and waiting. A job well done, is what he would normally say if he weren't so deeply disturbed. "Alright. We're waitin on me hey? Let's get goin." he chuffed. Making his way towards the entrance of the camp.

------------------------------------------------

The trek back to the ruins of his old new camp was something he would never miss. This place could rot, let the earth swallow it whole for all he cared. He didn't. The willow tree dipping into the maw of the world always made him shiver. What could have been. Or maybe even what should have been.

"Be careful. The dirt still groans. If you hear anything close to low creaking walk like you're walking on thin river ice." he said. Tail twitching as he slowed to a stop. Ears twitching as he looked around. Checking for anything and everything. Something was...off... he couldn't explain why.

"We're here to see what's left n get out. We don't need to fall in or meet anyone who has." a hint towards a certain former medicine cat who was rotting in the roots of the willow tree he used to look up at. Ironic. He'd finally begin to give back to his clan in death. The most he'd ever done. But now wasn't the time to think about Sundust. He was on observation duty.

"If there's any prey, feel free to catch some."

(If you all could roll a 20 sided dice for me please and let me know what # you get in your next posts. Time to kick this off! /w\ )

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; January 8th, 2024 at 11:56 PM.
Old January 9th, 2024, 12:33 AM
as long as i breathe

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector
Trailing close behind Spiderthroat and keeping her eyes and ears peeled as they trekked towards the Haggard Ruins, Redhawk gave a nod of understanding at the deputy's words. She'd been here often, whether it was for hunting or a patrol or her event with some of the Clan's apprentices - or whenever she missed her sister. The ache was still there, and while she was positive it would never leave it didn't hurt as much as it once had.

Carefully skirting around the edges of the sinkhole and casting it a glance, Red scented the air for any prey lingering about. There didn't seem to be much, but the rustling of undergrowth near some tree roots made her freeze. Green eyes darted towards the mouse that was spotted and with lightning speed and phenomenal precision the ThunderClan warrior shot a claw out and managed to kill it quickly.

She buried it for now so that she could come back for it later and lifted her head. Red hadn't traveled too far from the others and kept them within hearing distance as she scaled a sideways-turned trunk to see what she could spot in the ruins. Claws gripped the bark and she made her way to the edge, snapping off smaller twigs so that she could see clearer. Nothing over here so far...

[ @Starfall @Micanomancy @silver. - i rolled a 12! ]

Old January 9th, 2024, 08:16 PM
The Ping You Dread

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mellow

Fernwillow
ThunderClan
she/her | 20 moons
[Silver tabby with white toes and sage green eyes]
---------------
[Spiderthroat - @Starfall ] [Redhawk - @tallulah ] [Yarrowcrest - @silver. ]
---------------
Fernwillow followed Spiderthroat and the others, growing more apprehensive the closer they got to the old camp. She knew the dangers of this place, and wondered why on earth they were scouring it for left over supplies NOW of all times? But it wasn't her place to question, so she merely gave Spiderthroat a swift nod before breaking off and searching the ruins.

There wasn't a lot of prey nearby, but she spotted Redhawk catching a mouse, and decided she would keep an eye out too. She wasn't sure what exactly they were looking for, but she was terrified of Spiderthroat and would rather hunt than turn around and ask him what he might think was a stupid question. So, she sought out some potential nest or warren spots, scenting the air.

There! the faint scent of a vole. Fernwillow dropped into a crouch, slinking through the undergrowth towards the roots of a large tree. The moment she got close, the vole shot out, and she chased after it. It didn't take long for her to overpower it and kill it with a quick nip to the neck. She dragged it off to the side and covered it with some leaf litter, then resumed her searching.

[Fern also rolled a 12!]

Mistlewhisker is ShadowClan's current Deputy!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkfur (WC) - Mistlewhisker (SC) - Eaglepaw (RC) - Birdpaw (SC) - Hillstrider (SC)
---
Mistlewhisker header and sig by @/redshiftreign
~~~~~
CEASEFIRE NOW!!!
Old January 9th, 2024, 10:06 PM
silly little guy

Bump Policy: 72 hrs!
My Mood: Dead

yarrowcrest // he/him // 20 moons
purrks: mind reader [INACTIVE], flock together tier 1 [INACTIVE]

---

Ah... He didn't like this. Didn't like this one bit. Even coming back to the old camp made his fur stand on end so uncomfortably he felt as though at any moment it would jump off his pelt. The trek is silent, much to his own dismay, but if none of his patrol mates had anything to say then perhaps it was better to just stay quiet. As they come to a halt so Spiderthroat can explain what they were to do, his attention scans over the area, an ear swiveled in the deputy's direction as he does so. It was eerie here and he didn't like it. As if this place were frozen in time, forever unchanging as the earth below creaked and moaned in agony of what was lost...

A-Anyway, this was no time for the fear that was rising up his throat! Turning his head back to stare at Spiderthroat, he too offers a nod of understanding before setting off, careful paw-steps carrying him forward. The young warrior is too pre-occupied with watching his step to do much hunting. He tries, nose raised to the air for a whiff of anything that may be scurrying nearby where he had decided to venture but he thinks he hears a snap underfoot and he's back to watching his paws.

( rolled a 6! ;w;" )
spiderthroat | @Starfall // redhawk | @tallulah // fernwillow | @Micanomancy

" oh the places you'll go, little love of mine "
character bios.
gif of cloverhoney by @/ramen !
Old January 13th, 2024, 04:50 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
Rolled a 16
He/Him || ThunderClan Deputy
Beefed Up Tier III || Just a Scratch
Fernwillow @Micanomancy , Redhawk @tallulah , Yarrowcrest @silver.

[The Fisher rolled a 16! , Fernwillow , Redhawk + Yarrowcrest are all blindsided!
Attack dmg 13. ]

The Calico saw it just as it was happening. A large mammal slamming onto the leaning Willow. Potentially, and if so effectively, launching Redhawk off of it. It was huge. Towering over the four of them with ease. A long thick tail lashing around. Getting hit with that would be something you wouldn't get back up from easily. It looked like an oversized marten, maybe with a hint of badger even.

It paid no mind to the feline it potentially launched into the hole, the scent of blood instead catching the Fisher's unwanted and deadly attention. Void black eyes turning to look at Fernwillow, a snarl echoing out in the lifeless ghost town of a former camp. Without a second to spare it began ripping it's way towards the Warrior. Spiderthroat himself doing the same without a second thought. "MOVE. EVERYONE MOVE." he barked. He could worry about Redhawk in a moment, he was almost positive they weren't dead, so he had to make sure the warrior in front of him wouldn't get sliced into three.

Flinging himself at the mammal, hoping his body weight would topple it, stop it dead in it's tracks and kick it off to the side. It did nothing to stop the beast. It's clawe'd paw swiping at Fernwillow. [ @/Micanomancy Please roll a 20 sided die to contest the attack ] The deputy himself bewildered at the sheer solidness of the mammal. It looked soft and plush, much like a badger, but it was anything but. It felt as though he rammed his shoulder into stone.

Letting out a hiss of pain, sputtering at the fact nothing happened. He was taken by surprise, however it only lasted for a moment. He'd prepared for the unexpected, it was a way of life. Asterdance was a beautiful example of that. Digging his claws into the side and shoulder, effectively hooking onto the Fisher, Spiderthroat aimed to kill it. [Beefed Up Tier III: USED] But it did nothing. A tom who could kill a fox by himself did no damage to whatever was rampaging in their old camp.

[ Fisher HP: 98/100 ]
If you could all please roll a 20 sided die again [x2 for you please Micanomancy /w\ ]

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us

Last edited by Starfall; January 13th, 2024 at 04:51 PM.
Old January 13th, 2024, 05:50 PM
as long as i breathe

Redhawk
She/they | 29 moons | Ultimate Predator • The Collector • Kitty Softpaws [inactive]
There wasn't much time to react. There wasn't much time to do anything. Preoccupied with maintaining her balance and peering into the old camp, Redhawk was unaware of the approaching danger. Not until it had landed on the tree and suddenly she was flung into the air. A loud screech split the air as her fur fluffed up and claws slid out. There was a brief moment where she felt weightless, suspended in the air, before she was falling.

Despite her name Red had no wings to rely on with the ground fast approaching. A few of the branches broke her fall, claws out to scrape down the sides to break her fall. "HELP!" she screeched as she finally landed on the side of the sinkhole. Her claws sunk deeply into the dirt to keep herself from sliding anymore, back claws depserately scrambling for purchase. She wasn't that far from the top, but there was no way she trusted herself to just leap out. Her green eyes remained wide and fixed on the tree she had just been launched from, not even daring to look below her.

Up above from where she slung to the side of the dirt, hissing as she slipped down a bit, she could hear Spiderthroat calling for everyone to move. Spitting and angry yowls and her hammering heart nearly rendered Redhawk deaf as she pressed her forehead against the dirt. She didn't want to die! Not like this! With a shaky foreleg she attempted to haul herself up a bit, but the loose dirt only caused her to slide down further.

[ @Starfall - rolled a whopping 1! @Micanomancy @silver. ]